[#1]
Project Blue Beam.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so when do we get to fight the aliens and will maggie be there?

https://americanprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sarah-sanguine-carter-2013.jpg
View Quote

MMMMMMM Very nice, but dibs on Lourdes!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Government distraction from all the egregious acts of government.
View Quote

usually is...
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
mmaggie from the falling skies documentary series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7vrlvu9qk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
m
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://americanprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sarah-sanguine-carter-2013.jpg

Who is she?
maggie from the falling skies documentary series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7vrlvu9qk

I loved seasons 1 and 2 of that show... once they reached Charleston, the show turned to shit.. The entire fucking planet has been overrun by space aliens, but you can't own a gun??? what form of lib fuctard asshole even wrote that??? I'd have taken the hot little latina and headed out on my own...Fucking assholes...
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think it's happening.

NASA holds top secret conferences to discuss what the space agency should do if its $10B James Webb telescope finds ALIENS, scientist reveals

A NASA scientist has revealed the space agency has discussed what they should do if the James Webb telescope finds evidence of aliens. Dr Michelle Thaller, NASA's assistant director of science communication, said they were open to the possibility the powerful telescope may discover new forms of life. 'We actually work with SETI - the search for extraterrestrial intelligence,' said Thaller. 'There are extra scientists that are searching the sky for signs of alien civilizations.

'We've had conferences about what happens if the James Webb Space Telescope observes an atmosphere of a planet around another star and we see things that don't look natural.' She said suspicious signs could be pollution coming from a planet, and said that she felt it was only a matter of time before alien life was detected - perhaps microbial life on Venus, Mars, or Saturn's largest moon, Titan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12477453/nasa-james-webb-telescope-alien-life.html

View Quote

I just had a conversation about this with my brother who I think laughed at me about it.

People need to get used to the idea that aliens exist, ( I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have visited us in some capacity already ).  

The universe, and even our own galaxy is simply too vast of a place for us to be the ONLY intelligent lifeform, and to think that we are alone in this place is ignorant thinking at its finest.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We were talking about this last night. I don't see it ending well.

If they are a hostile race that has the ability for deep space travel... we're fucked.

If they are an advanced, decent race, they'll likely see what a shitshow we are and likely an eventual danger, so... again we're fucked.
View Quote

Don’t underestimate a propensity for violence, and vast experience of waging war. Having advanced technology doesn’t necessarily mean that its wielders are proficient at using it in savage ways.

When we discovered how to split the atom, what was the first thing we did with it? We built a giant fucking bomb.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Been hearing this shit my whole life.
It's always:

"They're already here, but the gov won't tell anyone cuz peeps would freak out"

"It's mathematically impossible for there not to be life elsewhere"

"The aliens are waiting for us to become more peaceful so we don't destroy them"

"They were already here, how do you think the pyramids got built"

Blah blah blah. Wake me up when they actually find evidence of intelligent life.

Intelligent life, not bacteria or microbes. A motherfucker that walks and talks and flys around and shit.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh no.  We're doomed....
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
And who’s never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .
View Quote

Religion wouldn't be happy about it
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#11]
  “perhaps microbial life on Venus, Mars, or Saturn's largest moon, Titan.”

So a microbial life is life on Mars,, but a clump of cells in the womb becoming a Human Fetus is not.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don’t underestimate a propensity for violence, and vast experience of waging war. Having advanced technology doesn’t necessarily mean that its wielders are proficient at using it in savage ways.

When we discovered how to split the atom, what was the first thing we did with it? We built a giant fucking bomb.
View Quote

Any intelligent aliens that could travel here from another star would of course possess energy sources way beyond what we have. They would have the high ground. Changing the orbits of different asteroids in the solar system to hit earth would be pretty easy for them. We wouldn't have a chance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They need to justify the money and how to get more of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They need to justify the money and how to get more of it.

Quoted:
Government distraction from all the egregious acts of government.

Nailed it.

So far we've gotten FLIR video and testimony from a pilot (or two) that says "I don't know what I saw (vaguely right) but it was not an airplane."

OK.  Then the pentagon says we see some things but we aren't sure...aliens...maybe...but not sure...but maybe Chinese drones...maybe...

OK.  Now NASA.  Hope all those trust fund kids at the top have their brokers lined up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Let’s just make sure we don’t hide their space cash or use their technology to win Boyscout Pinewood Derby races.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why do you think that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maggie was a bad girl.

