Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got an email that GG&G is now making their own stock adapters for the 1301 and magpul stocks. They have a version to use the Remington 870 magpul stock as well. I ordered one, we'll see how it is!
View Quote

I've been pretty happy with my GG&G stuff. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got an email that GG&G is now making their own stock adapters for the 1301 and magpul stocks. They have a version to use the Remington 870 magpul stock as well. I ordered one, we'll see how it is!
View Quote

Please make a thread here or in shotguns when you get it in. With the aridus part being unobtainable most of the time I’d be highly interested in finding out how the GG&G works.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Please make a thread here or in shotguns when you get it in. With the aridus part being unobtainable most of the time I’d be highly interested in finding out how the GG&G works.
View Quote

Absolutely. I bought it as a kit that included the mossberg stock. After shipping it came to $167.75. If GG&G sticks to their usual shipping schedule, I'm hoping to have it in hand by this time next week.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Such a relief that everywhere is out of stock on these, or you guys would have emptied my wallet yet again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Such a relief that everywhere is out of stock on these, or you guys would have emptied my wallet yet again.
View Quote

No.  Kidding.

This damn thread.... and the bullshit with GG&G don’t help one damn bit!
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My GG&G + 2 and light/sling mount is enroute. I went with it over the Nordic.....something about it I just liked better. It should land here this Tuesday.

GG&G
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
At what generation was the “fatal flaw” corrected?

And if one has a older generation will beretta upgrade it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At what generation was the “fatal flaw” corrected?

And if one has a older generation will beretta upgrade it?
View Quote

Any 2nd gen has the updated lever. But if you have a 1st gen there is a part you can add on for about $5-10 to fix it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several on gunbroker.  Just punch in the sku.  Tell your wallet, I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Any 2nd gen has the updated lever. But if you have a 1st gen there is a part you can add on for about $5-10 to fix it.
View Quote

Can you or someone share a pic of what the updated lever looks like please.

Want to know what to look for if in a store.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you or someone share a pic of what the updated lever looks like please.

Want to know what to look for if in a store.
View Quote

I don’t have a gen 2 for pics but it’s completely different than the gen 1, the current picture on berettas sight show the gen2 lever

This is my gen 1 - it’s very oval shaped, it also has the “fix” added on underneath - it’s the larger u shaped piece wrapped around the rear of the lever.

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

what do you need "lefty" on it?  the safety? cast-on?  

you can swap out some shims to set you up with cast-on so that the stock fits better.

the safety can be reversed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n7ZwkaJdZo

the only thing left is the loading port/charging handle and I actually prefer it to be right-side charging, makes port-loading a breeze
View Quote

The ejection port so hulls don’t hit you in the face.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 1:41:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Is this the new hotness model? Ditch the stock for Magpul and g2g?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 1:50:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You planning on slinging your HD weapon? There's a very small chance of ever needing your weapon for HD - there's zero chance I'm going to be slinging it - there's a good chance if (in the unlikely event that I had to use it) that a sling would be a hindrance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't use a sling on my home defense guns.

But if you wanted to run both you can put a sling mount or a light mount forward with a barrel clamp attachment. Or use something like the BFG universal sling loop.

Why's that if you don't mind me asking?

@John_Wayne777

You planning on slinging your HD weapon? There's a very small chance of ever needing your weapon for HD - there's zero chance I'm going to be slinging it - there's a good chance if (in the unlikely event that I had to use it) that a sling would be a hindrance

Primary reason for a sling is so that the bad guy can’t easily take your weapon and use it against you. Or, you just gonna lay your long gun in the dirt if you gotta restrain someone, apply first aid or call the police?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what do you need "lefty" on it?  the safety? cast-on?  

you can swap out some shims to set you up with cast-on so that the stock fits better.

the safety can be reversed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n7ZwkaJdZo

the only thing left is the loading port/charging handle and I actually prefer it to be right-side charging, makes port-loading a breeze

never had that be a problem.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#17]
So what are the different Gens now?  I have 2 and this thread is confusing me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess I’m 1.5.

Gen 2 lever, no choke. Or maybe I need to check the box
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I think  a LGS has a 1301 Tactical model in stock.   They were so busy the other day that I didn’t want to burden them with my dumb questions.  I already ate up a lot of their time looking at CZ’s.  They actually had a Czechmate in the case with Nighthawks.  I’ll probably head back Tuesday for a closer look at that 1301.

Having dabbled a bit in 3 gun/multi-gun about 10 years ago, I think I would rather have the Comp Pro model.

