BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah it's got a picatinny adapter on the Mark 23's rail.  The one I'm using now is a 3-d printed thing from a member on HKpro.  Adequate, but not the most durable thing in the world.  The guy that made it used me for a tester, and I managed to break one by shooting .45 super.  It's held up under normal loads though.  HKparts has a metal one that is the first one I ever used, but it looks like ass and is stupid expensive for what it is.  I gave it away with the Mark 23 I traded for an AUG.  I haven't tried it, but the best option currently IMO is the GG&G metal adapter.  If I find myself needing a new metal one, I'll buy the GG&G.

this post is worthless without pics:

https://i.imgur.com/BbVsT4c.jpg
This is the 3-d printed plastic adapter.  Rugged Obsidian in short config.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TLR-2 is perfection for Mk23.  Closest production offering to the actual LAMs in my opinion.
@Klaustrophobia what rail adapter did you use for a TLR-2 on the Mk23?  Streamlight has rail adapters for USPs, but I've never seen anything to fit the Mk23 without going to a picatinny adapter in between
Yeah it's got a picatinny adapter on the Mark 23's rail.  The one I'm using now is a 3-d printed thing from a member on HKpro.  Adequate, but not the most durable thing in the world.  The guy that made it used me for a tester, and I managed to break one by shooting .45 super.  It's held up under normal loads though.  HKparts has a metal one that is the first one I ever used, but it looks like ass and is stupid expensive for what it is.  I gave it away with the Mark 23 I traded for an AUG.  I haven't tried it, but the best option currently IMO is the GG&G metal adapter.  If I find myself needing a new metal one, I'll buy the GG&G.

this post is worthless without pics:

https://i.imgur.com/BbVsT4c.jpg
This is the 3-d printed plastic adapter.  Rugged Obsidian in short config.
Thanks @Klaustrophobia - any pointers to source the 3-D printed one?  I'll try googling if not.  I have the GG&G adapter - it too seems pretty large, although maybe not quite as ugly as the HKparts one.  Haven't actually fitted it though because I didn't really care for the look - that 3D one looks a bit lower profile.  Wonder if the 3D one printed on a professional unit with higher-end plastic might be the best idea.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Strobe function is stupid.
View Quote
Visible light is for poor people and dirty peasants.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you guys really not understand what he means?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer the standoff ability with a full size light in close quarters, makes contact shots a little more possible without pushing the slide out of battery.
Lolwut?
Do you guys really not understand what he means?
It is a valid point.  Guys here will scream “mall ninja” but it’s a real possibility.  I carried a Sig p232 as a backup for years and one of the reasons I liked it was that a fixed barrel made for a perfect “get off me” gun since it can’t easily be pushed out of battery
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks @Klaustrophobia - any pointers to source the 3-D printed one?  I'll try googling if not.  I have the GG&G adapter - it too seems pretty large, although maybe not quite as ugly as the HKparts one.  Haven't actually fitted it though because I didn't really care for the look - that 3D one looks a bit lower profile.  Wonder if the 3D one printed on a professional unit with higher-end plastic might be the best idea.....
View Quote
This is the adapter I have on my MK23. I don't remember if I got it from here or not though.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Mark-23-Picatinny-Rail-Adapter-207p1470.htm
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#6]
For those whining about strobe, if it's like any of their other TLR's, the 10-tap programming will let you disable it.

I'm hoping this will operate similar to the Inforce APL, tap for constant, hold for momentary.
It looks like it's got slide switches that you push forward instead of paddles though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It will go perfect with my Glock 19X!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I enjoy their amateur comments or their "real world" experience, compared to real world experiences.

Real world experience.

Even though this guy got good hits the suspect got right up on him and he had to drive the gun right into the dirt bag to end the fight (at contact distance.)

Maybe the dirt bag would have died, maybe he had a few more seconds and a few more rounds left to kill the officer.

