User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would want to have them define "small" farm.  These might be 1-5 acres, and all of them combined might not have the output of a single medium sized farm in the US.
View Quote

I don't think most people here understand how small the Netherlands is, how crowded it is, or how intensive their production is. There's nothing comparable like it in the US.

They aren't Sri Lanka, these issues should be quite easy to work out.

The really stupid part of this is the treaty trying to "preserve" anything in the Netherlands, which is all influenced by millennia of human activity already.

The goal should be improvement to better meet human needs. Top-down edicts are always problematic.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lake Erie had a algae bloom that caused the water intakes to be shut of briefly for a couple cities. They blamed it on nitrogen run off from agriculture
View Quote

Which is bullshit.

Yes, a portion comes from ag.  But a whole bunch comes from runoff from residential lawn treatment and untreated sewage from outdated and poorly run civic treatment systems  - yes, untreated sewage is still dumped into waterways on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like the Dutch OD'd on that AOC kool-aid.

well, they voted for those politicians, govt, they get what they deserve.  Ultimate stupidity.
View Quote

So did the USA then.

What if, all elections, world wide, are rigged?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy your tulips now...
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t care
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which is bullshit.

Yes, a portion comes from ag.  But a whole bunch comes from runoff from residential lawn treatment and untreated sewage from outdated and poorly run civic treatment systems  - yes, untreated sewage is still dumped into waterways on a regular basis.
View Quote

EPA sued the fuck out of Akron, and they’re spending upwards of a billion dollars to curb raw sewage dumping by.......a whopping 10%

You read that right , 10 , ten percent .

Government is a complete waste of resources on top of being evil
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The number is about 750 farms that wil be forces to close but they do get about 120-150% of their value as compensation. To be honest I myself would love my house to eminent domain'ed but I get that some people don't want that.

View Quote

They get 120% to 150% of what the government determines the value is, and in return they lose their ability to earn money in the future.

What a deal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Good chance it only gets worse from here on out...however, be of good courage bros.
Find Rest in the ranks of The King.

In a World of War, BE CALM | Dr. David Jeremiah | Matthew 24:6-7
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Joe Biden will put a stop to it.  I just know he will!
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why are we fucking with food production?
View Quote

Climate change n shit.

As one of Europe’s most prominent farming nations, half of the Netherlands’ emissions come from agricultural activity.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a big deal and it’s coming to America.  Look into Biden’s 30 by 30 plan.

Also lots of people in this thread said the Dutch farmers would do nothing.  Have you guys not watched the news? The Dutch farmers have been protesting and shutting down cities for a year now.

I’m a American farmer and I can tell you this country will be fucked by 2030.  If you’re not producing your own food you should start now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They get 120% to 150% of what the government determines the value is, and in return they lose their ability to earn money in the future.

What a deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The number is about 750 farms that wil be forces to close but they do get about 120-150% of their value as compensation. To be honest I myself would love my house to eminent domain'ed but I get that some people don't want that.

What a deal.

Who wouldn't want to sell value farmland for fiat CBDC.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
“Nitrogen Minister”?

Holy shit.
View Quote

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
never getting to 500,000,000 without hard work

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck the Netherlands or whoever that is
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Lol!!!

That’s exactly what Venezuela did!  And now they can’t grow their own food for the last 2 decades. Talk about history repeating itself.

Communisms first goal is starvation. Well, 2nd to taking the guns. Then comes starvation.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Centralized control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Centralized control.

And these types always use food as a weapon.

Always.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is not about climate change but about nitrogen deposition in the surrounding area affecting protected nature reserves that we are treaty bound to protect. We have some sandy land areas with poor soil that are home to certain species that dissapear if the soil gets better and that were the problem lies.

I myself say 'fuck it commies' but it is the law and the farms could tecnically stay IF they would be able to not have stuff land next to them but this is often cost prohibative. NL is a microscopic country with one of the highest population densities in Yurp and thus the wold but we are a large produce exporter due to high intensity of our farms. The govenment was fine and pro farmers UNTIL eviromental groups started a test case to forece the gov to act and they won

Like I said I would just say fuck that treaty bullshit but people get all senitive about that.

