Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that the accessories are a bit better with teh os405, and the sous vide function might not be as useful as a real sous vide device, as you'll have to figure out the actual calibration, and it likely has hot spots.

I have an anova that I use for sous vide, and would likely use it over the fryer/cooker
for reheating, I usually use a microwave or a frying pan

the os405 is going around 250-270, normal price with a few on sale for around 160 on amazon, if you call walmart and they offer money to not send it back, it's a great deal

note - I ordered one after seeing the thread after midnight on wednesday, and received it today
it was in a 10 in 1 outside box, labeled os401 - lp3 with a os401 12 in 1 in it. now I have to look for a fryer basket and other things to fit in it
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Wifes been bitching about wanting one for a long time. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered the 12 in 1 received the 10 in1. Called Walmart they sent a prepaid label via fedex to send back the 10 in 1 and resend the originally ordered 12 in 1.

New one arrived, it’s the 10 in 1 again. Called Walmart again, this time asked for an additional discount to keep the 10 in 1. They offered an $19.80 discount back to my card and a $15 Walmart digital card. I accepted. Good deal.
View Quote

I've been very interested in trying sous vide, though I’d be tempted to accept $35 back if the wrong one comes a second time…..
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And my one year old PowerXL died a horrible death last night, like St Elmo's fire ball of sparks final exit type of death.
Started looking for a replacement online this morning and found that Walmart has the super duper Ninja Foodi 12-in-1, 8 Quart XL Pressure Cooker Air Fryer Multicooker on sale for 99 bucks.
Of course there isn't one in stock at our local store so it was ordered, along with the extended warranty.

Total cost 118.77. It will be delivered Wednesday.

It's a great deal !
View Quote

The cheap Chinese shit you bought last year broke and now your new Chinese shit is a great deal…?  IQ IS BELOW RETARD
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What recipe book is this?  I think I might need this as well.  Have a link for that too
View Quote

It came with the machine, packed with the instructions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The cheap Chinese shit you bought last year broke and now your new Chinese shit is a great deal…?  IQ IS BELOW RETARD
View Quote

Enjoy your fine dining experiences at 7-11.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When air frying, do they make a greasy mess inside and do they smoke up your kitchen?

Are they hard to keep clean?

View Quote

No. No. Ninja uses ceramic coating, super easy to clean and doesn't flake.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to try a small prime rib in mine tonight using tender crisp and slow roast.
https://thesaltedpepper.com/prime-rib-in-the-ninja-foodi/
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Ive been hearing folks talking about their air fryers and was gonna check one out.

Not sure which form factor to go with.  But fuck it, ive wasted $100 on much stupider stuff than this.  I'm in for one to see what the fuss is about.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been very interested in trying sous vide, though I’d be tempted to accept $35 back if the wrong one comes a second time…..
View Quote

I got the wrong one, as well. I called customer service, and she gave me two options. Replacement or full refund (I keep the item). Lol. Guess I have a 10-in-1 now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME FATTER!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think that the accessories are a bit better with teh os405, and the sous vide function might not be as useful as a real sous vide device, as you'll have to figure out the actual calibration, and it likely has hot spots.

I have an anova that I use for sous vide, and would likely use it over the fryer/cooker
for reheating, I usually use a microwave or a frying pan

the os405 is going around 250-270, normal price with a few on sale for around 160 on amazon, if you call walmart and they offer money to not send it back, it's a great deal

note - I ordered one after seeing the thread after midnight on wednesday, and received it today
it was in a 10 in 1 outside box, labeled os401 - lp3 with a os401 12 in 1 in it. now I have to look for a fryer basket and other things to fit in it
View Quote

Well.....I received my SECOND unit today.  It was labeled on the outside just like ^^^^^, just like the first one

So I opened it and yep, it is the 401, 12 in 1.

Now I have to return the other one, who needs two?

I'll have to give Wallyworld props for fast delivery

I ordered on Wed. and it arrived today (Fri)

Now to learn how to use it

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok guys. Ninja is legit. I might be in love. Even though mine is the OS-405. I'm sort of on the fence weather or not I need 2 more modes.

