BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's weird seeing football played in the baseball stadium I've been to a million times.
View Quote
Yup, but it's got more seats now. I kind of hope they can fill them too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sent you a IM
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the O/U clock thing in the right hand bottom?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is the O/U clock thing in the right hand bottom?
View Quote
That’s the over/under for the game. You can bet on the total points scored.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's the over/under for the game. You can bet on the total points scored.
View Quote
Ohh that makes sense, pretty cool it's up on the screen in real time
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
The said they’re only using 38,000 seats at the dome in St. Louis.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're talking about the XFL in the official NFL thread as well and I posted these pics from Ticketmaster in there.

MetLife stadium for today's early game, the dots are available seats. They weren't selling tickets for the upper decks.
Attachment Attached File

Globe Life for today's late game. They weren't selling tickets for the upper deck either.

Attachment Attached File

I know that yesterday they said they had 17.6k people at Audi Field in DC.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We're talking about the XFL in the official NFL thread as well and I posted these pics from Ticketmaster in there.

MetLife stadium for today's early game, the dots are available seats. I don't believe they were selling tickets for the upper decks considering the massive size of this stadium versus the soccer stadiums from yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/280940/seating_jpg-1270031.JPG

Globe Life for today's late game. I'm not sure about their upper deck seating either.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/280940/seating_jpg-1270076.JPG

I know that yesterday they said they had 17.6k people at Audi Field in DC.
View Quote
Yeah I think they just want the lower bowl full. I’ve also read that the BattleHawks are interested in using the soon to be built MLS stadium.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice TD run by St. Louis
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah I think they just want the lower bowl full. I’ve also read that the BattleHawks are interested in using the soon to be built MLS stadium.
View Quote
Yep, I was just able to verify that and edited my post right after you quoted me
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#11]
The President of the Seattle Dragons said in an interview that their target was to sell 20,000 tickets for the home opener at Centurylink Field.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Also nice to hear Troy Aikman is there and likes XFL so far
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's weird seeing football played in the baseball stadium I've been to a million times.
The prices aren’t as low as the hype originally made it seem. The Hou-Dal lowest price I can find is $36, and I swear I saw it advertised that some tickets would be in the $20 range.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The prices aren't as low as the hype originally made it seem. The Hou-Dal lowest price I can find is $36, and I swear I saw it advertised that some tickets would be in the $20 range.
View Quote
You better nail some down before this game ends. If Dallas wins those prices will likely go up.

Dallas vs Houston should be a big game anyway because it's only a 3 hour drive for the other team's fans and if both teams are worth a shit they'll travel in droves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The prices aren’t as low as the hype originally made it seem. The Hou-Dal lowest price I can find is $36, and I swear I saw it advertised that some tickets would be in the $20 range.
View Quote
I believe it depends on the venue.

Next week the cheapest ticket for a DC Defenders game at Audi Field is $24 but the cheapest ticket for a Dragons game at CenturyLink is $42. From going through most of the games that seems to be the range for cheapest tickets among the stadiums. In general the soccer stadiums are cheapest while the NFL stadiums are more expensive. The main exception is Raymond James stadium in TB and The Dome in St. Louis.

edit: for HOU vs DAL the tickets for the week 9 game in Houston are $24. I'm guessing thats a farther drive though so the $36 tickets are probably better...
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ohh that makes sense, pretty cool it's up on the screen in real time
View Quote
It’s not real time, that was the O/U before the game. The real time O/U would be much lower since there’s only 12 pts so far.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn! Dude broke the hell outta his leg

Instant air cast being used.
lol he broke it during a scuffle after the play on his own sideline
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn! Dude broke the hell outta his leg

Instant air cast being used
View Quote
Oh yeah. Looked nasty.

I think he hit the metal bench and snapped it pushing that guy out of bounds.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow that was a huge punt!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of injuries in this game
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#21]
The games today haven't been as exciting as Saturday.

Tampa Bay looks like the bottom feeder. They looked lost and confused.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree

The female ref for this game is kinda hot
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I agree

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree

Pics aren’t loading.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow that was a huge punt!
View Quote
Marquette King was one of the best punters in the NFL for about a year or two with the Raiders. He has a personality though.

When he got traded to Denver they didn't let him punt "his" way and it really had an effect on his performance.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok I missed yesterday and caught some of it today..

