Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just adding another good guy to the list.   No need to bash him for having worked on projects with the NRA before.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, how long have you known he was running?
View Quote
A month or so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was just adding another good guy to the list.   No need to bash him for having worked on projects with the NRA before.
View Quote
No sir, you don't get to put that evil on me.  I have asked some good faith questions, with good faith intentions.  If you can't or won't answer them THAT IS ON YOU.

If you believe in your candidate, sell him to me.  I am willing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
No one is bashing him. We have had multiple threads on this election since last years debacle. The main one started the day after we lost. We're just trying to figure out why no one mentioned him before today. The day most of us got our ballots (it seems).
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No sir, you don't get to put that evil on me.  I have asked some good faith questions, with good faith intentions.  If you can't or won't answer them THAT IS ON YOU.

View Quote
Not you babe
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not you babe
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not you babe
If you know him or have contact with him, you should tell him there are people who might be willing to work for him on this website.  If he presents himself people may be willing to circulate a petition for him in the future.

This place is a target rich environment, that is all I am saying.  But I never heard of him before today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A month or so.
View Quote
Do you have access to the NRA lifer forum here? This info would've been good to know then. Magpul is an industry partner here. Maybe he could've joined us for a Q&A or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you have access to the NRA lifer forum here? This info would've been good to know then. Magpul is an industry partner here. Maybe he could've joined us for a Q&A or something like that.
View Quote
Yes I do but ....

a few of the magpul guys used to post here until shit got weird
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes I do but ....

a few of the magpul guys used to post here until shit got weird
View Quote
Must have been before my time. Seems like I missed a lot. I heard Haley and Costa were harassed pretty good here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Must have been before my time. Seems like I missed a lot. I heard Haley and Costa were harassed pretty good here.
View Quote
Yes many more than that and other staples of the shooting community.  Yet we feel members here should be held in high regard since it's the largest shooting website.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes many more than that and other staples of the shooting community.  Yet we feel members here should be held in high regard since it's the largest shooting website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  I feel like if you want elected office representing gun owners and their chose clique, you outta go campaign and ask them for their vote.

There are morons everywhere.  No need to bypass arfcom for that reason.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Magazine with ballot arrived today,,,,

Voted for only Adam Kraut and Timothy Knight.

Shall we keep a tally of votes cast for them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gents,

I’ve posted here quite a bit in the past, but my time has been pretty tight since taking over as EVP, and a lot of the engagement has been handled by my guys in product management lately. We are doing some build out, and I hope to return to more activity here when able. If you want information on where I stand, My full bio, my position statements, my specific issues stances, etc., are all at www.duaneliptakjrnra.com.

I’ve been engaged in lobbying, legislative, election, and judicial efforts to protect rights and fight for the restoration of lost rights regarding firearms freedoms at state and national level for years. The Magpul efforts in CO...I was part of that team. The recall elections, the boulder airlift, the freedom festival, etc. I’ve been to DC regularly for our efforts and I run our K Street efforts, as well as state level initiatives. I can assure you that you have no stronger advocate on this planet for 2A. After the fight in CO, I left a house we had just finished building, pulled my kids out of school, and moved to Texas to keep true to our promise. I excoriated the NRA leadership for the statement on bumpfire stocks after Vegas. I understand the (flawed) thought process that they may may have been thinking at the time, with diverting steam from the ban legislation that stood a good chance of being voted on, but calling for additional restrictions in any way is NEVER the position that the NRA should be in—regardless of the attempt at political maneuvering in play. The legislation momentum could have been killed all the same from a much stronger position.

I’ve indeed been put forward by the nominating committee, I believe mainly because I received some very strong numbers in nominations, and if I wanted to petition, I could have generated the signatures. Nominations go into the committee, and they indeed do some screening, but I think you’ll find that my stances are far from the establishment, and with Pete at the helm, I know that the guidance given to the nominating committee has been different than in the past. Not sure how or why, but I made it through. I’m not arguing, because it doesn’t change where I stand.

I haven’t been on here stumping because SHOT show prep and being here now has taken a lot of time and attention that I would have liked to spend explaining why you should consider voting for me. We’ve put my site and a short video out on social media, but the timing of ballot arrival is difficult for me to campaign properly due to SHOT show. If you have a second to visit my page, please give it a view. If you visit on mobile, the additional pages are accessible from the menu on the top right of the page.

Thanks for your consideration. There are things that need to change within the NRA, and I intend to be part of that effort. The only way for the organization to do its truly best work for us is with an involved membership that holds the board and officers accountable, and it’s encouraging to see such support for those positions.

Duane
View Quote
Wow. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us in what is undoubtedly one of your busiest times of the year. As someone who works 16 plus hours a day, I can understand how hard it is to make time.

