BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has been real for years, this is the end of the kicking the can down the road policy with regard to Norkland and Iran.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:08:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It is time for a strong preemptive nuclear strike. 30 - 40 Trident II's, each loaded with 8 W88 devices.

The best case scenario is a massive first strike. Take out as much of their known military, political, and infrastructure as possible in the first few minutes. Submarine launch the first strike and follow it up with strategic bombers.

China is too pragmatic to jump into a fight that starts with a nuclear strike.
View Quote
I think you're right.

Shit is going to kick off sooner or later, we might as well throw the first punch. Double or (apocalypse) the rest of the world will do nothing but pee in their panties a little bit. And no, we would most definitely NOT get our hair mussed. We could flatten them and all we would lose would be Seoul. (ETA: and/or our soul).
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah fuck Japan. I'm sure all of that fall out that comes there way will be fine...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is time for a strong preemptive nuclear strike. 30 - 40 Trident II's, each loaded with 8 W88 devices.

The best case scenario is a massive first strike. Take out as much of their known military, political, and infrastructure as possible in the first few minutes. Submarine launch the first strike and follow it up with strategic bombers.

Yeah fuck Japan. I'm sure all of that fall out that comes there way will be fine...
They should be used to it by now.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't for the life of me see what Kim hopes to accomplish with all this premature provocation and posturing.  The very best he can hope for is to preserve the status quo, which he would have had anyway if he'd simply STFU.  And at worst he'll end up with a lapful of U.S. conventional, or possibly nuclear weapons.  Surely he's smart enough to realize that there's no happy ending to the course he seems intent on setting for NK's international relations.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
But we'd lose James Woods
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So wouldn't be a total loss if a nuke hit that area.    Better than anywhere else.
But we'd lose James Woods
James Woods needs to move one state over to the right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Fall out is a controllable effect based on the altitude (relative to ground level) of the device at the time of detonation. To put it simply, blow the bombs up high enough and you don't get significant fallout.

That has to be balanced, of course, with minimizing the potential of the compton effect doing significant infrastructure damage to Seoul.

Bottom line is we'd need to use more devices, blow them higher off the ground, and further from the border, to keep from causing an environmental disaster in Japan or an infrastructure and humanitarian disaster in Seoul.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think you're right.

Shit is going to kick off sooner or later, we might as well throw the first punch. Double or (apocalypse) the rest of the world will do nothing but pee in their panties a little bit. And no, we would most definitely NOT get our hair mussed. We could flatten them and all we would lose would be Seoul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're right.

Shit is going to kick off sooner or later, we might as well throw the first punch. Double or (apocalypse) the rest of the world will do nothing but pee in their panties a little bit. And no, we would most definitely NOT get our hair mussed. We could flatten them and all we would lose would be Seoul.
If we're willing to use enough force (and do the math to use them in the exact right places), Seoul isn't sacrificed.

The thing is we won't get the job done with just a few nuclear blasts. The most efficient way to do it is to selectively pick which devices and altitudes for each target area, with a goal of maximum localized damaged and minimum collateral damage outside of North Korea.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:23:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No.

Fall out is a controllable effect based on the altitude (relative to ground level) of the device at the time of detonation. To put it simply, blow the bombs up high enough and you don't get significant fallout.

That has to be balanced, of course, with minimizing the potential of the compton effect doing significant infrastructure damage to Seoul.

Bottom line is we'd need to use more devices, blow them higher off the ground, and further from the border, to keep from causing an environmental disaster in Japan or an infrastructure and humanitarian disaster in Seoul.
View Quote
You don't know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

How far will the radioactive fallout extend toward Japan from a W88 detonation at 2200 - 2600 feet height from any point 20km or more from the DMZ?

Or are you referring to the horizon issue? At less than 1 mile air burst, we're not talking about a HEMP issue.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Well he's in Carmel not far from me
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The winds should carry it north east toward china / russia.  Whom says it would be a surface burst though? Air burst that shit, Shouldn't be an issue for those down wind.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can't for the life of me see what Kim hopes to accomplish with all this premature provocation and posturing.  The very best he can hope for is to preserve the status quo, which he would have had anyway if he'd simply STFU.  And at worst he'll end up with a lapful of U.S. conventional, or possibly nuclear weapons.  Surely he's smart enough to realize that there's no happy ending to the course he seems intent on setting for NK's international relations.  
View Quote
That's what puzzels me as well.

He could have just sat this one out. Nobody was going to do shit if he.

He might just believe the NORKS own bullshit and that combined with a deliverable nuke poses a clear threat to the USA.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The winds should carry it north east toward china / russia.  Whom says it would be a surface burst though? Air burst that shit, Shouldn't be an issue for those down wind.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Air burst means we have to use more warheads to get the same job done, but eliminates most of the fallout issue.

