Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as all of their cycles are synchronized, everything will be just fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know, let's start with not crashing and burning into the stadium as has been postulated here?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure I know what "nail it" means in this context.  If a pilot can't fly in formation they have no business in the cockpit.  It is a flyover not a Blue Angels or Thunderbirds performance.

I don't know, let's start with not crashing and burning into the stadium as has been postulated here?

Might want to take in your sarcasm meter for a recalibration on Monday.  I don't think anyone actually thinks this is even the most remote possibility in real life.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Might want to take in your sarcasm meter for a recalibration on Monday.  I don't think anyone actually thinks this is even the most remote possibility in real life.
View Quote

Hahaha this is GD.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Who the heck pays attention to the gender makeup of flyover jets? They fly over, and then the game starts. What does it matter whether it's all women or all men? Nobody cares.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They gonna draw a sky gash?
View Quote

If they did they would be honored, and told how brave they are...
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who the heck pays attention to the gender makeup of flyover jets? They fly over, and then the game starts. What does it matter whether it's all women or all men? Nobody cares.
View Quote

Politicians apparently. It never crossed my mind, but here we are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How many black female pilots do you think there are?
View Quote
"Women comprise just 7 percent of the 48,308 active duty, National Guard and reserve pilots now serving in the military. Of those 3,314 female pilots, only 72 identified as African American or Black, according to military data obtained by McClatchy."
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what happens when they nail it? Does this thread get memory holed?
View Quote

I don't think asking trained pilots to fly over a giant stadium without smashing into something is a very high hurdle...
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When is the Superbowl, anyway?

I've not seen it in years.

No interest.

Back when Ted Turner would put 'Gone with the Wind on as an alternative I'd watch that.
View Quote

Frankly my dear Pic I don’t give a damn (either).

Been a good five years or more for me.   I had great times with friends on Sunday’s watching football.  The game is not what it was, the league can go suck a bag of dirty dildos.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Pink smoke or red smoke?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Honest question. Would she want to be added to a flyover because of her gender? I’d imagine the rank and file hate this kind of shit.
View Quote

Anything offered to her based solely upon gender is ignored.

Were she ordered to fly it would be different; much mutterings of “this is bullshit”.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pink smoke or red smoke?
View Quote

Also, what are their pronouns?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That’s very cool and congrats to you both.

I don’t think many would have an issue if women were selected because they had earned it. The issue for me is the team was selected based on whatever merit the Commodore or Skipper or whoever chose. And then the SECNAV specifically said no to those deserving dudes and selected unquestionable less qualified pilots due to their gender. Less qualified because one had a hook slap at the ship and another is super junior and a guy with the same experience would never have been selected.

Also, I wonder if day one of a war with China if the first sorties will be women?

Not directed to you or your daughter……I’m just rambling in general. I just wish people could be judged based on merit and not other things.
View Quote

Generally speaking flying against China, Russia, or other enemies is what they live for.

They would really love to get to Africa and address some of the organizations wandering around there kidnapping and murdering schools full of kids.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t get all the hubbub over women formation flying.
It’s not a new thing after all.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It should be robots
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Meh.

My knee-jerk reaction is to be annoyed with the pandering.  However, I have 2 daughters who both have have .mil jet pilot boyfriends and they don’t give 2 shits.  So……vicariously…..i don’t waste any energy hating on this either.
View Quote

I can see that.  It’s not like they get box seats at the game after the fly by.  It just a mission from their point of view.  Patsy Schroeder approved though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Turns out the same pilots will be flying as normal, they just have all determined their gender identity to be female.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess the men are all off protecting us against balloons.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/11/navy-flyover-aviators-commemorate-women/

Turns out the same pilots will be flying as normal, they just have all determined their gender identity to be female.

Oh kind of like Russian pilots that weren’t in N. Korean or N. Viet Namese Migs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They gonna draw a sky gash?
View Quote

You’ve heard of a split S maneuver?  They’ll be flying a split V.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
what's the cost for a midair collision of F18s over a 2 billion stadium filled with 100K people?
View Quote

Priceless.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, they probably should have planned the flyover without any hype, then revealed that they were all women after the fact. For the shock factor.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Priceless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what's the cost for a midair collision of F18s over a 2 billion stadium filled with 100K people?

Priceless.
Why exactly are we rooting for airplanes to crash killing pilots and American citizens again?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And the world continues to laugh at us...............   What are they going to do in the next superbowl.......  an all transgender flyover and singing of the LGBTQ anthem....
View Quote

Planes will have rainbow paint job.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I unfortunately sat through Maverick, so I already knew that our nation’s best fighter pilot is a Hispanic woman.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Frankly my dear Pic I don’t give a damn (either).

Been a good five years or more for me.   I had great times with friends on Sunday’s watching football.  The game is not what it was, the league can go suck a bag of dirty dildos.
View Quote

Used to mean Monday off for us based in Europe.  Never watched anyway back in BC.  That's Before Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Planes will have rainbow paint job.
View Quote

Well if that’s what you want then they should fly a series of rolling scissors over the stadium.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s just tax dollars.  Those are infinite
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My daughter is a Naval Aviator, E2Ds, currently a WTI at Fallon.

