BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that turns out to be a common/consistent thing with these, that's a deal breaker for me.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just back from range day #2 with this thing.

Basically my findings are that it is unreliable with Glock factory mags.

It will function 100% with the Korean included magazine and fail to feed 33% or more of the time with glock factory mags...

If that turns out to be a common/consistent thing with these, that's a deal breaker for me.  
I have some real 33 rd mags from glock, the korean mags have never failed, the glock mags have let me down

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Added that washer and ran through a few Glock mags by hand with 115gr and 158gr with NO FTF's, where it definitely would have before....seems promising. Looking forward to seeing how it does at the range.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#3]
has anyone tried the 50 round drum?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
tagging for reliability info
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
So does it use a conventional buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I`m not seeing them for sale anywhere,                 nm,found them, centerfire systems  
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Nanope
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/762minigun/media/20150222_165428_zps0irtgkvi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/762minigun/20150222_165428_zps0irtgkvi.jpg</a>

Nanope
View Quote

How much did that cost?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#9]
please buy one and tell me if you can swap the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
^

I determined that to be the exact cause of my FTF's as well.

Bullet height / magazine play.

Just looked at the mag release and you might be onto something about a washer in there....let me know how it works out for ya.
View Quote

I wedged 2 thin washers in there from the outside. Hand cycled and ran flawlessly thru 2 complete run thrus of all 4 of my mags. Kci, g3, g4, and 33rd glock.
have not gotten to shoot it yet. And haven't found my damn punches to pop it out and put the washers actually on the pin. But they look like they'll fit and do the trick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Added that washer and ran through a few Glock mags by hand with 115gr and 158gr with NO FTF's, where it definitely would have before....seems promising. Looking forward to seeing how it does at the range.

http://i61.tinypic.com/10cu246.jpg
View Quote

Didn't notice you posted.
Great minds. When do you think you'll shoot it?
do you know what size the washer was?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw this in the Centerfire catalog (Magnus rules, and came here for the reviews.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Just spent hours de-priming 9 millie cases today and my pop and I were talking about new carbines in nine.  This is SUPER interesting, I really hope these get sorted out.

Sub
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Obviously have to be careful of bullet selection and your particular applications, because a lot of handgun bullets aren't meant to be driven that fast. But a 100-grain pill at over 1800fps does horrible things to a coyote. Chuck a suppressor and an infrared illuminator & laser on the gun, don a set of NV goggles, and you can get rid of herd-harrassing predators at night surprisingly efficiently. If there's more than one, simply swap mags to a just-subsonic JHP, and "thunk" away from across the pasture, pretty much to your heart's content...
View Quote

That is a nice rig, sir.

jonblack
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Finally got my washers installed and took to range.
glock 17, 17 G4, and factory 33rd, along with the KCI 19 sized mag, all 50 rounds functioned flawlessly.

whoever was using the warranty guy, can you post or IM me his email?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
^Good to hear!

Dave's Email:

[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is something super quick and easy to try.

40 S&W mags allow the ammo (9mm) to sit higher.   I own over a half dozen Glocks in 40 S&W.     To run 9mm, I just switch the barrel  (an aftermarket  barrel chambered for 9mm but still cut for a 40 hood).   I have found the standard 40 mags feed 9mm fine, but the ammo sets higher as the lips are wider for the 40 ammo.  

It certainly would not hurt to try.   Just grab a mag from one of your 40 S&W Glocks and give it a shot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Due to the successful washer tests, I put my order in for one of these. I've always had a soft spot for PCCs, and as soon as I saw this one, I knew I had to have it, but not if the FTF issues couldn't be fixed.

Thanks for putting in the work and reporting your results!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up my Nano today and hand-cycled a few magazines of Wolf ammo (test under the worst conditions...) without any modifications to the mag release. I expected to see problems, but I got zero failures to feed. Of course, a few hand-cycled mags are hardly a good test, so I think I'm going to shim it anyway, just to be safe.

