Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea alot of them will come down with terminal case of lead poisoning

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Isn't advocating cop killing on this board a permaban offense?

This country was born of armed resistance to weapons confiscation.

Seems people forget that little part of our history and now we are doomed to repeat it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This entire argument is a moot point. The justice department has sued several states for trying to enfore imigration laws, stating states have no right to enforce as it's a federal law.

Any ban would be federal, therefore the states have no right to enforce.

I'm sure i misspelled a bunch of shit but im feeling no pain tanks to 15mg of vicodin 30 minutes ago, so fuck it.

Odds are far more likely that their will be bans in states long before on the federal level.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You certainly wouldn't confiscate mine.  You ain't got balls enough.

I think Randy Weaver said something to that effect back in '92... Just sayin'

John

You seem proud of that. Why?

What in that sentence emphasized proud?  I think it's a black mark on the reputation of federal law enforcement.

I could have replaced Weaver with a dozen other names.  bin Laden, Escobar, Capone, esc.  I chose Weaver because in the end, it wasn't he would paid the ultimate price.  I wonder if you asked him today which he'd rather have this Christmas Eve, his wife and son or his Mini 14, which he'd say...?

John

I think you're just talking shit here...... apparently, you are not familiar with the Weaver story.  Comparing him to those you listed is nuts and it had nothing to with his Mini 14.

Whichever side or story you know or believe, at the end of the day, if they want you, they will get you.

His mistake was holing up in one spot thinking it would save him. There was a guy about 5 years ago who killed some cops and spent the next 6 months on the run, he killed and shot a few more cops but was never caught. Eventually he just turned himself in because he was tired of running despite a massive manhunt for him the whole time. He was just a shitbag criminal, imagine what someone with some brains could do?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Never, not a single one.  Totally unconstitutional.

In NY the reaction will be "you don't need those anyways, sure wish my department issued rifle plates"  

there was an article in the Ny hometown forum today that someone was arrested for carrying outside the restrictions (hunting only) on his permit. No way is that a penal law violation, he still got arrested. A couple of months ago a guy got arrested for having an illegal suppressor when what he really had was one of those .22lr hk clones with the fake suppressor, still got arrested. Kid in Rochester got arrested for having 'illegal assault weapons' even though they were legal post ban guns, the DA agreed to let the grand jury toss it basically but the kid still got arrested and hired a top flight Rochester criminal defense guy which I would guess was a $ 50k plus payment his parents made.

I foresee almost no NY police officers giving up their pensions and .gov jobs over principle, lose their houses and go live in an apartment and make a living as a security guard or swinging a hammer (if they can find work). There are certainly exceptions, but the overriding attitude here will be "you never needed one of those and better just give them up or else"

I'm guessing this kid was in city limits. ARs and AKs are no go in Rochacha.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the RIT kid busted with an AR,, that was outside the city.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In NY the reaction will be "you don't need those anyways, sure wish my department issued rifle plates"  

there was an article in the Ny hometown forum today that someone was arrested for carrying outside the restrictions (hunting only) on his permit. No way is that a penal law violation, he still got arrested. A couple of months ago a guy got arrested for having an illegal suppressor when what he really had was one of those .22lr hk clones with the fake suppressor, still got arrested. Kid in Rochester got arrested for having 'illegal assault weapons' even though they were legal post ban guns, the DA agreed to let the grand jury toss it basically but the kid still got arrested and hired a top flight Rochester criminal defense guy which I would guess was a $ 50k plus payment his parents made.

I foresee almost no NY police officers giving up their pensions and .gov jobs over principle, lose their houses and go live in an apartment and make a living as a security guard or swinging a hammer (if they can find work). There are certainly exceptions, but the overriding attitude here will be "you never needed one of those and better just give them up or else"

That is sad...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If its "legal" to ban certain types of firearms its equally as "legal" to confiscate them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
If confiscation were to become a reality, the events that would unfold would tear this country apart. To suggest otherwise is pure fantasy.

and with that said...

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

What in that sentence emphasized proud?  I think it's a black mark on the reputation of federal law enforcement.

I could have replaced Weaver with a dozen other names.  bin Laden, Escobar, Capone, esc.  I chose Weaver because in the end, it wasn't he would paid the ultimate price.  I wonder if you asked him today which he'd rather have this Christmas Eve, his wife and son or his Mini 14, which he'd say...?

John

I think you're just talking shit here...... apparently, you are not familiar with the Weaver story.  Comparing him to those you listed is nuts and it had nothing to with his Mini 14.

Whichever side or story you know or believe, at the end of the day, if they want you, they will get you.

