User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
What did you do different knowing it's covid?
View Quote

Why test for anything? Why test for STDs or the flu? Just nice knowing what afflicts you.

Hell, maybe you have old people in your family and you want to know enough to stay away from them til you're well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
2 years ago, a couple of days before Christmas, my Parent's called and told us they had COVID.  We said we didn't give a damn and we weren't going to miss Christmas with them over COVID.  We went to their house like usual and had a great time.  We lived.

Go to Key West next year because you are upset with your Mom? What if your Mom didn't make it to the next Christmas?

View Quote

It's his MIL not his Mom.  Are we really supposed to take advice from someone who can't comprehend simple facts?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not to mention all the stupid TV infomercials and the new networks spreading gloom and doom about a triple threat of doom. Flu, covid and RSV then telling everyone to get their shots for these thing.

We're all gonna die if we do not get vaccinated

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2OcFu56-590.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop Testing!!!! If you have a cold, you have a cold. All this testing just keeps the fear crap going.

Not to mention all the stupid TV infomercials and the new networks spreading gloom and doom about a triple threat of doom. Flu, covid and RSV then telling everyone to get their shots for these thing.

We're all gonna die if we do not get vaccinated

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2OcFu56-590.gif

My 7 month old granddaughter was admitted to the hospital last week for RSV. Clearly my kid should have just kept her home. Fuck those Drs and their fancy tests.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's his MIL.  Are we really supposed to take advice from someone who can't comprehend simple facts?
View Quote

Fair point.  My mistake.  Doesn't change my point one bit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No one acts like an asshole when someone gets a flu test, either.

The emotional responses from fundamentally unhappy people go both ways.
View Quote

Well maybe if the vaxxers had not acted like assholes toward those, that chose not to get vaccinated. Things might be different. I read the posts here and saw what was said.  Do your stupid tests everytime you get a runny nose and take your dumbass fake boosters. How's it feel now when the shoe is on the other foot.

Not directed at you

We will never forget the horrible things the vaxxers said to us.

Now let me be clear if you are sick with a temp and difficulty breathing then by all means seek help. But this is not what are talking about. It's like people post they tested for covid still like a badge of honor or something.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?
View Quote

9,999/10,000 times covid is a nothing illness and it does not deserve to be treated with more shame or shunning than any other cold (even though it started as a chinese bioweapon developed illegally with american tax dollars)

But guess what, it has always been a shitty move to go to a party sick, go visit kids and old people while sick, cook a meal sick, etc.

If you know you are sick, cancel and stay home.

But if you catch covid don’t be a whiny tard.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why test for anything? Why test for STDs or the flu? Just nice knowing what afflicts you.

Hell, maybe you have old people in your family and you want to know enough to stay away from them til you're well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?

Yep. We give company a heads up & the option of backing out when members of our family are sick. That goes for stomach bug, flu, Covid, etc. Wanna come, fine. Wanna stay home, fine. It’s a simple concept really.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
OH NO! YOU CAUGHT THE SNIFFLES FROM YOUR MIL! SHAME ON HER!

You should delete this post OP, or hand in your man card.

ETA> I saw Key West mentioned, so you're a boomer, that explains the whining.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont-even-care-687.gif
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/amazing-gun-middle-finger-gif-351.gif

PUREBLOOD MASTER RACE CHECKING IN!

It's amazing that people are still testing for this shit. Bbaaaahhhh...
View Quote

You don't care until one of your family members is in ICU.  Been there done it.  You win dumb post of the day in GD.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
I get pissed off when someone knowingly sick comes into work or attends a function spreading their sickness.  Nothing to do with Covid.  It's just common courtesy and shows me their intelligence level and what they think of others.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I get pissed off when someone knowingly sick comes into work or attends a function spreading their sickness.  Nothing to do with Covid.  It's just common courtesy and shows me their intelligence level and what they think of others.
View Quote

Hey most everyone one here agrees with you. If they come hacking, blow snot ect..gtfo and leave.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#13]
My dad and step mom got even though they have all their updated shots , and they passed it on to my wife when we stopped over Monday. She has now had it at least three times if not four after her initial shot because of work.