Shithead that did the test case

https://images0.persgroep.net/rcs/2n-u2MrR_f4bafsLaVCCBa8oLGc/diocontent/157021444/_fitwidth/763?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1279&quality=0.8&desiredformat=webp

View Quote

Its likely not just the loss of property.  In effect they are killing their career as well because its unlikely they can establish a new farm or take over an existing farm.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Depressing thread.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Somebody should be shooting by now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#25]
In before Dutch mail order brides.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Farmers have lots of equipment to dig tank traps, tiger pits, string concertina wire, and otherwise create area denial...Diesel and other chemicals, etc. Preparation is the key.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope the farmers are planning
View Quote

It's called plannting, sir.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#28]
But don't worry, the elites won't miss any meals or suffer from a freezing home.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wonder if the citizenry has arms over there in the Netherlands, cuz they’re gonna need ‘em.
View Quote

There was a lot of stuff left laying around that made its way into barns and basements after WW2. But the current condition is a big question.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#30]
We deserve the bad things that happen to us.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#31]
World Economic Fascists and their defenders need to learn a lesson to NOT be Tyrants.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:15:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Man made famine here we come
Time for your own exit from the hellspawns running the EU
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Tristate City - The Reason to Bankrupt Dutch Farmers - The Netherlands

Well then.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There was a lot of stuff left laying around that made its way into barns and basements after WW2. But the current condition is a big question.
View Quote

Yes it did.  Took a wrong turn and ended up at a farm.  They all have stuff they plowed up.  Including piles of 75mm HE for Pack 75s.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't think China can feed themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's almost as if the elites *want* poverty and starvation for some reason.

I'm sure China, who isn't really subject to these sorts of climate actions, will step up and sell the world food.

Once the WEF pushes food prices high enough, it'll be profitable enough for China to do a better job of it.  And heck... maybe that's why the WEF is so hell-bent on causing starvation, and why they continue to do it in ways that hurts the Western world, but not so much China.  Maybe they want depopulation, maybe they're in China's pocket books.  Maybe both, who knows.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Once the WEF pushes food prices high enough, it'll be profitable enough for China to do a better job of it.  And heck... maybe that's why the WEF is so hell-bent on causing starvation, and why they continue to do it in ways that hurts the Western world, but not so much China.  Maybe they want depopulation, maybe they're in China's pocket books.  Maybe both, who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's almost as if the elites *want* poverty and starvation for some reason.

I'm sure China, who isn't really subject to these sorts of climate actions, will step up and sell the world food.

There's no "maybe".

The Chinese suck at innovating new technology, but are great at playing the long term game.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have no idea about their taxes, but taxes on farmland here is nothing
View Quote

Wish I could say the same.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?
Kill usable energy. More people die from cold than from heat.
Kill excess food.  Why not add some starvation too.  

These fuckers are wanting people dead.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Its likely not just the loss of property.  In effect they are killing their career as well because its unlikely they can establish a new farm or take over an existing farm.

View Quote

It’s the loss of a livelihood.

It’s the loss of the land.

It’s the loss of a particular lifestyle that non-farmers will never understand.

It’s the loss of family history.  Of connection to that piece of property.  Memories.  Sweat.  Tears.  Blood.

I’ll die in a pile of brass before the government gets my land.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Then starve you stupid m-fuckers.  
View Quote

You think the folks making the rules are going to do without?

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Too much of it can really wreak havoc on waterways, since it is a nutrient, overgrowth of certain species of plant life and algae blooms. So I'm assuming their issue is runoff.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope this works out for them as well as Europe boycotting natural gas.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You think the folks making the rules are going to do without?

View Quote
Yeah, just like FJB and his elite did with the lobster at the state dinner after shutting down Maine lobster grounds
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Isn't nitrogen and carbon dioxide literally plant food...
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
IF this actually comes to pass, we shall see what those farmers are made of.
View Quote

Nothing.

They had their chance to rebel.

Now the government has corrected the flaws in their plans and will kill them.

People don't seem to quite understand the whole concept of watering the Tree of Liberty for some reason...
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Whats the difference between this and blacks forcibly removing white farmers from their farmer in South Africa, Zimbabwe etc?
View Quote

Well they're both Commies so... nothing. It's all a stepping stone towards the Sovietization of the world.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
new zealand govt is going to tax farmers on emissions. We are not far behind.
Our dear leader is also a klaus schwab ball gargler.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/432086/Poem_by_Martin_Niemoeller_at_the_the_Hol-2617626.JPG
and this is why 'they' will win.

View Quote

Well you fucking turnips decided to turn in your guns quietly instead of taking the fight to them; what level of sympathy do you actually expect?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Where are the people fed by those farms supposed to get their food?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#50]
I guess we’ll see if there are any Europeans with a set of balls left on that continent. I bet there are still some WW2 caches around here and there. Nah…there are no Europeans with balls left on that continent.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top