Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You just have to try harder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm here, and rabidly anti-hormonal birth control, but I'm also ok with excluding women from the military.

Sorry I couldn't provide more drama.
You just have to try harder.
Women can do anything men can do! Girl power! Women hold up half the sky! Uh....
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does having pregnant women in the military improve readiness and military efficiency?
View Quote
Have you seen the damage an angry pregosaurus rex can do?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love the retro look.

It's almost like they are subconsciously telling the women to go make a sammich.
View Quote
The rope on her uniform is used to tie her to the stove.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Marine service uniform originated as the US Army uniform pressed into service with USMC buttons and collar insignia.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Airborne is not a prerequisite to attend Ranger school.
View Quote
Lots of pushups.......lots and lots of push ups are
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe maternity?
View Quote
Yep

Horny soldiers like spreading that warrior seed.
Our ranks need filling.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It blows my mind that there’s actually a specific uniform for pregnant women.  

Are pregnant women exempted for PT requirements?  In the interest of equality, shouldn’t men be able to get 9-month periods of special uniforms and reduced requirements/duties?
View Quote
There were maternity uniforms during the Desert Storm era for all branches Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

0.05% what?

A LOT higher percent of all Soldiers are female that 0.05%, I guarantee you that.

Are you talking about combat arms only?
View Quote
No, the difference between new recruits before the new combat arms policy and after turned out to be .05% more enlisted females joining the Army in FY 2016 ending October 1st 2017
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is just a return to an old WWII style uniform.  So are you saying the Marines copied the Army uniform?  I don't think they did...

That being said, WTF are we already switching uniforms.  Stupid as fuck.  The first thing this SMA has done that doesn't make sense OR help the lower enlisted... IMO. Other than being a LEG Ranger, which doesn't exist
View Quote
I’d wager the majority of short tabbed soldiers are not airborne qualified let alone on jump status
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Women who get pregnant while on active duty should be charged with dereliction of duty and dishonorably discharged. They signed a contract to serve their country, not sit there on the tax payers dime not doing their job because they couldn't keep their legs closed.

To be fair, I also think a man who contracts an STD that results in him being unable to perform his duties should get the same treatment. People in the military should have to be combat ready at all times, and a pregnant woman is combat ineffective.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Well if they make the maternity uniform standard for all wome in service you save them time going to supply and the tax payer money.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#12]
That's retarded, sir, enlisted never wore pinks & greens.  Either matching dark shade olive serge or light OD aka "mustard" serge, never Olive Shade 54.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's retarded, sir, enlisted never wore pinks & greens.  Either matching dark shade olive serge or light OD aka "mustard" serge, never Olive Shade 54.
View Quote
It’s the Marine / Navy everyone has to be the same or women won’t get respect 2016 Ash Carter thing. See who’s just been put in the HASC - Tammy Duckwirth is one of the many female CongressPEOPLE then add Dem. Smith who’s now in charge and his views on transgender and females in the military
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Both

I don't pay taxes to have someone get knocked up and be out of commission for months
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they must be on welfare and unemployed to be considered a valid tax expenditure?

Or are pregnant .mil, federal employee equivalents, who work for a working wage, utilizing Tricare insurance?

Tell me again which one pisses you off...
Both

I don't pay taxes to have someone get knocked up and be out of commission for months
"Months"?   lol   Try "Years".

A female can enlist for 4yrs, get pregnant during Basic or AIT, have 3 kids on the taxpayer dime, and never deploy or go to the field after initial training.  Then 3 somebodies, somewhere will have their stateside stability time with their families (or just not being shot at or risking being blown up by IED) cut short in order to fill her billet 3 times for deployments.

At the end of 4 years she will have $0 medical bill debt, never risked an ingrown nail, never left the states, and she will still get full college benefits and probably a VA Disability Rating, perhaps for sciatica caused by her pregnancies or childbirth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#15]
That whole uniform change is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Get rid of the women.  Oh and the coloreds while we are at it.  And you have to speak English and be a U.S. citizen....The military is not a freaking citizenship program.
View Quote
You do have to speak English to be in the military. And it is also a citizenship program. I watched latin americans earning their citizenship in basic training across the street from me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#17]
OP is an idiot and a bad troll
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Marine service uniform originated as the US Army uniform pressed into service with USMC buttons and collar insignia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those uniforms look sharp (other than MAJ Preggo) but they look a lot like they are ripping off the USMC uniform. I am curious what our resident Marines think of it.
I heard the poor guys got stuck wearing a partial Aussie uniform for a while.