I've had it once and no shot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone asked for pics yet to determine guilt?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Who knew she was serving Covid as a side.  I generally pass on second helpings of covid.

I would be pissed.

Sounds like half of GD would suck the snot from her covid riddled nose.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quit yer bitchin…. Man up!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair if you prepare a gathering meal or go to one knowing you have the flu, that makes you an asshole.

Same household parents with their kids I realize there’s only so much that can be done.  But attending a large gathering with something like the flu has always been a dick move.  Covid made such assholery less acceptable and it’s one thing from it I’m ok with.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Apparently, MIL had COVID symptoms for a few days prior to cooking Christmas dinner for everyone but didn't want to cancel the get together. She calls my wife the day after saying she tested positive for COVID.

Sure enough, over the past few days family members that were in attendance have been texting the group saying they felt horrible and were testing positive for COVID. We started feeling pretty bad Wednesday morning and all three of us popped positive for COVID today. Great way to spend the holidays.

Maybe we will go to Key West for Christmas next year. Who needs family.
View Quote

Did she create it in a lab via gain-of-function?

Thank Fauci and the Chi-Coms for creating and deploying it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
When our Son was still in school, wife &/or I got whatever was going around almost every year.  He graduated from High School in 2008.  Since that day (over 15 years ago), I have only been sick one day.

If I can avoid getting sick (be it Covid, flu, etc), I'm going to do so.  If that makes me a pussy all I have to say is "Meow."
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Why are people still testing for this garbage?

You get sick, you treat it, you move on, seems pretty simple
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Covid was 100% horrible.  I’ve had dysentery, multiple rounds of overseas food poisoning…and Covid was worse.  I was too sick to walk…literally…I could not physically stand up take a shower.  I had to sit in the shower on a chair.  

I know people who had it and had very mild symptoms…and I know otherwise healthy adults that ended up in the hospital on oxygen.  

Covid is no joke.  I’d be pissed if someone knowingly exposed me to it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Your MIL sounds more like a man than you.

Stop being a little bitch
View Quote

MIL is selfish and infected her whole family with COVID for Christmas. How does that make her manly?

Nice personal attack too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#23]
In other words, your MIL was sick, and got everyone else sick at dinner.

Been happening since the last supper Im sure.

PUREBLOOD MASTER RACE!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The same shit happened during the dark ages when the Bubonic Plague was all the rage.

"Me thinkith that thou shall go to'th the house of the inlaws and bringith forth the blankets covered in rat shyte and infected fleas to so they to can enjoy the fruits of the plague".
View Quote

This is what I needed from GD, it hurts to laugh but was worth it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why are people still testing for this garbage?

You get sick, you treat it, you move on, seems pretty simple
View Quote

How do you treat something without finding out what it is ?

If your car presents with a oil leak do you change the brake pads ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone that knowingly exposes people to any sickness because the are selfish, is a Cunt.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because the new conservative virtue signaling is not treating or recognizing illness I think. IDK. ???????
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Gee I don't know. Maybe after being locked down, rights attempted to be stripped away, a plandemic used to effect an election, then vaxxers attack those who refused a fake vaccine. We're just damn fed up with this BS. Just saying.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does GD get so upset every time someone gets tested to see what they're sick with?  It can't hurt anything and rules other things out.  Normal people don't give a fuck that you didn't get a shot or that you don't test just as much as we don't give a fuck that someone does test or did get a shot.

Gee I don't know. Maybe after being locked down, rights attempted to be stripped away, a plandemic used to effect an election, then vaxxers attack those who refused a fake vaccine. We're just damn fed up with this BS. Just saying.....

Yes it was all politically motivated bullshit, done most likely to swing a presidential election.  

That doesn’t mean that if you’re sick you shouldn’t get diagnosed and begin treatment to alleviate symptoms.  Regardless of what the illness is.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wheel bearings, duh.

What kind of moron are you?

But what are you doing looking for issues, some kind of liberal? If it runs, it goes! Stop looking for problems, that is just commie talk!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you treat something without finding out what it is ?

If your car presents with a oil leak do you change the brake pads ?
Wheel bearings, duh.

What kind of moron are you?

But what are you doing looking for issues, some kind of liberal? If it runs, it goes! Stop looking for problems, that is just commie talk!

