User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn phone

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
"Mayor Michael Bloomberg has previously said the expiration of the ban has allowed weapons of war back onto the streets."

Fuck Bloomberg with a flaming stick.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA: I'm in the Ohio National Guard, If we get the order I am refusing it.

Enjoy Leavenworth. I understand they allow trustees to work road details in the summer.

Order is unlawful; I have refused an unlawful order and never seen Leavenworth.

So have I and I was in the .mil at he time. I refused it from my squadron commander and offered to go get the jag.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't you guys saw the movie where Gothams best took on Bains henchmen with glocks?

There is no way anyone can match that kind of firepower.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You certainly wouldn't confiscate mine.  You ain't got balls enough.

I think Randy Weaver said something to that effect back in '92... Just sayin'

John

You seem proud of that. Why?

What in that sentence emphasized proud?  I think it's a black mark on the reputation of federal law enforcement.

I could have replaced Weaver with a dozen other names.  bin Laden, Escobar, Capone, esc.  I chose Weaver because in the end, it wasn't he would paid the ultimate price.  I wonder if you asked him today which he'd rather have this Christmas Eve, his wife and son or his Mini 14, which he'd say...?

John

I think you're just talking shit here...... apparently, you are not familiar with the Weaver story.  Comparing him to those you listed is nuts and it had nothing to with his Mini 14.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

Can they give my mom $10 when they confiscate her bible?  Give my black friend $50 when before they tell him he can't vote?  What the fucking fuck man!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
What's fucked up is they're acting like there'd be no grandfather clause.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

What in that sentence emphasized proud?  I think it's a black mark on the reputation of federal law enforcement.

I could have replaced Weaver with a dozen other names.  bin Laden, Escobar, Capone, esc.  I chose Weaver because in the end, it wasn't he would paid the ultimate price.  I wonder if you asked him today which he'd rather have this Christmas Eve, his wife and son or his Mini 14, which he'd say...?

John

I think you're just talking shit here...... apparently, you are not familiar with the Weaver story.  Comparing him to those you listed is nuts and it had nothing to with his Mini 14.

Whichever side or story you know or believe, at the end of the day, if they want you, they will get you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

Nobody wins.How many lawmen were carried off that hill.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It scares be, but the way this country is going, it's almost like they are using Unintended Consequences as a script.

Reminds me more of this...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, when we started to allow the government to seize things and then gain them through forfeiture we basically turned them into theives so it shouldn't be too shocking when they question whether they'll get to seize our property.

Hell, we live in an era where the government can take your land, give you what they determine it to be worth, force you off it at gun point, and then give it to someone else just so they can collect more taxes.

Welcome to America. Land of the free and home of the brave.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

Nobody wins.How many lawmen were carried off that hill.

John

Only a fool would believe that he has more to lose than those who fought and died to give independence to this nation.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea alot of them will come down with terminal case of lead poisoning

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Isn't advocating cop killing on this board a permaban offense?

And your username is what exactly???

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think discussing possible reactions to a hypothetical future law, where the Constitution is shredded, is a perma-ban offense.  Maybe I misunderstand the COC though...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Lethal injection, wife made penniless, and our children shamed huh?

Seems like I remember reading somewhere about these men who had this notion of liberty and God given rights pledging their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred Honor to declare themselves free from tyranny.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm surprised Kelly could keep Bloombergs dick out of his mouth long enough to make statement.

He's gotta come up for air everynow and then.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

Whichever side or story you know or believe, at the end of the day, if they want you, they will get you.

They went after Randy Weaver because he was a white seperatist who refused to be an informant on the Aryan Nation or whatever group of assholes lived in the area.  Not because he owned a Mini-14.

There are 3.5 million AR15s in America, and who knows how many millions of very serious men and women who own rifles considered "assault rifles".  Comparing the federal government's ability to corner one fruitcake on a mountain, to their ability to control millions of very sane, very serious people is just silly.  It's like saying the Fairbanks, Alaska dog-catcher, can control the entire wolf population of Alaska.

If we, in our millions, allow the federal government to go after us one at a time, we don't deserve liberty.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
That would be treasonous.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

And your SN is "anarchyRd"? Holy shit.

"dave_b" might be available.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

You have already lost....

You are probably right. My daddy raised me better, so I should know..

However I don't think I can fire on an American doing his job any more than I expect an American soldier to fire on citizens over this, regardless of what Washington does. Plus I am confident it won't come to this.

<COC VIOLATION>
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

Weaver was naive and short sighted. He should have been forcing his pursuers to choose between the lives of their families and their jobs, not allowing himself to fall into the trap that is the "defend the alamo" line of thought. Having said that your premise doesnt reflect well upon you. A mini-14 wasnt the purpose of resistance, liberty was; liberty that extends well beyond the RKBA that became the focal point.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

-Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free

He might want to capitalize it:

Dave_B?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

They went after Randy Weaver because he was a white seperatist who refused to be an informant on the Aryan Nation or whatever group of assholes lived in the area.  Not because he owned a Mini-14.