He wasn't going to wait to find out.
View Quote
@recusance thanks for posting that.  Excellent video
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Between this, rail mounted pro tacs and surefire pricing I think the rise of streamlight is just starting, not even close to peaking....  No longer near peer.  Straight up peer.
View Quote
My department just got all new rifles with rail mounted pro tacs.

About half of them stop functioning under recoil.

My surefire has never done that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yet somehow he was successful with no standoff ability on his keltek.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a real bad ass operator here. Goes hand to hand and on the ground with a sidearm on him.  For fucks sake.
Yeah, that shit would never happen in the real world, to the average Joe.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/361327/image-417808.JPG
No one said you would die without a standoff, but several poster called Recusance a mall-ninja retard for making a very good point about a situation that is well documented.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No one said you would die without a standoff, but several poster called Recusance a mall-ninja retard for making a very good point about a situation that is well documented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a real bad ass operator here. Goes hand to hand and on the ground with a sidearm on him.  For fucks sake.

You didn't really support his point about needing a standoff device in a hands on situation by posting an example of a person who defended themselves in a hands on situation with a firearm that lacked a standoff device.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
not just him but If I recall during the mike brown and officer Wilson encounter, Wilson pressed his Sig into brown and got a click no bang. had he been carrying a striker fired gun like most of us do he would of had to manipulate the slide one handed while grappling.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#13]
There are tons of pics of guns in the pistol forum without large lights attached, yet I haven't seen ANY of those mounted with dedicated standoff devices that are apparently important.  You pro-standoff guys don't practice what you preach?

On a side note, I personally duct tape the gun to my hand so no one can grab it off of me.  Just in case, ya know?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are tons of pics of guns in the pistol forum without large lights attached, yet I haven't seen ANY of those mounted with dedicated standoff devices that are apparently important.  You pro-standoff guys don't practice what you preach?

On a side note, I personally duct tape the gun to my hand so no one can grab it off of me.  Just in case, ya know?
View Quote
I just use my flashlight in my offhand because I have a bayonet mounted to my glock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#15]
As a lefty, will only consider if they changed their switching mechanism.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just use my flashlight in my offhand because I have a bayonet mounted to my glock.
View Quote
Excellent set up.

Ninja tip: make sure the pistol bayonet is dull.  Too sharp and you stabbed deep enough to push the slide out of battery.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would bet they are already making them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully G Code does an Incog for this on a G19.  I'd preorder it and the light right now.
I would bet they are already making them.
Sign me up for a shadow eclipse!
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Mrgunsgear review

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HvOR77nSPAQ
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#19]
HOT LINK UP IN HERE

Streamlight TLR-7 500 Lumen Weapon Light Review: Best Concealed Carry Light?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wut... It's completely ambidextrous
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I have $150 in ebay bucks that expire early February.  I would love to see these show up on ebay in the next week or so!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Saw in the stream light thread msrp estimated to be 215$.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Will this mean the TRL-8 will be a single 123 battery 500 lumen with a green Lazer? Please?!
View Quote
I was right! Well, red laser, but I got the package I wanted.

*flap

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#24]
These will sell like hotcakes especially with a laser now available.  Surefire better watch their back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll be so IN! soon.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
These will sell like hotcakes especially with a laser now available.  Surefire better watch their back.
View Quote
My TLR-2 is going back to the Manufactor. Laser died. I has no beams.

I almost bought another one while I waited to toss on a gun. I'm glad I held off. I'll wait for this to come out and I'll buy a of the TLR-8.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Saw in the stream light thread msrp estimated to be 215$.
View Quote
TLR-1 HL msrp is $234 (Looks like some are listing $248), but can be had around $120. If the TLR-7 follows that same trend, I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I prefer the standoff ability with a full size light in close quarters, makes contact shots a little more possible without pushing the slide out of battery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yusssssss

flush on g19?
LOL
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Idk how to embed shit

https://youtu.be/bJnDf2x4C-A
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Idk how to embed shit

