Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I love hammer fired guns.  About damn time someone made a slim hammer fired carry piece.

Only knock I can see sofar is the retarded looking trigger. Hopefully aftermarket will fix that.

CZ needs to hurry the fuck up and get into the slim hammer fired game!
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRDu8hnCCW8

Interesting.. it's actually lighter than a Shield and holds more rounds.

James liked it, however no night sights and not milled for optic (no rail either). I'm sure an aftermarket option for night sights will be available, but SIG includes them on their 365XL, and prices look to be roughly the same for the two.

He would have preferred the trigger to be a little lighter (just over 5 lbs on his model), but again that's something you can tweak later with springs or something.
View Quote
Well I'm now sold. Not having an optics cut doesn't even bother me as I don't do them anyways on my other guns. No light rail, well I hope that changes but still will not stop me from buying one. If carried, an E1E using the FBI technique would work in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
(snip)
And given the demand for these micro-double stack striker fired guns, I can't believe there's enough demand to put the engineering and marketing into what's essentially another micro 1911.
I mean I'm a S&W fanboi, but really? I own several M&P's and I own a 1911 and a sig 938.
10 to 12 rounds, that's great, but if I'm going to buy, it's going to be another striker fired plastic gun.
View Quote

There's the difference.  Some of us don't really have the hots for "striker fired plastic guns" -- we buy them because there have been precious few choices OTHER than "striker-fired plastic guns".

No doubt -- I like some of them too (Shield+ and LCP Max are in my EDC rotation), but a hammer-fired high-cap manual-safety subcompact with a metal frame presses all my buttons.  The existing 9mm 1911 mini-clones out there so far (even ignoring that they are all low-cap) seem to have a problem with reliability.  If it turns out that S&W has that reliability AND a street price less than $600 -- it's a winner.

EDIT TO ADD:  I do like the Springfield EMP too but it's larger in pretty much every dimension, low capacity, half a pound(!) heavier and at $1300, over twice as expensive as the CSX.  Not to mention that it too seems to have reliability problems.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I didn't realize it till it hit my email this morning. This is not a competitor to the sig 365, S&W Shield, Glock Whatever or the Hellcat.

This is basically a modern Colt Mustang/Springfield 911/Sig 938.

And given the demand for these micro-double stack striker fired guns, I can't believe there's enough demand to put the engineering and marketing into what's essentially another micro 1911.

I mean I'm a S&W fanboi, but really? I own several M&P's and I own a 1911 and a sig 938.

10 to 12 rounds, that's great, but if I'm going to buy, it's going to be another striker fired plastic gun.

I loved the 10mm and the Shield plus, but I put this down there with that Keltec shotgun they copied.
View Quote

I'm not sure I understand the criticism here.

The P938, Kimber Micro, and similar pistols have been reliable sellers for many years now, and guys are fawning over $2k 2011s with mediocre build quality because they like the idea of a SAO double stack carry gun.

Split the difference between those two in the best way possible, and you get... this gun. The size, capacity, feature set, and price are all at a very good intersection.

This might not be your bag of chips, but this thing can and likely will be the Goldilocks carry gun for a lot of guys out there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't care about a rail but there has got to be just about zero chance they don't release one with an optic cut. If they do I may just buy one...
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But why?

The odd in-between of a Shield and M&P.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Info And images are leaking. 9mm. 10 and 12 rd mags. SAO. Ambi.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222048/7ACB8527-6698-4EC1-91D9-B2D49ED2EB4B_jpe-2221704.JPG

But why?

The odd in-between of a Shield and M&P.

Hammer with what I assume is a better trigger will appeal to a lot of us that don’t like striker triggers and don’t have issues with safeties.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The P938, Kimber Micro, and similar pistols have been reliable sellers for many years now, and guys are fawning over $2k 2011s with mediocre build quality because they like the idea of a SAO double stack carry gun.

Split the difference between those two in the best way possible, and you get... this gun. The size, capacity, feature set, and price are all at a very good intersection.

This might not be your bag of chips, but this thing can and likely will be the Goldilocks carry gun for a lot of guys out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't realize it till it hit my email this morning. This is not a competitor to the sig 365, S&W Shield, Glock Whatever or the Hellcat.

