Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If its using a regular AR free float handguard, it has to be the same height. The raised rail area is milled out since it does not have the channel in the receiver where the gas key would be.

From what I've found with the 9mm, regular low cost fmj ammo gets a small increase in velocity with the longer barrel, 10-15 percent or so, but not much overall. Some of the plus p loads showed that the longer barrel helped them alot more, and put out some decent power for a pistol caliber carbine.

The longer barrel does cut down on the blast a noticeable amount, so the gun seems "quieter".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is the upper lower profile than a traditional AR upper?  Whats with the raised rail?

If its using a regular AR free float handguard, it has to be the same height. The raised rail area is milled out since it does not have the channel in the receiver where the gas key would be.

From what I've found with the 9mm, regular low cost fmj ammo gets a small increase in velocity with the longer barrel, 10-15 percent or so, but not much overall. Some of the plus p loads showed that the longer barrel helped them alot more, and put out some decent power for a pistol caliber carbine.

The longer barrel does cut down on the blast a noticeable amount, so the gun seems "quieter".

It's 15-20% from my testing with a chrono.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fuck that piece of gay tranny shit! If I'm going 9mm carbine, I'd want the Beretta CX4 Storm.

Better ergos, completely ambidextrous and shorter OAL.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/43/82/98/438298a431ffed8bcf5219de2671559a.jpg

http://www.berettaweb.com/2010_News/Cx4-STORM-DARK-EARTH.jpg
View Quote

They look terrible. Especially with all of that shit piled on the one in the top pic.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that is the most reasonably priced pistol caliber carbine I've seen all decade. If it holds up well, I may be purchasing one someday. Let's just hope it's not plagued with problems like the Just Right Carbine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They look terrible. Especially with all of that shit piled on the one in the top pic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that piece of gay tranny shit! If I'm going 9mm carbine, I'd want the Beretta CX4 Storm.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/43/82/98/438298a431ffed8bcf5219de2671559a.jpg

I was just being a bit contrary, but I really do like the looks of the CX4 Storm. Stupid name though.

If I wanted a 9mm carbine, that's what I'd buy. Forgot to mention it also takes Beretta pistol mags, so that's a huge plus.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is that the closest you can mount the optic on the Red Lion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks interesting, I may have to add it to the collection.

Oly arms 9mm glock mags
Keltec glock mags with red lion forend - yes thats a silicone pad holder on the forend, suppressor gets toasty.
http://members.quixnet.net/mcress/Keltec/sub2000-5.jpg

Is that the closest you can mount the optic on the Red Lion?

Nope, I think it can be mounted a bit closer.  That's just where it felt right to me.  I may put a small riser on the aimpoint though, as is it requires a pretty tight cheek weld.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The fender flares and Type-R plastic work just seems silly on it.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish it took Beretta mags, I have a stack.

This thing is invisible on the net.  Weird.

CX4 Storm is an awesome little carbine.

TRG

Yep
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the upper lower profile than a traditional AR upper?  Whats with the raised rail?

http://<a href=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/vortech347/Firearms/Chronodata_Page_1.jpg</a>" />

What does ES and SD stand for?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
More glock mag lower. Only saw it mentioned once in this thread.Qc10  with vid
View Quote

Is QC10 the "new" DDLES?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/vortech347/Firearms/Chronodata_Page_1.jpg</a>" />

Fwiw, similar results from my Camp-9. Columns are load, bullet weight, avg fps, and avg ME. FPS and Muzzle Energy are averages of five-shot strings; list is in order of highest to lowest ME.

Even if a person doesn't handload (I do), there's a good number of factory loads that make a 9mm carbine substantially more powerful than a .357 magnum or 10mm handgun. Heck, even the lowly, generic WW-USA 115JHP from the carbine is more powerful than most factory 10mm loads from a handgun.

Obviously have to be careful of bullet selection and your particular applications, because a lot of handgun bullets aren't meant to be driven that fast. But a 100-grain pill at over 1800fps does horrible things to a coyote. Chuck a suppressor and an infrared illuminator & laser on the gun, don a set of NV goggles, and you can get rid of herd-harrassing predators at night surprisingly efficiently. If there's more than one, simply swap mags to a just-subsonic JHP, and "thunk" away from across the pasture, pretty much to your heart's content...

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish it took Beretta mags, I have a stack.

This thing is invisible on the net.  Weird.

TRG

Yep

Handles good and runs great. It's the butterfaced nymphomaniac of the PCC world.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:59:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks cool enough.

