Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/7/2017 11:36:50 AM EDT
'Cause THAAD might disturb some migratory birds or something while shooting down incoming nuclear tipped ICBM's
The rollout of the US-funded Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense system (Thaad) may be on hold for a year.

Four recently arrived launchers will not be deployed, an official said. Two already installed will stay in place. (snip)

The office of recently-elected president Moon Jae-in said that a comprehensive environmental study of Thaad was needed and that it could take up to a year to complete.

During that time, Thaad's deployment would be frozen as it was not "urgent enough" to bypass the assessment, it said.

Thaad began its rollout earlier this year under South Korea's previous presidential administration, a move which Mr Moon has said was "regrettable".

The suspension comes days after Mr Moon's office accused the defence ministry of withholding information about Thaad from the president.
View Quote
But hey, what's the worst that could happen?  Good thing there's no "urgency" related to nuclear weapons near South Korea...
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]

TC
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Time for us to bring our guys home.  Wouldn't want to hurt their ecosystem with having troops on the border either.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Wat da fuck is it wit des morans?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
That's real gay sir.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Bring it home and let them defend themselves, which they are more than capable of.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Took a page out of the Obama playbook.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
And I thought the Brits were stupid...
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm about at the 'fuck it' stage with SK. If they're not worried about their safety, why should we be?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Welp, if you don't wanna help yourself, then fuck ya!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, bye
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Globalists gonna globalist
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Western European-style suicidal pussification has spread to Asia?  Why does this always happen to our allies and never our enemies?  (except that one time with perestroika)
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Time for us to bring our guys home.  Wouldn't want to hurt their ecosystem with having troops on the border either.
View Quote
THIS THIS THIS.

Mattis "hey ok that's cool mr. SK prez, well boys show's over lets go home"

Then as the last piece of hardware and solider is loaded, Mattis gives them the one finger salute.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck it, pack up and come home. That's the best thing we can do for their environment.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Always with the environmental studies, these people.  Wonder what the environmental impact of intermediate range ballistic missles glassing a few cities will be?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#16]
The South has twice the population and 50 times the economy of the North. They can more than take care of themselves,f they choose.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
SK wants to be fucked by NK
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, If they don't want us to protect them, then why are we there?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Cannot believe this is real life.

Sad when Islam seems to be the only one doing anything for themselves and the future of their culture...
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]
China approves
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Environmental study?

Is it loaded with mercury?

Made of materials known to the state of California to cause cancer?

Creates noise pollution?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Environmental study?

Is it loaded with mercury?

Made of materials known to the state of California to cause cancer?

Creates noise pollution?
View Quote
Follow the Money.  Always.

President took a pay off...or is looking for one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#24]
The whole world has gone suicidal.
I am really starting to believe that there IS a conspiracy, to dumb populations down, via flourination, microwaves, chemtrails, pharmacuticals and TV.

If this Trump thing fails I'm packing my shit and moving to Russia.   They and the former com-bloc nations are the only places left on earth that at least appear to have a sence of common sense, care for their populations and are based.  (fighting the globalists and the useful idiot muzzies)

Long Live Mother Russia.  Fuck it.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Follow the Money.  Always.

President took a pay off...or is looking for one.
View Quote
The new SK president is a hard left nutjob. Nothing else matters. Much like Europe and the "don't poke the jihadi", SK is now going to play "don't poke the north and everything will be ok."

Until it isn't.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck it, pack up and come home. That's the best thing we can do for their environment.
View Quote
This.

Let them make nice with the Norks on their own.

Sounds like if they continue on their current leadership path there might be re-unification in the future anyway. Just not in the way any of us anticipated.

ETA: Know what is worse for the environment then anti missile systems?
Getting nuked.
Fallout is bad for the trees, the air and all the baby animals.

ETA2: If faced with a national threat, I bet California would react the same way when faced with a need to move defensive systems in to repel a potential attack.
The environment, social justice and the rights of people other then us are more important then self defense (according to leftists).
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#27]

The office of recently-elected president Moon Jae-in said that a comprehensive environmental study of Thaad was needed and that it could take up to a year to complete.