Oh well. So we have to fight a "green" nuclear war. Big fucking deal.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Great, just like Iran the U.S. Has paid proection money, played the "sanction" bullshit game with the "international community"

Enough kicking the can down the road.  It's war with North Korea and IMO Nuke Iran as well time.  screw it FO  fo bigly.

I say this as an adult with a near draftable son, money in the market, and who has an aversion to nuclear fallout.  WWIII.  

What do we do today?  Lets take over the world.  And Nuke the Middle East too while we are at it.  Let's make Nazi Germany look like the B Team.  Pull the damn Trigger.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Exactly.

Air burst means we have to use more warheads to get the same job done, but eliminates most of the fallout issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

A Titan II  airburst over Pyongyang would be more than enough to flatten that entire city and fuck up surrounding cities. Millions dead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#19]
... And the rockets red glare,
the nukes bursting in air....

Happy Independence Day!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#21]
So liquid fueled missiles take a while to prepare for launch? They can't just erect the launcher and fire it off? I understand the liquid fueled type can't be stored fueled?  I doubt they even have a warhead miniaturized enough yet but I could be wrong. This will sure move the war time table up
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A Titan II  airburst over Pyongyang would be more than enough to flatten that entire city and fuck up surrounding cities. Millions dead.
View Quote
Aren't the Titan II rockets retired??
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... And the rockets red glare,
the nukes bursting in air....

Happy Independence Day!
View Quote

TPNI
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys do realize the airburst altitude is calculated for effectiveness, not fallout right?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only this, but almost all of our land-based ICBMs were de-MIRVed as a result of our arms reduction agreements with Russia.

Edited for accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You guys do realize the airburst altitude is calculated for effectiveness, not fallout right?
View Quote
Yes, but there is no reason it cannot be calculated to prevent fallout at a cost of effectiveness.

The main sacrifice is giving up some capability against hardened targets and diminished effectiveness per warhead, necessitating the use of more warheads.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#27]
This news brought to you by Bill Clinton and Barak Obama.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#28]
If Kim keeps poking the bear, it won't end well for him.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Short of attacking I don't know what else he can do. He sends something much closer to us and Trump is going to be woken up and asked to select a strike package:

"Mr. President at 15:35 hours Pongyang time we detected a ICBM was launched by North Korea with a trajectory putting it on course with Los Angeles. Flight time is 48 minutes. What are your orders?"
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
stay classy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't we wait until they hit Los Angeles first? PLEEEZE?????
stay classy
Lighten up Francis.   How many times have folks prayed that California would fall into ocean?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably... thanks Obama...  Guess we can fly in a MK-53 instead of launching a Titan II with a W-53 warhead.  9Mt airburst would be more than enough to flatten Pyongyang.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Short of attacking I don't know what else he can do. He sends something much closer to us and Trump is going to be woken up and asked to select a strike package:

"Mr. President at 15:35 hours Pongyang time we detected a ICBM was launched by North Korea with a trajectory putting it on course with Los Angeles. Flight time is 48 minutes. What are your orders?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"That fat little fuck is going to nuke The Estates at Trump National? It's on like donkey kong!"
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
PACOM says they can hit Hawaii & Alaska for sure and potentially Los Angeles in the near future given their current test rate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats the correct hold over for a 230 grain Berger in 300 rum from Ak to NK?
PACOM says they can hit Hawaii & Alaska for sure and potentially Los Angeles in the near future given their current test rate
Los Angeles is going to have to take one for the team.  Not that they are on my team.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#34]
What happens to the price of oil when this goes down?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Probably... thanks Obama...  Guess we can fly in a MK-53 instead of launching a Titan II with a W-53 warhead.  9Mt airburst would be more than enough to flatten Pyongyang.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would be the point of flatting Pyongyang? Or, more directly, why fly in a warhead when we can sub launch a few W-88's and achieve the same goal?

I don't think we can reasonably expect that a monolithic attack on their capital will result in a deescalation of tensions. We need to eliminate their capability to respond, which means going after both their nuclear facilities (and any mobile platforms we track) as well as their conventional units. Keeping our side of the DMZ from being decimated means using dozens or hundreds of smaller warheads on their side.

Draw a line just north of the 39th parallel and another at the DMZ. Overlap air burst blast radii and pound it into the ground. Add on more specific targets of military and political positions north of the 39th.

We don't need to drop a 9 megaton warhead on a city, we need to reach out with a few hundred smaller warheads and brush the opposition off the map as though they were pimp slapped by the hand of an angry god.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This news brought to you by Bill Clinton and Barak Obama.
View Quote
No sir, you're wrong.

This news created by Jimmy Carter.

You all hate Obama, as do I, but the two most effective agents that will bring about the eventual and slow destruction of America are Jimmy Carter (his Iran "deal") and Ted Kennedy (his immigration deal).  May Jimmah Carter soon burn in hell beside Ted Kennedy.  As for Ted Kennedy, turn over son the down side is well done.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is from a missile expert.

