Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
We bought a model y about 6 months ago my wife does uber with it full time,30k miles haven't done a single thing other than put washer fluid in it if you own your home so you can charge at home it is hard to beat
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought one two weeks ago.  I like it more now than when I bought it.  I'm pissed though, because they just dropped prices AGAIN!  You can pick up a new model 3 for a little over $36k, and depending on your state you're getting around $10k back in tax incentives.  That's a luxury level car for upper $20s.  Crazy.

And ignore the haters, the car is awesome.  More like driving a computer that kicks ass on performance.  And I'm regularly in a Lexus 450 and the interior, ride, build quality is similar.  Really good value for the dollar.
View Quote
I got this for $37k, I like my choice better.

I hate sedans.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It's always a good time to buy a tesla - FJB is handing out free money to people who buy one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
At least those kids have jobs, eventually they can buy boots to pull upon them bootstraps

Lord Musk is providing them a path to prosperity.

Thank you Lord Musk.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quick linear acceleration is still boring.
View Quote

No it isn’t.

A flat torque curve is always more desirable than a peaky power band for just about any kind of street driven vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Still own my F150, I'm covered.
View Quote

F150 is a car
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Luxury"

It's certainly closer to the Lexus than the Sienna that it took the place of.

EV's have lots of positives.

They kill influencers at higher rate than ICE vehicles, they.... uh.

Um.

Shit that's all I got.

Okay they got one positive.

Luxury was not on that list.

An EV will keep you warm for the rest of your life...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/397309/TWXTe8o_0gC-S_vjhF516w_r-2778213-2778305.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGym1wbSIL0

Don't willy nilly too hard....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/397309/_9383d153-fca9-4b22-8ad1-63c077a2a32d-2974368.jpg

Willy fucking nilly!
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I never hear about Tesla's having to go back to the dealer for issues.  Is it just not that common? Or do we just not hear about it?

If they are reliable....great. If not, the fact that you have to do to a dealer for repairs would suck.  

Just a thought.....

View Quote

A relative of mine has/had a Model Y. They loved the car but she once mentioned it was in the shop a LOT, especially for the price of the car.

I don't know the details and this is probably an exception to the rule, but I remember thinking I'd be plenty pissed if it were my car.

You can get a lemon from any maker, though. I don't know why they didn't turn it in as one. Maybe they eventually did.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can not tell if that’s sarcasm, but that’s not how it works.  At all.

Let’s start by saying all taxation is theft.  That aside.  The tax credit allows that taxpayer to pay less taxes.  Other taxpayers do not pay more, and no other money is “diverted” to the guy who bought the EV.

I mean, you guys take off mortgage interest on your taxes right?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/376732/IMG_2785_jpeg-3052394.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 2024 Toyota Camry LE is only $20,000 if the federal government steals money from other taxpayers to give you a $7,500 subsidy.  It has better fit, finish, and reliability although it's not a "luxury" car like a Model 3. If 32 MPG isn't good enough, you can get the hybrid (52 MPG) for $2,400 more (maybe the feds can steal even more money to pay for the upgrade).

Quoted:

yep

that is exactly how it works

Let’s start by saying all taxation is theft.  That aside.  The tax credit allows that taxpayer to pay less taxes.  Other taxpayers do not pay more, and no other money is “diverted” to the guy who bought the EV.

it was definitely sarcasm
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Consider the source!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider the source!  

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn’t call it luxury but the fit and finish of my 23 M3P is better than I expected.

I wouldn’t buy anything but the performance version though. It’d be boring without being scary fast

I've never heard anyone say that until EVs became a thing because in the muscle car era that's all you got.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I would get one but I don't have charging at home

Also there's a newer model 3 coming out which is supposed to be better

Lastly I heard car insurance for Teslas is expensive
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#15]
It's so awesome to go through a bunch of menus just to pop the glove box.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At least those kids have jobs, eventually they can buy boots to pull upon them bootstraps

Thank you Lord Musk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you Lord Musk.

It's amazing that class warfare is still alive and well in GD.....I bought a Tesla because I wanted to give those kids in the mines the opportunity to better themselves.  Someday they'll buy those boots, pull those straps up, walk up and firmly shake the mine owner's hand while asking for a promotion.  Sure he'll probably kick them in the balls and take their boots away but you really can't put a price on a life lesson like that.  

Down the road, at the end of their life, they'll remember the lesson they learned that day.  You and I may forget the lessons from last month....but not that kid.....no sir.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
lol. A model 3 is NOT luxury, OP.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wait until 2024

The Fed rebate will be available to the dealer at time of sale.
View Quote

Yeah but the rebate drops in half for the model 3, if you're going to get the tax credit, might as well do it now and you'll see it in a couple months when you file your taxes for 2023
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's always a good time to buy a tesla - FJB is handing out free money to people who buy one.
View Quote

You mean handing out stolen money to people who buy one. Stolen from you and me.

Unless the tax breaks apply to all cars and all buyers it is discrimination and theft.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Damn that is tempting. 95% of our driving is errands around town and we have the VW Atlas for road trips.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-performance-track-mode-release-version-beats-ferrari-closed-circuit-test/

Who told you it can only go fast in a straight line?  Maybe you should take it around the corners?  If you did, and go up against real sports cars around the corners, you might just lose.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You mean handing out stolen money to people who buy one. Stolen from you and me.