FYI, I measured the gap at 0.024 in (0.6096 mm).

UPDATE: I didn't have any washers thin enough, so I ordered some delrin washers from McMaster Carr that should fit nicely.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I wonder how these would work?

ETA: http://www.etsgroup.us/default.asp
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]

This last picture shows the shim, just for the record. Oddly enough, after adding the shim, I found it took a bit more effort than I'd like to push the magazine far enough up to lock in. Has anyone else noticed that who has shimmed theirs? I wonder if the machining tolerances on that channel are just a bit too loose given the precise measurements needed for cartridge stripping..?

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone say 9mm SBR?

Oh yeah I have an SBR that takes glock mags also-

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Do ETS mags really exist?  I bought one months ago and now can't find one in stock on their web site.  Any one they list as a dealer has a web site worse than a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow, that is the most reasonably priced pistol caliber carbine I've seen all decade. If it holds up well, I may be purchasing one someday. Let's just hope it's not plagued with problems like the Just Right Carbine.
View Quote

The new JRCs with the round holes in the handguard are great.  Don't write them off!   Mine has been 100% through 900 rounds.   400 124gr A.E.  300 reloads cast and plated and 200 124gr hydrashok
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks like your mag release channel is wider than mine. That's interesting. I don't suppose you can measure the gap for me..? That would show whether the channel is off, or the bar itself. Either way, it seems that the manufacturing tolerances might be just a bit too loose when it comes to this particular subsystem.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Long story short: ensure that your assemblies are free of debris.

After cycling a few magazines through the Nano, I noticed that around half of the the cartridge rims were slightly deformed where they mated with the extractor. I took the bolt out and found the extractor was so tight that I couldn't finger-actuate it. That didn't seem right, so I disassembled it and found what appeared to be machining debris - chips from a lathe operation I'd wager - in the extractor channel. It wasn't much, but ANY amount is too much, so I cleaned it up, put everything back together, and now I can operate it with my finger. I cycled another magazine through and didn't see any deformations this time, so problem solved.

Oh, and for the record, all rounds fed and extracted perfectly.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Someone say 9mm SBR?

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rccox/media/Guns/4ED1009A-DCBC-48FB-9510-45D89247C3BE.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/4ED1009A-DCBC-48FB-9510-45D89247C3BE.jpg</a>

Oh yeah I have an SBR that takes glock mags also-

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rccox/media/Guns/15B3467E-E876-48E4-AC55-1594A7A53975.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/15B3467E-E876-48E4-AC55-1594A7A53975.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rccox/media/Guns/2021E991-2666-476F-98F7-474A03972456.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/2021E991-2666-476F-98F7-474A03972456.jpg</a>
View Quote

What sort of accuracy are you getting at say 50 or 100 yards with that Glock SBR?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:03:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know right? I've never heard of this gun.. But I mean it accepts glock mags AND has a threaded barrel!! what else can u really ask for
View Quote

Not a bad looking PCC. Anybody know what type of 1/2" X 36 muzzle devices are available?

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here is something super quick and easy to try.

40 S&W mags allow the ammo (9mm) to sit higher.   I own over a half dozen Glocks in 40 S&W.     To run 9mm, I just switch the barrel  (an aftermarket  barrel chambered for 9mm but still cut for a 40 hood).   I have found the standard 40 mags feed 9mm fine, but the ammo sets higher as the lips are wider for the 40 ammo.  

It certainly would not hurt to try.   Just grab a mag from one of your 40 S&W Glocks and give it a shot.
View Quote

Thought about that...don't own anything in 40. Haha.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/6BLPIjR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nPBeTZd.jpg

This last picture shows the shim, just for the record. Oddly enough, after adding the shim, I found it took a bit more effort than I'd like to push the magazine far enough up to lock in. Has anyone else noticed that who has shimmed theirs? I wonder if the machining tolerances on that channel are just a bit too loose given the precise measurements needed for cartridge stripping..?

http://i.imgur.com/fAQ4bfS.jpg
View Quote

Your gap is much smaller than mine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The new JRCs with the round holes in the handguard are great.  Don't write them off!   Mine has been 100% through 900 rounds.   400 124gr A.E.  300 reloads cast and plated and 200 124gr hydrashok
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, that is the most reasonably priced pistol caliber carbine I've seen all decade. If it holds up well, I may be purchasing one someday. Let's just hope it's not plagued with problems like the Just Right Carbine.