His mistake was holing up in one spot thinking it would save him. There was a guy about 5 years ago who killed some cops and spent the next 6 months on the run, he killed and shot a few more cops but was never caught. Eventually he just turned himself in because he was tired of running despite a massive manhunt for him the whole time. He was just a shitbag criminal, imagine what someone with some brains could do?

We don't have to worry about that in GD.

John
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Just an idle observation, but if you are "Glocked", wouldn't that mean you are only "half-cocked"?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I foresee almost no NY police officers giving up their pensions and .gov jobs over principle, lose their houses and go live in an apartment and make a living as a security guard or swinging a hammer (if they can find work)

This

Quoted:
Ha. Good luck with that.

NYPD goes around now confiscating guns from permit holders who've let their permits lapse.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I suppose I'll be another cynical quote poster, but yeah.  The flip side is just as true.

Many police officers, sheriff's deputies, etc. will also conform out of a group/cultural feeling that they are sworn to enforce the law with their personal feelings being secondary.  This is in addition to the financial implications of refusal laid out by Aimless.

On the other hand, most citizens will almost certainly hand them over because they will fear imprisonment and the subsequent loss of property/money/freedom.  A sort of symbiosis between the two would result and pretty widespread compliance would be the norm.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I foresee almost no NY police officers giving up their pensions and .gov jobs over principle, lose their houses and go live in an apartment and make a living as a security guard or swinging a hammer (if they can find work)

This

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What's fucked up is they're acting like there'd be no grandfather clause.

Always Think Forfeiture
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

Nobody wins.How many lawmen were carried off that hill.

Not to mention how much money was paid out by the .gov to the Weaver family

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Many police officers, sheriff's deputies, etc. will also conform out of a group/cultural feeling that they are sworn to enforce the law with their personal feelings being secondary.

I've never met a cop in my life who fit that description.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

You, must be a want a be Texan from up North.  True Texan would never give up his guns.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Quoted:
Ha. Good luck with that.

NYPD goes around now confiscating guns from permit holders who've let their permits lapse.

I guess it's hard to compare NYC (or LA, etc., etc.) with most of America.  I guess in that world, it makes perfect sense for the king's subjects to willingly hand over their firearms, after their licenses to exercise what they consider a "privelege" has expired.

Here in the flyover states (except for Illinois), we can't even comprehend that shit.  It's hard to believe we live in the same country.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

You, must be a want a be Texan from up North.  True Texan would never give up his guns.
No, true Texans just give up their state to illegals from Mexico.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO, MI AMIGOS!

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#19]

don't think this will happen nationally - but nys is another matter.  if prince andy tells me register my semi's (which would be step. 1).  it's roughly a 10 hour drive to my sister's house in OH.  i'll either give my rifles away to relatives in free america or get them to hold onto them until i can move out.  either way i will not comply.  FUCK PRINCE ANDY, FUCK BLOOMTURD, FUCK RAY KELLY, FUCK ALL THE STUPID LEFT LEANING SUBURBAN SOCCER MOMS, FUCK THE NYSP, FUCK ALL MANHATTANITES, FUCK THE HORDES OF FOREIGNERS.  FUCK THEM ALL..... </rant>
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA: I'm in the Ohio National Guard, If we get the order I am refusing it.

Enjoy Leavenworth. I understand they allow trustees to work road details in the summer.

Ever hear of unlawful orders?
I booted him

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Seems people forget that little part of our history and now we are doomed to repeat it.

He also called it a Hobby....
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

It's called, Flushing The Toilet.  

-Stinks a lot just sitting there, but hold your nose, get over a few seconds of horrible stuff, and now everything's clean.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/headshot.gif

Yes, we do remember, and the reason why we fought.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

don't think this will happen nationally - but nys is another matter.  if prince andy tells me register my semi's (which would be step. 1).  it's roughly a 10 hour drive to my sister's house in OH.  i'll either give my rifles away to relatives in free america or get them to hold onto them until i can move out.  either way i will not comply.  FUCK PRINCE ANDY, FUCK BLOOMTURD, FUCK RAY KELLY, FUCK ALL THE STUPID LEFT LEANING SUBURBAN SOCCER MOMS, FUCK THE NYSP, FUCK ALL MANHATTANITES, FUCK THE HORDES OF FOREIGNERS.  FUCK THEM ALL..... </rant>

Just stay in Ohio.  It isn't perfect, with our bought and paid for UAW Free Shit Army Storm Troopers, but we're pretty gun friendly.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why aren't you fighting now? You guys seem to "remember" really well. However, the "fighting" part? Not so much.

What's the phrase... "All hat and no cattle?"
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Banning or confiscting entire types of commonly used guns......what did the Heller decision say again?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm not NYPD, but I wouldnt follow that order.
Not Constitutional.
And I'm not getting killed to fulfill Bloomberg's wildest, wettest dream.

