Double stacked, but yeah.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
An FFL I work with looked up his price.
$479 but it's preorder only right now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I don't YouTube gun dweeb. What's he say about the trigger? Straight pull? Good/bad?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bet on it. It's the way to generate continuous media buzz and sales. It's not just a "gun" thing either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh, curious at first

now I want one

kinda worried in 6 months a rail version will be released and then a RDS ready version

Bet on it. It's the way to generate continuous media buzz and sales. It's not just a "gun" thing either.

in fairness, if they said "hey we're releasing this model now and an upgraded one in 6 months if you like this!" they'd be eating into their own sales.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like something midcap would love.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I haven’t seen anything that indicates whether the trigger is or is not a true 1911 style. Everything so far still seems to indicate a straight-back pull, but nothing explicit yet. Unless you’ve seen something else you have a link to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a true 1911 trigger??  And so the reason to replace the Sig P365 or Springfield Hellcat except just to buy a new toy?  

I haven’t seen anything that indicates whether the trigger is or is not a true 1911 style. Everything so far still seems to indicate a straight-back pull, but nothing explicit yet. Unless you’ve seen something else you have a link to?

Kind of doubt it can have a 1911 trigger with a dingus built into the trigger. Just can't get excited about another P365/Hellcat runner-up without something special. Put a 1911 trigger, or make it in 10mm, .40 or 357Sig and I'm in!! (God, not another 9mm. Worse is a slow as shit .45 almost falling out of a midget barrel when S&W introduces that cal next.)

If none of you other guys has ever tried a crisp 4lb-5lb 1911 trigger, you need to check it out. There's nothing like it!!!! Over 20 years I've accepted my Glocks and P365 triggers which are OK, but I would welcome a new 10 round 9mm sub-compact just for a true 1911 trigger.

I'm out of here before I really piss you guys off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So I'm gonna assume you don't think a 2011 is a copy of a 1911?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Copy of the star BM
Yes the Star BM was known for its double stack magazine

So I'm gonna assume you don't think a 2011 is a copy of a 1911?
Absolutely not. The 1911 is the progenitor of the 2011, not a copy

Word have meaning
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Kind of doubt it can have a 1911 trigger with a dingus built into the trigger. Just can't get excited about another P365/Hellcat runner-up without something special. Put a 1911 trigger, or make it in 10mm, .40 or 357Sig and I'm in!! (God, not another 9mm. Worse is a slow as shit .45 almost falling out of a midget barrel when S&W introduces that cal next.)

If none of you other guys has ever tried a crisp 4lb-5lb 1911 trigger, you need to check it out. There's nothing like it!!!! Over 20 years I've accepted my Glocks and P365 triggers which are OK, but I would welcome a new 10 round 9mm sub-compact just for a true 1911 trigger.

I'm out of here before I really piss you guys off.
View Quote

Hudson had a 1911 straight-back trigger with dingus in the H9:

They had other issues, but the trigger wasn’t one of them. No reason S&W couldn’t have done it on this new pistol
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

in fairness, if they said "hey we're releasing this model now and an upgraded one in 6 months if you like this!" they'd be eating into their own sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh, curious at first

now I want one

kinda worried in 6 months a rail version will be released and then a RDS ready version

no doubt

Im not mad

Im trying to decide how mad I'm going to be at myself
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the frame. I like the size. That trigger has aids. No optics cut.
6.8/10
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Neat. Not for me
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
So, it’s bigger, heavier, and holds fewer rounds than a Sig P365, while managing to have a shorter sight radius and no option for RDS?

I guess it’s SA and hammer fired, but unless the trigger is 1911 crisp, does that matter?

I guess I’m just not seeing the ‘why’ for this pistol.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
No optic cut, no light mount.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, it’s bigger, heavier, and holds fewer rounds than a Sig P365, while managing to have a shorter sight radius and no option for RDS?

I guess it’s SA and hammer fired, but unless the trigger is 1911 crisp, does that matter?

View Quote

It's not too difficult to make most hammer fired triggers very crisp.  Whether it comes out of the box that way remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't get to post these often enough.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
9mm Luger? Excellent.
View Quote

No it’s in 9mm Largo

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn, I might have to come back to S&W.  CZ doesn't have browning pattern carry guns with OEM flat triggers (just high end comp guns) so this is very attractive.
View Quote

@czecherds what about a cz75b SAO?

I just picked it up and it has a flat trigger OEM

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#19]
7 lb trigger per mr fancy
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not a fan of the 365. Weight is negligible considering I carry a G43X that's 18.70 ounces, while the CSX is 19.7, OMG sooooo heavy. Holding fewer rounds is also negligible, I could go back to a Shield 7 round plus 1 if the 43X goes down for any unforeseen reason and be of no concern. People have been doing shorter sight radiuses before red dots on carry guns were even a thing, making it too negligible.

