Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Pregnant women in the military.  What a disgrace
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The first thing this SMA has done that doesn't make sense OR help the lower enlisted... IMO. Other than being a LEG Ranger, which doesn't exist
View Quote
Big difference between serving in a Ranger Batt and going to a school.  Airborne is not a prerequisite to attend Ranger school.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
that has to be a big oh crap moment when they won't watch your kid again.

I am glad to see you helped those folks not get court martialed.....you would think those commanders would understand how to play the game.
View Quote
when I entered the Army in the early 1990s, an officer normally didn't become a company commander until year 7 of service.  He/she would have four years as a 2LT/1LT at the company level with at least 2 years as a platoon leader and a year as a company executive officer (2nd in command).  Then he/she would pin on Captain, go to their branch's Officer Advanced Course, go to a battalion and be a staff officer for a couple of years, then take command.  So you're talking about someone approaching 30yo with roughly 7 years as an officer, so he/she would be a lot more seasoned, experienced, and mature.

When I left the Army in the mid 2000s, an officer normally spent 12 months as a platoon leader and then got whisked off to fill a Captain's job on battalion staff, got promoted to Captain at 3 years, and went straight to company command from their Officer Advanced Course.  So now the person is 25-26yo and has 3.5-4 years experience, with very little of it actually leading/managing troops.  That's a recipe for someone who is very inexperienced and immature as a company commander, and becomes a commander who either listens too much or not at all to his senior NCO advisors.

Interestingly, within the limits of my experience and speaking directly to that early-to-mid-2000s experience, I found the male commanders either were good or tended to listen too much to their NCOs,  but nearly all the female commanders were know-it-alls who wouldn't listen to any advice from anyone.  Oh, they'd ask for advice, then argue with you to tell you why your advice was wrong.  I suspect the females were that way because they had received heaps of praise for meeting the standard and thus thought they were infallible.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got a question. Let’s says you are a woman in the army.

U get preggers

You have the baby

Who then watched the baby?
View Quote
Jody
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is the maternity version, a big seller.
View Quote
Yep, especially right before a deployment.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WTF?!?
View Quote
I am so glad I retire soon! Then I can get away from the Army playing all their fuck-fuck games with uniforms and goddamn tranny inclusion.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It blows my mind that there’s actually a specific uniform for pregnant women.  

Are pregnant women exempted for PT requirements?  In the interest of equality, shouldn’t men be able to get 9-month periods of special uniforms and reduced requirements/duties?
View Quote
special diets and massages
never ever allowed to go more than two days without a hot shower and clean clothes
and a guaranteed minimum of 8 (uninterupted) hours of sleep every night...with clean sheets and warm blankets
and nutritious snacks and a on-demand cravings quadcopter delivery service.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I suspect the females were that way because they had received heaps of praise for meeting the standard and thus thought they were infallible.
View Quote
Could this not be part of the pc agenda I was talking about? Tag, the corners yours..

Now we’re at a point where babies and mom are an issue with deployment and transgender medical needs are an on going fight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
We don't need another uniform. This not a replacement for the ASU, this is a fucking waste of money and a goddamn disgrace.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We don't need another uniform. This not a replacement for the ASU, this is a fucking waste of money and a goddamn disgrace.
View Quote
Well, it’s good for the surplus businesses.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
if you mandate birth control for females then you have to mandate something similar for males. Females are not the only ones fucking or getting fucked
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wouldn't need a preggo uniform if they would just mandate birth control pills for splittails in service.

Want a baby? Not on Uncle Sam's time.
if you mandate birth control for females then you have to mandate something similar for males. Females are not the only ones fucking or getting fucked
Step away from the crayons.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
when I entered the Army in the early 1990s, an officer normally didn't become a company commander until year 7 of service.  He/she would have four years as a 2LT/1LT at the company level with at least 2 years as a platoon leader and a year as a company executive officer (2nd in command).  Then he/she would pin on Captain, go to their branch's Officer Advanced Course, go to a battalion and be a staff officer for a couple of years, then take command.  So you're talking about someone approaching 30yo with roughly 7 years as an officer, so he/she would be a lot more seasoned, experienced, and mature.