I did a rib roast in it today. Mostly because who the hell would ever think it could be done.
Up tonight is a 2 bone boneless that I had wanted to do for christmas, but it didn't work out.
Salted and let get to room temp.
Peppered, garlic powder, Rosemary, and English Prime Rib rub from the spice house.
https://www.thespicehouse.com/products/english-prime-rib-rub

Preheat the Ninja for 10 minutes, then stuffed the roast in it.
Air crisp for 20 minutes at 400, then baked at 250 for 15 minutes. Checked and it was a good rare. I'm not a fan of the cow still moving when I go to eat it..
Gave it another 10 at 250, then pulled at 134.
After a 10 minute rest I carved.
Sweet baby Jesus. That was fantastic. Probably a close second to the best I've ever had.
Clean up wasn't bad at all. Catching the oil in the pan makes it easy.
I did take picts, but the phone is probably in a food coma also as it wont upload so I can post up the pron. If I can wake it up I'll post them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I got the wrong one, as well. I called customer service, and she gave me to options. Replacement or full refund (I keep the item). Lol. Guess I have a 10-in-1 now.
View Quote

Now THAT is a deal I wouldn’t pass up
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe this is the basket that comes with the OS405.

https://m.ninjakitchen.com/parts/0/all/2600/foodi-8-qt-cook-and-crisp-basket/?modelNumber=OP401

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I believe this is the basket that comes with the OS405.

https://m.ninjakitchen.com/parts/0/all/2600/foodi-8-qt-cook-and-crisp-basket/?modelNumber=OP401

View Quote

I think you’re right, there was something that size, wrapped, in the box next to the unit itself. Starting to wonder if I’d be happier with the 10 in 1 and that basket. Time will tell which one arrives.

The replacement still hasn’t shipped yet either btw, and I’m pissed- I’ll be on the phone again tomorrow if it doesn’t by lunchtime.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Lies!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think you’re right, there was something that size, wrapped, in the box next to the unit itself. Starting to wonder if I’d be happier with the 10 in 1 and that basket. Time will tell which one arrives.

The replacement still hasn’t shipped yet either btw, and I’m pissed- I’ll be on the phone again tomorrow if it doesn’t by lunchtime.
View Quote

That is nearly identical to the one that came with mine, the handles are a bit different.
Got the two different racks with it also.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a return authorization online, took it to the nearest store and easy peazy I got a refund

That basket mentioned above, does it fit all 8 qt machines?

And one observation.  This is one big and heavy SOB

My wife can't pick it up

Luck (for her) I do the cooking

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got mine. The outside box said 10-in-1. The inside box said 12 functions. The model number on the back of the machine is OS401 LP3. Is that what people are getting?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looking at youtube reviews it looks like it's an older model base with the newer additional function controls. The videos recommend getting silicone gloves and pulling the ceramic pot out like you would the basket.
In for $100, it's about the cheapest thing this site has gotten me for over the year.
View Quote

So far GD talked me into an inverter Generator, a Colt Python and a new mortgage. Now I can't afford this :(
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#24]
OK, reread the thread to cover any posts I might have skimmed over. Got the 12-in-1, OS401 LP3. The outside box is cornfusing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OK, reread the thread to cover any posts I might have skimmed over. Got the 12-in-1, OS401 LP3. The outside box is cornfusing.
View Quote

Yes it is confusing

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#26]
So I wake up this morning and take a look at my account at walmart.com…. and it says >I< canceled my order yesterday. Um WTF?

So I get on the phone with the woman from Customer Service, explain the whole situation, again, and after waiting 20 minutes I got disconnected. Pissed.

So I get back on the phone and asked to be transferred immediately to a supervisor. Another half an hour wait, at least. More pissed. She comes back on the line and tells me the order was canceled because the item is out of stock. Tells me it will be back in stock in 3-10 days and that I’ll get an email when it’s available from them again, rather than a 3rd party vendor. Sends me a $25 discount code and puts a 20% discount in the system for when I place the replacement order.

Not too happy. I’ve got at least 5-6 hours of phone time into this nonsense. And I’ll bet I get the 10 in 1 again whenever the hell it does get here….
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just got mine. The outside box said 10-in-1. The inside box said 12 functions. The model number on the back of the machine is OS401 LP3. Is that what people are getting?
View Quote

Fedex took my Foodi on several long drives around metro Detroit and finally delivered it today. The box has model OS401 printed on it. The sticker on the unit says OS405.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fedex took my Foodi on several long drives around metro Detroit and finally delivered it today. The box has model OS401 printed on it. The sticker on the unit says OS405.
View Quote

if you call call walmart and they offer a full refund or a discount, I'd reccommend taking any discount, keep the os405 unit, and spend the discount on a real sous vide unit.

the way the unit works, looks like a rice cooker heat plate setup, which causes a hot spot in the center. this depends on convection to even out the water temperature, which isn't a great for sous vide. I haven't checked the temperature calibration yet, but I had seen some reports it may be off on some units
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

if you call call walmart and they offer a full refund or a discount, I'd reccommend taking any discount, keep the os405 unit, and spend the discount on a real sous vide unit.

the way the unit works, looks like a rice cooker heat plate setup, which causes a hot spot in the center. this depends on convection to even out the water temperature, which isn't a great for sous vide. I haven't checked the temperature calibration yet, but I had seen some reports it may be off on some units
View Quote

Thanks. Took about 10 minutes on their chat system to get a $15 promo code.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Is the 401 and 405 the same dimensions?

Will accessories fit both?