This thread is making want to SBR a *regular* 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why does everyone want glock mags so badly in a 9mm carbine?  I have not used many PCC's, but to me a 90° magwell seems like it would be easier to use.  My main experience comes from my 9mm AR using Uzi mags and I don't have much to compare to other than MP5 and a Ruger PC9 back in the day.  Those aren't really good comparisons anyway, so I don't put much weight on my own perspective.  I assume the relative abundance of glock mags as well as commonality with your handguns (if you own 9mm Glocks already) are the main draws for this feature?
View Quote

Korean 50 rd drum.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow, that is the most reasonably priced pistol caliber carbine I've seen all decade. If it holds up well, I may be purchasing one someday. Let's just hope it's not plagued with problems like the Just Right Carbine.
View Quote

VERY true, Sir.

In fact if the Nano carbine proves to be reliable...
Then measure the bolt face to barrel length.

Remove the UTG hand guard and sell on the EE for $75 shipped / first 48.
Take the upper off the lower send to ADCO with this note.

Dear BigBore,

My 3 lug suppressor is 7" with the 3 lug endcap. Please chop barrel to 9.5" from breach face and install 3 lug tip.
Then install cheapo rifle FF tube. Please check that the breach face to FF tube end is indeed 16.5 ".
And the I.D. can easily accommodate my can.
Or make one yourself, BB.
Then please pin and weld the FF tube to the upper.

Signed, Cheapskate C3 owner.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone get more info on this?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I love PCC's....
Will they make it fotey? One can only hope.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if this has been posted, but this is made by Mag Tactical Systems in Indiana.  http://www.magtacticalsystems.com

Their website doesn't seem to show it, so that's weird but their names are stamped on the receiver.

This guy has a light review of this, but with some additional info:

http://www.kipstaton.com/new-blog-1/2015/2/2/nano-16-9mm-carbine-out-of-left-field-with-glock-mags
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Somebody buy one and report back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

VERY true, Sir.

Dear BigBore,

My 3 lug suppressor is 7" with the 3 lug endcap. Please chop barrel to 9.5" from breach face and install 3 lug tip.
Then install cheapo rifle FF tube. Please check that the breach face to FF tube end is indeed 16.5 ".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY true, Sir.

Dear BigBore,

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the law pretty specific on barrel length?  Or does the hand guard pinned count as some sort of barrel length?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Handles good and runs great. It's the butterfaced nymphomaniac of the PCC world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Yep

No, it's the 'fat chicks and scooters' of the PCC world.

Might be fun, but, your friends are going to mock you for it.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the law pretty specific on barrel length?  Or does the hand guard pinned count as some sort of barrel length?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

VERY true, Sir.

Dear BigBore,

Yes a perm affixed flash hider adds to the length

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY true, Sir.

Dear BigBore,

He's asking about pinning the Free Float tube at 16.5." Does that work as a barrel in the eyes of the ATF? o.0 Not sure what the intent is here. Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but definitely curious....
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]
The carbine looks good. From the pictures it seems like it does not have an mag-operated bolt hold-open feature. But the beauty of this item is the reasonable cost for the whole package. The Quarter Circle 10 is a very nice looking lower, but when you add up the cost of the 9mm lower, bolt and heavy buffer, you get an expensive build:

$280 9mm lower (figure $150 - $175 if you buy a mag block and use a standard lower)
$120 barrel
$200 bolt
$100 heavy buffer, buffer tube and stock
$75 upper
$75 handguard
$50 lower parts kit
$40 handguard

$940 to build a similar lower.    Looks like the Nano carbine wins easily. I hope this carbine proves itself, and that the company also starts making fully AR compatible lowers and bolts.

The bolt and lower are the big extra cost items. All of the manufacturers out there making regular AR parts have really pushed the price of military pattern parts down pretty low, so it's not that the 9mm is particularly expensive, but it can't compare it to the multitude of quality $100 5.56 bolts and $75 lowers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Just purchased one I will report my finding as soon as Centerfire delivers.  Looks like an ok alternative to a Just right carbine but i will also compare it to s sub2k Wish me luck.  I did order a UTG forward handgrip and a RRA entry buttsock its gonna be my glock tommy gun...and I have a LoneWolf lower with a RRA upper i am going to also compare it too. so a 4 gun review.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just purchased one I will report my finding as soon as Centerfire delivers.  Looks like an ok alternative to a Just right carbine but i will also compare it to s sub2k Wish me luck.  I did order a UTG forward handgrip and a RRA entry buttsock its gonna be my glock tommy gun...and I have a LoneWolf lower with a RRA upper i am going to also compare it too. so a 4 gun review.
View Quote

In for the review...
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered one as well.

Also found this partial review:

http://arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=202548
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He's asking about pinning the Free Float tube at 16.5." Does that work as a barrel in the eyes of the ATF? o.0 Not sure what the intent is here. Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but definitely curious....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY true, Sir.