When I left the Army in the mid 2000s, an officer normally spent 12 months as a platoon leader and then got whisked off to fill a Captain's job on battalion staff, got promoted to Captain at 3 years, and went straight to company command from their Officer Advanced Course.  So now the person is 25-26yo and has 3.5-4 years experience, with very little of it actually leading/managing troops.  That's a recipe for someone who is very inexperienced and immature as a company commander, and becomes a commander who either listens too much or not at all to his senior NCO advisors.

Interestingly, within the limits of my experience and speaking directly to that early-to-mid-2000s experience, I found the male commanders either were good or tended to listen too much to their NCOs,  but nearly all the female commanders were know-it-alls who wouldn't listen to any advice from anyone.  Oh, they'd ask for advice, then argue with you to tell you why your advice was wrong.  I suspect the females were that way because they had received heaps of praise for meeting the standard and thus thought they were infallible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am glad to see you helped those folks not get court martialed.....you would think those commanders would understand how to play the game.

Damn...that's messed up.

Maturity takes time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Could this not be part of the pc agenda I was talking about? Tag, the corners yours..

Now we’re at a point where babies and mom are an issue with deployment and transgender medical needs are an on going fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect the females were that way because they had received heaps of praise for meeting the standard and thus thought they were infallible.

The US military has become a jobs and social welfare program, plain and simple.  Everyone loves a rags-to-rank-and-responsibility story, and the military is full of those.  But discussing impacts on force readiness in terms of SPC Shaniqua, who receives an extra $900/m apiece from no less than three senior NCOs who are her 3 kids’ baby daddies, is RAYCISS.  BTW, that SPC is a true story.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

never ever allowed to go more than two days without a hot shower and clean clothes
and a guaranteed minimum of 8 (uninterupted) hours of sleep every night...with clean sheets and warm blankets
View Quote
I don't even get all that
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are pregnant women exempted for PT requirements?  In the interest of equality, shouldn’t men be able to get 9-month periods of special uniforms and reduced requirements/duties?
View Quote
Transgender?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that a joke??

Im not military but I'm guessing some of that is true.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She looks preggo
View Quote
Literally a maternity dress?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Gee, didn't they have a uniform that looked like that in 1945?  Except that enlisted didn't have khaki trousers.

When's the last time that the Marines made a major change to their uniforms.  Okay, chicks are now or soon will be dressing like men but other than that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have yet to have an answer to the question "what benefit does the military get for having women in service" that doesn't include the terms "diversity" "inclusion" "opportunity" or some other term in that vein. Even women realize there is no up side to the mission of killing people and breaking things by adding chicks to the mix.
View Quote
Originally, it was to free up men so they could go overseas and break shit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those uniforms look sharp (other than MAJ Preggo) but they look a lot like they are ripping off the USMC uniform. I am curious what our resident Marines think of it.
View Quote
They found a way back machine and are going back to WW II.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, that's all fucked up.  No wonder you will never answer my question regarding your ability to access your COE via online methods.  I ask to see if your account might be messed up as occasionally it happens as per the school certifying official at the school I work at and if that were the case, I could have put you in contact with him to initiate a quick fix.  But hey, trying to get a real answer from you is like pulling teeth and since I can't get the answers out of resistant people the way I want, guess you can suffer in silence.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#24]
That's the maternity uniform.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL By the time it becomes mandatory, another uniform will replace it.

I waited until the last possible moment to buy the new ASU.  Never wore it once and now it just sits in the closet next to the old green uniform.  One day I'll toss them on to the bonfire like I did my old ACUs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#27]
It's designed to hide pregnancy.  Or maybe it is a preventative measure.  Aesthetic birth control.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That’s definitely the maternity uniform.

Aka the pre-deployment female uniform
View Quote
THIS
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And a Major Preggo at that.
View Quote
Looks like an LTC to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm here, and rabidly anti-hormonal birth control, but I'm also ok with excluding women from the military.

