BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Iam in for 2-3
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the thought on the lack of caps on the wind/elev adjustments.....?

BTW I though this thread would end in the same way the one in Optics did....

The Power of GD
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That doesn't help, if you're too far off-axis for the dot to be visible.

The whole point of having a larger objective is that it makes the dot visible over a wider range of viewing angles - and thus improves your chances of quickly finding it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the larger objective on the MRO versus the T2. I would consider buying it, as I don't have a small RDS.  I just hope it's not ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

Open both of your eyes.

That doesn't help, if you're too far off-axis for the dot to be visible.

The whole point of having a larger objective is that it makes the dot visible over a wider range of viewing angles - and thus improves your chances of quickly finding it.

dip you even cheek weld bro? I have to be pretty far askew to lose the dot on my t1
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Really, it's the licensing, regulation, storage, EPA requirements, army of lawyers and second army of security.

Very little actual tritium is needed for an ACOG. Solely by the value of the tritium itself, it has to be less than $25.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read that the MSRP was going to be right around $500 but would likely be found for the mid $400's once they have been on the market for a little while. If true, I'll give one a try.

That seems ridiculously cheap for a Trijicon product. IIRC even their 1.5x ACOGs are around 1K.

Tritium is expensive.

Really, it's the licensing, regulation, storage, EPA requirements, army of lawyers and second army of security.

Very little actual tritium is needed for an ACOG. Solely by the value of the tritium itself, it has to be less than $25.

you can buy tritium key chains on ebay for >$30.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This. And I couldn't find an existing LaRue Mount that looks the same. "Paging ML. ML to the courtesy phone please!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
       I would be into buying one for  $500 or less.

Looks like  Larue is already making a mount for it.

This. And I couldn't find an existing LaRue Mount that looks the same. "Paging ML. ML to the courtesy phone please!"

The ad states that the mounting foot fits aftermarket mounts as well. That sounds as if it's compatible with existing Aimpoint Micro mounts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm on the preorder list. My quote is $499 and expected to ship late this month.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if this will hurt Aimpoint?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
will the dot look like a comet to us with astigmatism?
View Quote

This is what I want to know.  I'm tired of the combat banana. EoTech XPS2-1s work but they're rather expensive, especially considering I need like 18 of them.

Quoted:
you can buy tritium key chains on ebay for >$30.
View Quote

Most are shipped in from overseas and there's a chance could get confiscated between the seller and you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I'm the only person who likes the Tripower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks good.  Although they need to make a fiber optic/tritium version, then I'd really be interested.
View Quote

That would be the bee's knees.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wonder if this will hurt Aimpoint?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

... maybe financially, not physically

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Wonder why that thing never caught on.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent concept, poor execution. Non-std battery w/poor service life, very dim tritium (supposedly for nv compatibility) and the fiber-optic collector glows at night when the battery is being used. Brighten the tritium and go to a CR123 or AA battery and I would reconsider the Tri-Power (but Trijicon's not going to do that, I've already asked).
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm on the preorder list. My quote is $499 and expected to ship late this month.
View Quote

$500? Meh. I'm not exited about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#16]

lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Excellent concept, poor execution. Non-std battery w/poor service life, very dim tritium (supposedly for nv compatibility) and the fiber-optic collector glows at night when the battery is being used. Brighten the tritium and go to a CR123 or AA battery and I would reconsider the Tri-Power (but Trijicon's not going to do that, I've already asked).
Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

It uses the same battery as standard full size aimpoints.

I bought my Tripower because it was super cheap on the EE and have been looking for another ever since. I really like the chevron reticle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I really like my Sparc II, but this has my interest.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#19]
when will primary arms offer a version?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll just wait for a chicom/ rimpac rip off sold by vendors after they start flooding the EE with them.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you can own one anyways. It is built from substances known to the state of California to cause cancer. Do you want cancer? Because thats how you get cancer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
will the dot look like a comet to us with astigmatism?
View Quote

LOL  

I laugh because it's true.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The ad states that the mounting foot fits aftermarket mounts as well. That sounds as if it's compatible with existing Aimpoint Micro mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just doesn't look like anything LaRue has on their site. The Aimpoint Micro mounts appear larger where they meet the optic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#24]
In!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I bought my Tripower because it was super cheap on the EE and have been looking for another ever since. I really like the chevron reticle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

I really like the triangle reticule on my trijicon reflex. If I ever see one cheap enough, I might get a tri power. But then again, I really want a trijicon 1.5X optic... and a triji 3x optic... and that new 1-6x scope...  and so on...
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It just doesn't look like anything LaRue has on their site. The Aimpoint Micro mounts appear larger where they meet the optic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's either a new LaRue spacer or someone else's spacer bolted to the LaRue base.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Exactly.

I also suggested a "duo-power" with just higher brightness tritium and the fiber optic and delete the battery system entirely for a lower priced unit. Could even go back to the plastic housing for a budget model.

