Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[q]

Do you really think its the same ? I don't...

Sure a lot of people talk tough and won't back it up. Maybe most.

But there is still a huge amount that will.

Good people that are having their way of life and means of defending their families stripped from them... And now their dignity will be taken from them as well, and they'll be criminals.

You can't compare that to a gang banger in and out his whole life whose already used to jail. He knows the game.

These people..They don't know or want the game, they'd rather be left alone to go to work and raise their families. Some of them will reach their breaking point. Who could really blame them ?

Dude, you're taking my comment way out of context. It was meant for one member that got booted earlier in the thread.

Having said that, who has more to lose  A gangbanger that has never had a job, already been to prison in the past, hasn't seen his multiple kids in months due to a restraining order, let alone paid child support, or some average Joe Citizen with a wife and family, good paying job, a house and retirement fund?

You tell me?

My children and grandchildren.... and, just for the record??  This isn't about guns or safety.  It's about far far more diabolical matters than "safety".

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think it would take a braver man to not do it, at least if its based on values and respect of individual rights rather than fear of being shot for participing.

He would possibility be leaving his career field, his pension, possibly making himself a target from his former co workers.

He'd lose most everything except his honor. For that reason it is the right choice, and I'd respect any cop who would quit over this BS.

well, I know GD hates police unions, but this is where the are needed.  I would flat out refuse because I know I am in the right and the my union would support me and not an unconstitutional order.

As for being a target of my coworkers? I work for an old school department and would call anyone to the carpet if they started to entertain unconstitutional shit.  I would remind them that there is no difference between taking someone's gun illegally and lying on a report, planting evidence, of stealing money.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the NYPD gets involved the bystander body counts will be horrific.

I could only imagine how much hell would be unleashed by the populace on the "enforcers".  It would make Iraq look like kids play.  

not to mention if that started happening how much infrastructure would start magically shutting down.....entire power grids, water, sewage, trash control, communications, flights, you name it.  NYC would be a jungle in about ten minutes

it would be ugly very quick

You over estimate our power! I'm going to pull a number out of my ass 99.99% of NYers will comply because law abiding citizens do that

that's what the Jews did in Germany

exactly.

and for those who say it can't happen here...well maybe not a same scale.

But violence from the left has been increasing and we are becoming increasingly demonized.

To say it could not happen here is assuming a lot.

German was a nice stable country once too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dude, you're taking my comment way out of context. It was meant for one member that got booted earlier in the thread.

Having said that, who has more to lose  A gang anger that has never had a job, already been to prison in the past, hasn't seen his multiple kids in months due to a restraining order, let alone paid child support, or some average Joe Citizen with a wife and family, good paying job, a house and retirement fund?

You tell me?

One of the Marines I had hunting with me last year as part of a Wounded Warrior Project event, just got a nice, new Rock River Arms AR15 for Christmas.  This guy knows exactly how much he has to lose, because he nearly paid that price already.  Do you think it would be easy to take his rifle from him?

You tell me?

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it would take a braver man to not do it, at least if its based on values and respect of individual rights rather than fear of being shot for participing.

He would possibility be leaving his career field, his pension, possibly making himself a target from his former co workers.

He'd lose most everything except his honor. For that reason it is the right choice, and I'd respect any cop who would quit over this BS.

well, I know GD hates police unions, but this is where the are needed.  I would flat out refuse because I know I am in the right and the my union would support me and not an unconstitutional order.

As for being a target of my coworkers? I work for an old school department and would call anyone to the carpet if they started to entertain unconstitutional shit.  I would remind them that there is no difference between taking someone's gun illegally and lying on a report, planting evidence, of stealing money.

Like all the unconstitutional gun laws California already has?

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I know a few local leo hoping they get to confiscate.  They assume they will get to keep what they take.

seriously? that would be a special kind of moron.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I meant by making yourself a target was if these kind of measures really did start happening, and you identify with who they view as the enemy and quit over it they would probably raid your house along with the others.

I realize the police probably aren't going to go door to door like we're discussing, but should it happen it might not end well for those officers who quit as well as everyone else involved.

Honestly a state level ban would be much easier to work with.

If I lived in NY and this came about I'd feel I had one choice and thats to move.

No, you shouldn't have too but other than moving you have but a few choices and all of them suck.

Resist, and likely die.

Retain your stuff hidden in private, and go on with your life but be unable to participate in your way of life combined with the fact you'd always be worried you'll be caught.

Turn your stuff in.

I'd be moving to avoid the choice. No doubt.

Now if its a federal ban, or spreads everywhere....A very ugly spot to be in. Hope it never happens.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea alot of them will come down with terminal case of lead poisoning

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Isn't advocating cop killing on this board a permaban offense?

Hobby?

Join date/Post Count Check.

I hear there is an "underground" forum that many like you frequent.  Dont U think you might be more comfortable over ther?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As for being a target of my coworkers? I work for an old school department and would call anyone to the carpet if they started to entertain unconstitutional shit. I would remind them that there is no difference between taking someone's gun illegally and lying on a report, planting evidence, of stealing money.