Unless the tax breaks apply to all cars and all buyers it is discrimination and theft.

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Now, before they invent battery technology that makes them practical and before the infrastructure to charge them is built out?  That "now"?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But real men don't drive cars.  Men drive trucks.  Period

That is like 'turning the other cheek' on weekends. It is still baseball.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-performance-track-mode-release-version-beats-ferrari-closed-circuit-test/

Who told you it can only go fast in a straight line?  Maybe you should take it around the corners?  If you did, and go up against real sports cars around the corners, you might just lose.
View Quote

The M3P does handle quite well for what it is. I'd like it even more if they could toss the rear seats and doors into the trash and chop the wheelbase down to 100" or so.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#26]
*Laughs in Silverado*
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe when my current car is paid off (2023 CR-V Hybrid Sport Touring) I'd see about maybe buying an inexpensive EV as a second car. Wife (currently fiancée that doesn't drive) will end up learning to drive and will need something for short local trips, or I will use it as a commuter.

ETA: Is Tesla still showing the price AFTER tax rebates? They were doing that recently to show a really low price.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#28]
ME AND MY WIFE ONLY DRIVE TOP QUALITY VEHICLES AND OWN TEIR ONE GEAR AND PRODUCTS. WHY BECAUSE WE CAN AFFORD TO
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#29]
No sale price for me even when I put your alls zip

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#30]
If I needed a new car, it would be tempting.  However, you're getting the old Model 3 not the "Highland" refresh that fixes some of the 3's dogshit build quality problems, excessive road noise, etc.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Comparing a Tesla interior to Lexus and claiming its equivalent is laughable.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I drive my car so little I've been flirting with selling it and buying a motorcycle. Can't justify 30k on a car.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
ME AND MY WIFE PARTNER ONLY DRIVE TOP QUALITY VEHICLES AND OWN TIER ONE GEAR AND PRODUCTS. WHY BECAUSE WE CAN AFFORD TO BURN NUT COAL
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#34]
It's not a real car company unless they can make large SUVs and heavy duty trucks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ME AND MY WIFE PARTNER ONLY DRIVE TOP QUALITY VEHICLES AND OWN TIER ONE GEAR AND PRODUCTS. WHY BECAUSE WE CAN AFFORD TO BURN NUT COAL

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Just looked and for a base model 3 with state and fed rebates I could get one for around $23k.
Damn tempting.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just looked and for a base model S with state and fed rebates I could get one for around $23k.
Damn tempting.
View Quote

How are you getting 50K in rebates?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I’ve had one nearly 2 months now.

Why? Well it’s basically a free brand new car due to tax incentives. So no brainier. ( uk here )

Is it green ? who cares , don’t believe in that green bullshit anyway so don’t care either way.

Is it cheap to run? Hell yes it’s costing me a few pence per mile

Should you get one? Do you do under 200 miles a day? Do you have access to another petrol  vehicle > then he’ll yes. Are you old and only do a few miles> hell yes plug it in at home and it’s always full/

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Go to tesla website and search inventory in your area.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185900/Screenshot_20231206_134539_Chrome_jpg-3052280.JPG
View Quote

Cheapest within 200 miles of me is a model y for 42,2
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"luxury"

View Quote

It's got windows!
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Gd hates Tesla as much as it loves weed. If every Tesla came with a sack of weed Gd would be all over it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gd hates Tesla as much as it loves weed. If every Tesla came with a sack of weed Gd would be all over it.
View Quote

They don’t come with a sack of weed?

Fuck. Deals off, mister spacex dude
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I'm getting a Tesla, I'll want the Autopilot/FSD package... and I'm not paying what they want to add it on to a new one. Only used ones that come with the package already for me.
View Quote

+1

It's a $6,000 premium on top of the $6000 driver assist package. Still I think it's worth it for me and my wife especially on longer trips.  

Now if I could only get Siri to deliver my Grey Poupon to my hand instead of the front porch. Oh Jeeves, more caviar.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I wonder if the Toyota 4Runner has auto-driving or driver assist technology?

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

+1

It's a $6,000 premium on top of the $6000 driver assist package. Still I think it's worth it for me and my wife especially on longer trips.  

Now if I could only get Siri to deliver my Grey Poupon to my hand instead of the front porch. Oh Jeeves, more caviar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I'm getting a Tesla, I'll want the Autopilot/FSD package... and I'm not paying what they want to add it on to a new one. Only used ones that come with the package already for me.

+1

I honestly think the base Autopilot (included on all vehicles) is good enough….on my 90 mile round trip daily commute I have to make 8 turns and I’m “driving” for maybe 15 minutes.  Obviously it’s subjective based on the driving you do.

I’ll probably do a month of FSD on our vacation trip next spring to try it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just looked and for a base model S 3 with state and fed rebates I could get one for around $23k.
Damn tempting.

Fixed. Got the model S and 3 mixed up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Comparing a Tesla interior to Lexus and claiming its equivalent is laughable.
View Quote

Comparing Lexus performance and technology to Tesla and claiming its equivalent is laughable.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#50]
No.

I just bought a wrangler 392 that gets horrible mileage bc ‘merica.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top