User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That has to be the ugliest fucking red dot I have ever seen, besides that Aimpoint abortion.  Might as well just go for the Holosun 507c which has a big window and auto shut off and auto on without looking completely retarded.  And also way less expensive.

I use an RMR RM07 right now.
View Quote
Ugly? Maybe you're more interested in optics you can make love to. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it! Reminds me of the old Trijicon Reflex series.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ugly? Maybe you're more interested in optics you can make love to. I don't get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That has to be the ugliest fucking red dot I have ever seen, besides that Aimpoint abortion.  Might as well just go for the Holosun 507c which has a big window and auto shut off and auto on without looking completely retarded.  And also way less expensive.

This is GD. Looking cool is more important than proficiency. You can always just go ahead and claim awesome skills, it's not like anyone is going to drive you and watch it be proven. Or if someone is willing to drive to you, just claim you're worried you'll get Chris Kyled and you still don't have to perform.

Pics are too easy though, gots to look cool for those.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like it! Reminds me of the old Trijicon Reflex series.
View Quote
For GD they should have made the optics area shaped like a key hole...
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pointy elbows. Would not smash.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't get the hate. It really doesn't look bad.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Funny but... people have been overly concerned with appearance of guns/optics/accessories since before IG.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Funny but... people have been overly concerned with appearance of guns/optics/accessories since before IG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Kings have always had to out do each other when it came to weapons...they have been decorated or artistically designed since the first club was hewn...
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kings have always had to out do each other when it came to weapons...they have been decorated or artistically designed since the first club was hewn...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guilty myself
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck how it looks......

Not that it looks bad. It seems huge. But meh I'm far from an expert on these things...
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I want to stick one on top of my ACOG.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OH MY GOD !!!!!

You're right!  The whole thing looks like a dick.  I see it so clearly now.  Thanks for pointing it out!  What would people have thought about ME if I had a flaming homosexual erect giant throbbing penis mounted on my Glock?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good gawd it appears huge compared to the RMR.

Better for gun games, but for a carry gun I'd much rather have the RMR.
View Quote
It's really not much larger than the RMR, but the window size makes visual acquisition of the dot lots quicker and easier - therefore faster target acquisition.

My RMR can be really challenging to acquire the red dot without moving the muzzle in a circle then squaring it up in the window once you have a visual on it. That can be especially challenging through a PVS-14.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ehh... Depends on the application.  For competition it will be the hot shit potentially displacing the DPP as the King of Carry Optics. I'm guessing you'll see these on a lot of Open Guns, too.

For a duty gun worn OWB it'll be just fine. Now, for a concealed carry gun it might be.  However, while it looks large, it's not really all that much larger than an RMR and most of the bulk is added in dead space.

I just backordered a 5MOA to put on a hot rodded G17. If I like it, I'll probably grab a 1MOA for a VZ-58.

We'll see. I'll bet this sucker will be fast. I'll trade bulk for speed but everything for me, including concealed carry, translates back to competition so I have a different perspective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your opinion is this window to big? Is this a comp only optic?
Ehh... Depends on the application.  For competition it will be the hot shit potentially displacing the DPP as the King of Carry Optics. I'm guessing you'll see these on a lot of Open Guns, too.

For a duty gun worn OWB it'll be just fine. Now, for a concealed carry gun it might be.  However, while it looks large, it's not really all that much larger than an RMR and most of the bulk is added in dead space.

I just backordered a 5MOA to put on a hot rodded G17. If I like it, I'll probably grab a 1MOA for a VZ-58.

We'll see. I'll bet this sucker will be fast. I'll trade bulk for speed but everything for me, including concealed carry, translates back to competition so I have a different perspective.
You have the correct perspective.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Sort of want for MP5

Hell no on a pistol
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sort of want for MP5

Hell no on a pistol
View Quote
Wrong!

I want this on CZ Shadow 2...
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wrong!

I want this on CZ Shadow 2...
View Quote
Yup. But I just had mine built with a DPP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll be getting one for a G17.5 MOS.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Sort of want to put one on top of my SBR PS90.  Trijicon made it sort of resemble the stargate, after all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sort of want to put one on top of my SBR PS90.  Trijicon made it sort of resemble the stargate, after all.
View Quote
Checks out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Actually, I think it may be a good option for rifles.
ETA here is a SxS comparison from the vid

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
I want one for my Benelli M2 SBS... It’s got a RMR in a scalarworks cowitness mount, and it’s the fuckin bomb.  But this sight would be even more betterer.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Next to an SBRed 590 Shockwave:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#23]
This looks much more ideally suited to PCCs, PDWs and SMGs and Shotguns than actual carried pistols.

Also... this thing is going to dominate slide-mounted pistol optics in 3-gun and IPSC/USPSA. I wonder how the SRO window size compares to a traditional C-More open division optic; pretty much the gold standard of performance pistol dots.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This looks much more ideally suited to PCCs, PDWs and SMGs and Shotguns than actual carried pistols.

Also... this thing is going to dominate slide-mounted pistol optics in 3-gun and IPSC/USPSA. I wonder how the SRO window size compares to a traditional C-More open division optic; pretty much the gold standard of performance pistol dots.
View Quote
After seeing this video I want.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2206956496053732&id=100002182090265
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After seeing this video I want.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2206956496053732&id=100002182090265
I'm sure I'll try one on a pistol at some point soonish.  My initial thought had been to put one on top of my CWAR's TA33, but after looking at the pics and the mount plate on top of the ACOG, I don't think it'll work.  The overhang part of the sight, at the front, seems like it will not clear the elevation adjustment.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Funny you prima Donna's didnt defend the ACRO like this
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm sure I'll try one on a pistol at some point soonish.  My initial thought had been to put one on top of my CWAR's TA33, but after looking at the pics and the mount plate on top of the ACOG, I don't think it'll work.  The overhang part of the sight, at the front, seems like it will not clear the elevation adjustment.  
View Quote
That would be dumb as shit if they didn't design it to clear that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Piggyback on an ACOG isn't their target use.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Piggyback on an ACOG isn't their target use.
View Quote
I would like for ACOG.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would like for ACOG.
View Quote
Don't be a coward.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Funny you prima Donna's didnt defend the ACRO like this
View Quote
I actually did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#32]
In for a critical review.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top