That being said, a little notice would've gone a long ways. Some of us have already sealed our envelopes and or sent them out. Since October (I believe) when we found out Tim and Adam were on the ballot, we've been pushing them non stop. Any time we saw an opportunity. I truly wish you the best and hope you're able to get on and help our guys fight the good fight. If you need help next year, feel free to message myself or @Lug1. He's the one who stood up and got the ball rolling this year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you kidding me with that paint job?  Almost like the dazzle effect of WW I.  I can bare see the centre turret.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It does when Marion Hammer, former President of the NRA, current Board Member, and paid $300k plus a year lobbyist says anyone not nominated by the committee is an enemy of the NRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I asked you a question.   @akethan
HellifIknow.  Does it matter?
It does when Marion Hammer, former President of the NRA, current Board Member, and paid $300k plus a year lobbyist says anyone not nominated by the committee is an enemy of the NRA.
This.  Nomination by the Committee (aka Marion Hammer) is a disqualifier for my vote.  But that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gents,

I’ve posted here quite a bit in the past, but my time has been pretty tight since taking over as EVP, and a lot of the engagement has been handled by my guys in product management lately. We are doing some build out, and I hope to return to more activity here when able. If you want information on where I stand, My full bio, my position statements, my specific issues stances, etc., are all at www.duaneliptakjrnra.com.

I’ve been engaged in lobbying, legislative, election, and judicial efforts to protect rights and fight for the restoration of lost rights regarding firearms freedoms at state and national level for years. The Magpul efforts in CO...I was part of that team. The recall elections, the boulder airlift, the freedom festival, etc. I’ve been to DC regularly for our efforts and I run our K Street efforts, as well as state level initiatives. I can assure you that you have no stronger advocate on this planet for 2A. After the fight in CO, I left a house we had just finished building, pulled my kids out of school, and moved to Texas to keep true to our promise. I excoriated the NRA leadership for the statement on bumpfire stocks after Vegas. I understand the (flawed) thought process that they may may have been thinking at the time, with diverting steam from the ban legislation that stood a good chance of being voted on, but calling for additional restrictions in any way is NEVER the position that the NRA should be in—regardless of the attempt at political maneuvering in play. The legislation momentum could have been killed all the same from a much stronger position.

I’ve indeed been put forward by the nominating committee, I believe mainly because I received some very strong numbers in nominations, and if I wanted to petition, I could have generated the signatures. Nominations go into the committee, and they indeed do some screening, but I think you’ll find that my stances are far from the establishment, and with Pete at the helm, I know that the guidance given to the nominating committee has been different than in the past. Not sure how or why, but I made it through. I’m not arguing, because it doesn’t change where I stand.

I haven’t been on here stumping because SHOT show prep and being here now has taken a lot of time and attention that I would have liked to spend explaining why you should consider voting for me. We’ve put my site and a short video out on social media, but the timing of ballot arrival is difficult for me to campaign properly due to SHOT show. If you have a second to visit my page, please give it a view. If you visit on mobile, the additional pages are accessible from the menu on the top right of the page.

Thanks for your consideration. There are things that need to change within the NRA, and I intend to be part of that effort. The only way for the organization to do its truly best work for us is with an involved membership that holds the board and officers accountable, and it’s encouraging to see such support for those positions.

Duane
View Quote
Hi Duane Thanks for your input. I received my ballot in the mail today and I have not voted yet. A few questions i would like to ask you. How do you feel about the NFA and the 1986 Hughes amendment ban on new machine guns? Would you push the NRA to push congress to repeal the NFA?  These questions are very important to me as an NRA member
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I really appreciate Duane reaching out and posting here. I respect and like what he's done and his positions as stated here.

My ballot has not arrived yet. I am still concerned about casting votes for candidates that are a virtual lock to win anyway and diluting our underdogs' numbers.

Maybe my concern is overblown. Maybe not. I just want people on the board who are personally and sincerely passionate about not just defeating new gun grab attempts, but also about rolling back what's already on the books and restoring our 2nd Amendment to its true intent and it's rightful place in Americans' lives, right alongside the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. These are our sacred and natural rights.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gents,

I've posted here quite a bit in the past, but my time has been pretty tight since taking over as EVP, and a lot of the engagement has been handled by my guys in product management lately. We are doing some build out, and I hope to return to more activity here when able. If you want information on where I stand, My full bio, my position statements, my specific issues stances, etc., are all at www.duaneliptakjrnra.com.

I've been engaged in lobbying, legislative, election, and judicial efforts to protect rights and fight for the restoration of lost rights regarding firearms freedoms at state and national level for years. The Magpul efforts in CO...I was part of that team. The recall elections, the boulder airlift, the freedom festival, etc. I've been to DC regularly for our efforts and I run our K Street efforts, as well as state level initiatives. I can assure you that you have no stronger advocate on this planet for 2A. After the fight in CO, I left a house we had just finished building, pulled my kids out of school, and moved to Texas to keep true to our promise. I excoriated the NRA leadership for the statement on bumpfire stocks after Vegas. I understand the (flawed) thought process that they may may have been thinking at the time, with diverting steam from the ban legislation that stood a good chance of being voted on, but calling for additional restrictions in any way is NEVER the position that the NRA should be inregardless of the attempt at political maneuvering in play. The legislation momentum could have been killed all the same from a much stronger position.