I have an 870 with a ghost ring rear sight.  I like that a lot better than my “lemon hunnert” that has no rear sight.

Switching gears here….

It looks like a Chris L. Billings of Layton, Utah was the guy who filed the patent for the Flite Control Wad in 1999 :

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/6260484.html

It looks like the patent was approved in 2001 .

I was always under the impression that patents were good for just 20 years.

Soooo…. One would think that other ammo manufacturers like Fiochi or Winchester would copy the Flite Control Wad and start producing their own tighter grouping buckshot .

Or somebody else would sell the Flite Control Wads for reloaders to use.

EDIT:  I mis-typed.  Chris Billings is from Layton, UTAH.  Not Ohio.

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess I’m 1.5.

Gen 2 lever, no choke. Or maybe I need to check the box
View Quote

Gen 2 L.E. models are fixed choke
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#21]
While googling, I stumbled across this cast boolits forum thread .

If you have never seen a Flite Control Wad in either the unfired or fired state;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Botach has 'em for $1099. But it's Botach, so take that with a very large grain of salt.

https://botach.com/beretta-1301-tactical-shotgun-w-pistol-grip-mag-extention/?avad=211021_d2449008d
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Botach has 'em for $1099. But it's Botach, so take that with a very large grain of salt.

https://botach.com/beretta-1301-tactical-shotgun-w-pistol-grip-mag-extention/?avad=211021_d2449008d
View Quote

Yeah, I wouldn't buy one from Optics Planet either.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
LE version (fixed choke) I believe, if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LE version (fixed choke) I believe, if that matters to you.
View Quote

Supposedly this is public safety pricing. Unsure how good of a deal it is. With these being out of stock everywhere it seems to be a good deal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Still no shipping notification from gg&g. Hoping the stock and adapter start moving my way soon.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I got my GG&G +2 , QD Sling / Light Mount, and Follower. I really like the +2 better than the Nordic and the light /sling mount keeps the light slightly further back on the hand guard which I prefer. Great pieces of hardware.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Any machinists out there want to make a bayonet mount for the 1301? A magazine tube ring (like gg&g make) with a bayonet lug and a new cap or whole extension would be pretty simple
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any machinists out there want to make a bayonet mount for the 1301? A magazine tube ring (like gg&g make) with a bayonet lug and a new cap or whole extension would be pretty simplehttps://i.imgur.com/ElnnwG7.jpg
View Quote

I really wish someone would make quality bayonet Mounts for shotguns. I know Mossberg has them from the factory.

Would like to have one on my M1S90.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got the email from GG&G, stock and adapter is heading out via fedex 2-day, so I should have it in my mitts on Monday after work.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Fyi, Johnstown Colorado scheels had several new gen 2 regular stock with chokes and long mag as of last Friday.  I don't know what's left.

They will ship.  Just be aware they have some special tax that adds up to 10%.  Plus shipping.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked up a lightly used Marine model today because of this thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm retarded, is this the version without non cylinder choke only?

https://firearmsdepot.com/beretta-1301-tactical-12-18-5-bk-pg-3/?variant=131521
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#34]
How is shotgun ammo availability in your area?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Comes with improved cylinder screw in.  I think if it's only cylinder bore it says LE in the sku number.

For that firearms depot model above.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Where did you get the heat shield?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.shotgunheatshield.com/Mossberg-Heat-Shield/

This model will fit but it will take some minor mods to work with your drimel.

1. Will need to clip / shorten the rear clips so it will hold to the barrel but not interfere with the rods.

2. Will need to open up the inside of the hand guard at the rear so the clips can  clear and the HG can seat properly

3. Will need to thin out the bottom of forward clamp so it can clear the +2 nut

About 10 minutes worth of work...easily done.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Does it cycle birdshot?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Haven’t tried birdshot yet.

Easily cycles standard 00, low recoil 00, and slugs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Incorrect.  The M4s have been well under $2,000 for a bit now.  I just got an M1014 a few months ago for $1,700.  KyGunCo has had the regular M4s for just under $1,600 just recently.  Hell even going on gun.deals the M4s in the wild are around the mid $1,700 range.
View Quote

REgular M4. By the time you add the full size tube and other things, it's at least 2000. You get that out of the box with Remington Versa Max or this Beretta.

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pistol-gripped stocks on shotguns in general suck dick unless you are using the shotgun as a true breacher (which would be PGO or a bird's head) or using it in conjunction with a shield.