But that’s a good thing post-alien invasion.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gimmedats
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You mean it’s going to be free? That always costs extra.
View Quote

Well, now.  You just haven't asked nicely.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They also hold meetings on how to handle world ending asteroid strikes even though like aliens, there is no chance of an asteroid strike happening any time soon.

It's just wishful thinking and wastefulness on their part. Nasa is amazingly good as wasting money on stuff that does not matter and has no value to any one.
View Quote

Last year, around this time, NASA crashed a satellite into an asteroid to see if it could be deflected.  A few months later an asteroid passed close to Earth
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#20]
https://www.uaptheory.com/

A theory of how the UAPs (UFOs) might work.  Not a quick read, but also at a higher level than most UFO discussions.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bullshit.

This is just another distraction from some Joe Briben or Hunter Briben scandal.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Finding live, even microbial life would be amazing. Also, Religion would shit a brick.
View Quote

Intelligent life yes. Microbial it would be news for like 2 days and back to your regularly scheduled propaganda IMO. Religions would just move the goal posts to cover it. I.e. god created the heavens and the earth.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

they have not discovered any extra-solar system planets.  

they see patterns that they attribute to being due to planets, but that has never been confirmed to be planets and won't be for a very long time if ever
View Quote

Lol. Ok... it's just a big conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
To put the article into plain language: reader, pay no attention to the fact that your people, and any other [significant] people of the world, already don't control their own governments.  Your own government, and every other government, exists to administer the wishes of--does it matter if our master is alien or human?  If this catches on, I wonder how long alien preparations will go on.  As long as our masters want, is the answer.  We deferred our rights to government to keep drugs at bay.  We're just moving on to having government keep aliens at bay.  Right?  Republicans?  Democrats?  lol.  

The whole media/government world is a lie.  All of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If they are a hostile race that has the ability for deep space travel... we're fucked.

If they are an advanced, decent race, they'll likely see what a shitshow we are and likely an eventual danger, so... again we're fucked.
View Quote

Maybe, or maybe not...
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let’s just make sure we don’t hide their space cash or use their technology to win Boyscout Pinewood Derby races.
View Quote

Having seen a Pinewood Derby car milled to shape (including some aerodynamic principles in getting air to flow better around a curve being applied) with the company's CNC router table...

Yeah, the only question is how many fathers are going to use that tech to 'help' their kid build a winning car.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#27]
If aliens (from space) would show up and land in DC 99% of the citizens wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Life here began out there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#29]
With the current politicians and media we are saddled with??
Lol, the only reason they tell us anything is to distract from their corruption and bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Vatican has openly stated they welcome it, conceive it - and it's 100% compatible with God's creation.

Many suspect Vatican knows.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They also hold meetings on how to handle world ending asteroid strikes even though like aliens, there is no chance of an asteroid strike happening any time soon.

It's just wishful thinking and wastefulness on their part. Nasa is amazingly good as wasting money on stuff that does not matter and has no value to any one.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Huge asteroids sneak up on this planet regularly. One will smack us someday. Hell, they didn't even know a school bus sized one that hit cheblynsk (sp) was coming. None are known/imminent, if that's what you meant to say.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's conjecture,  You said the math proves it... show me the math.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how's this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don't need the government to tell me. It's like being a tribe on a remote is
And who's never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .

@buck19delta

Ok,  show your work!

Endless universe that's still expanding, millions - billions of galaxies, billions - trillions of planets, = certainty there's life on more than just earth.

That's conjecture,  You said the math proves it... show me the math.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Having seen a Pinewood Derby car milled to shape (including some aerodynamic principles in getting air to flow better around a curve being applied) with the company's CNC router table...

Yeah, the only question is how many fathers are going to use that tech to 'help' their kid build a winning car.
View Quote

Imma --->_ engineer.  Errbody expected my son to win.  Found out in an around about way, mh boy and I did quite well though he lost.  To make a long story short: the ones with the most practice time, win.  One of the parents set-up the very competition track in their basement, weeks before the event.  He placed anyway.  Never found out who we bumped.  Never directly asked who-all was in on (what was IMO) the cheating, as I didn't want to expose my displeasure or expose my little bird--and I didn't want that particular incident to teach the youngin' to not run his mouth.   Dang we were quizzed about what we did to make it go so fast--although he/we lost.  Here's another lesson: if you cheat, don't elaborate anything at all.  That they were asking a 2nd or 3rd (I don't remember which) place builder why his car is so fast...well I knew something wasn't right when I got flattery and not even friendly, gloating.  One of the kids whose parents were in on the basement thing, unwittingly (as the young often do, without realizing it) spilled the beans months later.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Group buy on sonic, electronic, ball breakers?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember hawking talking about it. He said fellow astronomers would get excited thinking about the ability to contact aliens. But he always viewed it as a negative.