I've indeed been put forward by the nominating committee, I believe mainly because I received some very strong numbers in nominations, and if I wanted to petition, I could have generated the signatures. Nominations go into the committee, and they indeed do some screening, but I think you'll find that my stances are far from the establishment, and with Pete at the helm, I know that the guidance given to the nominating committee has been different than in the past. Not sure how or why, but I made it through. I'm not arguing, because it doesn't change where I stand.

I haven't been on here stumping because SHOT show prep and being here now has taken a lot of time and attention that I would have liked to spend explaining why you should consider voting for me. We've put my site and a short video out on social media, but the timing of ballot arrival is difficult for me to campaign properly due to SHOT show. If you have a second to visit my page, please give it a view. If you visit on mobile, the additional pages are accessible from the menu on the top right of the page.

Thanks for your consideration. There are things that need to change within the NRA, and I intend to be part of that effort. The only way for the organization to do its truly best work for us is with an involved membership that holds the board and officers accountable, and it's encouraging to see such support for those positions.

Duane
View Quote
Mr. Liptak, my ballot is already in the mail and off to NRA.

If you would have reached out here prior I would have voted for you. The issue is I personally did not see any campaigning for you. Just one article on ammoland between last year and yesterday. Nothing on TTAG, nothing on YouTube, nothing on Arfcom, etc....

Good luck sir and I hope you do well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Gents,

I've posted here quite a bit in the past, but my time has been pretty tight since taking over as EVP, and a lot of the engagement has been handled by my guys in product management lately. We are doing some build out, and I hope to return to more activity here when able. If you want information on where I stand, My full bio, my position statements, my specific issues stances, etc., are all at www.duaneliptakjrnra.com.

I've been engaged in lobbying, legislative, election, and judicial efforts to protect rights and fight for the restoration of lost rights regarding firearms freedoms at state and national level for years. The Magpul efforts in CO...I was part of that team. The recall elections, the boulder airlift, the freedom festival, etc. I've been to DC regularly for our efforts and I run our K Street efforts, as well as state level initiatives. I can assure you that you have no stronger advocate on this planet for 2A. After the fight in CO, I left a house we had just finished building, pulled my kids out of school, and moved to Texas to keep true to our promise. I excoriated the NRA leadership for the statement on bumpfire stocks after Vegas. I understand the (flawed) thought process that they may may have been thinking at the time, with diverting steam from the ban legislation that stood a good chance of being voted on, but calling for additional restrictions in any way is NEVER the position that the NRA should be inregardless of the attempt at political maneuvering in play. The legislation momentum could have been killed all the same from a much stronger position.

I've indeed been put forward by the nominating committee, I believe mainly because I received some very strong numbers in nominations, and if I wanted to petition, I could have generated the signatures. Nominations go into the committee, and they indeed do some screening, but I think you'll find that my stances are far from the establishment, and with Pete at the helm, I know that the guidance given to the nominating committee has been different than in the past. Not sure how or why, but I made it through. I'm not arguing, because it doesn't change where I stand.

I haven't been on here stumping because SHOT show prep and being here now has taken a lot of time and attention that I would have liked to spend explaining why you should consider voting for me. We've put my site and a short video out on social media, but the timing of ballot arrival is difficult for me to campaign properly due to SHOT show. If you have a second to visit my page, please give it a view. If you visit on mobile, the additional pages are accessible from the menu on the top right of the page.

Thanks for your consideration. There are things that need to change within the NRA, and I intend to be part of that effort. The only way for the organization to do its truly best work for us is with an involved membership that holds the board and officers accountable, and it's encouraging to see such support for those positions.

Duane
View Quote
Thank you for posting.

I hope you see this as constructive as it is meant to be.  First of all I am nobody, good luck with your run.
When I look at those running I tend to ask myself how bad do they want it, as in how much effort was expended to get there.  Tim Knight was both nominated and ran by petition, the grass roots effort.(edited to add if you had run by petition your timing of presence here would not have interfered with SHOT, we would have already known about you)  If I had known who you were I gladly have circulated a petition for you based on your web page platform, that I read for the first time last night.  Petition aside, nominating committee nominated you, smoke em if you got em I suppose.

But again I read your platform for the first time last night.  Had I only have known who you were before I sealed up mine, my son's, and my wife's ballots and dropped them in the mailbox.  This is quite the target rich environment.  There is also some signal to noise, but there is an NRA lifer forum that requires NRA life membership.  So if you do not like the derp of general discussion you could offer discussion in there for the future.