There are 3.5 million AR15s in America, and who knows how many millions of very serious men and women who own rifles considered "assault rifles".  Comparing the federal government's ability to corner one fruitcake on a mountain, to their ability to control millions of very sane, very serious people is just silly.  It's like saying the Fairbanks, Alaska dog-catcher, can control the entire wolf population of Alaska.

If we, in our millions, allow the federal government to go after us one at a time, we don't deserve liberty.

You are half right. The complaint was a shotgun that was 1/4" too short, that an undercover agent paid him to cut.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I really hope we are a long way from needing to fight for our rights.If the shit does hit the fan over this,I hope we have many men like FreeFallE7 on this site that will help. For those that would ban him you might want to check he is not only a Ranger but He trains Rangers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over a what?

Jeez, where do you guys keep coming from?

Oh. I'm sorry. Is it a religion for you or something? Did JMB take a stroll on the water one day, then make the 1911?

NVM saw that Aimless took out the trash.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It scares be, but the way this country is going, it's almost like they are using Unintended Consequences as a script.

Reminds me more of this...
http://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/efad-cover3.jpg

It is really a mix of both.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

You are half right. The complaint was a shotgun that was 1/4" too short, that an undercover agent paid him to cut.

The weapon at the center of the Ruby Ridge Incident is a red herring.  The point is a warrant was put out in his name when he didn't show up for court and his wife, son and dog were killed as an unfortunate result.

Those who say that the system doesn't have the balls to come after their guns is either naive or full of crap.  If they want you, they will get you, just not because of your AR15.

And by the way, this is all just Internet chest beating.  As much as GD loves to believe the guv'mint is out to confiscate their guns, it's not going to happen.

I'm actually surprised this is the first confiscation thread in a month or so.

John
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Trolling DU is a hobby.  My rights as an American aren't a fucking, hobby.

Go back to whatever lefty propaganda site you came from.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

And the purpose of that shenanigans was to provide leverage to FORCE him to be an informant.  It was all part of da Man's bullshit game, and Weaver utterly refused to play.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Any politician advocating the confiscation of "weapons of war" clearly has not thought the implications of that all the way through.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

It isn't a hobby.  It is a basic right.  

Going door to door confiscating weapons, regardless of what obviously, blatantly, unconstitutional law was passed (in this case, being both wrong on 2A and ex post facto grounds) makes you a domestic enemy to the Constitution.

Advocating the violent refusal to give up your weapons in a door to door confiscation isn't advocating "cop killing."  Anyone who participated in such an action has willfully given up their protected status in such a hypothetical scenario, regardless of what badge they carry or uniform they wear.

Such law would not violate ex post facto.

Quite a few here do not understand what that means.

They can of course make something illegal that is legal today and require it turned in...

Ex post facto means they cannot make it a crime that you possessed it legally yesterday...

Of course the laws discussed here still violate the 2nd amendment..
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The weapon at the center of the Ruby Ridge Incident is a red herring.  The point is a warrant was put out in his name when he didn't show up for court and his wife, son and dog were killed as an unfortunate result.

Those who say that the system doesn't have the balls to come after their guns is either naive or full of crap.  If they want you, they will get you, just not because of your AR15.

And by the way, this is all just Internet chest beating.  As much as GD loves to believe the guv'mint is out to confiscate their guns, it's not going to happen.

I'm actually surprised this is the first confiscation thread in a month or so.

John

I don't think it's going to happen either, because they just don't have the votes in Congress.  Regardless, you're internet chest beating on behalf of federal law enforcement, as if it is made up of jack-booted super-human robots, not the generally incompetent bureaucrats and half-assed cops that make up the BATF.

With incidents like Ruby Ridge or Waco, I'm sure the federal agents involved were able to convince themselves they were doing the right thing against bad people (evil white seperatists, crazy child molesting religious nuts, etc., etc.).  I think it would be a little more difficult for them to convince themselves they are doing the right thing, kicking down the doors of Joe the Accountant, Bill the Engineer and Mary the Nurse, that never did more than get a speeding ticket, before they refused to comply with an unconstitutional law.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Great way for some NYPD to end up in pine boxes fucking Bloomberg needs to head the raids but that's just me

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Little known fact is that most counties and cities can't hold the criminals they have now in their jails and each year fewer and fewer prisons can hold the prisoners they have. Court appointed attorneys and the cost of prosecution can't always be covered by the convicted and are eaten by the tax payers.