This is basically a modern Colt Mustang/Springfield 911/Sig 938.

I loved the 10mm and the Shield plus, but I put this down there with that Keltec shotgun they copied.

I'm going to +1 this post.

It may not scratch everyone's itch, but it'll scratch a lot of them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

english?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee Aytch Eee Wye.

english?

He has cum in his eye ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does that person have really tiny hands or is that thing really fucking big for being a 10rd 9mm?
View Quote

That’s what I was thinking.  With P365 and magguts you’ve got 14+1 in a smaller package.  No interest here
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Spare magazines available probably March, 2023
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm mildly interested.

That stupid trigger dingus needs to go, though. I don't want that shit on polymer striker guns, much less SAO hammer guns with a manual safety.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm mildly interested.

That stupid trigger dingus needs to go, though. I don't want that shit on polymer striker guns, much less SAO hammer guns with a manual safety.
View Quote

That might be my biggest complaint about the design.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I've watched a few review videos. It's smaller than I expected, I figured it was a compact, but it's really an ultracompact. I do like it, and figure I'll try to pick one up when they become more available.

I'd kinda like it if they made one in a compact size... add an inch of barrel and a little more grip.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’m 100% positive that happened exactly like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won high overall in a local USPSA match shooting an open gun with no sights whatsoever.  That included poppers and plate rack.

When you shoot enough it gets easy.

I’m 100% positive that happened exactly like this.

I'm a limited M, won (HOA) lev I match after sheared off my front sight (6" Benny Hill 2011) on the draw on the 2nd stage of a 5 stage match.  Akin to opnblstr I'm a point shooter and also a trigger slapper.  Simply because you do not believe something is possible does not eliminate the ability for it to happen.  

also take into account the possible content and attendees in a local match, and that didn't include Jerry M.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm mildly interested.

It's easier to remove than the hinged trigger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't know too much about the CSX except when I saw it at the gun store yesterday.

So this is just my thoughts on it so far. I have been a range instructor since 2013, and I'm a good shooter, nowhere near the best, but I do well. So this is a small review I wrote over on the SW handgun section.

This is from a Law Enforcement perspective of needing a deep concealment handgun. I'm not a pro or tier 1 operator, just a guy that likes guns and has to use them for work.

My local store had one priced for $550. I held it and it felt very nice. Trigger was a little heavy, but not bad. I was looking for a small carry gun as I am in need of a few pocket pistols for various carry situations over the next few years. I had an EMP 9mm, and could never get it to run right. I had a Sig 938, and again had problems with it. My Glock 43x is great, but just a touch too big (this is the gun I use everyday at work when I don't have to carry anything substantial) and just deal with the size. I also have a G43, but always hated that it only has 6+1.  

When I brought it home I noticed a few problems:

1. The extractor pin was not fully seated (was flush with the top of the slide, and not the recess). I pushed it with a decent amount of force with a tip of a pen and it seated and clicked into position. (I only realized that is was not fully seat by watching a few youtube reviews of the gun)

2. When loading the 12rd mag it will not drop free with more that 6rds in the mag. When full, I have to forcefully pull it out of the magwell. It will drop maybe 1/2 inch, then it takes a few pounds of pull to free the mag ( it is really noticeable, as I really have to yank it out). To me not a huge issue as it is not a tactical gun for my purposes.

3. When the 12rd mag is empty the filler sleeve around the bottom of the mag likes to catch on any portion of your hand/palm ( I have medium size hands), thus slowing the mag from ejecting or stopping it from ejecting all together. In order to guarantee the mag to fall free I have to baby glock my grips and extend my pinky and ring finger out straight to keep my had out of the way from interfering with the mag travel. The sleeve also like to turn 45 degrees as it feels like it is a little oversized and loose around the mag

4. the 10rd mag is very hard to seat, like very very hard to seat, but when full it does drop free, go figure.

5. The trigger return sucks bad, maybe it is just my gun, but I have no click at all when fully releasing the trigger. The trigger also seem to be very slow in resetting forward, almost like the spring is too light to push it forward, but the trigger has a heavy pull ( not sure of poundage, but very noticeable compared to all of my striker pistols and my 1911's), so it does not make much sense to me. I did have a few ghost resets (like in the TFB video), but i thiught the trigger was let all the way out and I do not hear or feel a click.