https://youtu.be/bJnDf2x4C-A
View Quote
*NEW* Streamlight TLR-7 Review - Compared to other weaponlights (TLR7 vs the world)
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The TLR 1...momentary on from the left is the opposite from the right. Press up for momentary on.  Not good. Looks like this will be a non issue on the new light.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:50:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Found a store with the UPC and price listed

http://doddsports.com/streamlighttlr-7.aspx

UPC: 080926694200
Product Number: 69420

$143.82

Not bad...
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Found a store with the UPC and price listed

http://doddsports.com/streamlighttlr-7.aspx

UPC: 080926694200
Product Number: 69420

$143.82

Not bad...
View Quote
Can probably find it for 120 at the usual places
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any ideas on the TLR-8 price yet? I'm guessing it should be at or just over $200.00.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s kinda my thoughts as well.  I’m waiting for it to hit Amazon

Quoted:
Any ideas on the TLR-8 price yet? I'm guessing it should be at or just over $200.00.
View Quote
They have it listed as well at the same website for $234.11

http://doddsports.com/streamlighttlr-8.aspx
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I enjoy their amateur comments or their "real world" experience, compared to real world experiences.

Real world experience.

Even though this guy got good hits the suspect got right up on him and he had to drive the gun right into the dirt bag to end the fight (at contact distance.)

Maybe the dirt bag would have died, maybe he had a few more seconds and a few more rounds left to kill the officer.

He wasn't going to wait to find out.
View Quote
Awesome video.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#37]
This is exciting news regarding pricing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll get one. I've had a TLR-1 on my duty weapon for 8 years. Night shift entire time. Its always worked flawless and is rock solid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in for one to try fitment on. Anyone sees a legit preorder link, kindly share?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Needs a granulated bezel for face strikes to the opponent’s face.
View Quote
*crenulated
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because sometimes 1000 is too much.
View Quote
This. Inside a home that will cause glare and reflection that can very well blind user too. For a pistol light 300-350 lumens is about perfect.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This. Inside a home that will cause glare and reflection that can very well blind user too. For a pistol light 300-350 lumens is about perfect.
View Quote
Thats strange, I've never had an issue with my TLR-2 HL @1000 lumens. Have you been checked for cataracts?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Take a low light force on force class, and get back to me about how your light was too bright.

Also, that bathroom mirror is in the same spot it was in yesterday, and you know this.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You serious?
View Quote
The reason why Dillinger once commented that the two most unreliable things in the world were semi-automatic pistols and women is that he had a misfire on a contact shot because the slide was pushed out of battery. The women thing was likely because of the company he kept...
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I shoot lefty and have no problem with tlr switches. How are you activating it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thats strange, I've never had an issue with my TLR-2 HL @1000 lumens. Have you been checked for cataracts?
View Quote
No cataracts but within 5 yards the shit will light you up too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#47]
We have come a long way since 60 lumen Surefires.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#48]
@gotuonpaper

Found both at Botach at a lower price. (still not in-stock, this is just for a price reference)

TLR-7 $121.00

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-69420-tlr-7-gun-light/

TLR-8 $195

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-69410-tlr-8-gun-light/
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I"m no fan of Streamlight...I used to work in their repair department and will tell you that SL would accept components that were not up to specs.  I don't know if they are still following this practice, but there are some greedy upper management running that company.

I'd look at other companies before I ever bought a Streamlight.
View Quote
I've used a streamlight for 5 years now at work, sometimes several hours a day, dropped it down stairs, beat the hell out of it, it's missing 1/2 it's finish and all I've ever done is replace batteries, sometimes every other day because it's used so much, never an issue other then replacing the base O ring once simply because it wore out. Can't argue with that kind of use and lack of issues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@gotuonpaper

Found both at Botach at a lower price. (still not in-stock, this is just for a price reference)

TLR-7 $121.00

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-69420-tlr-7-gun-light/

TLR-8 $195

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-69410-tlr-8-gun-light/
View Quote
They will sell the crap out of TLR-8s if they come in at that price... They will to me at least.

Just not from Botach.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top