Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Miami_JBT posted a graphic indicating FL’s population comprises roughly just 30-ish percent natives.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Can we split Florida into North and South Florida?  We'll take everything above Orlando.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we split Florida into North and South Florida?  We'll take everything above Orlando.
View Quote
Neg.

The entire state must be cleansed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can certainly blame Canada for all the fuckin Quebecois that make their way down here every year.
View Quote
No shit.

I wish they would stop "remembering" how to get here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet Florida will gladly give them back
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Florida, here is the deal.   If you take NY residents then you must also take Andrew Cuomo.   No give backs.  
View Quote
NY doesn't want him either.  There needs to be political compromise to come up with a workable solution.  I say send Cuomo to someplace in the middle.

If you look at the map a straight line between NYC and Miami would have him dropped off around the "C" in South Carolina.  Works for me.

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NYers probably burned down the Red Bar, too.

Send 'em back, Jack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Translation: NY is ruining Florida.
If your definition of "is" is "has been for a long fucking time", then I'll agree with you.
NYers probably burned down the Red Bar, too.

Send 'em back, Jack.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
That guy looks like such a ghoul.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]
No thanks!!!

Really.

Go away. We're full.

Florida's closed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll send them back to you a busload at a time.  The only thing happening is the damn Yankees are bringing their shit politics with them.

We really don't care how you did it up there.  Don't come down here and fuck this state up too...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I say we send every New Yorker in Florida back to New York. Yes even the New York "Conservatives" they have given us more gun control than the instate Democrats have.
View Quote
This is the first article I found with a quick search, in regards to the New Yorker population in Florida. Granted, it's 5 years old. So I'm not sure how much it differs from now. But it says New Yorkers only made up 8% of FL's population at the time in 2014. Let's say it's up to 10% now (just a guess).

If y'all natives can't outvote that 10% (and that's assuming the entire 10% has voted blue, which is of course untrue)...then you aren't as conservative a state as you think, or the residents who are, just don't vote. Much like how the entire upstate of NY goes mostly red, but when you look at the number of registered voters and compare it to the number of votes made, it's clear there's a shit ton of people who simply don't vote.

Those born outside the CONUS make up the biggest part of your non-native population. Which way do foreigners usually vote?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Surprised ny hasn't figured out a way to tax folks who leave the state. Kind of like those who move to another country and give up US citizenship have to pay for X amount of years.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's almost like sky high taxes for pork while neglecting infrastructure might not be a great way to run a state government. Hmm..
View Quote
Nah, that can't be it.  It's all Trump's fault.  And Florida.  And Tennessee.  And Texas.  And...  well, everything BUT high taxes and excess spending.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, to be fair. New Yorkers stole our state. So FUCK YOU & FUCK THEM, you commie FUCK!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can't wait to leave. It's actually in sight now
View Quote
The dream won't come no closer.  We gotta run after it now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ll be there on Sunday.  Only for a week, thats about all I can take of FL
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll be there on Sunday.  Only for a week, thats about all I can take of FL
View Quote
That is the way we like it.
Come, spend money (so we don't have to pay taxes).
Then go home.
Win win win!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
We don't want them here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
And VA, NC, TN, GA, SC, TX, etc
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
From all of conservative FL-

YOU CAN HAVE THEM BACK!
View Quote
Seinfeld: Del Boca Vista (Clip) | TBS
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
But then they vote for democrats.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#24]
The NY'ers who did not vote for Cuomo should be granted political asylum.

They should be given "refugee" status, but must assimilate into the culture.

This will require subduing their foreign NY culture, or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, to be fair. New Yorkers stole our state. So FUCK YOU & FUCK THEM, you commie FUCK!
View Quote
George's parents move to Florida. Seinfeld
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#26]
LOL.  Fuck off.  Nobody is going through the time, expense, and aggravation of moving across the country because they missed out on a few thousand dollars of deductions this year.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
FPNI

New York can take them all back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not me, I don't want them here; I don't fucking care that you can drive in snow or how you did it back up north.
FPNI

Don't worry I don't plan on it, you can instead take 100 liberals who will run into your state and I'll take my conservative voting stances to another state.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wish Pennsylvania had that problem..

I mean New Yorkers here moving to Florida.
View Quote
I belive you can call me an expatriate that came back home.

Looking back it's hard to believe I spent 25 years there.....20 if you deduct time in the
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A major part of his problem is that his government employees take their State and municpal retirement liabilities with them when they go bye bye....
View Quote
How is this a problem?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#32]
We had a local self made billionaire named Tom Golisano.  He founded Paychex.  State and local governments looked upon him as a tax windfall and taxed him accordingly.  He fought back, got his property taxes reduced and then moved to Florida to save on state income taxes.  Even took out a full page ad in the local newspapers to explain his side of the story.  One thing that me mentioned was that the move to Florida saves him over $13,000 a day.  That adds up to $5,000,000 a year that he puts into his considerable charitable enterprises.

