Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Alien life exists, no doubt.  Has it ever visited earth?  I have no idea, probably not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My intent is to become famous for creating the best recipe for cooking alien meat.  
The thought of roast alien hocks makes me drool.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cigar shape with pixelated pix made at extreme distance?

Never saw any fact-based study that suggested it was not natural.  Not much of an argument for intelligent design.
View Quote

As I recall it did have some changes in trajectory. Which could have been explained by pockets of frozen gases thawing as it entered the inner solar system. It did originate outside our system, but that in and of itself isn't unusual.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how is it top secret if the Daily Mail is reporting on it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My intent is to become famous for creating the best recipe for cooking alien meat.  
View Quote

I'll make you an honorary coonass, if you aren't already one.

the question is though, boiled in zatarains with some red pepper powder and garlic, Cajun injector butter-garlic then deep fried in peanut oil, or stuffed with boudin and cream cheese then smoked?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
False flag
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

the question is though, boiled in zatarains with some red pepper powder and garlic, Cajun injector butter-garlic then deep fried in peanut oil, or stuffed with boudin and cream cheese then smoked?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Lort, there goes my diet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Didn't Oumuamua come through with sufficient  velocity that it required an extra-Solar origin?  

No exhibiting Delta v, no emitting coherent radiation, or dumping off a few probes, required.  It did have an oddball, almost cigar shape though, IIRC.
View Quote

It also came out of plane IIRC which was odd.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm OK if the aliens looked like Sherri Jackson of Star Trek.

I think aliens have been visiting us but it's one of those so what and what difference does it make type of thing.  If they wanted to kick our azz, they would have done so already.  We're still going to have to pay estimated taxes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#11]
more sensationalized garbage click bait shit that the common masses eat up... it's all so tiresome
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
And who’s never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .
View Quote

I dont think you know how math works.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Look up the drake equation. Honestly ever since they discovered extra-solar planets were pretty common, the fact "life" is out there became an almost mathematical certainty. The only real question is how common "intelligent" life is.
View Quote

Drake equation can equally be used to prove aliens don't exist,  just depends what you plug in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Aliens are the new covid. Just another way to exert control.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
And who’s never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .
View Quote

Math doesn’t prove shit. Take the odds of life forming spontaneously (0) and multiply it by the scale of the universe (infinity) and it’s still nothing
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There's always the simulation theory.  If it is possible to simulate life, there's a near certain chance that we live in a simulation and are not the base reality.   In such a case, anything is possible.  Simulation theory also makes a lot of quantum mech concepts make sense (only things being looked at need perfect rendering).

Same with the Moon, simulation theory would explain it, but according to nearly everybody that has calculated the actual measurements, physics and math, there's more proof that the moon is not a natural satellite of Earth than some comet ejection/capture theories.  

Strange Universe when you start to look at it.

View Quote
If that's the case, "God" is the alien kid that typed "run tardsim beta 0.9" on the command line and walked away from it for eternity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Basically, yes.   Except we could be in the 2,584th iterative recursion of that from the base reality.  Some reality is high tech and dimensionless and  starts a world to emulate a billion years with some nudges and that reality grows on to create simulations of a world in their world and on and on.   We can't break out of the box so everything is an illusion, essentially.

View Quote

That makes it sound like life is pointless and gay.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I will welcome our new alien overlords.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Religion wouldn't be happy about it
View Quote

Sure they would. There are numerous references across many religions that could be directly attributed to extra terrestrial life.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Drake equation can equally be used to prove aliens don't exist,  just depends what you plug in.
View Quote

Yup. Thus far we have a good idea on the stars, and planets and some idea of planets in goldilocks zones. I'm of the opinion that "life" will exist pretty much anywhere it can based on the fact it does in pretty much every hostile as fuck enviroment on earth.

Then the only remaining questions are how common intelligent life is. And if it actually co-exists with us.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top