That basically includes California.

10,000 km = 6,214 miles

NK to LA = 5,806 miles

Shit, even includes Denver. Pretty much the entire western portion of the United States.
View Quote
Normally, I laugh at the "it's happening" people when it comes to the Norks but with the demonstrated ability to hit mainland U.S. and Trump in office, it just might actually happen.

EDIT: I guess they don't actually have a warhead yet so maybe not.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"I bet lil kim has his scientists working around the clock to get a functional miniaturized WMD on a missile that can hit a US target so he has a real card to play in the event that we make a move against him."

I sure as hell would...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet lil kim has his scientists working around the clock to get a functional miniaturized WMD on a missile that can hit a US target so he has a real card to play in the event that we make a move against him.
The threat of being fed to a pack of dogs would make one put in thier best effort.

Fat boy has bite off more than he can chew. Yes, I know that's a lot.
"I bet lil kim has his scientists working around the clock to get a functional miniaturized WMD on a missile that can hit a US target so he has a real card to play in the event that we make a move against him."

I sure as hell would...
lil Kim makes sense if you look at his point of view on what happened to Khadfi.  Kadfi gave up his nuke program and ended up dead in a ditch withUS support.  Kim is playing nuclear deterence just like the USSR did.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#39]
What's the deal with the '  neutron' (sp) bomb...have not heard that term in ages
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Normally, I laugh at the "it's happening" people when it comes to the Norks but with the demonstrated ability to hit mainland U.S. and Trump in office, it just might actually happen.

EDIT: I guess they don't actually have a warhead yet so maybe not.
View Quote
They have the payload, they just have to finish working on the delivery. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Ost.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Funny thing,

I was posting last year about North Korea and everyone thought the little fat boy was a joke and nothing to worry about...........
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Can't we wait until they hit Los Angeles first? PLEEEZE?????
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I keep checking .mil and .mil affiliated accounts for response but they'll probably wait a few days to make an announcement
View Quote
This probably ruined 4th of July BBQ plans for a few high ranking people in Washington who will now find themselves working today.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Supreme leader is ronery 

https://youtu.be/UEaKX9YYHiQ
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What's the deal with the '  neutron' (sp) bomb...have not heard that term in ages
View Quote
Not entirely sure of the science behind it but it's effectively a "tactical nuke"

Much smaller blast radius and  much higher radiation.

Makes a good EMP if detonated on the horizon too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They plan on exporting rice to the less fortunate countries?

Oh, wait.
View Quote
I think it's cake to the starving American when they run out of birds, and snow for our covfefe
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Written in early June by Jeffery Lewis

Attachment Attached File

What sort of ICBM is North Korea likely to launch? As I have noted elsewhere, most attention has focused on the missile that North Korea has been showing off since 2012, which the United States calls the KN-08. North Korea conducted a test of the KN-08’s engine last year. If the missile works — a fairly big if, to be honest — it would have the range to reach New York.

But there is also the possibility of a surprise. North Korea showed off two different heavy vehicles carrying canisters large enough for an ICBM, sending the clear message that there are multiple ICBMs under development. Other options include an ICBM based on the new engine that powered the Hwasong-12 or a larger solid-fueled ballistic missile. Each of these would be a surprise, in the sense that it represents a capability North Korea has yet to demonstrate. But then again, there is a first time for everything.

North Korea has said that the missile will “soar into the sky with dynamism” — although a first ICBM test is, more likely than not, likely to fail spectacularly. Rocket science is, after all, hard.  But that first test will be a warning, a wake-up call that America’s long-running policy of attempting to scold the North Koreans into disarmament is at an end.

The Rodong Sinmun commentary argued that Washington’s “hostile policy will end … when the DPRK conducts the test-fire of ICBM capable of precisely striking any place of the U.S. mainland.” While I don’t expect Trump’s level of hostility will decline, the phrase “hostile policy” is a North Korean term of art. And the Rodong Sinmun commentary is correct in a specific sense: North Korea’s test of an ICBM will complete the development of a nuclear arsenal with a defined strategic role. It is the final step in building an arsenal that can deter and, to use another term of art, repel an American invasion. If deterrence were to fail, and an invasion were underway, North Korea already plans the widespread use of nuclear weapons against U.S. forces in South Korea and Japan. U.S. officials have repeatedly said that such a threat is not credible: “Perhaps he’s got an enhanced capacity to conduct a nuclear attack” one U.S. official noted, “and then immediately die.” Or, as Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, “We have a lot of firepower, more than [Kim] has, times 20 — but we don’t want to use it.”

Tough talk like that is easy from behind the safety of a smartphone and an ocean. And that is why Kim wants an ICBM — to reach beyond the ocean and hit the hand tweeting out blustery threats.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top