Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
As a long time Redskins fan, it's nice to see that Jim Zorn still can't win a game in D.C.

McMahon is doing this right. 2 years of planning and a huge pile of cash (he sold a bunch of his WWE stock). He tried to partner with the Ebersole's again, they declined, then rushed the AAF into existence to steal his thunder. Ironically, he ended up trying to purchase their gear when they went bankrupt.

From what I saw today, the play and the crowds were good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Whiny LA quarterback separated his shoulder? Did you hear him screaming on his live mic?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like it's pretty much just like the practice squads in the NFL but instead of working with their individual teams they work together and go wherever. That kinda makes sense for such a small league thats player base is going to need all the reps they can get to put a good product on the field.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just looked at the XFL website.  I think the Team 9 idea is pretty cool.

It would be cool if they actually became a team for another city.  Guys could say, "I was former Team 9."
Seems like it's pretty much just like the practice squads in the NFL but instead of working with their individual teams they work together and go wherever. That kinda makes sense for such a small league thats player base is going to need all the reps they can get to put a good product on the field.
Indeed.  They are trying to ensure the success of the league and this absolutely makes sense for them right now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That would be awesome.  Perhaps they would be the Charleston Bankers or West Virginia Pittman....something coal related....  Morgantown Nutcoal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I enjoyed the game.  No teams in my area but I still watched it.  Entertaining right up to the end.
Same here.

Would love to see a WV team in the XFL.
That would be awesome.  Perhaps they would be the Charleston Bankers or West Virginia Pittman....something coal related....  Morgantown Nutcoal?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]
What the hell channel is this on?  I can’t find it
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just looked at the XFL website.  I think the Team 9 idea is pretty cool.

It would be cool if they actually became a team for another city.  Guys could say, "I was former Team 9."
Yea it’s honestly a really good idea to save some money in regard to having depth to deal with injuries.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What the hell channel is this on?  I can't find it
View Quote
It's over now. Schedule's here: https://www.xfl.com/2020-schedule
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you played football year round you'd be beat to piss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They get paid $55,000 a season.
The season's only like 10 weeks long though. If it went year round that would run out to about 230k a year, plus bonuses.
If you played football year round you'd be beat to piss.
Yeah...I was merely pointing out that 55 grand, (plus bonuses), for 10 weeks work isn't that bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Check out the XFL website. They list all the places you can watch, stream, or listen to the games.

The 2 games today were on regular ABC and FOX.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Watched the entire first game and it felt so f~king good to enjoy a football game again. I haven’t watched an NFL game since the kneeling began. I completely disengaged and even this year’s Super Bowl reassured me that I don’t want any part of the NFL when I found out, here, that individuals associated with the NFL sat through the Anthem.

I like the product and all the different rules. I wish I would have been able to watch the second game.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
AM I in before the NFL steals all the talent?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
As far as I’ve seen the best guys in the XFL would be backups at best in the NFL, and most wouldn’t make the cut period. I suspect some guys will get noticed and move to the NFL, but I don’t think it’ll be a super common thing.

That said, a lower talent level doesn’t make it less fun to watch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most these guys already got their shot at the NFL and washed out or were completely overlooked to begin with.

Like the other poster said, some guys might stand out enough to get attention but it's unlikely to be a widespread thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As far as I’ve seen the best guys in the XFL would be backups at best in the NFL, and most wouldn’t make the cut period. I suspect some guys will get noticed and move to the NFL, but I don’t think it’ll be a super common thing.

That said, a lower talent level doesn’t make it less fun to watch.
View Quote
Yep. There's a few that'll get chances for at least NFL practice squads, but pinnacle of talent won't be what this league is. It damn well may be more entertaining though. Which is something I care about more.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
XFL schedule on their website has the channels. Today it was ABC and Fox, with Fox being Significantly higher quality broadcast. Tomorrow is fox and espn I think
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Watched the entire first game and it felt so f~king good to enjoy a football game again. I haven't watched an NFL game since the kneeling began. I completely disengaged and even this year's Super Bowl reassured me that I don't want any part of the NFL when I found out, here, that individuals associated with the NFL sat through the Anthem.