I have a JRC. Even at 8" barrel, it feels like it weighs a ton compared to the Nano.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I had mine rethreaded In 1/2-28 So my Tirant will work.
we could not get the barrel out....tried many ways.

Anybody else's rail not line up well with the receiver?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#34]
What do you mean? You couldn't get the barrel nut off, or, after the nut was removed, the barrel was stuck in the receiver?

I have no issues with my rail alignment.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What do you mean? You couldn't get the barrel nut off, or, after the nut was removed, the barrel was stuck in the receiver?

I have no issues with my rail alignment.
View Quote

Barrel nut would not budge. And my rail is just slightly off.

Range report: 300 rounds through 7 different mags since adding the washer and not a single issue.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Accuracy report--anybody??
Please someone shoot some +P HP 124s and let us know how well it shoots.
With the washer fix, now we need to know if it will shoot well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Clearview Investment says its a Mag Tactical Systems LDR9MM

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/nano9mmcarbine.aspx

But a search for Mag Tactical Systems LDR9MM yeilds zip, Mag Tactical Systems page is http://www.magtacticalsystems.com/  
but go to that page and I can't find anything on that gun at all...

View Quote

So is this just some cruel hoax or is thing for real??
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I just fired my first 100 rounds through the Nano, and I gotta say...I'm in love.

There was one problem, and it illustrates what I think is a small design flaw: on the very first round, I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Upon examination, the bolt wasn't in battery, because the extractor had not engaged the cartridge lip. I had this happen a few times cycling it at home, and it was because I rode the bolt forward a little while releasing it, which robbed it of just enough force that it failed to actuate the extractor and go into battery. It can happen on lots of guns, and it's easy to avoid if you're conscious of how you're releasing the bolt/slide, but the Nano just feels a bit pickier about the minimum amount of force needed. Every mag change after that went fine, so it was just a matter of getting to know the system.

Other than the single operator error, I encountered zero failures of any kind, and the Korean mags worked flawlessly. The recoil was almost non-existent, and I was able to keep my sights damn near on the same spot after each round. Even the telltale AR 'sproing' sound was low pitched and relatively quiet.

Here's a picture of my target at 25 yards: http://i.imgur.com/wlssgbY.jpg. The target on the right is where I started sighting it in, then I adjusted and moved to the left target and stayed there for a while. The hits on the smaller targets were just me doing some quick acquisition drills after I was comfortable with the function.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I just fired my first 100 rounds through the Nano, and I gotta say...I'm in love.

There was one problem, and it illustrates what I think is a small design flaw: on the very first round, I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Upon examination, the bolt wasn't in battery, because the extractor had not engaged the cartridge lip. I had this happen a few times cycling it at home, and it was because I rode the bolt forward a little while releasing it, which robbed it of just enough force that it failed to actuate the extractor and go into battery. It can happen on lots of guns, and it's easy to avoid if you're conscious of how you're releasing the bolt/slide, but the Nano just feels a bit pickier about the minimum amount of force needed. Every mag change after that went fine, so it was just a matter of getting to know the system.

Other than the single operator error, I encountered zero failures of any kind, and the Korean mags worked flawlessly. The recoil was almost non-existent, and I was able to keep my sights damn near on the same spot after each round. Even the telltale AR 'sproing' sound was low pitched and relatively quiet.

