Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
What did you do different knowing it's covid?
View Quote

We've all been sick for the last week or so. I think I had it worse. Had to sleep in my office chair a couple nights. I couldn't lie down or even sleep in a recliner without hacking up a lung. Didn't bother testing, since I'm not taking pfizer's paxlovid. I have some in the pantry from last year. All of us are pretty much back to normal now. I'll give props to Mucinex. Allowed me to get some sleep. NyQuil/DayQuil sucked.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gather a large enough collection of humans and someone is going to be sick.

Its the human condition.

I'd rather get sick spending time with family than from a trip to the grocery store.

Stop putting stuff up your nose, it doesn't help anything to put stuff up your nose.  Everyday, I pick every single one of these fucking boogers out of my nose, then I wake up the next day...there they are again.

You all probably have the flu.  The tests can't tell the difference, our family found this out.
View Quote

Hell, tap water will cause some of the home covid tests to pop positive.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yeah it's kinda crazy

instead of lockdowns, vaccines, boosters, masks, etc

how about -- if you feel sick -- stay home ?

View Quote

Or, if you're scared of getting sick, YOU stay home? We're exposed to diseases every day that are more dangerous than covid. Hell, are those of you who are married absolutely 100 percent sure your better half didn't get drunk and fuck someone HIV positive at the bar recently?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Welp, you’re wrong. A symptomatic person chose to expose their family to an infectious disease. That didn’t have to happen.

Here’s a head scratcher for me. Why would they stop testing for it? Generally people and doctors want to know what the root cause of an illness is so they can treat them. Doctors try not to, you know, wild ass guess what’s wrong with people. People get tested for strep and other ailments. Why would Covid be different? Damn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it.

Welp, you’re wrong. A symptomatic person chose to expose their family to an infectious disease. That didn’t have to happen.

.Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?  

Here’s a head scratcher for me. Why would they stop testing for it? Generally people and doctors want to know what the root cause of an illness is so they can treat them. Doctors try not to, you know, wild ass guess what’s wrong with people. People get tested for strep and other ailments. Why would Covid be different? Damn

Covid? Treat?

They'll tell you to go home, stay there and wait until it's over. There's your treatment. So again, why test?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or, if you're scared of getting sick, YOU stay home? We're exposed to diseases every day that are more dangerous than covid. Hell, are those of you who are married absolutely 100 percent sure your better half didn't get drunk and fuck someone HIV positive at the bar recently?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got several people sick at work.  

Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
View Quote
I do.

I don't want some inconsiderate asshole giving me the cold, or flu, China flu.

Fuck you and stay home if you're sick and be considerate of others.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
All you that like to share your Covid illnesses, please also give us data about your type of vaccine and how many boosters. This would help and we could have more fun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Who cares? Sorry that you guys have the sniffles.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
That sucks getting sick when it's avoidable, happened to us as well and dealing with it.

But the vidz generally ain't shit since delta really. No reason to get tested.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont-even-care-687.gif
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/amazing-gun-middle-finger-gif-351.gif

PUREBLOOD MASTER RACE CHECKING IN!

It's amazing that people are still testing for this shit. Bbaaaahhhh...
View Quote

No kidding. I've never been tested, haven't been sick and I will never be tested.

Another pure blood check-in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All you that like to share your Covid illnesses, please also give us data about your type of vaccine and how many boosters. This would help and we could have more fun.
View Quote

Fair enough, my wife and kid are pure bloods. I have the initial J&J vaccine because I work for the state and would have been fired if I didn't get a vaccine in July 2021 (although that requirement has been overturned after all of us got the vaccine). No boosters for me though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?

I get kind of annoyed when someone shows up at work with a cold.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Why do you even test for this bullshit?

Why do you play their game?

Fuck all that.  

You’re sick.  Pop vitamins and Dr. Zelenko’s stack, defeat the virus, and move on wit even stronger antibodies and resistance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Three years ago in the middle of the California COVID shutdowns our group got together for Thanksgiving at a friend's house.

We're hanging around drinking beers and wine in the open kitchen area when I see the host sample the dressing with the serving spoon to her lips, lick, and then she shoved it back into the warm stuffing.

Nobody knew anything about COVID but I figured it was at least transmittable by licking. I told my wife and we were very careful on what we ate and got out of there. It was very uncomfortable at dinner parties because normally the ladies bring a dish or two and even short of getting sick ... uggh.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
My whole family has the rona now.  My mothers funeral was a super spreader event which is ironic since she was so paranoid about getting it.  A couple of other friends and family have it too.  One had recently got the new booster, which apparently didn't help.  More horse paste for me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Well I got Christmas COVID from my wife so I guess I won't stay home for Christmas next year.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#20]
OP, I feel you.

If you are sick, don't have people over and stay home. I don't care what you have.  I don't care if it's COVID, flu, cold, viral herpes, bacterial goo, whatever.

While you're at it, if you have an STD, don't fuck other people...

I posted a thread like this a year ago about a COVID carrying sick coworker who spread it all over a conference room. I didn't get any sympathy either, but it didn't change my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Three years ago in the middle of the California COVID shutdowns our group got together for Thanksgiving at a friend's house.

We're hanging around drinking beers and wine in the open kitchen area when I see the host sample the dressing with the serving spoon to her lips, lick, and then she shoved it back into the warm stuffing.