I like the product and all the different rules. I wish I would have been able to watch the second game.
View Quote
Second game was FANTASTIC
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:37:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
XFL schedule on their website has the channels. Today it was ABC and Fox, with Fox being Significantly higher quality broadcast. Tomorrow is fox and espn I think
View Quote
I'm scared that we're about to get round two of Booger McFarland...
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:24:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Went ahead and made it the official threads let me know if you guys want anything specific added to OP
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:26:59 AM EDT
[#20]

From the official XFL twitter front page
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was ESPN's color commentator for Monday Night Football this year in the NFL. He was awful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:38:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He was ESPN's color commentator for Monday Night Football this year in the NFL. He was awful.
View Quote
Aww I see. I'm excited for tomorrow we shall see!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I dig this. It's football, but without the decades of emotional investment that I have put into the Seahawks & Huskies. Win, lose, no biggie. It's all for fun.

I'm interested to see how the TV ratings will look for opening weekend. I think this league could work out, as it's essentially AAA football.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Game on!

Tampa at NY, on Fox now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Not bad soo far I caught up with the second quarter, missed the first. Anything exciting happen?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not bad soo far I caught up with the second quarter, missed the first. Anything exciting happen?
View Quote
Guardians are whooping the Vipers pretty good. Some big plays from the Guardians but otherwise this game isn't as exciting as yesterdays.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Guardians are whooping the Vipers pretty good. Some big plays from the Guardians but otherwise this game isn't as exciting as yesterdays.
View Quote
Concur.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully with the second half Tampa bay finds some energy. I signed up for the ESPN+ bundle for the next game. Regular peasant streams be sucking Bigly
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Holy crap the booth officIals use Xbox controllers to operate the replay cameras
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Holy crap the booth officIals use Xbox controllers to operate the replay cameras
View Quote

But for real, that's probably not a bad thing. Very functional and intuitive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s pretty common for film review for players, makes sense officials would use it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah. Nowhere near as good as yesterday's games.

Hoping the second game later is better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like Tampa is trying to get their running game started

its nice to see QBs lower their shoulder and plow into defenders when running. Rather than girly slides
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone done this yet?  It’s all I can think about watching this.

The Sopranos 6.09 - "We''re with the Vipers!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow Tampa just choked hard with that fumble.I think that's game boys
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Booth review play, they're giving us audio from the refs and review official plus video over the review official's shoulder at his monitor as he determines the call.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I really like watching and hearing the replay guy go through the decision to make plays stand or over ruled. Pretty neat inside look
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Vipers need to get Flowers back in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Next game has Landry Jones as QB.

Curious to see how he does since the Steelers sent him packing.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to watch the Battlehawks. I might even try to go to a game.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Looking forward to the Dallas game, I love their logo
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Apparently, starting next week, XFL teams have to choose players from "Team 9" and use them.

Should be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Apparently, starting next week, XFL teams have to choose players from "Team 9" and use them.

Should be interesting.
View Quote
That's a pretty cool system. I'm looking forward to it.  I Think Vince taking his time and spending years to make sure this was done right is paying off big time
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Well shit.

Landry Jones is hurt and not playing this game.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck I cannot stream it!!

I have ESPN+ but when I click on the game it still wants me to sign in with a TV provider wtf!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Dallas' team is playing at the old Globe Life Field where the Rangers played.

Saw a video earlier that they spent 10 million bucks to renovate it and change it from a stadium built specifically as a baseball venue to a football venue.

I'm kind of anxious to see if Stoops can 'get er did'.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck I cannot stream it!!

I have ESPN+ but when I click on the game it still wants me to sign in with a TV provider wtf!!!
View Quote
It's on regular ESPN.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#48]
It won't let me watch I don't have TV

every time I click on it, it asks me to log in with TV provider
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It won't let me watch I don't have TV

every time I click on it, it asks me to log in with TV provider
View Quote
Sent you a IM
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#50]
It's weird seeing football played in the baseball stadium I've been to a million times.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top