BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is Mark LaRue back in the good graces of ARFCOM now?

Asking for a friend.  
View Quote
He's good with me if that's the only way I can get money to nolo.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So tell me if I have this right. Akins sent in a SKS in a prototype stock that was broken and did not function as intended. ATF said as supplied it was not a machine gun and sent it back. Akins then built his 10/22 version and started selling it without ever sending it to ATF for approval. ATF then ruled it a no go and he had to recall them or do his spacer spring fix whatever.

That is what I remember reading and if true makes Akins a really poor example. People constantly bring it up as a example but in my opinion it was totally his fault and not the other way around. Our crap laws continue to be crap but if my understanding is correct he screwed the pooch.
View Quote
That's what you remember because Akin's business partner at the time was also at the time not only the administrator for the AA website, he also owned Subguns.com and edited then blocked Akin, and anyone who disagreed with what he put forward....You read the edited version of that history.  You are the victim of de-platforming in it's infancy.

I could go into why, but that is not material to the conversation at hand.

You think putting forth a documented example of DOJ  "Your legal, (whoops our bad, you were really illegal), Do this and your legal again, to (Whoops our bad again, you are illegal again), Now do as we say and we won't put you in prison.....Even though you went above and beyond and sought prior permission from us"

You think that is not a "good" point to bring forth?

Ayn Rand unfortunately was prophetic:

"The stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission."

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them."
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So is Mark LaRue back in the good graces of ARFCOM now?

Asking for a friend.  
View Quote
For many of us here, he was never out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don’t tell anyone this. I am actually human and make typos. But, don’t worry about that, because in a few days we will drop something shiny and new!!!
View Quote

...so, you're saying we should put the dust covers back on our PMAG's?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don’t tell anyone this. I am actually human and make typos. But, don’t worry about that, because in a few days we will drop something shiny and new!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Rubber ban" is misspelled on pg. 11. Should be "rubber band". Not trying to be a nitpicker but this is very important to all of us and it should be as correct as possible. I'm sure anyone reading it would understand the author's intent but it doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck !
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
In for shiny and new
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't tell anyone this. I am actually human and make typos. But, don't worry about that, because in a few days we will drop something shiny and new!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Rubber ban" is misspelled on pg. 11. Should be "rubber band". Not trying to be a nitpicker but this is very important to all of us and it should be as correct as possible. I'm sure anyone reading it would understand the author's intent but it doesn't look good.
Don't tell anyone this. I am actually human and make typos. But, don't worry about that, because in a few days we will drop something shiny and new!!!
No offense intended. You are a HUGE asset to the gun community and our second amendment. I am not a lawyer but I deal with recorded legal documents for work (at this point in my career I've probably read or at least skimmed over way more than 100,000 separate documents) and typos really stand out to me after all that reading. I've seen things as bad as handwritten deeds on paper torn from spiral bound notebooks (in Mississippi).  Overall the content of you suit looks great and you hit on a number of points that they will have to address. An honest judge or justice will have to conclude the ban can't proceed lawfully for multiple reasons.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
From 2A supporters all over America...

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think his ban from GD was deserved,  but I do like my Larue products.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now that is interesting!
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are either a nation of laws or we aren’t. We need to know sooner rather that later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet Jesus....

"as purported acting Attorney General"
It's addressed in the complaint:

Defendant acting Attorney General Whitaker’s appointment violated
28 USC § 508(a) as he was not the Deputy Attorney General when Attorney General Sessions resigned. 85.

