Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/28/2020 9:28:49 AM EDT
NPR this morning tells us that the U.S. needs internment camps mandatory quarantine centers, citing their success in Wuhan (where the people were initially reluctant, but eventually came to appreciate the free health care, despite being hauled out of their home for simply showing a symptom).  And Harvey Feinberg (former head of National Academy of Medicine) assures us that it's simply a free "holiday" (his words) that the states are allowed to do, just like they quarantine tuberculosis patients.  

WTF?!  

I sure hope the Left runs with this narrative, because they'll suffer at the ballot box for a generation.

Link to listen:
https://www.npr.org/programs/morning-edition/

ETA: transcript:
https://www.npr.org/transcripts/846919746
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quarantäne macht frei
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You won't see me dragged out to a van like you saw in China.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Free vacation in the Nevada Desert. Comes with tent comp and 20.00 for the slot machine, plus 2 tickets to the burn pit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Hahahahha

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quarantäne macht frei
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats a hard no and a line in the sand for this guy
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]

ETA:
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Not going
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn’t be surprised if some here would be OK with that as long as it doesn’t affect them and they can get back to work.  There are plenty of people here who advocate that all of the so-called “at risk” people should be forced to stay at home under lockdown while the rest of the country gets back to work.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe not but just imagine what it will do to a bunch of Karen’s? They believe we are a paranoid lot. I’m sure their opinions would change if it happened to them
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#13]
And the doomers and Karen's still think this is just about a virus.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Very bad idea.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I knew this day would come. I look forward to my new concentration camp overlords. While you are in the camps you will be able to get a reeducation as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Democrats gonna Democrat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#19]
If nothing this China virus has at least blown away the idea that Americans are a special freedom loving people who will fight like our forefathers did to preserve their freedom.  

We are a minuscule push away from being Russians in the 20's and 30's.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#20]
But they'll send Trump bux to you for your participation !

As far as "hell no, I won't go" ... they got you to stay home, wear a mask and will tell you what to do next.

Just think about it, all those people that went to VA to protest for
their gun rights gave up their right to assemble PDQ.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me dawg.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Finally, do we get FEMA trains?

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe not but just imagine what it will do to a bunch of Karen’s? They believe we are a paranoid lot. I’m sure their opinions would change if it happened to them
View Quote

They’d all be ok with it as long as it’s their neighbor and not them getting dragged off.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Hard no.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I listened to NPR for a few minutes over the weekend.  For those who are curious, I was travelling on the interstate system, in clear violation of shelter-in-place mandates.

I learned the COVID-19 is particularly troublesome for alphabet-sexuals.  See, some of them have been removed from college campuses and forced to return to their parents home.  There, they may be exposed to their non-preferred gender pronouns, thus increasing their risk of suicide.  They may also be exposed to their non-preferred name, thus increasing their risk of suicide.  They may also not be free to wear the articles of clothing which they prefer to wear, thus increasing their risk of suicide. They may no longer have acess to an inclusive environment which makes them feel isolated while in isolation, thus increasing their risk of suicide.

I also learned that President Donald Trump told people to pro-actively inject themselves with bleach and Lysol to prevent contracting the virus.  Yes, he literally told people to do this.

I also learned that it is better to ride in silence than listen to the only radio station I can pick up in my car.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t be surprised if some here would be OK with that as long as it doesn’t affect them and they can get back to work.  There are plenty of people here who advocate that all of the so-called “at risk” people should be forced to stay at home under lockdown while the rest of the country gets back to work.
View Quote

No one ever said they should be forced to stay home.  They should be allowed to decide for themselves if they want to stay home.  I'll decide for myself if I want to stay home.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never get on the train.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quarantäne macht frei
View Quote

Die erste Antwort ist richtig!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I’m sorry, but I’ll have to decline your offer of a reservation/quarantine camp. I’d rather die with the sun on my face a free man than behind someone else’s fence.