Sorry I couldn't provide more drama.
View Quote
You just have to try harder.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep, there has never been a male enlisted who was unable to complete contractual obligations, due to their condition...
View Quote
Well, it sure as shit wasn't pregnancy that prevented fulfillment.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
She's pregnant you fucking morons
View Quote
GD does not beat around the bush.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wouldn't need a preggo uniform if they would just mandate birth control IMPLANTS for splittails in service.

View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep that is the "I am due for orders and will be deployed, so we better fix that" uniform.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is that a joke??

Im not military but I'm guessing some of that is true.
View Quote
LOL yeah its a joke...for now...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
if you mandate BIRTH control for females then you have to mandate something similar for males. Females are not the only ones fucking or getting fucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wouldn't need a preggo uniform if they would just mandate birth control pills for splittails in service.

if you mandate BIRTH control for females then you have to mandate something similar for males. Females are not the only ones fucking or getting fucked
They are the only ones giving BIRTH
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
When they put them in foxholes, they will need a lot of sacks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
GD does not beat around the bush.
View Quote
If you beat around the bush she may not get pregnant.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Damn, that's all fucked up.  No wonder you will never answer my question regarding your ability to access your COE via online methods.  I ask to see if your account might be messed up as occasionally it happens as per the school certifying official at the school I work at and if that were the case, I could have put you in contact with him to initiate a quick fix.  But hey, trying to get a real answer from you is like pulling teeth and since I can't get the answers out of resistant people the way I want, guess you can suffer in silence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I answered that question long ago, you just weren’t happy because you could not understand my reasoning.  So now you pathetically cyberstalk me to make your  Internet Penis throb.

Go find someone else to play Imitation Crab Meat with.

ETA I also point out to you this excerpt from the Addendum to the Code of Conduct:

Harassing another member over past threads or posts: Continually following another member around the site to attack another member over posts they have made, is considered harassment and will result in sanctions. The only exception to this rule, is when the original referenced posts are related to the current threads topic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That is the maternity version, hero.
View Quote
I can't believe this even has to be said
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Does having pregnant women in the military improve readiness and military efficiency?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes they are, and they have...like 3 or 6 months to get back into standards or something.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wait, seems the OP is playing fuck fuck games with the photo.

Here is the original showing the other female uniform.

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/1g3Yjx4evTQ0XiE4kfzevifjlt0=/600x0/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/MGM6U3EFL5GUPPFJ66CLOAGW3A.jpg
View Quote
I like the braid loop detail on the left.  Draws the eye to her breast.  Smart design, and good pairing with the maternity uniform.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I answered that question long ago, you just weren’t happy because you could not understand my reasoning.  So now you pathetically cyberstalk me to make your  Internet Penis throb.

Go find someone else to play Imitation Crab Meat with.

ETA I also point out to you this excerpt from the Addendum to the Code of Conduct:

Harassing another member over past threads or posts: Continually following another member around the site to attack another member over posts they have made, is considered harassment and will result in sanctions. The only exception to this rule, is when the original referenced posts are related to the current threads topic.

I could have reported you to Site Staff long ago, but perhaps it is better for everyone to see and judge you for your behavior.
View Quote
You stated that you received it via mail. I asked if you were able to check eBenefits or vets.gov to access your file, at the time you were adamant that you could only get your COE via mail and that anything online was not valid when that was simply not the fact.  The current online system is something that schools use and is in place for all current GI Bill students to utilize, if you are not, then something is up with your account and I would like to help you.

As for reporting, as I recall you accusing me of being gay/coming out of the closet.  While I am not gay and have no problem with people who are, I would say that your accusation is more of a harassment.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And transgenders?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The army is for pregnant women. Change my mind.
And transgenders?
Can be ejected from service.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#46]
That’s the maternity uniform
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes they are, and they have...like 3 or 6 months to get back into standards or something.
View Quote
Examples of this being enforced?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
She looks preggo
View Quote
Well the 'new' military has to have uniforms for the preggos.
Both enlisted and officer.  At all the 'levels.'
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Lol just awesome
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Those uniforms look sharp (other than MAJ Preggo) but they look a lot like they are ripping off the USMC uniform. I am curious what our resident Marines think of it.
View Quote
The Marine service uniform originated as the US Army uniform pressed into service with USMC buttons and collar insignia.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top