It forces the strong hand wrist into a locked position. (No, thumb pointed forward is not a locked wrist, regardless of what some pistol shooter thinks. The way you'd make a fist is a locked wrist.) I find that this loads more felt recoil directly into the joint which sucketh mightily. The more traditional style stock doesn't load force into the wrist, allowing it to flow into the upper body which is way better at taking force than your wrist. When was the last time you put a significant number of rounds through a shotgun and found it was your hand/wrist that hurt? Well, put a pistol grip on your shotgun and you'll get to experience that pleasure.

The pistol grip is less efficient at delivering push-pull because it's dropping the firing hand significantly below the support hand. When you try to tear something in half, note that you generally attempt this with both your hands lined up...that way you're getting equal contributions from the muscle chains on both sides. It's not to say push/pull doesn't work, but you aren't getting optimal results.

I find they don't mount as quickly as a more traditional style stock. When I mount the shotgun part of my reference is contact between my strong hand and my face. There's a little touch going on there most don't see that helps me guarantee proper alignment. That's not there with a pistol-gripped stock.

Most pistol-grip style stocks are still TOO DAMN LONG. Pick up a factory-equipped Benelli PG stock and the motherfucker has a LOP that's like 14.5". The Benelli M4 Entry model (14" barrel) with the non-collapsible pistol grip stock is actually LONGER than an 18" Beretta 1301 with the Aridus adapter and the Magpul SGA on it.

The Mesa Urbino stock is a particularly terrible design. It has a shorter LOP but the cheek piece is too high and fucks with a proper mount. The angle on the stock is weird and when you combine that with the stupidly thick pistol grip it takes one of the lightest, handiest 12 gauge options on the market and makes it handle like a goddamn bread truck. "It look-a nice!", but it handles like a bag of broken glass. Meanwhile the SGA looks ugly as hell but gives you enough of an altered wrist angle to still do most PG style tasks (One handed use, mainly) well while not presenting the problems that an actual pistol grip gives. And the LOP is right.

Every time I've used the Urbino stock on a 1301 all it's done is piss me the fuck off. It might fit others a little bit better, but you're still stuck with the downsides of a pistol-grip on the gun.
View Quote

I like M4 fixed PG stock.   Fits me perfectly. Also works well with Versa Max. Not one jam, ever, with anything, birdshot included.

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Dumb question, but what are the better general purpose loads for these?

I've only shot mine a little. It's fine with target loads. It's manageable with some Estate 00 buck I picked up a few years ago. That NSI 00 buck 12 pellet load that ammoboard was selling a couple months back is f'ing wild.

I'm not really a shotgun guy, so I'm not really sure where the ideal combination of energy and speed/recoil is for a gun like this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've only shot mine a little. It's fine with target loads. It's manageable with some Estate 00 buck I picked up a few years ago. That NSI 00 buck 12 pellet load that ammoboard was selling a couple months back is f'ing wild.

I'm not really a shotgun guy, so I'm not really sure where the ideal combination of energy and speed/recoil is for a gun like this.
View Quote

Hey Bass,

I’ve found the reduced recoil 00 buck to be the best balance of putting lead down range, having faster follow up shots, and keeping all my rounds on the target.

From what I’ve read, the lost velocity from the reduced recoil loads don’t reduce their effectiveness on soft targets, but allow for faster follow up shots, if needed. My agency uses Federal flitecontrol reduced recoil 00 buck and my M4 loves it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like someone else beat me to it on the GG&G adapter and stock.

Here

Looks great to me! Mine should be here tomorrow on FedEx.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hey Bass,

I’ve found the reduced recoil 00 buck to be the best balance of putting lead down range, having faster follow up shots, and keeping all my rounds on the target.

From what I’ve read, the lost velocity from the reduced recoil loads don’t reduce their effectiveness on soft targets, but allow for faster follow up shots, if needed. My agency uses Federal flitecontrol reduced recoil 00 buck and my M4 loves it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Bass,

Is your agency still receiving Flite-control?  Wondering if commercial sales are being sacrificed for government sales, as FC can't be found by me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is your agency still receiving Flite-control?  Wondering if commercial sales are being sacrificed for government sales, as FC can't be found by me.
View Quote

Wish someone would just make and sale the wads. I could roll my own then.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Tactical lifters are back in stock on the Beretta web site....at least for the moment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.  FC is desirable because it patterns tightly, yet buckshot is desirable vs rifle only because it spreads out.  I have buckshot, I'm just not sure why I want a tight pattern.  There's a sweet spot, it's just a very narrow window.  I don't like narrow windows.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Tactical lifters are back in stock on the Beretta web site....at least for the moment.
View Quote

Already gone. I’ve been on the email list too and didn’t get any notifications
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top