Nobody knew anything about COVID but I figured it was at least transmittable by licking. I told my wife and we were very careful on what we ate and got out of there. It was very uncomfortable at dinner parties because normally the ladies bring a dish or two and even short of getting sick ... uggh.
View Quote

That's just disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#22]
It happens.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I hate it when people don't stay away from others when they are sick. If you're sick, stay home. How hard is that to understand?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:05:09 AM EDT
[#24]
So now you are naturally vaxxed if you weren't already.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Had it again earlier this week. I was down bad for a couple days, my fever was up to 104 at one point. Still tired, but feeling better. My wife is a few days behind me and she’s sick as hell. Luckily the kids seem fine. This is just part of life now.
View Quote

It’s always been part of life. Why are you pretending that this is new?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's amazing that people are still testing for this shitt. Bbaaaahhhh...
View Quote
You sure have a lot of posts for something you don't care about. Especially for being a "muh puhrbluud".
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#27]
One of my wife's aunts did similar last year.  Knows she's sick but still comes to the family get together on Christmas Eve and hugs everyone.   If you know you're sick, stay home!
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:58:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I put a mask on and I am standing 6 feet away from my computer just to be safe.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#30]

I'm always puzzled by posts that have absolutely zero to do with the topic at hand.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:04:13 AM EDT
[#31]
OP you aren't wrong.

I can't stand people that are sick and feel so self important they just have to go around exposing other people (especially family and friends) to whatever virus they're spreading.

There is not a person on this planet worth dealing with 1-2 weeks of being sick just to spend a few hours with them.

'Merry Christmas here's some COVID or flu to welcome in the new year'

My BIL got sick and stayed home for Christmas Eve dinner. Sucks he couldn't make it but I'd he stay home than give us his fever and diarrhea he was dealing with.

We can always reschedule or host them for something soon when everyone is feeling better.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:13:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's amazing that people are still testing for this shit. Bbaaaahhhh...
View Quote

All of this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:22:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Isn't the flat earther/ covid denier forum 1 down"
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hate it when people don't stay away from others when they are sick. If you're sick, stay home. How hard is that to understand?
View Quote
Some people are stupid.  Other's life suck so bad that they want others to catch their sickness to share their misery......
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Your whole family has Covid because of Fauci and the deep state that put him in a position to poison the world.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:58:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I agree with you.

We have been down with a house of covid since before Christmas (on week 2 now...), and we cancelled all company.
A: we feel like shit.
B: Not spreading this around.

Luckily our family is all in agreement that there is no reason to spread shit around, just wait until people are well and then go. It is still a holiday even if the date on the calendar is different, plus everybody gets to enjoy it.
View Quote

Good!   Take personal satisfaction  that you have cause an evolutionary dead end in this thing's family. No more off spring, no more getting to grow, no  more in new places/people. No chance to mutant and/or evolve due to more different DNA. This is this crud's  

It will die with you, it remains  shitted out in an unmarked septic tank.   To rot beside that atrocity of chili with beans .

Be petty, be vindictive, and selfishly don't share. Keep your kids home from school....

The rest of us appreciate that.  We try to do the same.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My 6 year old has the flu after a Christmas dinner at my brother in laws. Their middle kid was running fever all day but brought her anyways because they didn't want her to miss out on anything. They left in the middle of the GTG to take her to the doc and tested positive for the flu. They then brought her back to the house and sat her in the corner and told everyone to stay away from her.
View Quote
God people are fucking idiots
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:03:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

why do people fucking ask this question???  tell me what do people do when they are sick? they go to the doctor, what does doctor do? they test people to see what is making them sick... ffs get ahold of yourselves..  when someone has cancer what does the doctor do?? they test for cancer!! oh the huge manatee..
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:06:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Covid? Treat?

They'll tell you to go home, stay there and wait until it's over. There's your treatment. So again, why test?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it.

.Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?  

Covid? Treat?

why does it bother you so much? .. thats weird.  people get sick with other stuff also, and yes they do treat the flu, strep and a shit ton of other ailments..  not everyone that is sick with covid knows they have covid.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

why do people fucking ask this question???  tell me what do people do when they are sick? they go to the doctor, what does doctor do? they test people to see what is making them sick... ffs get ahold of yourselves..  when someone has cancer what does the doctor do?? they test for cancer!! oh the huge manatee..
View Quote
What is the treatment for covid if you are 10-50 and relatively healthy? Also, most doctors and ER doctors don't want to see people with common cold symptoms they will tell them to stay home and rest. The more we talk about covid the more things like masking, restrictions, and harmful activities surrounding our elections will continue. Stop contributing it's continuation.

ETA: If you are sick, stay away from people like normal. All the extra shit that came with covid can fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#42]
When my inlaws were driving down before Christmas I started feeling sick. My kids just got over strep so I figured that's what it was. My wife called them in case they wanted to stay home, and they said they didn't care. The next day I went to the doctor to get some antibiotics and I tested negative for strep and positive for covid. They (both vaxxed) freaked out and went home. Neither ended up getting it. I just thought it was funny that they weren't worried about strep but freaked out about covid. Also, first time, to my knowledge, I had COVID. It was like a mild cold. I was better in a day or two.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#44]
See the shot and the 8 boosters you got worked , trust the science
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah it's kinda crazy

instead of lockdowns, vaccines, boosters, masks, etc

how about -- if you feel sick -- stay home ?

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#46]
A variant is getting cooked up right now out in the community.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Everywhere I went this Christmas someone was sick.  I've just been ignoring it.  I'll either get sick, or I won't.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]

You could have taken 30 seconds to fact check this instead of embarrassing yourself.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/04/scicheck-fewer-cases-of-flu-due-to-pandemic-precautions-contrary-to-viral-claim/
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Your whole family has Covid because of Fauci and the deep state that put him in a position to poison the world.
View Quote

Correct. It is an engineered bio weapon, although only a trial run.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top