“...Look at me, see if I am poor, or my people either. The whitesstatist thugs may get me at last, as you say, but I will have good times till then.

You are fools to make yourselves slaves to a piece of fat bacon, some hard-tack, and a little sugar and coffee...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Never get on the train.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quarantäne macht frei
View Quote

The government is wise. The government knows what is best...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if some here would be OK with that as long as it doesn't affect them and they can get back to work.  There are plenty of people here who advocate that all of the so-called "at risk" people should be forced to stay at home under lockdown while the rest of the country gets back to work.
View Quote

That has gone both ways. There are plenty of "at risk" people here saying fuck the economy everybody needs to stay home.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Stopped listening to NPR 10+ years ago.  
No more beating on the steering wheel.
No more screaming at the dash board.
No more gritting my teeth with rage.
Amazing how my life and health improved.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#35]
So...someone named Harvey Feinberg is telling me to get on a train?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm guessing there would be high mortality rates at these quarantine centers - well, at least at the ones that made you strip down and shower before you went in.

I guess that's why they were showing mass burials in new york - to gauge the public opinion.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Any timeframe to listen at?

Nevermind, I saw the link on the page.  Nothing surprising.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I sure hope the Left runs with this narrative, because they'll suffer at the ballot box for a generation.

View Quote

I don't think you have been paying attention to what people are really saying about how the lock downs.  You must be living in an echo chamber because more Democrats and half the Republicans love Democrat Governors locking things down and trampling rights "because they are keeping us safe".  In one of the Republican groups I am in I am constantly being chastised for making negative comments about our overreaching Dem Governor.  Fear sells and people are buying, including Republicans.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I learned the COVID-19 is particularly troublesome for alphabet-sexuals.  See, some of them have been removed from college campuses and forced to return to their parents home.  There, they may be exposed to their non-preferred gender pronouns, thus increasing their risk of suicide.
View Quote

First we had to hide in our basements to save great grandma. Now we need to go to the camps to save the HeSheIts from killing themselves?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That would be my hill.    
View Quote

I'm sorry, wat??   I was looking at your avatar.  Again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I listened to NPR for a few minutes over the weekend.  For those who are curious, I was travelling on the interstate system, in clear violation of shelter-in-place mandates.

I learned the COVID-19 is particularly troublesome for alphabet-sexuals.  See, some of them have been removed from college campuses and forced to return to their parents home.  There, they may be exposed to their non-preferred gender pronouns, thus increasing their risk of suicide.  They may also be exposed to their non-preferred name, thus increasing their risk of suicide.  They may also not be free to wear the articles of clothing which they prefer to wear, thus increasing their risk of suicide. They may no longer have acess to an inclusive environment which makes them feel isolated while in isolation, thus increasing their risk of suicide.

I also learned that President Donald Trump told people to pro-actively inject themselves with bleach and Lysol to prevent contracting the virus.  Yes, he literally told people to do this.

I also learned that it is better to ride in silence than listen to the only radio station I can pick up in my car.
View Quote

Nothing to worry about, fellow citizen. Driving in the king's roads is a-okay...

...command, come in command. I'm gonna need backup to apprehend another defiant citizen driving on the interstate
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No one ever said they should be forced to stay home.  They should be allowed to decide for themselves if they want to stay home.  I'll decide for myself if I want to stay home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly....this country used to believe in individual freedom
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quarantäne macht frei
View Quote

Noice
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Boys.....avenge me, AVENGE ME!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Democrats gonna Democrat.
View Quote

Until it actually applies to them.   Then...Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me dawg.
View Quote

Came here to say exactly this lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for the occasional stomping-out of certain free people who lived here first, you are correct.

E Pluribus Unum.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And the doomers and Karen's still think this is just about a virus.  

https://i.imgur.com/qqUhkQUl.png

View Quote

Pretty much what I'm worried about.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not any longer, I'm afraid.  The doomers and Karen's have bought in to the hoax completely.  Those of us who've not are now the problem in their fearful world.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top