On the plus side the gun never had a malfunction and I cleaned it prior to the range and put 250 rds through it, 50rds of 124gr Speer lawman, and 200rds of 124gr Winchester NATO.

So far I feel it is more of a flop than a hit. It could change for me, but for right now I wish I just bought a Glock 43x mos instead.

Also for pocket carry it does feel much smaller that my Glock 43X. It feels like an inbetweener of my Glock 43X and Glock 43, but with 12rds ( so thumbs up to that).

Accuracy is still out for "ME". I shot it like crap for the first 100rds. After that I was keeping shots on a 6 inch circle at 7 and 10 yards. Recoil is like shooting my Glock 43 (Not great, but not horrible). My 43X is much nicer in the recoil dept. Recoil is a give and take for me with a gun this size, so it is not really a negative.

That is it for me now, and I am still very neutral on this gun as of now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ve seen shooting 1911s and SAO guns for decades. I handled the CSX at the LGS.  It had possibilities but as usual S&W ignores the details makes a hash of it.

It’s relatively heavy for its size which isn’t a bad thing with a small gun in 9mm,  but its not a pocket gun.

The ambi thumb safety and slide stop levers are both stupid and interfere with my trigger finger, and I dont have sausage fingers.  If you are that minority left handed person, buy a left handed gun or figure out a work-around, but S&W decides to torture the rest of us.

And there is no non-ambi thumb safety option. Thats enough fail right there to pass on this.

Due to the small size of the pistol, thumb safety does not disengage quickly, and the detents also have a soft feel.

Yes the spacer sleeve is hash with a sloppy fit.

Trigger pull is abrupt and heavy. Like snapping a branch over your knee. You buy a SAO pistol for a nice trigger, and this isn’t.

CSX is a niche gun, and I’m a niche guy, and I’m not getting one.   I’m also not a poly striker hater, so I cant see what this has to offer over a P365 or Hellcat which have better triggers and faster/easier to use.

Aftermarket? Sure, make it less reliable and void your warranty. Im sure Apex will have some of their crap out in short order.  S&W wont even directly sell parts for their guns anymore.

If clueless S&W had put this energy into making a double stack Bodyguard 380 (or even a simple extended magazine for it), they would have had something marketable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I held one today at the local gun show.  

It fit my hand well, as does the Shield (the SIG 365 does not).  It's noticeably smaller than the Shield (a Shield was right next to it on the dealer's table).  

The safety placement and function actually was good ergonomically for me, though everyone's hand is different.  

...my non-review (just held, didn't shoot) 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I held one today at the local gun show.  

It fit my hand well, as does the Shield (the SIG 365 does not).  It's noticeably smaller than the Shield (a Shield was right next to it on the dealer's table).  

The safety placement and function actually was good ergonomically for me, though everyone's hand is different.  

...my non-review (just held, didn't shoot) 2 cents.
View Quote

Thanks for the honest review, my curiosity is now wanting to really find out for myself now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok, now I'm picturing a higher-capacity 938. Herr SIG, how about it?

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok, now I'm picturing a higher-capacity 938. Herr SIG, how about it?

View Quote

I love my Kimber Micro 9. I'd love one with maybe 1/2" more barrel and enough grip for a flush-fit 7 round mag.

OR all of the above with a double-stack flush-fit 10-12 round magazine. I would buy.

I'm still curious about the CSX. Maybe in a couple months, after a couple vacations I have planned, I'll find one and give it a try. It would probably end up as my truck gun (truck parked inside locked garage almost all the time).
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My advice to interested parties would be to wait 6 months, because you know 17 variations are right behind it, each more tactical than the last.
View Quote

This is kind of where I'm at. I don't care about a rail but I would like to see an optics ready variation. Plus that will give Magguts time to come out with mag extensions. I'd also like to see a slightly wider shelf on the safety and a dingus free trigger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I held one yesterday. Was … underwhelmed. Which bums me out, because I love S&W, but they needed to go next-level to make it better than - or equal to - the P365. And they didn’t.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#25]
What's old is new again.

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
A .22lr version with threaded barrel and suppressor sights please.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Wrong mm to be cool.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top