Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus, dude. Not sure what to say...make sure the damn thing is unloaded and there's no ammunition around.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come on....man up and tell us what your former screen name was. The mods won't mind.
View Quote

I've never had a username on here before. I have extensively used this website for information regarding ammo, firearms opinions, AR15 info, etc, but just decided I should make a username tonight
and I guess I just decided I wanted to share my story. I can say I have started to get a little better at talking to people about it.
Originally I would just make up bullshit stories. People would ask what happened and I would say stuff like:
"I was attacked by a badger" or "A horse bit me" or "I had a masterbation accident"
And people usually left me alone after that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Oktoberfest (beer festival) and OP's story make perfect sense
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oktoberfest (beer festival) and OP's story make perfect sense
View Quote

I hadn't even had anything to drink that night. That's the sad thing. It was just stupidity and negligence
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've never had a username on here before. I have extensively used this website for information regarding ammo, firearms opinions, AR15 info, etc, but just decided I should make a username tonight
and I guess I just decided I wanted to share my story. I can say I have started to get a little better at talking to people about it.
Originally I would just make up bullshit stories. People would ask what happened and I would say stuff like:
"I was attacked by a badger" or "A horse bit me" or "I had a masterbation accident"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come on....man up and tell us what your former screen name was. The mods won't mind.

Nevermind, paging NorCal -- I'll be surprised if he's not a retread

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure why everyone thinks this is a made up story. There isnt much else I can do to prove this happened.
I provided details about the night it happened and the accident, I showed pictures, what the hell else do people want?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not sure why everyone thinks this is a made up story. There isnt much else I can do to prove this happened.
I provided details about the night it happened and the accident, I showed pictures, what the hell else do people want?
View Quote

Blood of your first born, pics of your GF, pics of damage to house, and a youtube video of your mom telling the story while holding an FUAROCK sign.

But there will still be some that call BS.

ETA: Forgot pics of the gun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

But in all seriousness, not a troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Definitely a retread troll.  And not a good one. Good try at starting yet ANOTHER thread about caliber debates.  I never can decide which round is better...9mm or 45 acp or is the best 40 s&w?  Ugh this is getting old.

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

I like you already.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I am disappoint  

OP's either a troll or a careless idiot.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shoot yourself and tell me what you think about. Its probably not going to be:
"Well shucks, I shouldnt leave my gun just sitting there loaded like that. I better unload it."

for me it was "Wholy Shit, I shot myself. Oh my god." I did calm down though once the bleeding was more under control
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It cycled the empty case out and loaded a fresh round in it. However, I can also say I didn't unload it because I was too busy bleeding all over my room.

Yeah, cycled out the empty case you just shot yourself with. You didn't clear your gun, and now admitted to leaving a loaded mag in the gun as well.

I think we now have OP tripling down on full retard in handling guns.

"Well shucks, I shouldnt leave my gun just sitting there loaded like that. I better unload it."

for me it was "Wholy Shit, I shot myself. Oh my god." I did calm down though once the bleeding was more under control

First rule.Treat every gun as if it's loaded.

You fucked up from step one, and are going to have a badass scar, and possible nerve damage to prove it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
May I dare to say something to put in perspective the pain of getting shot?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting first post Mr. OctoberfestTry not to let that happen again!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You fucked up from step one, and are going to have a badass scar, and possible nerve damage to prove it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It cycled the empty case out and loaded a fresh round in it. However, I can also say I didn't unload it because I was too busy bleeding all over my room.

Yeah, cycled out the empty case you just shot yourself with. You didn't clear your gun, and now admitted to leaving a loaded mag in the gun as well.

I think we now have OP tripling down on full retard in handling guns.

I know, my hand probably wont be the same again. But I told myself I want to try to learn to play some Johnny Cash on the guitar.
Just because it would be an awesome personal victory to do that with my hand being the way it is.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]

holy shit
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
What a fail.  I have no witty response to it because it's just that fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't worry, we have a large contingent of users here who insist that you don't really always have to follow all the rules of gun safety, and pointing the gun at your own hand is totally fine because the gun points at other people all the time while you carry it in a bag or holster and it's totally the same thing.

Did OP post how he recovered the round? A hand isn't going to stop it...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely a retread troll.  And not a good one. Good try at starting yet ANOTHER thread about caliber debates.  I never can decide which round is better...9mm or 45 acp or is the best 40 s&w?  Ugh this is getting old.

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

That's just what a troll would say...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I checked. He's not a retread unless he's a hell of a lot smarter than the average bear. But the subject matter of this thread pretty much rules that out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

That's just what a troll would say...
I checked. He's not a retread unless he's a hell of a lot smarter than the average bear. But the subject matter of this thread pretty much rules that out.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Long version, and a TLDR summary at the bottom.

Bonus points if you can include an MS Paint diagram or a pic of the gun that includes your toes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I should first ask if people want to hear the short version, or a longer version with more details?
Long version, and a TLDR summary at the bottom.

Bonus points if you can include an MS Paint diagram or a pic of the gun that includes your toes.

