Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/26/2018 6:57:32 AM EDT
Start Trying To Convince

(Ben Shapiro says she is "my personal spirit animal!")

Searched, no dupe... article dated july 24
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Educate with the fist shot, if they’re resilient, then pwn them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, but how do you debate against people who are illogical and semi-retarded?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You can't convince commies because commies aren't people.

Also both of those people give me spook hives.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
You're fired!
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Listening to people like this would have gotten president Hillary. Marginalizing and ridiculing a viewpoint is an extremely effective strategy thats been used against the right for years, and is now effectively being used against the left. Shapiro sometimes makes some good points, buts hes just too weird and socially inept to really understand how normal people work.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Listening to people like this would have gotten president Hillary. Marginalizing and ridiculing a viewpoint is an extremely effective strategy thats been used against the right for years, and is now effectively being used against the left. Shapiro sometimes makes some good points, buts hes just too weird and socially inept to really understand how normal people work.
View Quote
QFT.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
If they could be convinced, they wouldn't be liberals.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
He goes to great lengths to be "objective".  He doesnt ha ve the balls to pick a side
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. No quarter. Remember where the logical and practical conclusion of their religion leads.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#11]
The left has gone beyond the point of logical thought and concourse in conversation. They have been trained to immediately retreat into their I am offended, you are a Nazi/racist/homophobe/xenophobe...etc. hysterical shrieking as soon as they realize you have a different point of view. Their world revolves around 10 second sound bytes, misstated and misrepresented facts, and outright lies.

Bathhouse Barry drove an ideological wedge into this country of which we are still seeing the repercussions. Until there is a willingness to acknowledge facts then there can be no middle ground or substantive conversation.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#12]
"Now, we at The Daily Wire are not above poking fun at the Left — we sell a Leftist Tears (hot or cold) tumbler with our membership. But as I told TPUSA’s Young Women’s Leadership Summit just a few weeks ago, the point is to fill the tumbler with tears because people on the Left are crying because they’ve realized they’re wrong, not because we’re jerks about it."

That's not why the left is crying dumb ass.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#13]
As dead wrong as sucking another man's dick while your husband is deployed overseas.

What a soulless skank.

Fuck that blindly ambitious, power-hungry whore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like RINO tendencies are showing.  Extend the olive branch and they will take advantage of you.  The Left's mission is not to coexist, its to dominate.

I am of the belief that sane Democrats (real liberals) see what's going on within their party and don't like it.  They'll either vote for someone else or sit out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they could be convinced, they wouldn't be liberals.
View Quote
Sig line material right here!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, and when I'm done convincing liberals that they're bad and should feel bad I'll convince my shitty linoleum kitchen floor to be hardwood
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Some people refuse to listen.

Those people do not deserve my efforts to educate them.

I will not waste my time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
F(ifth) post nails it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#19]
She is a fucking idiot and if she wins the presidency would make Jeb Bush look like George Washington.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I agree, but how do you debate against people who are illogical and semi-retarded?
View Quote
Head shot. I mean you're right. Can't. Libs are simpletons.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Nikki Haley is Ben Shapiro's "spirit animal"?

Holy shit what an overrated dumbass.

[either one]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nikki Haley is Ben Shapiro's "spirit animal"?

Holy shit what an overrated dumbass.

[either one]
View Quote
Big +1.

We’re at war with these Marxists and Ben Shapiro and Whorly still want to play nice like it’s 1987 or something. Fuck them. They’re establishment gatekeepers. Get out of our way while we own the libs, you limp-wristed pussies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#23]
You own the libs to convince the undecided and uncommitted.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Peace in our time....
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Stupid attention whore who caved like a wet paper bag in her own state.  Fuck her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Why "own" libs when you can sell out conservatives?

-Nikki Haley
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
This

intellectuals sometimes have an issue separating the ideal from the practical

ridicule has been the most effective tool for framing arguments against the left

it used to be confined to talk radio or conversation with like minded people because the left owned every other communication, broadcast and publishing platform

now they are losing in social media

this is not the time to relent
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Shapiro's problem is that he is the elite.

Harvard law grad by, what 23?

The whole point of the swamp is that people like Shapiro get to rule the world.

so he is conflicted by being an orthodox jew who sees the evil of the left in the grand scale while, at the same time, the threat Trump poses to his own personal agency.

