Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's like 1PM on a Sunday?...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
alright, i'm heading to bed now. if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will get back to ya first thing in the morning

i won't be able to monitor the thread anymore, so if any of these knuckleheads give you a hard time let me know and I will deal with it *pinky promise*

goodnight bro

It's like 1PM on a Sunday?...

We're having a slumber party.  It's 2:40AM here.  Strictly platonic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No offence offense but all the safeties in the world don't matter when you take a gun to your body and squeeze the trigger with a loaded clip.

I mean for fucks sake, a gun safe and trigger lock doesn't stop that kind of awesome.

Hopefully you learn your lesson, and thankfully you weren't doing dry firing practice on neighbors which only tier 1 operators should be doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ahh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol. I think next year after graduation I might look into buying a Beretta or something with a thumb safety and a DA/SA trigger.
I know neither of those features would have probably helped, but I think they will make me feel more comfortable in the future.

No offence offense but all the safeties in the world don't matter when you take a gun to your body and squeeze the trigger with a loaded clip.

I mean for fucks sake, a gun safe and trigger lock doesn't stop that kind of awesome.

Hopefully you learn your lesson, and thankfully you weren't doing dry firing practice on neighbors which only tier 1 operators should be doing.

CLIP?? haven't you learned anything here since 2009?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, I will try to sum up what happened. Forgive me for taking a while to type up the story, so I would suggest drinking a beer or something for a few minutes haha.

But to start off, I am 21, and had the pistol for over a month or so. Its the new Sig Sauer P320 Compact in 9mm.
If anyone is looking for a replacement for their Glocks, I would recommend it. Anyway, if anyone is unfamiliar with
Sig's new pistol, everything can be interchanged including the grip. Which is why I bought the subcompact grip for it.

Anyway, it was the beginning of July and I was deciding whether I wanted the big or small grip on my pistol
for CC while camping. Being tired and distracted by a bunch of things on my mind, I forgot that while my pistol was disassembled
that I had inserted my magazine that was loaded with Gold Dot 9mm +P rounds. That was my first mistake.

I will continue in another reply so people do not become board and resort to searching the nether regions of the internet to stay entertained.
View Quote

This is a ridiculous fucking troll thread.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sheetrock wall?  Any clue if it clipped a stud in the wall?  I'm not doubting you, but I'm shocked it didn't at least puncture 1 layer of sheet metal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dryer was right next to the wall, and when I tried to take a picture of the dent, the photo wouldn't come out well,
due to the close proximity of the phone to the dryer.  and the hole in the wall kind of just looked like a hole.

Sheetrock wall?  Any clue if it clipped a stud in the wall?  I'm not doubting you, but I'm shocked it didn't at least puncture 1 layer of sheet metal.

I looked through the wall, and it didn't hit any studs. It went through two layers of drywall and just left a nice sized dent in the dryer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ahh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol. I think next year after graduation I might look into buying a Beretta or something with a thumb safety and a DA/SA trigger.
I know neither of those features would have probably helped, but I think they will make me feel more comfortable in the future.

That shit stood out but not dry firing practice on neighbors?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I looked through the wall, and it didn't hit any studs. It went through two layers of drywall and just left a nice sized dent in the dryer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dryer was right next to the wall, and when I tried to take a picture of the dent, the photo wouldn't come out well,
due to the close proximity of the phone to the dryer.  and the hole in the wall kind of just looked like a hole.

Well then I'd say 9mm is weak sauce, or you have a really tough hand.  My Glock fortay would knock a front loader washer into another dimension.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well then I'd say 9mm is weak sauce, or you have a really tough hand.  My Glock fortay would knock a front loader washer into another dimension.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty sure the bullet started to tumble once it hit the wall, because even though the bullet expanded, it is flat on two sides of the mushroomed part.
So my guess is that it hit the dryer sideways. Like I said though, I am just happy the dryer still works
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, I appreciate the support from everyone. I am going to have to make a few replies explaining what happened, as my left hand was injured and it has slowed down my typing some. and I will come straight out and say the accident was my fault, and preventable. I guess I should first ask if people want to hear the short version, or a longer version with more details?
View Quote

You're gonna get raped either way. so post whichever you want.
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That part was too retarded to repeat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
So, from what I have gathered is that most people think I am an idiot?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
You're not offering a good enough argument against it

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends, are you a Trump supporter?