Unfortunately there is a very big difference. One being it would be considered legal from the government and sanctioned, even demanded versus the other activies that would be shunned and even punished.

How your fellow officers would react I don't know, but I do know there is a pretty big difference.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA: I'm in the Ohio National Guard, If we get the order I am refusing it.

Enjoy Leavenworth. I understand they allow trustees to work road details in the summer.

Who the fuck are you?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

You would hand them in with proper compensation?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
"Why, of course, Sir, I would be willing, even happy, to follow your orders to confiscate those terrible assault weapons....Ah, Sir, how do we know who has them?

"Neighbor snitch, I see Sir, yes, we will go there immediately!"

"Sir, the neighbor must be some kind of nut, there were no guns there at all....Yes Sir, I checked everywhere, even used a metal detector on the yard...Honest! Would I lie to you?"

"Just ask the shop steward, Sir. The PBA knows we are all truthfull and efficent!"  

"Right, Sir, I'll arrest the neighbor for a false report!"

Yeah, out of a million ARs in NY, they will get a couple hundred.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd give everything up including my life if it came to that.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Bring it bitches
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Is he not talking about defending a civil right? Are you so fucking stupid as to think the 2nd Amendment is a hobby?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Never, not a single one.  Totally unconstitutional.

Like obamacare?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"Why, of course, Sir, I would be willing, even happy, to follow your orders to confiscate those terrible assault weapons....Ah, Sir, how do we know who has them?

"Sir, the neighbor must be some kind of nut, there were no guns there at all....Yes Sir, I checked everywhere, even used a metal detector on the yard...Honest! Would I lie to you?"

"Just ask the shop steward, Sir. The PBA knows we are all truthfull and efficent!"  

Do you know many NYSP officers personally?
They are a little different breed then the local cops, many are fully indoctrinated and they tend to operate outside their hometown...they have no local ties or nostalgia.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Are you fucking for real? GTFO with that bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You have AR's in NY?

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#21]
deleted
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]
deleted
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA: I'm in the Ohio National Guard, If we get the order I am refusing it.

Enjoy Leavenworth. I understand they allow trustees to work road details in the summer.

Ever hear of unlawful orders?
I booted him

Well I guess he won't be responding to my above post.

This is what happens when I log out of ARFCOM for a day and do family stuff.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But the good news is they would be out of bullets in about 30 seconds.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#25]
One thing that has struck me is that the Feds and local governments really have no idea of the total number of weapons (AR's ) out there.  Oh they have production numbers for receivers, import records etc.  but they really are foolish if they think that MILLIONS, yes MILLIONS of gun owners are going to just turn over their personal property.  They should really review what happened at Lexington and the Concord Bridge.  It's not about how many guns are out there but how many guns are in the hands of those  who will resist tyranny and obey the oath we took to "Defend the Constitution against all enemys foreign and domestic."  This is not about gun control this is about people control.  

I'm not advocating violence, I'm just stating the Feds have no idea what a big can of worms they are trying to open.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has really been a strange and disappointing year, damn.

2013 is likely the year I move to Ohio.

ohio like virginia is lost imo . once they go blue they have the disease.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has really been a strange and disappointing year, damn.

2013 is likely the year I move to Ohio.

ohio like virginia is lost imo . once they go blue they have the disease.

Why  would  anybody  out  there  think  that  moving  will  fix  this .     The  bell .  . .  . It  tolls  for  thee .  NOW !
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well in nyc permits are needed for everything so they know who has what.
Every where else in NY it would be a guess who has what and where they have it

Need to have a permit to even touch a handgun where I live in NY and it aint NYC.

Quoted:
Hell, alot of NY cops would love it! They are wringing their hands right now thinking of how many ARs they can take HOME.

Yeah, because we got to keep whatever guns came into the precinct.

Quoted:
I'm a Texan, so I ain't big on none of y'all, but I can tell you this much, New Yorkers are a damn sight tougher than those Kalifornia pussies you are used to, so you got no frame of reference on this matter.

Maybe you should worry more about that border war you guys in Tejas are losing with Mexico before you worry about Cali and NY.

Quoted:
Evidence gets lost all the time.  I'm sure confiscated guns wouldn't be any exception.  

Yeah, it would be really easy to make seized guns disappear.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
deleted

My sentiments exactly.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#31]
To whoever said that gun ownership is just a "hobby" fuck you very, very much.  Oh, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, too!  You are either a troll or a useful idiot....
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I did not read all 8 pages. Instead of taking it out on the shoes on the ground get back at the shoes behind the desk.
I would not do either but as allways the person on the ground takes the brunt.And some of these comments will be flagged by the new
combing of internet post NYPD division.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You, must be a want a be Texan from up North.  True Texan would never give up his guns.
No, true Texans just give up their state to illegals from Mexico.    

REMEMBER THE ALAMO, MI AMIGOS!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/headshot.gif

Yes, we do remember, and the reason why we fought.  
You pussy
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe you should worry more about that border war you guys in Tejas are losing with Mexico before you worry about Cali and NY.