Acting Attorney General Whitaker signed the Final Rule, and because his appointment is unlawful under § 508(a), the Final Rule is of no force and effect because acting Attorney General Whitaker has no authority to exercise the powers of the office he purports to hold.
We are either a nation of laws or we aren’t. We need to know sooner rather that later.
That's going to chap someone's ass.  Good, good.  See avatar
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're such a tease...  
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I removed myself from the book of faces.
View Quote
I check up on your Twitter as a guest, now that I’m suspended
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you or any of your team ever find yourself in the NW Arkansas area....hit me up.  The bar tab is on me
View Quote
THIS, HOUSTON TEXAS
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s his Twitter?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Been absent social media for a while, how/why did you get banned?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Been absent social media for a while, how/why did you get banned?
View Quote
Not reasons given so I’ll offer my educated guess. Ironically I got suspended back in November for retweeting the DSA assholes account the night they showed up at Tucker Carlson’s house. I was pointing out their threats of violence and trying to get the word out about what was happening. Also, ironic those assholes are back on Twitter again after 2 suspensions this year but I’m still suspended
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Following. Thank you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What’s his Twitter?
View Quote
@NoloContendere okay if I post it here?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@NoloContendere which gun rights organization do you support?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Alan (wolfwood) we are a team!
@NoloContendere which gun rights organization do you support?
I believe he’s raised funds through SAF in the past.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I believe he's raised funds through SAF in the past.
View Quote
No. Nolo has not worked with SAF.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#25]
IIRC the number of .38 cal pellets in 00Buck is 13. 13xX rounds in a semi-auto shotgun far exceeds the rate of fire of any current NFA registered machine gun. I put this in my comment to the ATF during the comment period. Any chance this bit of info might be used to support the case for NOLO?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
IIRC the number of .38 cal pellets in 00Buck is 13. 13xX rounds in a semi-auto shotgun far exceeds the rate of fire of any current NFA registered machine gun. I put this in my comment to the ATF during the comment period. Any chance this bit of info might be used to support the case for NOLO?
View Quote
It would most likely be used to outlaw shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
The ATF will use it to outlaw buckshot
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If Facebook is Mos Eisley, is GD the sarlacc pit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 You ain't missed anything. Mos Eisley of the internet.
If Facebook is Mos Eisley, is GD the sarlacc pit?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you really want to spend Mr. LaRues money fighting the NRA?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@ATFReport
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s his Twitter?
@ATFReport
Thanks, followed
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope.  But I am willing to give my own money to help him fight the idea that a President

can just change the law by edict......even if I voted for him.  He won't be President

forever, and our opponents won't think twice about capitalizing on that precedent.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is that question necessary since we already know the answer? Or are you being sarcastic?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not reasons given so I’ll offer my educated guess. Ironically I got suspended back in November for retweeting the DSA assholes account the night they showed up at Tucker Carlson’s house. I was pointing out their threats of violence and trying to get the word out about what was happening. Also, ironic those assholes are back on Twitter again after 2 suspensions this year but I’m still suspended
View Quote
It's run by a bunch of liberal shitbags, so of course they'll give favors to their kind.  After the election I pretty much dropped social media, with the rare exception of checking Facebook for special events.  Even that's down to 1-2 times a month.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's run by a bunch of liberal shitbags, so of course they'll give favors to their kind.  After the election I pretty much dropped social media, with the rare exception of checking Facebook for special events.  Even that's down to 1-2 times a month.
View Quote
I can’t fault you. I’m trying to “stay in the fight” [2020] but when Silicon Valley puts a big target on Second Amendment supporters, I can understand the appeal of dropping off
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:55:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can't wait to see what's shiny and new!

Side note:  I wish there was a way to @ a group of people on here.  Like, we could sign up to a group, like Nolo's fan club, and Nolo could then @ the group and everybody that joined would get a notification.  Would something like that be possible?  Is there a way to submit a request like that?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#38]
I read through the lawsuit filing link posted on here and overall, it was pretty good.  However the parts about questioning whether the rifles in the hotel room, all equipped with bump stocks, were even used in the Las Vegas massacre seemed a whole lot of conspiracy theory.  That alone may cause a judge not on the side of the 2nd to nix it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:26:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good. It's time for the left to draw first fudd blood.

So far, they've been on the sidelines.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:37:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thanks, followed
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I read through the lawsuit filing link posted on here and overall, it was pretty good.  However the parts about questioning whether the rifles in the hotel room, all equipped with bump stocks, were even used in the Las Vegas massacre seemed a whole lot of conspiracy theory.  That alone may cause a judge not on the side of the 2nd to nix it.
View Quote
With the small amount of information that has been released, the question begs to be asked, the whole basis for this illegal order to change the rule is based on those guns actually being used.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thank you!