Seems like they've learned from their earlier uniform travails, though. Better than the Army has.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Examples of this being enforced?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are, and they have...like 3 or 6 months to get back into standards or something.
Examples of this being enforced?
It's an order/regulation for the USMC. Six months after being cleared for full duty, they must pass a PFT/CFT and make weight/tape.

And yeah, it's enforced.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seems like they've learned from their earlier uniform travails, though. Better than the Army has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those uniforms look sharp (other than MAJ Preggo) but they look a lot like they are ripping off the USMC uniform. I am curious what our resident Marines think of it.

Wait until the Teufelhunden find out The Marines fought under US Army Infantry Divisions during WWI, which is why you see Marines sporting 2nd Infantry Division (the indian head), etc patches on their uniforms.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not that I disagree with you, but as a ret. platoon sergeant you should really know what you expect vs what actually happens are two things entirely.

Might as well expect them to actually obey the weekend safety brief while you're at it hahaha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Female soldiers getting pregnant should be punishable under UCMJ. All new Soldiers should be unmarried and childless at the time of basic training. They should not be authorized (receive be nefits)to have dependants untill the rank of E-5.
That's my opinion as a retired 11B platoon SGT.
Not that I disagree with you, but as a ret. platoon sergeant you should really know what you expect vs what actually happens are two things entirely.

Might as well expect them to actually obey the weekend safety brief while you're at it hahaha
There are rules on the books about fraternization...  and if a single soldier gets knocked up by another troop it can be punishable..  and if a officer gets a enlisted troop pregnant .. thats a huge no no
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You do have to speak English to be in the military. And it is also a citizenship program. I watched latin americans earning their citizenship in basic training across the street from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get rid of the women.  Oh and the coloreds while we are at it.  And you have to speak English and be a U.S. citizen....The military is not a freaking citizenship program.
Not according to the S3 I walked into one day
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, if that's true then it happened after I was in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That is the maternity version, hero.
View Quote
Some people are really dense.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was back in 2012ish
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Maternity issue?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wait, seems the OP is playing fuck fuck games with the photo.

Here is the original showing the other female uniform.

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/1g3Yjx4evTQ0XiE4kfzevifjlt0=/600x0/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/MGM6U3EFL5GUPPFJ66CLOAGW3A.jpg
View Quote
That is a lot of stripes on that guy in the middle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That is a lot of stripes on that guy in the middle.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This was back in 2012ish
View Quote
I got out in 2005.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Months"?   lol   Try "Years".

A female can enlist for 4yrs, get pregnant during Basic or AIT, have 3 kids on the taxpayer dime, and never deploy or go to the field after initial training.  Then 3 somebodies, somewhere will have their stateside stability time with their families (or just not being shot at or risking being blown up by IED) cut short in order to fill her billet 3 times for deployments.

At the end of 4 years she will have $0 medical bill debt, never risked an ingrown nail, never left the states, and she will still get full college benefits and probably a VA Disability Rating, perhaps for sciatica caused by her pregnancies or childbirth.
View Quote
Lol wow

Can I just not pay taxes and protect myself??
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Women who get pregnant while on active duty should be charged with dereliction of duty and dishonorably discharged. They signed a contract to serve their country, not sit there on the tax payers dime not doing their job because they couldn't keep their legs closed.