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I cooked a whole marinated spatchcocked chicken in mine tonight, came out damn good. 20 minutes in the pressure cooker function and about 15 minutes air fried. Dee-lish.

Appetizer type food is fantastic out of it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is the 401 and 405 the same dimensions?

Will accessories fit both?

View Quote

I think the accessories are standardized to the 8 qt or 6.5 qt pot.

I don't know for sure, but here is a link to the very expensive accessories for one model of the 8 qt cookers, which is why I think the 405 accessories are better

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/parts-and-accessories/product-results/2535/ninja-foodi-8-qt---the-xl-pressure-cooker-that-crisps---air-fryer/

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not what my first unit was.  The box had two stickers which showed OS401, the actual unit inside the box on the back of the unit showed OS405 which is the 10-in-1 function unit without sous vide and reheat functions.

My replacement unit arrived today and the outside brown box stated 10-in-1 but the inner box (white with color printing) stated 12-in-1 unit and the actual unit inside the box is the OS401 LP3 which really is the 12-in-1 unit with the sous vide and reheat functions and the 10 functions of the OS405.

I'm happy with the 12-in-1 because I wanted the reheat function.  Having said that, the OS405 is the better deal if you don't need the sous vide or reheat functions because it has the following extra items compared to the OS401 LP3:

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/parts/0/all/2722/foodi-deluxe-reversible-rack/?modelNumber=OP401

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/parts/0/all/2600/foodi-8-qt-cook-and-crisp-basket/?modelNumber=OP401

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/parts/0/all/2601/diffuser-for-foodi-cook-and-crisp-basket/?modelNumber=OP401

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/parts/0/all/2604/foodi-8-qt-reversible-rack/?modelNumber=OP401
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#35]
So I finally, finally, got someone on the phone who took care of me last night. Gave me $25 off the original $99 price and another $25 promo code for future use for all the hassles. FedEx says it’ll be here on Sunday. Can’t wait!
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Purchased one from the Walmart link given here and it just arrived.....they sent the wrong one. Now gotta return it and wait for the correct one to get here.
View Quote

Good Luck

Looks like it has happened to a few other people.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Good Luck

Looks like it has happened to a few other people.
View Quote

Mine was all fucked up. I got the OS405 10 in 1 unit, the OS401 8 qt cooking pot (white interior) and the nesting reversible rack, and the OS405 reverse rack and the cook and crisp basket. But I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
So the replacement arrived today and the label on the box says it’s the 401!

Inside was the 405

Guy gave me another $25 promo code for my hassle.

2nd replacement should arrive by 1/14, theoretically

So I paid $75 for the Ninja and I now have 2 $25 promo codes for future orders. And they’ll have paid shipping 5 times if they get it right the 3rd time….

Does anyone know if I can use the promo codes in their actual stores? I don’t have much faith in their online side of things
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#40]

$69.95? Boom!

So I looked at my Wally World account and despite being promised yesterday that the replacement would ship immediately, it said shipping was pending receipt of the return…

Order placed from Amazon. It’s arriving tomorrow and it looks like it even comes with better accessories

Then I called Wally World to cancel my order altogether and without even asking they gave me a THIRD $25 promo code. Unfortunately all three can’t be stacked onto one order so I’ll have to find a few lower price items to have them send me, basically for free…

Many many thanks @ar15bang - you are da man!

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Shit.

Just looked at mine and the unit is OS405 LP3.

Now what ???
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Shit.

Just looked at mine and the unit is OS405 LP3.

Now what ???
View Quote

Just realized mine is too.  I've been using the shit out of it and it works great, so oh well.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I hope this thing is worth it. I just purchased one (not for the $99 deal ) but found a place that had one more in stock for 135 shipped without sales tax.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just realized mine is too.  I've been using the shit out of it and it works great, so oh well.  
View Quote

Just went through a few hoops with their CS chat.

They are processing a 15% refund.
Told them it would be a PITA to return it and that it's getting used pretty much daily.
Guy in chat understood, even said they were swamped with complaints about this deal.

Made some kick-ass chicken breast tenders for the game last night with it though.
Would be a lie if I said I didn't love it.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Told them it would be a PITA to return it and that it's getting used pretty much daily.
Guy in chat understood, even said they were swamped with complaints about this deal.

Made some kick-ass chicken breast tenders for the game last night with it though.

LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

I made some breaded fish filets in mine last night - best they’ve ever been!  Guilty pleasure.

I was concerned about clean up but it really is a breeze.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I recieved the wrong one, but, I didn't bother calling. I washed it and used it.

Made baby back ribs. They were ok, not close to 3,2,1 ribs on the smoker.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Got the 10 in 1, as well. They gave me a $43 refund.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

fuck sold out
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Back up at $219
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#50]
They gave me a $24.75 refund to my card and a $10 walmart.com promo code.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top