Will also buy another Nolo Dillo on the next go round
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:32:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
With the small amount of information that has been released, the question begs to be asked, the whole basis for this illegal order to change the rule is based on those guns actually being used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In order for the government to properly address that point, they would have to provide information.  Something that they have apparently been reluctant to do, for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
If a FOIA request was denied, then yes, I think it's time someone brought that up.. Especially since they're using that event as their basis to steal legally owned property from citizens without just compensation, and to circumvent the proper legal process to illegally rewrite laws on what constitutes an actual machine gun.

Surely we're done with that argument here by now...

Me, I'm anxiously awaiting an update on the ever increasing number of pending legal suits on this one..
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In order for the government to properly address that point, they would have to provide information.  Something that they have apparently been reluctant to do, for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask yourself why?

If they were used we would have been inundated with photos, video, reports, and DOJ experts explaining to every camera they could find.....Not to mention how the press would have ran with the "proof"...

If there is anything I have learned from dealing with .gov , firearms, and court cases; When they don't present the obvious evidence, there is a reason.   ALWAYS.

Go read page 60 of the published rule and get back to us.....They all but admit they were not used.  FBI even when sued in federal court would rather ignore the law than give you that evidence means that they fear the evidence more than the judge's wrath.

They are hiding something.  Nolo has a map and shovel.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ask yourself why?

If they were used we would have been inundated with photos, video, reports, and DOJ experts explaining to every camera they could find.....Not to mention how the press would have ran with the "proof"...

If there is anything I have learned from dealing with .gov , firearms, and court cases; When they don't present the obvious evidence, there is a reason.   ALWAYS.

Go read page 60 of the published rule and get back to us.....They all but admit they were not used.  FBI even when sued in federal court would rather ignore the law than give you that evidence means that they fear the evidence more than the judge's wrath.

They are hiding something.  Nolo has a map and shovel.
View Quote
Sorry, it's not the case. Bumpstocks were used and the audio makes if pretty clear.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Fine, then providing evidence should not be a problem?

Also I would not be too convinced of audio....Having been on set when firearms were used in filming.  What you "heard" on TV is nothing like what was heard on set.  So much so they have people on set who do nothing but audio.  Ever wonder why they did a reveal not near any reflective surface (and always in the woods, swamp, open areas).

Concrete and glass canyons tell me not to trust shit audio recorded mostly by cell phone.

Flat reflective surfaces everywhere and echo's that sure sounded like more than one gun firing....But hey if your convinced I guess we should not enquire to see the evidence?

It's entirely possible they were used (or were present, but used only as a butt stock).  It does not change the fact that ATF currently claims to NOT have examined the firearms (We both know that's BS).

Why would ATF refuse to officially examine firearms that are directly related to a policy/rule/edict that the acting ATF director told congress would end up in court?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.

Even the NRA might raise a stink.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fine, then providing evidence should not be a problem?

Also I would not be too convinced of audio....Having been on set when firearms were used in filming.  What you "heard" on TV is nothing like what was heard on set.  So much so they have people on set who do nothing but audio.  Ever wonder why they did a reveal not near any reflective surface (and always in the woods, swamp, open areas).

Concrete and glass canyons tell me not to trust shit audio recorded mostly by cell phone.

Flat reflective surfaces everywhere and echo's that sure sounded like more than one gun firing....But hey if your convinced I guess we should not enquire to see the evidence?

It's entirely possible they were used (or were present, but used only as a butt stock).  It does not change the fact that ATF currently claims to NOT have examined the firearms (We both know that's BS).

Why would ATF refuse to officially examine firearms that are directly related to a policy/rule/edict that the acting ATF director told congress would end up in court?
View Quote
Lots of different agencies are involved in that investigation.  We know from the LV police that every 5.56 rifle was equipped with a bumpstock.  Almost all of the brass recovered was from 5.56 rifles.

While I've got no problem with asking the ATF to make a full report, you shouldn't expect them to find he didn't utilize a bump stock.

Personally, I've done a decent amount of full auto shooting on many different platforms. I've also shot a lot of bumpstock equipped rifles. The audio clearly shows the use of bumpstock(s) through the varying cadence. It doesn't just ramp up speed through a belt lightening.

Here is a video with all the gunfire put together in chronological order. You can clearly hear the varying tempo in several bursts. It sounds like a bumpstock does when varying forward pressure is applied.
Mapping the Las Vegas Massacre | NYT - Visual Investigations
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top