Here's a picture of my target at 25 yards: http://i.imgur.com/wlssgbY.jpg. The target on the right is where I started sighting it in, then I adjusted and moved to the left target and stayed there for a while. The hits on the smaller targets were just me doing some quick acquisition drills after I was comfortable with the function.
View Quote

What sights, what ammo, etc.?

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Just regular old iron sights, but I set it up where both sights are apertures. While I am using the front sight post right now, my goal is to remove it and start developing a "combat accurate" method that does not obscure any target area. The theory (not mine) is that our minds have an intrinsic ability to find the center of a circle. If the theory is true, then a front sight post becomes superfluous once we refine that innate skill. That's long term though. Right now, I'm just using a tandem aperture with a standard AR front sight post.

I used half PMC and half Remington ammo, both 115 grains.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#41]
OK had to add sights (fixed a1 type less then 30 bucks) was able to hit a 12 inch gong at 100 meters 17 out of 17 times rapid fire 1 round a second.  also added red dot a flashlight and its still under 7 lbs with a 33 round stick mag with 115 grain hollow points.. Thumbs UP
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Dang... hesitated too long.   Looks like Centerfire is out.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I would love one...but I just can't get over the magazine.  If the magwell was straight up and down I would bite.  That angle backwards just annoys me.

So close.  
View Quote

You're not alone...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/762minigun/media/20150222_165428_zps0irtgkvi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/762minigun/20150222_165428_zps0irtgkvi.jpg</a>

Nanope
View Quote

I much prefer that look....
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, I actually prefer a straight magazine to the Nano's rearward angle, but it seemed like a pretty trivial complaint compared to the other potential problems, so I prioritized it low.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Dang... hesitated too long.   Looks like Centerfire is out.  
View Quote
I ordered one last week when I saw the "soon to be out of stock" warning.  Picked it up from the shop today.  E-filed SBR form 1 tonight.  

CHRIS

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#47]

After firing 100 rounds, I opened it up and took a look. There's zero evidence of bolt tilt, although maybe those symptoms wouldn't be noticeable until more rounds are fired through it..? I'll get a better look at it after I clean it, but there was only one issue I saw: wear marks where the charging handle slides along the receiver slot. I expect wear there, but it seems like a lot for this small amount of use. I'm wondering if maybe the machining on the charging handle isn't quite right and it's rubbing the receiver in unintended ways. If so, maybe the receiver is just being broken in (beats me).

I'll update this post once I take a closer look and get a picture of the wear.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#48]
I was really interested in this when it came out. Wanted another 9mm carbine.
I have owned a Sub 2000, Chinese UZI and a Vector UZI and still have a Colt 6450.

Hope they get the problems worked out but seems too Hesse-like still.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#49]
http://i.imgur.com/RTUrelN.jpg

Here's the receiver wear I mentioned a few days ago. The inner wear line looks like it's cause by a difference in the angles of the receiver edge and the charging handle section that touches that edge, so I'm guessing that's just a matter of not properly mating those two angles. However, the outer wear line is a little more mysterious. I can't see a reason for it to be there. Maybe there's a torquing force during the cycle that's twisting the bolt slightly clockwise and pushing the top of the charging handle upward. There's no corresponding wear line at the bottom of the charging handle channel, so there's definitely something weird going on.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I finally got around to shooting mine.  33rd Korean mags fed bulk Rem/UMC 115gr RN ammo just fine. The included 15rd mag didn't like Corbon 90gr HP at all. First round of mag popped right into the chamber, second was a malfunction. Round ejected and bolt slammed into the side of following round squashing up the HP.  

I could NOT get the thread protector off with the barrel on the upper.

I pulled the handguard to see if my replacement was going to work. Surprisingly, there is no index pin.  I may pin the barrel in position after my tax stamp clears and I get it cut down. Test fit of a standard barrel nut plus Samson Evolution 7 looks like it is going to work.

I'll clamp up the barrel and try the thread protector again with it out of the receiver.

Everything is still off now.  I'll add some pictures if you guys are interested.

CHRIS

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top