During that time, Thaad's deployment would be frozen as it was not "urgent enough" to bypass the assessment, it said.
View Quote
If the prez is doing for feels: dumbass

If the prez is doing this and did NOT get paid: dumbass

So if the prez is not a dumbass then:  they got paid.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Moran!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Time to pull out. They don't deserve our protection.

'Weapons-grade stupid' seems obviously appropriate.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The whole world has gone suicidal.
I am really starting to believe that there IS a conspiracy, to dumb populations down, via flourination, microwaves, chemtrails, pharmacuticals and TV.

If this Trump thing fails I'm packing my shit and moving to Russia.   They and the former com-bloc nations are the only places left on earth that at least appear to have a sence of common sense, care for their populations and are based.  (fighting the globalists and the useful idiot muzzies)

Long Live Mother Russia.  Fuck it.  
View Quote
I really do wonder sometimes.  Seems like most of EU is on self-destruct mode.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#32]
They do. In fact, this could be a diplomatic move to improve relations with China. China doesn't like THAAD systems in their backyard and everyone knows it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#34]
We are there, because WE have decided that it is in OUR best interests.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah because that's so much more important than national security
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I figured Koreans were smart enough to avoid libtardation.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely!!!!!

Their government, by elected choice, is making a clear stand so good for them. Time to clear EVERYTHING we have off of their soil. The war is over now. GOOD!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Something's going on in the ROK/SK Ministry of National Defense.  The new President is claiming that they withheld information from him regarding the deployment.  This tells me that their defense department OK'd the THAAD deployment behind his back because they don't trust his leadership.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Western European-style suicidal pussification has spread to Asia?  Why does this always happen to our allies and never our enemies?  (except that one time with perestroika)
View Quote
Because we have allowed them so much safety and ease of life they can become weak and overly compassionate.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I want off this planet
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because we have allowed them so much safety and ease of life they can become weak and overly compassionate.
View Quote
I've been to Seoul five separate times and I can tell you they live a first-world life.  If they really have gotten so complacent because of us, then it's time to take that away.  We're not doing them any favors.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fine, but be extra careful around the THAAD system.  It has lots of sharp edges and the smoke from the rocket exhaust can cause breathing difficulties.

You should also avoid eating any part of the THAAD system.

That goes double if you are now or plan to be pregnant in the near future.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
'Cause THAAD might disturb some migratory birds or something while shooting down incoming nuclear tipped ICBM's
The rollout of the US-funded Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense system (Thaad) may be on hold for a year.
Four recently arrived launchers will not be deployed, an official said. Two already installed will stay in place. (snip)
Thaad began its rollout earlier this year under South Korea's previous presidential administration, a move which Mr Moon has said was "regrettable".
The suspension comes days after Mr Moon's office accused the defence ministry of withholding information about Thaad from the president.
View Quote
But hey, what's the worst that could happen?  Good thing there's no "urgency" related to nuclear weapons near South Korea...
View Quote
Environmental study? 
This new guy is screwing over the defense of his country. It's like, Go ahead, kill the squirrels and birds living in those trees. Set up the THAAD. 
The enviro study is a cover. They are working something else. Maybe he has an ex-wife/ex-girlfriend that lives in a condo that is in a known NK missile strike target. Not saying its the right thing to do for his country.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The South has twice the population and 50 times the economy of the North. They can more than take care of themselves,f they choose.
View Quote
A month or so ago, the blowhards were demanding South Korea pay for it. Few wanted to believe they didn't actually want it.

That deployment was extremely unpopular, and contributed to this guy winning the presidency.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've been to Seoul five separate times and I can tell you they live a first-world life.  If they really have gotten so complacent because of us, then it's time to take that away.  We're not doing them any favors.
View Quote
They probably have more bidets in Seoul than all in Arkansas and Kentucky combined.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That THAAD deployment did/does little to protect Korea beyond existing capabilities, and actually undermined domestic efforts to build an air defense shield. It pissed off their "big defense spending" Right and their "peace and love" Left.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They do. In fact, this could be a diplomatic move to improve relations with China. China doesn't like THAAD systems in their backyard and everyone knows it.
View Quote
This couldn't fit in my backyard. I would have to cut down all the trees, take down a fence and remove my neighbor's house to get it into my backyard.  And my HOA would also have a hissy fit.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
And Trump will now learn that the hard way.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top