Look at history and what humans did when they discovered new lands and found new people.

Realistically I believe in the filter. I don't think it's possible for any civilization to travel between systems. There's a physical barrier that can't be overcome. Fermi's law. That or the universe isn't infinite.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Imma --->_ engineer.  Errbody expected my son to win.  Found out in an around about way, mh boy and I did quite well though he lost.  To make a long story short: the ones with the most practice time, win.  One of the parents set-up the very competition track in their basement, weeks before the event.  He placed anyway.  Never found out who we bumped.  Never directly asked who-all was in on (what was IMO) the cheating, as I didn't want to expose my displeasure or expose my little bird--and I didn't want that particular incident to teach the youngin' to not run his mouth.   Dang we were quizzed about what we did to make it go so fast--although he/we lost.  Here's another lesson: if you cheat, don't elaborate anything at all.  That they were asking a 2nd or 3rd (I don't remember which) place builder why his car is so fast...well I knew something wasn't right when I got flattery and not even friendly, gloating.  One of the kids whose parents were in on the basement thing, unwittingly (as the young often do, without realizing it) spilled the beans months later.
View Quote

I’m disappointed in the lack of South Park fans in this thread…
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way back in the first half of the 1970s, I won in my den because mine was the only car in the den that had holes drilled in the body then lead melted and poured into the holes.  We had to go to a country store, a few miles away from the house (store owner was a neighbor), to use their meat scale to figure out how much of the lead had to be drilled out to get the car back under the max weight.  

After winning in my den, I lost in the next round, because my father didn't have a clue how to align the wheels.

While watching the car being milled on the CNC router, I was lectured on all the stuff you had to do with prepping wheels and axles, aligning the wheels, getting it to roll on three wheels so the fourth wheel wasn't adding rolling resistance...

It's nuts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a link to a clip from the episode?

ETA:  Yeah, I could see a miniature warp drive making its way into a Pinewood Derby car, at some point in the future.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

You want to be the first extant civilization past a Great Filter.  Not the second.

We know our track record with dealing with less-advanced civilizations the second we get a hint of power.  Would you want us as galactic neighbors and maybe, eventually peers?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You want to be the first extant civilization past a Great Filter.  Not the second.

We know our track record with dealing with less-advanced civilizations the second we get a hint of power.  Would you want us as galactic neighbors and maybe, eventually peers?
View Quote

Let’s not forget that a multiplanetary civilization almost certainly dwarfs a single-planet civilization in terms of available resources.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#42]
We already did in 2019:

Interstellar Comets Hold Proof Of Alien Life, Harvard Physicist Claims (2019)

According to Loeb, the first interstellar comet to visit Earth’s neighborhood was initially classified as a natural comet that came from a different solar system. However, the physicist noted that further observations on this comet, dubbed as Oumuamua, revealed that it was somehow propelling itself across space.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We already did in 2019:

According to Loeb, the first interstellar comet to visit Earth’s neighborhood was initially classified as a natural comet that came from a different solar system. However, the physicist noted that further observations on this comet, dubbed as Oumuamua, revealed that it was somehow propelling itself across space.

This is a conclusion based on what evidence? Delta v? Vector changes?  Psychic impressions from miss Cleo?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Got a link to a clip from the episode?

ETA:  Yeah, I could see a miniature warp drive making its way into a Pinewood Derby car, at some point in the future.
View Quote

Yep, that's exactly what they did! LOL

South Park - Pinewood Derby Race
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is a conclusion based on what evidence? Delta v? Vector changes?  Psychic impressions from miss Cleo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We already did in 2019:

Didn't Oumuamua come through with sufficient  velocity that it required an extra-Solar origin?  

No exhibiting Delta v, no emitting coherent radiation, or dumping off a few probes, required.  It did have an oddball, almost cigar shape though, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"If."

It's a mighty big word.
View Quote

Yep.  Many organizations run scenarios that can be low probability.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm sure they'll just decide to do what they always do. Lie.
View Quote

Precisely.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Top secret meetings?  Not so secret...
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Didn't Oumuamua come through with sufficient  velocity that it required an extra-Solar origin?  

No exhibiting Delta v, no emitting coherent radiation, or dumping off a few probes, required.  It did have an oddball, almost cigar shape though, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We already did in 2019:

Cigar shape with pixelated pix made at extreme distance?

Never saw any fact-based study that suggested it was not natural.  Not much of an argument for intelligent design.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top