Are you perhaps referring to the border war that the feds won't fight and sue the states when they do?  
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This won't end well.

nope.....not at all.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I did not read all 8 pages. Instead of taking it out on the shoes on the ground get back at the shoes behind the desk.

I would not do either but as allways the person on the ground takes the brunt.And some of these comments will be flagged by the new

Take it out on whoever tries to take it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

it's not a hobby. it's a Constitutional right.  DUis that way --------> go back troll.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could only imagine how much hell would be unleashed by the populace on the "enforcers".  It would make Iraq look like kids play.  

not to mention if that started happening how much infrastructure would start magically shutting down.....entire power grids, water, sewage, trash control, communications, flights, you name it.  NYC would be a jungle in about ten minutes

it would be ugly very quick

You over estimate our power! I'm going to pull a number out of my ass 99.99% of NYers will comply because law abiding citizens do that

+1 the tree of liberty will not be quenched anytime soon.

just about every thunderstorm starts with a light mist and grows in strength.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Federal law?

I don't enforce Federal laws. Good luck getting me to do so... and better luck calling the ATF.

Federal government loves to fuck over local LEOs on immigration issues... and they want us to care about their issues? Hah.

State law?

If it came to that.. I am not going to comment on a public forum.

Lets just say that I have run into some situations, where it would have been an easy collar... and decided to use, some... discretion? To help someone out.

I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All this anti-gun talk will last until the next credit downgrade or Obama middle east screwup, the press will then have to go into full protection mode for their anointed one. The mere fact that Biden is tasked with the gun control talk is almost too good to be true. There should be a poll about what happens first, the economy totally tanking or a gun ban. My money is on the economy tanking.

+1
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Please tell me the country that issues AR-15's as their weapons of war?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"Just following orders" is no excuse.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over a what?

Jeez, where do you guys keep coming from?

Oh. I'm sorry. Is it a religion for you or something? Did JMB take a stroll on the water one day, then make the 1911?

He took a stroll over a lake of bourbon the day he created the 1911. Can't you trolls even keep the fucking facts straight? Not like facts are your strong suit anyway, by the look of it.

Eta) bummer. I took too long with the lake of bourbon thing.

John Moses Browning was a Mormon. He likely did not drink at all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Joseph Smith was a Mormon. he drank alcohol.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#44]
As I've said before. If it came down to confiscation, I think we all know what would happen, and what each of us are willing to do. I cannot believe that any of these questions have been left unanswered in any gun owners mind, or any person who enjoys freedom, and believes in what our constitution says.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You certainly wouldn't confiscate mine.  You ain't got balls enough.

I think Randy Weaver said something to that effect back in '92... Just sayin'

John

and we all know how that worked out. "hey Lon. shoot his wife while she's holding the baby....that'll make him give up".  
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

So did the branch davidians.

yeah......so the cops set fire to a house with lots of little kids in it.  how many did the cops kill vs. the last school shooting?  I think we all know how the cops will do things.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#47]
If you all aren't seriously considering your options, and that means having a plan in place in order of severity, you better start thinking what you are going to do in case it happens.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

You seem proud of that. Why?

What in that sentence emphasized proud?  I think it's a black mark on the reputation of federal law enforcement.

I could have replaced Weaver with a dozen other names.  bin Laden, Escobar, Capone, esc.  I chose Weaver because in the end, it wasn't he would paid the ultimate price.  I wonder if you asked him today which he'd rather have this Christmas Eve, his wife and son or his Mini 14, which he'd say...?

John

I think you're just talking shit here...... apparently, you are not familiar with the Weaver story.  Comparing him to those you listed is nuts and it had nothing to with his Mini 14.

Whichever side or story you know or believe, at the end of the day, if they want you, they will get you.

that's very probable......but it could possibly take a huge pile of bodies to get to that person.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

You seem proud of that. Why?

Nobody wins.How many lawmen were carried off that hill.

What in that sentence emphasized proud?  I think it's a black mark on the reputation of federal law enforcement.

I could have replaced Weaver with a dozen other names.  bin Laden, Escobar, Capone, esc.  I chose Weaver because in the end, it wasn't he would paid the ultimate price.  I wonder if you asked him today which he'd rather have this Christmas Eve, his wife and son or his Mini 14, which he'd say...?

John

Only a fool would believe that he has more to lose than those who fought and died to give independence to this nation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

/thread
/bravo sir
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's there a thread about posts on ARFCOM being quoted in a major newspaper?  Just sayin'.

What are you saying? Don't tip toe around.

I'm sayin' that it is one thing to put on a public forum that you disagree strongly with proposed legislation and enforcement action.  It's even okay to say it is fucking retarded, which it is, and against the intent of the Founders of this nation, which it is.

It is another thing to post on that message board, which is monitored by an agenda driven media that is not on our side, comments that can be easily manipulated to sound like threats of violence to frighten the masses.

Armed confiscation is an act of violence war.

FIFY

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top