User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The same gun would be 10+1 in 9mm... with the same 1 spare mag you're looking at 21 versus 17... or almost 25% moar chances to stop the fight.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its 8+1 with a spare mag. And it carries more comfortably than my g17.  I artee you give up some rounds to certain other guns but not a g36 or this shield.  

The same gun would be 10+1 in 9mm... with the same 1 spare mag you're looking at 21 versus 17... or almost 25% moar chances to stop the fight.  

Unless my spare mag Is a scary black Wilson 10 rounder
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I would get both... why not? shot placement though is a poor comeback.. who is going to be able to think like that when someone pulls a gun on them,, most people will shard themselves, then if they are lucky be able to pull their weapon out half assed while attempting to stay alive and fire.

sorry it doesnt work like: oh $hit.. someone pulled a gun on me, i need to pull my weapon out and shoot them in the XXX

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
.45ACP in a carry gun makes zero sense, but whatever floats your boat.
View Quote

Dumbest comment ever . And I've read ALL of Gym's posts .
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, make your case for a .45ACP carry gun.  I'll wait.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It goes BANG!  And kills things.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

And a gun the same size in 9X19 goes bang and stops things (killing is incidental and not really relevant) more times between reloads.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its 8+1 with a spare mag. And it carries more comfortably than my g17.  I artee you give up some rounds to certain other guns but not a g36 or this shield.  

Again due to the eliteness and skill of those who generally carry .45acp, we need way fewer rounds.  1 round per bad guy usually does it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Again due to the eliteness and skill of those who generally carry .45acp, we need way fewer rounds.  1 round per bad guy usually does it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, nursing homes usually are fairly safe, so there's that.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Kinda like gun free zones are usually safe? :P
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who you calling old whipper snapper??

*ducks on a pond
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep.

And a gun the same size in 9X19 goes bang and stops things (killing is incidental and not really relevant) more times between reloads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I don't plan to carry one into combat and I highly doubt I will get in a fight that will require any reloading.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Some days I wanna ask for my membership dues back.

After the Die Hard movies started, some folks just can't comprehend that there are a lot of folks still carrying modern 1911's.

I have the 9mm Shield. Sweet little gun. I want the 45 since I have ammo for it too. Looks like the grip texture has been significantly improved, not that I had any complaints about the texture on the 9mm. The only thing that concerns me on the 45 is that it's thicker across the slide and the real appeal to me has always been how slender the Shield is. It just slides right in my front pocket.

Julie Golub from S&W has a youtube video where she talks about it. She's almost too nice, almost annoying, but she points out the differences without the typical attitude.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Some bullet didn't get enough of a powder charge at the factory, a one in a billion chance, and you use that as justification>  You realize the exact same problem can happen to ANY round in existence?  That's a manufacturing issue not a round issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two months ago there was a shooting with NYPD where a guys carHart jacket had a few 9mm ammo fail to penetrate the jacket. While this was probably an ammo problem, it still happend.

Some bullet didn't get enough of a powder charge at the factory, a one in a billion chance, and you use that as justification>  You realize the exact same problem can happen to ANY round in existence?  That's a manufacturing issue not a round issue.
It didn't happen.  The initial rumors were wrong.  The ammunition functioned perfectly and was not hindered by the coat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-police-bullets-didn-bounce-knife-wielding-psycho-article-1.2659348
https://youtu.be/A4FqEEgq9eA
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So basically the bullet penetrated the front of the jacket, through the thug, but didn't exit the back of the jacket.  Like properly designed expanding ammo.  Gee who'd have thunk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two months ago there was a shooting with NYPD where a guys carHart jacket had a few 9mm ammo fail to penetrate the jacket. While this was probably an ammo problem, it still happend.

It didn't happen.  The initial rumors were wrong.  The ammunition functioned perfectly and was not hindered by the coat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-police-bullets-didn-bounce-knife-wielding-psycho-article-1.2659348

So basically the bullet penetrated the front of the jacket, through the thug, but didn't exit the back of the jacket.  Like properly designed expanding ammo.  Gee who'd have thunk?

But .45ACP is so powerful that even the rumors tear limbs off....
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you seen the results they are getting on the thugs at the old folks home?  Impressive huh?

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I carry a G41 (That is the Glock 45 with the 5.3 " barrel) so Im all fucked up in the head. Lighter than the 1911 I used to lug around.

any...back to the caliber argument...

Taking my woman out to try a G19 and a G30 to see which one she shoots better. The one she likes better is the one Ill get her.

Just shoot what you like and who gives a fuck

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Best answer when choosing a caliber for a sub compact single stack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just shoot what you like and who gives a fuck

Best answer when choosing a caliber for a sub compact single stack.

Or any weapon for that matter. Shoot whatever you shoot well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not wrong.

The .45ACP is a great cartridge, fun as shit at the range, super cool suppressed.  But in a carry gun you're either adding size/weight or giving up capacity (or both) in exchange for nothing useful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol..   wrong

Not wrong.

The .45ACP is a great cartridge, fun as shit at the range, super cool suppressed.  But in a carry gun you're either adding size/weight or giving up capacity (or both) in exchange for nothing useful.

Any 45acp handgun is much more accurate in my hand than most 9mms. I don't know if it's me or the guns, but that's enough reason for me to prefer 45acp for carry and HD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not really.  .45ACP won't fit in a gun that could realistically be called "subcompact".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.45ACP in a subcompact carry gun makes zero sense, but whatever floats your boat.

lol..   wrong

There.  Now it's right.

Not really.  .45ACP won't fit in a gun that could realistically be called "subcompact".

The 45 Shield is barely any bigger than the 9mm version. It holds 6 in the flush mag which is the same as the .40 and one less than the 9mm model.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top