Dear BigBore,

CYA...
A spacer between the barrel and rail guard with a perm pin.
Or a shroud, barrel shoulder to 16.5". Whatever you like

BATF lets barrel manufacturers shroud in the manner .
Why not have it look nice ?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

2 interesting take aways from that review:

Now, some had asked in the thread I posted earlier. Sad to say, no BHO. There is a notch on the side of the upper receiver to lock the bolt back, but you will need to keep count as you shoot or just wait for that *click*.

Would I recommend this gun. Hell yes I would. $600 OTD is a steal for what would basically cost over $900 to build (estimated cost I was looking at to assemble a dedicated 9mm AR that took Glock mags). The gun, with it's proprietary receivers, is slightly shorter than a 16" AR would normally be which is a huge plus. It actually measures only 2" longer than my 10.5" SB-15 equipped AR pistol was from end to end.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extreme spread and standard deviation.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I want it

I can't have it right now
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#31]
How about a .45ACP model that takes Glock 21 mags?  Yeah, I get it won't have the mag capacity, but it would still be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope.

That Beretta has got the ghey.

There's only one choice -  

Though the Nano Carbine does have my attention...  Reminds me of a JRC (Just Right Carbine) - but I like the rail and lines better.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

$549 for the whole thing?  AR pattern and it takes Glock mags?  That's pretty slick.  

Definitely an SBR candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a feeling my wallet is about to get lighter

$549 for the whole thing?  AR pattern and it takes Glock mags?  That's pretty slick.  

Definitely an SBR candidate.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Fucking nano. Lol.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#37]
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=772556&page=2

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh. These are being sold now:

A bit more pricey, but CZ is apparently selling them for $650 to military/police. $780 seems to be the retail price. Mags are $15-20 or so? I'd rather wait and see how low the CZ goes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Just back from range day #2 with this thing.

Basically my findings are that it is unreliable with Glock factory mags.

It will function 100% with the Korean included magazine and fail to feed 33% or more of the time with glock factory mags.

Read full review here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=772556&page=2

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Updates?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like they originate from here:

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/

When I asked about warranty work, Centerfire Systems pointed me in that direction.

On that note, customer service has been surprisingly.....excellent. Ive been emailing back and fourth with Dave at Clearview regarding my problems with glock mags and he is very quick to respond and seemly determined to get my rifle sorted out. He says that most of the ones he tested perform great, but every now and then one slips by with issues of undetermined reason.

This user has some videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCib_P63bNJMoIRvFWS1XV5g
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Indeed.    

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

TRG

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Yep

TRG

The Storm?

Watch your slander.   It's official, TRG is a skinjob.

No other carbine smokes toasters like the Storm.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Ordered mine, got it quick.
First 100 rounds of Federal RTP went thru with only one FTF out of the supplied KCI mag. The Gen 3 and G4 factory mags had no issues, along with the 33rd KCI mag I had.
Second 100 rounds(couple days later)....no issues, all using factory Glock mags, same ammo.

Tried to run some Remington HTP JHPs thru it....Jams every other round or so.

Today....brought a random mix of JHPs to shoot and another box of RTP.
All 5 different mags had FTF issues with the mix of HPs. and even a couple with the FMJ.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#49]
BUUUUUUT I noticed the mag has some play in it.
If put some upward pressure on the base of the mag, it functions flawlessly, no matter which mag, It appears the mag droop/lean is causing the FTF. There is no feed ramp in the rifle. If you look right in front of the mag when inserted, there is a receiver pin there. If the mag drops at all, the round being chambered will hit that and turn up, missing the actual chamber. When I place pressure on the base of the mag, I can see the mag release lever on the right move up with it. It appears to me that lever has too much play in it. There is a pin there. I plan to remove that pin, place a small washer between the bottom of the lever and the receiver to see if that will fix the mag drop issue.

That's the only issue I've had with it(other than the UTG rail being a mm or so off when I received it- easy fix) once I lubed the mag well. It has double lock for the G4 style mags, which rubs on the G3 and my older KCI mags I have.

Rifle seems accurate. I wish it was 1/2-28 instead of -36. AAC does not make a piston in 1/2-36 for my Tirant 45. I plan to measure the barrel to verify it is in fact 16.5". If so, I will have it cut slightly and rethreaded. I don't want to SBR it until I know it will be reliable and worthy of the costs.

Overall, I'm impressed, as long as I an get it to be reliable with all mags. The major thing I was weary of and am impressed with is it is light....feels way lighter than my JRC, even with it being a 7" SBR.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#50]
^

I determined that to be the exact cause of my FTF's as well.

Bullet height / magazine play.

Just looked at the mag release and you might be onto something about a washer in there....let me know how it works out for ya.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top