The beauty about having these choices, there is no why. There's only not for you if it's not your thing. Obviously it's not for you and nobody has to explain why it's for them. At least there's options to choose from and that's a good thing.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Right click, save. Right click, save. Right click, save…
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, it's bigger, heavier, and holds fewer rounds than a Sig P365, while managing to have a shorter sight radius and no option for RDS?

I guess it's SA and hammer fired, but unless the trigger is 1911 crisp, does that matter?

I guess I'm just not seeing the 'why' for this pistol.
View Quote
Maybe SIG sells enough 938s that S&W thought "let's double column that design, M&P the styling, and it will make us some bucks."
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Star model BM and the old S&W autos had great triggers. It can be done.

Not directed at you, but there's way too much talk about trigger pulls here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm am M&P fan (but own and like 1911s). I don't see what the point is if they didn't replicate the amazing trigger of the 1911.

The Star model BM and the old S&W autos had great triggers. It can be done.

Not directed at you, but there's way too much talk about trigger pulls here.

After watching the video, I didn't realize how small it was. Now I want one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I’m really not one for microcompact pistols. This design would have a lot of potential if they expanded it to a 4” compact and 5” fullsize though. That would certainly be interesting
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
An FFL I work with looked up his price.
$479 but it's preorder only right now.
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#26]
It reminds me of the Spainish Star line of single action auto that where kind of 1911 ish design in the 80s and 90s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Firestar_M43

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I am a huge S&W fan, I own more of their guns than any other single manufacturer. Not sure if I am interested in this?

The smallest gun I can shoot fast and accurately is my Shield. I have an LCP in .380, it's so small I can hit with it, but definitely slower than the Shield. I shoot the G26 similar. The grip isn't long enough for me. The shield is perfect, for me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It reminds me of the Spainish Star line of single action auto that where kind of 1911 ish design in the 80s and 90s.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Star_M43_Firestar.jpg/1280px-Star_M43_Firestar.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Interesting
View Quote

My LGS released them today. $580
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

No problem, at least for me.

For myself, I don't want either of those on a subcompact carry weapon.  If I'm going for small, I want small and clean, without extra items hanging off of it.  Nightstand or HD weapon is a different story... different job, different tool.

YMMV of course.  Choices are good.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I like the frame. I like the size. That trigger has aids. No optics cut.
6.8/10
View Quote

-2 for playing glock games with gen 1 model
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I kinda like it…..
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Just messed with one an hour ago. Trigger was nice, slide seemed really easy to rack, had good weight, and it fit my hand better than my P365X. I definitely like it, but I’ll hold off til next year when they release the slide cut/railed version.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m all for new designs, but I like variety
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#35]
The NEW Smith & Wesson CSX Review: What is it?

Interesting.. it's actually lighter than a Shield and holds more rounds.

James liked it, however no night sights and not milled for optic (no rail either). I'm sure an aftermarket option for night sights will be available, but SIG includes them on their 365XL, and prices look to be roughly the same for the two.

He would have preferred the trigger to be a little lighter (just over 5 lbs on his model), but again that's something you can tweak later with springs or something.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#36]
First time I saw a pic I thought they had resurrected the Star Firestar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Would like to get my hands on one even though I just bought a P365.  Could be a buy.

Count me in for liking that it doesn't have a rail and not caring about an optics cut.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Star_M43_Firestar.jpg/1280px-Star_M43_Firestar.jpg
View Quote

Very similar concept, just with an alloy frame and new "kinda doublestack" magazine tech.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Gee Aytch Eee Wye.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Odds are pretty strong I will end up with one. But only after the optics ready version appears.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gee Aytch Eee Wye.
View Quote

english?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#42]
From Smith & Wesson today

Smith & Wesson® CSX™ Overview
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sort of want.
View Quote

In .45 apc
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#44]
If anyone at the company has a brain they’d size this thing up, add a grip safety and make it into a pseudo 2011 line. If they could get the accuracy/reliability there and affordable mags it would move in all sizes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
because those are things every deep concealment gun should have
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

english?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee Aytch Eee Wye.

english?

"DRINK MORE OVALTINE"
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#47]
So it is Chief’s Special X. Interesting
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I didn't realize it till it hit my email this morning. This is not a competitor to the sig 365, S&W Shield, Glock Whatever or the Hellcat.

This is basically a modern Colt Mustang/Springfield 911/Sig 938.

And given the demand for these micro-double stack striker fired guns, I can't believe there's enough demand to put the engineering and marketing into what's essentially another micro 1911.

I mean I'm a S&W fanboi, but really? I own several M&P's and I own a 1911 and a sig 938.

10 to 12 rounds, that's great, but if I'm going to buy, it's going to be another striker fired plastic gun.

I loved the 10mm and the Shield plus, but I put this down there with that Keltec shotgun they copied.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

And not every gun needs them. We are awash in options now and that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#50]
That doesn't look bad at all.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top