To be fair, I also think a man who contracts an STD that results in him being unable to perform his duties should get the same treatment. People in the military should have to be combat ready at all times, and a pregnant woman is combat ineffective.
View Quote
Is the guy who stuck his dick in her a saboteur?  Takes two to impregnate.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wait until the Teufelhunden find out The Marines fought under US Army Infantry Divisions during WWI, which is why you see Marines sporting 2nd Infantry Division (the indian head), etc patches on their uniforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries.   Marine history is actually taught in boot camp pretty thoroughly.   Already knew that the Marines served under Army Generals.   Same thing with some Marine generals had commands with army battalions in it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Maternity wear?
View Quote
They are forming a new Preggo Brigade I believe.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maternity wear?
321st Armored Stroller Regiment
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow, maternity uniforms
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#36]
My nieces daughter just got out of the navy. She got knocked up right after enlistment. She just got out and is complaining that she has no real world skills because she was light duty most of the time. Basically picked up trash and cleaned.  I told her "Hell of a paycheck for a molly maid".  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#37]
What's her rank, I couldn't tell and what's with all those ribbons. Is she Audie Murphy's granddaughter...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#38]
So... What if a career army woman has already been in 10 years and is married and wants to have a child? Should she be able to or have to quit?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No worries.   Marine history is actually taught in boot camp pretty thoroughly.   Already knew that the Marines served under Army Generals.   Same thing with some Marine generals had commands with army battalions in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I deployed to Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia FYROM under UN Nordic Bn command in 1993, but we were directly subordinated to the 6th Fleet under USMC Brigadier General Jones.  He said "I know you are Army Dogs but if you need anything call me and I will fly it in if we have to."   Our backup were those F18s and A6s on the other side of Albania in the Med or in the Adriatic.  The Task Force eventually had a USMC CH53E detachment flying in and out of Petrovec Aerodrome in Skopje.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Which solider knocker her up?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
if you mandate birth control for females then you have to mandate something similar for males. Females are not the only ones fucking or getting fucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wouldn't need a preggo uniform if they would just mandate birth control pills for splittails in service.

Want a baby? Not on Uncle Sam's time.
if you mandate birth control for females then you have to mandate something similar for males. Females are not the only ones fucking or getting fucked
Women shouldnt even bein the mil you SJW!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What's her rank, I couldn't tell and what's with all those ribbons. Is she Audie Murphy's granddaughter...
View Quote
Major Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No, the difference between new recruits before the new combat arms policy and after turned out to be .05% more enlisted females joining the Army in FY 2016 ending October 1st 2017
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

0.05% what?

A LOT higher percent of all Soldiers are female that 0.05%, I guarantee you that.

Are you talking about combat arms only?
Ok; I think we’re comparing apples to oranges.

The guy I originally quoted was questioning females in the service, just in a general sense. I was just saying that if you take that 15% (guessing?) away it would have SOME impact on strength levels/recruiting/etc, all other arguments aside.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#44]
As an aside though, I’m digging the shit out of the pink and greens. I thought the regular Class A’s were alright, though they reminded me of the green of USGI blankets. The ASU’s always didn’t feel right to me, they were what we were transitioned to as I got out. Felt like an airline pilot. These ones definitely look iconic and right for the branch.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meritorious service medal Air medal Army commendation medal Army Achievement medal Army Reserves Good Comduct medal national defense service medal GWOT & GWOT expeditionary medals Armed Forces Reserve medal Army Service ribbon and overseas service ribbon no awards for valor Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ok; I think we’re comparing apples to oranges.

The guy I originally quoted was questioning females in the service, just in a general sense. I was just saying that if you take that 15% (guessing?) away it would have SOME impact on strength levels/recruiting/etc, all other arguments aside.
View Quote
Females dominate CS & CSS so 24% of the Army reserves are female, even higher than active duty since the reserve is CS & CSS minus the 442nd Inf and a few engineer companies. Yeah there’d be an impact but how big of an impact as 75% of the females I’ve witnessed in uniform were mediocre at best. In reality they’re place holders so brass has somebody to command imo and the Army can get funding to command those units. The Navy and Air Force have even more females than the Army. Marines are at 8% I think
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's an order/regulation for the USMC. Six months after being cleared for full duty, they must pass a PFT/CFT and make weight/tape.

And yeah, it's enforced.
View Quote
Thank you.

Anyone other than USMC?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Big difference between serving in a Ranger Batt and going to a school.  Airborne is not a prerequisite to attend Ranger school.
View Quote
Yes I know that. It is however a prerequisite to SERVE IN RANGER BN. Where the real Rangers are, with or without a Tab.  Hence the saying, no such thing as a LEG RANGER!!!   Ever heard the saying "Ranger Tab is an award, Ranger Scroll is a way of Life?"  Are implying that Ranger school makes you a Ranger?  BTW graduating Airborne doesn't make you a Paratrooper either...

Airborne is a prerequisite for SFQC, Jumpmaster, HALO, Rigger, and to serve in Ranger BN.

That being said, making it thru Ranger school is a hell of an accomplishment, and I am sure most if not all that earn the Tab, COULD at one point in their career serve in Ranger BN.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top