Yep.

Go right ahead commissioner Kelly. Take Bloomberg for some backup.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why aren't you fighting now? You guys seem to "remember" really well. However, the "fighting" part? Not so much.

What's the phrase... "All hat and no cattle?"

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting"
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. Remember, it's the Feds who stomp on the states' efforts to enforce laws against illegal immigrants.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not really. Remember, it's the Feds who stomp on the states' efforts to enforce laws against illegal immigrants.

I wouldn't blame the fed entirely when they have towns that adopt Spanish as their official language.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have a difficult time sympathizing with the officers who agreed such actions.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#33]

The best pension in the world isn't going to do you much good if you knock on the wrong door and say you're there to confiscate their guns.

Not a short straw that I would want to pull.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#35]
In the end they will probably just wait until we leave for work and just break in, shoot our dogs, take our guns, then wait for us to come home and arrest us.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Banning or confiscting entire types of commonly used guns......what did the Heller decision say again?

You're assuming Andy and Bloomy give a fuck about what the Supreme Court says.

Remember what they say about ASSumptions.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Well in nyc permits are needed for everything so they know who has what.
Every where else in NY it would be a guess who has what and where they have it.
Good luck to them.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over a what?

Jeez, where do you guys keep coming from?

Oh. I'm sorry. Is it a religion for you or something? Did JMB take a stroll on the water one day, then make the 1911?

Wow. The ignorance you're displaying is truly monumental.

And I don't own a 1911 (not that it's even relevant).

You should be banned, burned, shunned, and have your Christmas eggnog taken away.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy Leavenworth. I understand they allow trustees to work road details in the summer.

I booted him

Thank You
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well in nyc permits are needed for everything so they know who has what.
Every where else in NY it would be a guess who has what and where they have it.
Good luck to them.

You know, Cleveland really sucks.  It has very little redeeming value.  But really, it's nothing more than a joke to the rest of us Ohioans.  Having NYC in your midst must be like living in West Germany during the Cold War.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over a what?

Oh. I'm sorry. Is it a religion for you or something? Did JMB take a stroll on the water one day, then make the 1911?

From the stuff I have read in the last two weeks I have come to the conclusion that anybody with a late 2012 join date should be banned. You're a good example of why.

Fucking trolls.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I booted him

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Confiscation = Revolution
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

over a hobby

Another 2012 join date .
Are you guys just getting bored over there at DU
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Yes it is.......and the usual fucking douchebags are advocating it.

Wow talk about defending anything, even firearms confiscation at gunpoint  

No that aint it, but posters like BWood and his usual BS about killing cops can fly? seriously?

<-----This cop is one of the most 2A defenders you'll ever meet, and aint gonna confiscate shit........but there are some real tough MF'ers here though.

If that day comes I hope at least half of them are the real deal.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I booted him

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's there a thread about posts on ARFCOM being quoted in a major newspaper?  Just sayin'.

What are you saying? Don't tip toe around.

Let the possible outcome of such stupid suggestions of legislative action be known and heard.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#48]
A door to door confiscation of guns by the PD or Military would make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a drop in the bucket compared to how many lives would be lost on both sides, especially in the South. I dont think most cops or military would be willing to go on a potentially suicide mission. The Cops will refuse and resign and hopefully the military will declare the order unconstitutional and not comply. The Senior Generals would be a problem though. Most of them are political hacks by the time the get a few stars on their shoulders but BGs and below would hopefully remember their duty and oath.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over a what?

From the stuff I have read in the last two weeks I have come to the conclusion that anybody with a late 2012 join date should be banned. You're a good example of why.

Fucking trolls.

Troll this.

ETA: In this hypothetical, I would wager half of LEOs would follow orders. Most likely first carried out against the half that said no.

And Merry Christmas!!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Honestly,  I think all this talk of confiscation is a pipe dream.

Compared to what we're going to get, confiscation would be preferable.  At least if the police are ordered out in droves to terrorize innocent families we, as a country, face a decision point.

What we will receive instead is one of two things.  Either a ban on transfer and associated registry, which constitutes generational theft (i.e. the government takes your guns when you die, and people left behind don't care), or the NFA'ing of standard weapons, which is a registry that we've dealt with for 80 years and will not constitute a keying event, just another large step in the de-normalizing of arms ownership.  Essentially a huge leap in a multi-generational disarmament project.

Either way you're left with the choice of registering the address of yourself and your weapons with big brother, or becoming a standard, on-your-own, federal felon and going to prison for 10 years.

Given the options, I'd prefer they deploy the police - following oaths and orders or not.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top