The neo-cons and the national review types think this is a debate over best governance with the implicit assumption that the winner of the debate will be ivy league grads and they still get to run the world.

This isn't a debate.  This is a war over who gets to control my life.  Harvard law grads or me.

Choose wisely, Ben.

[screams in conservative values]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He goes to great lengths to be "objective".  He doesnt ha ve the balls to pick a side
View Quote
He thinks like a lawyer

this is good when you are analyzing discrete problems and issues

not so good when you are fighting to politically  influence the votes of people who are not paying attention to politics outside of election years
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Shapiro is really starting to become a pompous prick for our side. He needs to lower his expectations and stop trying to guide the movement. He is not great nor is he the smartest of the group.

The left's Marxist ideology needs to be put in the grave and buried with cement.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shapiro is really starting to become a pompous prick for our side. He needs to lower his expectations and stop trying to guide the movement. He is not great nor is he the smartest of the group.

The left's Marxist ideology needs to be put in the grave and buried with cement.
View Quote
He sees himself as the personal savoir of the conservative movement.

Not that he is arrogant or anything.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Matthew 7:6
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Never been a fan of Shapiro, he speaks switched on full auto.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Waiting to see the results of the mid-terms. Therefore, COMMIE.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He sees himself as the personal savoir of the conservative movement.

Not that he is arrogant or anything.
View Quote
He's young. He probably sees most older conservative commentators as George Will and Bill Kristol sellout types, i.e., lapdogs and token opposition trotted out by the leftist media as props to "prove" they are "open minded"

If he saw it that way, he wouldn't be wrong
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As dead wrong as sucking another man's dick while your husband is deployed overseas.

What a soulless skank.

View Quote
Wait, Haley did that???
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#37]
He who argues with a fool is a bigger fool.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's young. He probably sees most older conservative commentators as George Will and Bill Kristol sellout types, i.e., lapdogs and token opposition trotted out by the leftist media as props to "prove" they are "open minded"

If he saw it that way, he wouldn't be wrong
View Quote
I like Shapiro.  But I am trying to be objective.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#39]
"Pearls...swine...you see where I'm heading with this one?" - JC, 31 AD
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wait, Haley did that???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a soulless skank.

Wait, Haley did that???
The Democrats claimed she did during her last election run for Gov. here.  I guess it's OK to quote Dems now??

As far as her telling the students what she did, I have to agree.  These are high school students that are still developing opinions about life.  They might be just repeating what they say because they hear Mom or Dad saying it.  Convince them they are wrong early, less fight when they are older.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Proverbs 23:7
7 For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, he says to you; but his heart is not with you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You own the libs to convince the undecided and uncommitted.
View Quote
Ding, ding, ding!

There's a new crop of eligible voters every single day.  Humorous ridicule is how you reach them.  Gen Z is going to be freakin' awesome!

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The left has gone beyond the point of logical thought and concourse in conversation. They have been trained to immediately retreat into their I am offended, you are a Nazi/racist/homophobe/xenophobe...etc. hysterical shrieking as soon as they realize you have a different point of view. Their world revolves around 10 second sound bytes, misstated and misrepresented facts, and outright lies.

Bathhouse Barry drove an ideological wedge into this country of which we are still seeing the repercussions. Until there is a willingness to acknowledge facts then there can be no middle ground or substantive conversation.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.   Once I really learned about HaIey I never really liked her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shapiro identifies as a boomer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Shapiro identifies as a boomer.
View Quote
He was "child prodigy" pundit pushed into the limelight by his coach-father and Joe Farah of World Net Daily.

What branch of service was he in? Where is his wife and children? What job has he held in the real world?

The kid is punching above his weight...
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#48]
This is why Milo categorized Ben Shapiro as a "Debate Club Conservative"

He's good at memorizing statistics and talking points, but will rarely reach anyone who isn't already a believer or willing to listen. Most people operate on emotion, not logic and that's why people that "own the libs" are much more effective at converting people.

1 Gavin McInnes or 1 Stephen Crowder or 1 Milo Yiannopoulos can accomplish what 10 National Reviews could only dream of.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#49]
You cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Haley is an idiot and a closet-lefty.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top