Give it time, you'll fit in.  You'll never live this down, but at some point you'll fit in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You don't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't?

I made a very stupid mistake, but I don't believe that one single action should define a person.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a fail.  I have no witty response to it because it's just that fucking stupid.
The guy must be a Sig owner. Did you see how gently he laid the pistol on the ground?

Actually, I think I just dropped it on the floor. At that point I wasnt concerned about protecting my gun from scratches or anything.
I was talking about the "OMG - I shot myself in the $%^&*ing leg"    video someone posted above.

You need to quit planning your next upgrade and get some training. You have some bad habits that need correction. You didn't put that pistol together with a loaded mag inserted. The slide won't go on with a mag in it.

All the safeties in the world won't help you if your brain is disengaged.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At least I can say that after a realistic test using Gold Dot rounds, that they work very well, and I would trust my life to them.
I wont go full retard again with a gun, or any other destructive device.
View Quote

You are single handily convincing me that the Brady Campaign might be on to something. Stellar work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll give you bonus points for correctly using "an" instead of "and".
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
alright, i'm heading to bed now. if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will get back to ya first thing in the morning

i won't be able to monitor the thread anymore, so if any of these knuckleheads give you a hard time let me know and I will deal with it *pinky promise*

goodnight bro
View Quote

WTF??

Been here three years
No STAFF or MODERATOR by your avatar but your "going to deal" with people?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

WTF??

Been here three years

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

goodnight bro

WTF??

Been here three years

I took it as sarcasm.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a fail.  I have no witty response to it because it's just that fucking stupid.
The guy must be a Sig owner. Did you see how gently he laid the pistol on the ground?

Actually, I think I just dropped it on the floor. At that point I wasnt concerned about protecting my gun from scratches or anything.
I was talking about the "OMG - I shot myself in the $%^&*ing leg"    video someone posted above.

you don't need a new gun. You need to drill firearms rules in your head, specifically the one about not pointing your weapon at anything you do not wish to destroy.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shot your wiener off with appendix carry?
View Quote

I thought it was called Mexican carry

In for new Teener Crew member!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sigh... Honestly this experience has taught me something- caliber wars are just stupid.

I thought about it like this. The difference in energies between most handgun rounds are small

enough that its basically splitting hairs. Think about it this way.

Obviously a 44 mag is more powerful than most calibers found in a CCW, however most people feel that

a 44 Mag could stop a bear. But even a hot loaded 44 is less powerful than a 30-30. I doubt many people

would be comfortable bear hunting with a 30-30. So my point out of this is that shot placement is the key deciding factor.

If you disagree, or dont follow any of my logic, well.... I dont know what to say
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PICS!!!!

10mm would've taken your whole arm off.

Sigh... Honestly this experience has taught me something- caliber wars are just stupid.

I thought about it like this. The difference in energies between most handgun rounds are small

enough that its basically splitting hairs. Think about it this way.

Obviously a 44 mag is more powerful than most calibers found in a CCW, however most people feel that

a 44 Mag could stop a bear. But even a hot loaded 44 is less powerful than a 30-30. I doubt many people

would be comfortable bear hunting with a 30-30. So my point out of this is that shot placement is the key deciding factor.

If you disagree, or dont follow any of my logic, well.... I dont know what to say

I've shot a bear with a 30-30 with no problems. A hole is a hole, remember.

Ed

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's the smartest thing you have said since you joined.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

goodnight bro
View Quote

Hey Pinkiy, please deal with me. I'd like to see how you do that with your Super Powers?
Also what are you, in the 5th grade or something?
Ed

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

But in all seriousness, not a troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely a retread troll.  And not a good one. Good try at starting yet ANOTHER thread about caliber debates.  I never can decide which round is better...9mm or 45 acp or is the best 40 s&w?  Ugh this is getting old.

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

But in all seriousness, not a troll.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top