We have the highest prison population per capita on earth.  It is to the point where local jails here are forced to come up with creative reasons and ways to release people earlier than their sentences.  Hell, with the right enrollment in various in jail programs here a jail inmate can be out in less than half the time he was sentenced to.  Prisons are basically the same way having to release people simply, because they have no choice.  

Incarceration is extremely expensive. We're talking billions of dollars for a state each year to run its state department of corrections. Hell, most states now spend more money on prisons than they do on education.  No joke. You will not see it reported in the papers, but it's true. The so called "drug war" has pushed our correctional institutions to the breaking point and one has to wonder what the new "war on guns" will cost us all?

The war on drugs has caused harmed our 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th, and 14th amendments. What will the war on guns cost us to our liberties for it to be enforced? The war on drugs brought us "no-knock warrants," but what will the war on guns bring us? Shoot on sight?  Welll, we saw that with Ruby Ridge didn't we?  So, it's not such an absurd statement really.  

We as a nation are allowing self-serving politcians to use a horrible tragedy to manipulate us into making a BIG mistake.    These Senators like Dianne Feinstein didn't suddenly come to the realization that a ban on assault weapons should be passed. No, these politicians have been waiting for an opportunity to do this and they're using this tragedy to achieve their political ends. Rather than have a conversation about the Second Amendment in a rational and open way they're using emotion and passion created by a tragedy to steamroll it through.

God help us all.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have already lost....

You are probably right. My daddy raised me better, so I should know..

However I don't think I can fire on an American doing his job

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Yes it is.......and the usual fucking douchebags are advocating it.

No, they're not. Presumably, nobody who took an oath to the Constitution would involve himself in confiscation of firearms. There are - presumably - no such cops. So any talk about fighting them is pure speculation, hypothesis, and/or fantasy, like talking about confiscation by sasquatches or bigfoots. And anyway, where is the douchebaggery in discussing violence against against any critter engaged in seizing firearms from citizens?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]
It's there a thread about posts on ARFCOM being quoted in a major newspaper?  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's there a thread about posts on ARFCOM being quoted in a major newspaper?  Just sayin'.

What are you saying? Don't tip toe around.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sure, but to ignore such a possible consequence is to ignore reality.

Fuck the media, that's what they've been doing for years - ignoring reality..
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sayin' that it is one thing to put on a public forum that you disagree strongly with proposed legislation and enforcement action.  It's even okay to say it is fucking retarded, which it is, and against the intent of the Founders of this nation, which it is.

It is another thing to post on that message board, which is monitored by an agenda driven media that is not on our side, comments that can be easily manipulated to sound like threats of violence to frighten the masses.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sayin' that it is one thing to put on a public forum that you disagree strongly with proposed legislation and enforcement action.  It's even okay to say it is fucking retarded, which it is, and against the intent of the Founders of this nation, which it is.

It is another thing to post on that message board, which is monitored by an agenda driven media that is not on our side, comments that can be easily manipulated to sound like threats of violence to frighten the masses.

Perhaps our SERVANTS need to understand that this is an issue that we will not bend on. Seems to me that politicians have forgotten they are our servants.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Armed confiscation is an act of violence.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Never, not a single one.  Totally unconstitutional.

In NY the reaction will be "you don't need those anyways, sure wish my department issued rifle plates"  

there was an article in the Ny hometown forum today that someone was arrested for carrying outside the restrictions (hunting only) on his permit. No way is that a penal law violation, he still got arrested. A couple of months ago a guy got arrested for having an illegal suppressor when what he really had was one of those .22lr hk clones with the fake suppressor, still got arrested. Kid in Rochester got arrested for having 'illegal assault weapons' even though they were legal post ban guns, the DA agreed to let the grand jury toss it basically but the kid still got arrested and hired a top flight Rochester criminal defense guy which I would guess was a $ 50k plus payment his parents made.

I foresee almost no NY police officers giving up their pensions and .gov jobs over principle, lose their houses and go live in an apartment and make a living as a security guard or swinging a hammer (if they can find work). There are certainly exceptions, but the overriding attitude here will be "you never needed one of those and better just give them up or else"

I'm guessing this kid was in city limits. ARs and AKs are no go in Rochacha.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, maybe if it sounds ominous enough, it will deter the entire concept before they send the first group out to knock on doors.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, maybe if it sounds ominous enough, it will deter the entire concept before they send the first group out to knock on doors.

Scaring soccer-moms is not how you are going to generate popular support on this issue.  Scared soccer moms turn to government to "do something".
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Armed confiscation is an act of violence.

Yes it is.  And I will not be participating.  But I would rather win the popular debate, and avoid the issue entirely.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps our SERVANTS need to understand that this is an issue that we will not bend on. Seems to me that politicians have forgotten they are our servants.

That happened a long time ago.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top