It's a level of stupidity I can't even comprehend. It's like a certain % of the population have reverted back to being Neanderthals.

Edit- I was thinking more like in cabin air filter, for health reasons.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Go to Key West next year because you are upset with your Mom? What if your Mom didn't make it to the next Christmas?

View Quote

Well it's my mother in-law, so your terms are acceptable.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It is so sad, my family contracts the flu instead of COVID.  It doesn’t make as good of a story at Book Club.  
View Quote

No need to be left out. If it is the flu and not a cold then there's a good chance you'll test positive, especially if you use an old test from '21.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

MIL is selfish and infected her whole family with COVID for Christmas. How does that make her manly?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your MIL sounds more like a man than you.

Stop being a little bitch

Look, bro. If you take any precautions from infecting others while you're sick with COVID, you're a cuck who believes anything the gov tells you and you probably voted for Biden.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Welp, you’re wrong. A symptomatic person chose to expose their family to an infectious disease. That didn’t have to happen.

Here’s a head scratcher for me. Why would they stop testing for it? Generally people and doctors want to know what the root cause of an illness is so they can treat them. Doctors try not to, you know, wild ass guess what’s wrong with people. People get tested for strep and other ailments. Why would Covid be different? Damn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it.

Welp, you’re wrong. A symptomatic person chose to expose their family to an infectious disease. That didn’t have to happen.

.Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?  

Here’s a head scratcher for me. Why would they stop testing for it? Generally people and doctors want to know what the root cause of an illness is so they can treat them. Doctors try not to, you know, wild ass guess what’s wrong with people. People get tested for strep and other ailments. Why would Covid be different? Damn

So, how do you treat Covid?  The only effective treatment was horse paste.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
View Quote

This.

Regular ol' flu is infectious as well, and a good number of people die from it every single year (except during the COVID govt overreaction days -- NO flu at all during that year!).   And yet there are no "flu tests" on the shelf at the drug store.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OH NO! YOU CAUGHT THE SNIFFLES FROM YOUR MIL! SHAME ON HER!

You should delete this post OP, or hand in your man card.

ETA> I saw Key West mentioned, so you're a boomer, that explains the whining.
View Quote

Yep he should be pleased that someone got him sick.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Because the new conservative virtue signaling is not treating or recognizing illness I think. IDK. ???????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fully expect the new conservative virtue signal to be showing off their gangrene because antibiotics now dilute the purity of their blood.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@Sandbowl1980
View Quote

Yessss
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I fully expect the new conservative virtue signal to be showing off their gangrene because antibiotics now dilute the purity of their blood.
View Quote

Goddamn RIGHT, Mandrake!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a stupid ass post.

If someone knowingly gets me sick, fuck them.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
News at 11... People get sick from other people!!
View Quote

You left out the part where she knowingly had it for days.

If some broad had genital herpes or the clap and knew it you wouldn't mind her not disclosing it?

People get sick, shit happens, afterall.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have NEVER accused anyone of infecting me with a cold.

Only Covid brought this shit out in us.

Don’t let the narrative fuck with your head OP. You got to spend Christmas with family, your kids don’t care about Covid (unless you program them to). Remember 3yrs ago when they wanted to shut down Christmas?
View Quote

No it didn't. If some jackass with a stomach virus knowingly comes to a gathering, most people who catch it as result are going to be cursing that SOB while they're shitting their guts out. That's the way it's always been.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No it didn't. If some jackass with a stomach virus knowingly comes to a gathering, most people who catch it as result are going to be cursing that SOB while they're shitting their guts out. That's the way it's always been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have NEVER accused anyone of infecting me with a cold.

Only Covid brought this shit out in us.

Don’t let the narrative fuck with your head OP. You got to spend Christmas with family, your kids don’t care about Covid (unless you program them to). Remember 3yrs ago when they wanted to shut down Christmas?

Exactly.

I'm as anti covid as the next guy but it's stupid as fuck to pretend we didn't get pissed off at someone for leaving us bedridden due to some other sickness precovid.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In before the people that say they don't care about covid, that show up in every covid thread, post about how they don't care about covid.

Too late

View Quote

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Stupid people have always been inherently dangerous to be around. I hope everyone gets well soon.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top