Tom did try to run for governor of NY a few times to try to change things, but neither party would embrace him because party bosses could not control him.  Does this sound familiar?   So he left and took his considerable fortune with him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I live in the Pittsburgh area about half an hour from the WV line and 40 from the Ohio line and for some reason, two and a half hours away from the closest town in NY, NY plates are the most common out of state plate I see around here. I don't know if they're moving here, or just passing through, but I never saw this many NY plates prior to about a year ago. And those god-awful orange plates stick out like a sore thumb so I doubt it's because I just didn't notice before.

There are enough PA natives as it is trying to turn this place into NY even without all the NY/NJ transplants. I've lived in PA my whole life, loved it here up until about 2-3 years ago thinking i'd never leave, and now I am 100% dead set on getting out of here in the next 5 years tops.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I’ll be there on Sunday.  Only for a week, thats about all I can take of FL
View Quote
You can take more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#35]
So go to Hawaii and sue them to make them come back.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Better get some slave patrols going, to round them up and bring them back.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
LOL.  Fuck off.  Nobody is going through the time, expense, and aggravation of moving across the country because they missed out on a few thousand dollars of deductions this year.
View Quote
Only the smart ones, who think long term. But you do you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
"Stealing" this man is a total douche.

Someone post the commercials that Perry from Texas, and Scott and Jeb from Florida use to run about come to our state, no red tape, no state income tax.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Better translation: stupid Dems are ruining red States.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#40]
The leftists need to go back to NY where they belong.  I’d support them getting a big tax break too, under the condition they can never move out of NY again for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We had a local self made billionaire named Tom Golisano.  He founded Paychex.  State and local governments looked upon him as a tax windfall and taxed him accordingly.  He fought back, got his property taxes reduced and then moved to Florida to save on state income taxes.  Even took out a full page ad in the local newspapers to explain his side of the story.  One thing that me mentioned was that the move to Florida saves him over $13,000 a day.  That adds up to $5,000,000 a year that he puts into his considerable charitable enterprises.

Tom did try to run for governor of NY a few times to try to change things, but neither party would embrace him because party bosses could not control him.  Does this sound familiar?   So he left and took his considerable fortune with him.
View Quote
The "running for office" part of that story sounds like you are mixing in Golisano with Carl Paladino, the Buffalo area developer.  I remember when Paladino ran for Governor.  Guess who is campaign manager was?  Ever heard of Roger Stone?

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Bitch about NY all you want but this chart shows how much return each state gets back for every dollar sent into the federal government.  Seems the so called free states get the most welfare.  NY gets back a lot less that it puts in.  If you want to be free, quit taking so much money form the federal government.

Every state has liberal cities.  What state kept sending John McCain back as senator?   What state kept Harry Reid in office?  Texas gave us Anne Richards.  Every bit as liberal as Schumer or Cuomo so those state must be liberal shit holes too.  As I have stated many times here the real divide is rural vs. urban.  The exception being Madison, WI which is a bastion of conservative politics.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fucking Yankees
View Quote
Maybe if you accelerated your Floridaman postings the influx would slow down.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#44]
You’re more than welcome to take them back.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

FPNI

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bitch about NY all you want but this chart shows how much return each state gets back for every dollar sent into the federal government.  Seems the so called free states get the most welfare.  NY gets back a lot less that it puts in.  If you want to be free, quit taking so much money form the federal government.

Every state has liberal cities.  What state kept sending John McCain back as senator?   What state kept Harry Reid in office?  Texas gave us Anne Richards.  Every bit as liberal as Schumer or Cuomo so those state must be liberal shit holes too.  As I have stated many times here the real divide is rural vs. urban.  The exception being Madison, WI which is a bastion of conservative politics.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64796/966724856-844120.jpg
View Quote
Update:  Florida is #28, New York is #36.

Even the federal government is averse to investing in blue states

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#47]
So, they're upset, someone else doesn't want to take as much of their money as they do?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#48]
He should build a wall to keep NY'ers in.  That'll work, right?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Is he muslim?  I mean, blaming someone else for the problems you cause?  Sounds like some others besides the muslim complaint that it's always someone else's fault because there are consequences to way they live their lives.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#50]
My family lived in FL before it was even a state. My brother already left and I suppose I'll end up moving to a free state soon enough. My area still doesn't have many transplants, but it won't matter since S. FL will drive elections and ruin the northern (Southern) part of this state.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top