That's assbackards, the summary should come first.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I dont always dry fire sigs. But when i do they arent dry.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:28:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Thank you for sharing story. Hope your hand heals well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#26]
How much did your moms insurance pay for your little experiment?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
 Hope you have thick skin.
View Quote

Never has anything truer on this site been said
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#29]
OMG fresh meat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Post it here.  Hope you have thick skin.
View Quote

I guess you haven't noticed all of the butthurt and bans from peoples feels getting hurt?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Am I the only one that was hoping this was going to be a, "shot myself in the ass while practicing quick draw using my new pistol sling", story?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

But before that, if you know a woman, could you post a picture of her?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The guy must be a Sig owner. Did you see how gently he laid the pistol on the ground?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a fail.  I have no witty response to it because it's just that fucking stupid.
The guy must be a Sig owner. Did you see how gently he laid the pistol on the ground?

Actually, I think I just dropped it on the floor. At that point I wasnt concerned about protecting my gun from scratches or anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have ate at Ryan's Steakhouse. Not sure about the experiment you talk of. And the bullet went through my wall and hit the dryer in the next room. Thankfully, the dryer still works.
Otherwise my mom would have killed me haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in hoping this guy is for real, buuuuttttttt he's probably not.

Just wondering, how or why would someone make this stuff up?
But then again, I'm also not someone who lies, in person or the internet

Did the gun cycle? If yes why didn't you check to see if it fired again?

Also where did the bullet end up? What did it strike. Would you volunteer to be part of Old Painlees's experiments?  Have you ever eaten at Ryans Steakhouse?

I have ate at Ryan's Steakhouse. Not sure about the experiment you talk of. And the bullet went through my wall and hit the dryer in the next room. Thankfully, the dryer still works.
Otherwise my mom would have killed me haha

Oh shit, now you went and done it. Need pics of the mom.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I hope you are right handed because that left hand is getting NO action.

Dumbass, don't do that again
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh shit, now you went and done it. Need pics of the mom.
View Quote

Awwww yeahhhhh
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Post up a scan of the police AAR
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was talking about the "OMG - I shot myself in the $%^&*ing leg"    video someone posted above.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I think I just dropped it on the floor. At that point I wasnt concerned about protecting my gun from scratches or anything.
I was talking about the "OMG - I shot myself in the $%^&*ing leg"    video someone posted above.

Ahh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol. I think next year after graduation I might look into buying a Beretta or something with a thumb safety and a DA/SA trigger.
I know neither of those features would have probably helped, but I think they will make me feel more comfortable in the future.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope this school you speak of has English and grammar classes, because you need them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ahh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol. I think next year after graduation I might look into buying a Beretta or something with a thumb safety and a DA/SA trigger.
I know neither of those features would have probably helped, but I think they will make me feel more comfortable in the future.
View Quote

No offence but all the safeties in the world don't matter when you take a gun to your body and squeeze the trigger with a loaded clip.

I mean for fucks sake, a gun safe and trigger lock doesn't stop that kind of awesome.

Hopefully you learn your lesson, and thankfully you weren't doing dry firing practice on neighbors which only tier 1 operators should be doing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hope this school you speak of has English and grammar classes, because you need them.
View Quote

Its not like I am trying to submit my posts to a board of engineers for review/ approval.
I think most people understand my points.
In summary, dont do what I did, its not fun. Like at all.
However, I would have thought it would have hurt more
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Its not like I am trying to submit my posts to a board of engineers for review/ approval.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I almost want to make a "tard strength" joke here, but I don't want to offend you.  Though this board does have a locker room style of teasing thing going on.  

What surprises me is how it didn't penetrate the drying/washer.  Do you have pics of what it hit and where?

Edit-besides your broken dick beater.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#45]
At least I can say that after a realistic test using Gold Dot rounds, that they work very well, and I would trust my life to them.
I wont go full retard again with a gun, or any other destructive device.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#46]
alright, i'm heading to bed now. if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will get back to ya first thing in the morning

i won't be able to monitor the thread anymore, so if any of these knuckleheads give you a hard time let me know and I will deal with it *pinky promise*

goodnight bro
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I almost want to make a "tard strength" joke here, but I don't want to offend you.  Though this board does have a locker room style of teasing thing going on.  

What surprises me is how it didn't penetrate the drying/washer.  Do you have pics of what it hit and where?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dryer was right next to the wall, and when I tried to take a picture of the dent, the photo wouldn't come out well,
due to the close proximity of the phone to the dryer.  and the hole in the wall kind of just looked like a hole.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Beans or no beans?

And long version. Summary and ms paint are also always good too.
View Quote

LOL

In!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
alright, i'm heading to bed now. if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will get back to ya first thing in the morning

i won't be able to monitor the thread anymore, so if any of these knuckleheads give you a hard time let me know and I will deal with it *pinky promise*

goodnight bro
View Quote

It's like 1PM on a Sunday?...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The dryer was right next to the wall, and when I tried to take a picture of the dent, the photo wouldn't come out well,
due to the close proximity of the phone to the dryer.  and the hole in the wall kind of just looked like a hole.
View Quote

Sheetrock wall?  Any clue if it clipped a stud in the wall?  I'm not doubting you, but I'm shocked it didn't at least puncture 1 layer of sheet metal.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top