The chevron aiming point and usability for those with astigmatism, as well as its potential for use without electronics would have netted it some sales if it would have just been more usable. That and it was just priced too high to be competitive. I've mentioned before that the useful life of tritium is barely longer than the useful life of an Aimpoint battery, and it's a whole lot easier to change an Aimpoint battery when the time comes.

Trijicon seems to make many of their products to fish for military contracts (in both design and pricing) and aren't really that interested in pursuing commercial sales opportunities for them. This MRO, with the pricing mentioned in this thread, looks like potentially a winner for the consumer market. I don't own a small Aimpoint, with the high cost and limited field of view I've just stuck with the M3/ML3 types, but this one interests me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's either a new LaRue spacer or someone else's spacer bolted to the LaRue base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the acog mini mount --lt-105. Very similar in appearance and construction.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Dibs on making rubber protective cover in various colors for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Strange that this thread lives, yet mine was the one in the optics forum that disappeared yesterday in like 10 minutes.
View Quote

Trijicons power does not extend to the outer worlds
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Strange that this thread lives, yet mine was the one in the optics forum that disappeared yesterday in like 10 minutes.
View Quote

GD is the wild west, Trijicons industry connections don't work here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Meh, I think I'll stick with my proven Aimpoint micros.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#34]
That is ~$200 cheaper than a T-2?

I want one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That is ~$200 cheaper than a T-2?

I want one.
View Quote

It's going to be low $400s?  Hmm, maybe in the low $400s it may be an option if it is wart free, unlike the SRS (does anyone really need reminding of this?)....
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That.

Have you priced a RMR lately?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$350 msrp please
I'd pay $275
. Otherwise, PRO at the $350 street price or H1 for like $500

LOL.

That.

I know I know but from a practical stand point, why would a consumer gamble on this unless there's significant savings over the industry standard, the T-1?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I know I know but from a practical stand point, why would a consumer gamble on this unless there's significant savings over the industry standard, the T-1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$350 msrp please
I'd pay $275
. Otherwise, PRO at the $350 street price or H1 for like $500

LOL.

That.

Because it's new and shiny. The same thing that drives 95% of gun purchases
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Confirmation from a distributor is showing MSRP at like $579. So street price may just be around $500. I am getting the first one I see at that price. It is Trijicon, they aren't going to put out junk especially going up against the outstanding aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#39]
How it works with astigmatism will be a very big thing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Confirmation from a distributor is showing MSRP at like $579. So street price may just be around $500. I am getting the first one I see at that price. It is Trijicon, they aren't going to put out junk especially going up against the outstanding aimpoint.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
looks like trijicon is a few years late & will most likely be a few hundred over the market.

I love trijicon great pistol night sights the ACOG is the Huey of rifle optics the RMR is nice but not $550 nic ethe accupoints are great but  I AM GUESSING  these will have to be 600ish to compete with proven designs like the t1 or h1 will trijicon let that happen we'll see
View Quote

NIB RMRs from certified dealers can be found under $450 with some patience and "legwork".
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How it works with astigmatism will be a very big thing.
View Quote

I hope they've found some magical way to make it blurrless, but I've got to wear my glasses with my ACOGs and iron sights, so I guess I'll manage.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks and sounds like a winner, can't wait for some real world reviews.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Let's see if this one gets nuked like the thread in optics. Even though it'll be much more expensive once it makes its way across the border, at these rumored prices, I'm very interested.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Let's see if this one gets nuked like the thread in optics. Even though it'll be much more expensive once it makes its way across the border, at these rumored prices, I'm very interested.
View Quote

Good advertising for them. Don't see why they want them nuked. They may have wanted it under wraps but it is out now and people are getting excited, they might as well ride the wave.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

NIB RMRs from certified dealers can be found under $450 with some patience and "legwork".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
looks like trijicon is a few years late & will most likely be a few hundred over the market.

I love trijicon great pistol night sights the ACOG is the Huey of rifle optics the RMR is nice but not $550 nic ethe accupoints are great but  I AM GUESSING  these will have to be 600ish to compete with proven designs like the t1 or h1 will trijicon let that happen we'll see

Which models?  COST on the 06/07 is $453 depending on if you get them from RSR, Acusport, or even Trijicon themselves.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is this the latest must have?
View Quote

It would be for me if it were dual illuminated like Trijicon products are supposed to be.... They have never built an unmagnified optic that ran on batteries that met market expectations.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Which models?  COST on the 06/07 is $453 depending on if you get them from RSR, Acusport, or even Trijicon themselves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disregard, I thought I paid $431, but it was $481 for my 08.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like the larger objective on the MRO versus the T2. I would consider buying it, as I don't have a small RDS.  I just hope it's not ONE BILLION DOLLARS.
View Quote

I too appreciate the larger objective!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Ya know, at $1000 that is one damn fugly optic...  But for $500 or less, it's sexy as hell!
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top