I wish I had heard of you earlier so we all could have gotten more familiar with you in time for voting.  I am very concerned about the direction of the NRA.  I will maintain a bullet voting stance.  If you find yourself in the position of having to run again next year, holler at us.  Let's get to know each other and maybe we can assist you in the fashion we have assisted Tim Knight and Adam Kraut.....and for that matter Sean Maloney and Stephen Stamboulieh.

I don't know if we have the numbers to full on be responsible for getting somebody elected.  But we have the number TO MATTER.

@SPQR-476

ETA: Just thought of a question, with your busy schedule how do you predict your attendance for board meetings?  Will you have time for 100% attendance?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gents,

I already make time to attend the committee meetings, so attendance is not an issue. I've taken a vested interest in seeing for myself what is actually going on, so I can be more informed about the positions I hold with regard to the efforts and effectiveness of the NRA. It's truly our best chance to have an effect, and involved membership is how we can move the needle in the right direction. I am occasionally in DC for lobbying efforts anyway, and regardless of schedule, the NRA has the capability to positively affect the very direction of our nation...so it's very much worth my time.

I was remiss in sharing my materials with the Avilas...and with everything going on, we are definitely late in getting the website up and functional. Best laid plans often meet up with challenges and it's been a busy fall,  but I've got some strong grass roots support, some military channels that have been working for me, and if you haven't voted yet, I'd appreciate your consideration. I hope to be working for you on the board this year.

If you look at my platform pages, you'll see that NFA issues are very much on my agenda, as is reciprocity(preferably without vague and dangerous language in fix NICS), and taking back or expanding rights in pretty much every area. I'm quite libertarian in my 2A views. I've also been around the political block enough to understand some of the strategies we can use to get some ground back on these items even in the face of the very tight senate balance. I will work with the NRA pushing these issues on way or the other (I'm sure I'm enough of a thorn already) but with a vote on the board, I can also have more of a chance to make sure that OUR issues are prioritized appropriately internally.
View Quote
Check you IM
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#24]
morning bump

@crzapy   read the OP here.  Bullet voting means something.  Vote for who you feel convicted to vote for and only them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Will go out in tomorrow's mail...

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Will go out in tomorrow's mail...

https://i.imgur.com/yLcbsbRl.jpg
View Quote
post here for fun  vote against OP

Ballot pic thread
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]
In!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Gents,

Duane
View Quote
And then there were 3...  thanks for posting. I'll add you to my vote.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I first got my ballot today and I voted for Adam and Tim but I also added a 3rd vote for Duane as well.
So for whatever it may be worth I'm glad it took a little longer for my mag to arrive way out here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my ballot today. Adam, Tim, and Duane.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know either candidate personally but Adam Kraut has been talked about here A LOT. He seems like a stand-up guy that will work very hard for us.

If ARFCOM supports Timothy Knight, that's good enough for me.

Good luck guys
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't know either candidate personally but Adam Kraut has been talked about here A LOT. He seems like a stand-up guy that will work very hard for us.

Good luck guys
View Quote
I have personally  spoken with Timothy Knight when he came out to NJ to support us  in holding the line.

Please vote for him!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have personally  spoken with Timothy Knight when he came out to NJ to support us  in holding the line.

Please vote for him!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck guys

Please vote for him!!!
A little research goes a long way.  Tim is the real deal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got my ballot, filled out and ready to mail back tomorrow. Hopefully we can make some changes for the better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Got my ballot today and ill mail it out in the morning.

Ill post and vote in OP's pic thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Bump....

Duane, thanks for posting...ballot complete... going out today.

Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Bumping
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Daily bump with a ballot pic!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Done and a bump.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I just noticed the "Dean Cain".  Is that superman actor?  WTF is another actor doing on the board elections?    
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#45]
End of the month bump
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#46]
And there were three.  Duane, thanks for making some time to post.  Good luck to you, Tim and Adam
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I just noticed the "Dean Cain".  Is that superman actor?  WTF is another actor doing on the board elections?    
View Quote
Really, How about Susan Howard, and Tom Selleck. Both are actors and on the BoD of the NRA
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Really, How about Susan Howard, and Tom Selleck. Both are actors and on the BoD of the NRA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Susan Howard is 6/8 in board meeting attendance.

Magnum is 0-fer....These people who don't show up don't need to be reelected.  Period.

But your vote belongs to you.

I personally have little faith in any of the celebrities new or old showing up to meetings.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't have any faith in celebrities on the BoD. Period. To me they are window dressing for the NRA ruling elite.

Nugent doesn't belong on either. But these people get reelected every time they come up for election.

And I voted for the 3 we are supporting with my ballot being posted above. Follow my avatar in the previous posts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Evening bump
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top