Her female aviator friends and acquaintances fly because they like flying.

She says carrier shots are the best thing ever.

The bottom line is that they get to fly really cool things, much like men…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310365/05E5C49A-D211-470B-8DB8-EDFE019CF50D_jpe-2708271.JPG
View Quote

These threads are nothing buy GD’s basement dwellers displaying their own self-consciousness over some chicks doing things they never could.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

These threads are nothing buy GD's basement dwellers displaying their own self-consciousness over some chicks doing things they never could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daughter is a Naval Aviator, E2Ds, currently a WTI at Fallon.

Her female aviator friends and acquaintances fly because they like flying.

She says carrier shots are the best thing ever.

The bottom line is that they get to fly really cool things, much like men

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310365/05E5C49A-D211-470B-8DB8-EDFE019CF50D_jpe-2708271.JPG

These threads are nothing buy GD's basement dwellers displaying their own self-consciousness over some chicks doing things they never could.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

They flew right over my house yesterday, didn’t crash thankfully.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

These threads are nothing buy GD’s basement dwellers displaying their own self-consciousness over some chicks doing things they never could.
View Quote

I can't give birth either...
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wouldn’t you be proud to be not picked for your ability or talent but rather just because a statement needs to be made and your vagina is good enough.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another teenage level garbage post that should join where your pizza should have ended up.

The overwhelming majority of GD simply wants individuals to ascend based upon their merits. Human beings are flawed, so that process was never without defect, but it was largely the foundation for building the greatest nation the world has ever seen. We as a nation seem to be parting from that process to a slightly greater degree every year.

Keep posting your low brow garbage, if you must, but please stop making pizza.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why are they having female pilots fly over the football playoff game thing?   They are playing black national anthem, but that is not enough.  Needs to be black pilots.
View Quote

Why are they wasting our tax dollars flying over a private sporting event?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should and you will when they attempt to take your job whatever you do for a living.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Another teenage level garbage post that should join where your pizza should have ended up.

The overwhelming majority of GD simply wants individuals to ascend based upon their merits. Human beings are flawed, so that process was never without defect, but it was largely the foundation for building the greatest nation the world has ever seen. We as a nation seem to be parting from that process to a slightly greater degree every year.

View Quote

It’s a commemoration and celebration of 50 years of women in naval aviation, not some diversity hire statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/super-bowl-lvii-flyover-commemorate-50-years-women-flying-us-navy
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's a commemoration and celebration of 50 years of women in naval aviation, not some diversity hire statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/super-bowl-lvii-flyover-commemorate-50-years-women-flying-us-navy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a commemoration and celebration of 50 years of women in naval aviation, not some diversity hire statement.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Why
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#40]
They're Navy, they're aircraft qualified, they're female, that's all the Navy wanted.  This is the 50th anniversary of female aviators so that's why they're doing this.  

One of the pilot's interviewed said she's never done a slow pass over a populated area and she's "very nervous".  Good luck with that, sportsball fans!
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s a commemoration and celebration of 50 years of women in naval aviation, not some diversity hire statement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It that what “GD’s basement dwellers” are so jealous of? 50 years of women naval aviators? I can’t keep track of your goalpost shifting.

Also, you should probably consider dialing back your “GD basement dwellers” rhetoric. Your kitchen appears to be lower middle class. Tract home? .19 acre lot?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure I know what "nail it" means in this context.  If a pilot can't fly in formation they have no business in the cockpit.  It is a flyover not a Blue Angels or Thunderbirds performance.

As long as they follow plan, they’ll be fine, I’m sure.  As long as they do a better job than those rotary wing guys that got their turn screwed up..
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why are they wasting our tax dollars flying over a private sporting event?
View Quote

They roll flyovers into already scheduled training flights, plus recruitment is still a thing. Being over a point at a specific time is the same as a time on target strike.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#44]
how many biologists did it take?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Pink smoke or red smoke?
View Quote

Each with a different color to make a rainbow.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#46]
You know it is black history month. Why are we not flying all black pilots???
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
the most important lesson of equality is that we're not all the same
View Quote

Free people are not equal.
Equal people are not free.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
asking the real question.

a lack of trans pilots is clearly racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any trans pilots?
asking the real question.

a lack of trans pilots is clearly racist.

Evidence that the US military is involved in trans genocide. I bet there are black ops programs dedicated to genociding the trans!

Attachment Attached File

@Federov @J-Pat
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For pity sake...next thing you know we will be allowing these women to vote.

Why does shit like this make the news?  
View Quote

Because immigrants and women allegedly took their jobs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. If they're good at it, I don't care what parts they have in their pants.

But if they get the job because of those parts, that's what pisses me off, regardless which set of parts they have.

"More than half the women in my administration are women"-Joe Biden.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top