I'm not getting the good you guys are talking about...they look worse than D1 football. Wide open drops, QB taking useless sacks, punt returners can catch
That kick off is unique and probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the NFL if they're looking to cut back on those full force hits.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not getting the good you guys are talking about...they look worse than D1 football. Wide open drops, QB taking useless sacks, punt returners can catch
That kick off is unique and probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the NFL if they're looking to cut back on those full force hits.
View Quote
Today's games have been worse than yesterdays.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
LA Wildcats vs. Houston Roughnecks Week 1 Highlights | XFL 2020

Seattle Dragons vs. DC Defenders Week 1 Highlights | XFL 2020
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yesterday was amazing. Today these teams are struggling out entry good. Watch the highlight video in my OP
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Next week the cheapest ticket for a DC Defenders game at Audi Field is $24 but the cheapest ticket for a Dragons game at CenturyLink is $42. From going through most of the games that seems to be the range for cheapest tickets among the stadiums. In general the soccer stadiums are cheapest while the NFL stadiums are more expensive. The main exception is Raymond James stadium in TB and The Dome in St. Louis.

edit: for HOU vs DAL the tickets for the week 9 game in Houston are $24. I'm guessing thats a farther drive though so the $36 tickets are probably better...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you go out a few weeks, end zone tickets at Centurylink start at $24 but those are going fast.

ETA:   Yes, there were ads for $20 tickets but that was the per game price  for a season pass end zone seat.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.
I'll have to try and check in next week after I get off...because I was like some of you guys hatred for the NFL is blinding yalls judgement hahah
I'm a sports guy and will watch but from the little I've seen today...college D1 ball is more exciting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yesterday was amazing. Today these teams are struggling out entry good. Watch the highlight video in my OP
View Quote
I'll try and catch next week. I want to try to stay unbiased..highlight clips are just that highlights and can make the game look better than it was...I wanna see a game ...
Like said I'm a sports fan so I'll be tuning in and hoping it improves as time goes on
At least it's giving guys a chance to play if they didn't make it to the NFL.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ok.
I'll have to try and check in next week after I get off...because I was like some of you guys hatred for the NFL is blinding yalls judgement hahah
I'm a sports guy and will watch but from the little I've seen today...college D1 ball is more exciting.
View Quote
Remember a lot of these guys have been out of football for awhile and they've only been practicing together for a month or so. They haven't had the time to gel as a team.

Essentially most these teams are made of D1 players who didn't get to or stick in the NFL, so if you think of it as D1 teams with the future NFL guys removed and factor in the unfamiliarity that kinda explains the mistakes you're seeing. I'm sure some of it will improve over the course of the season.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll try and catch next week. I want to try to stay unbiased..highlight clips are just that highlights and can make the game look better than it was...I wanna see a game ...
Like said I'm a sports fan so I'll be tuning in and hoping it improves as time goes on
At least it's giving guys a chance to play if they didn't make it to the NFL.
View Quote
The Houston and LA game was pretty much highlight play followed by a couple inconsequential plays followed by another highlight play. Continue for the whole game
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah that's why I said I'll keep watching and seeing the progressions during the season...
Next season should be better game play
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pics aren’t loading.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#36]
She's a NFL ref too I guess

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.
Most of us watching the XFL are NFL fans anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Man Dallas special teams needs some more practice
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Watched all the games this weekend I like the brand, I was expecting some sloppy play being a new league, but the play looked good, the game seems to move much faster, not near as many penalties being called and I like the extra point setup.

I saw the first XFL ejection today going to be interesting to see how the XFL handles it vs how the NFL does.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQlBkkcCUAAdOSc.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Watched the highlights for all 4 games. I’m down to watch more. So far liking what I see.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQlBkkcCUAAdOSc.jpg
View Quote
She keeps calling penalties for things that happened years ago.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#45]
It was a surprisingly enjoyable weekend for four games.

I'm Battlehawks all the way
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It was a surprisingly enjoyable weekend for four games.

I'm Battlehawks all the way
View Quote
I like the Renegades, they need to get the ball to Dunbar more and I hope Landry Jones can give their offense a boost we he returns next week.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The President of the Seattle Dragons said in an interview that their target was to sell 20,000 tickets for the home opener at Centurylink Field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Looks like Dallas did almost that:

Nearly 20,000 watch Dallas Renegades' first XFL game

ARLINGTON, Texas — It was the beginning of a new era.

Sunday, an announced crowd of 17,206 watched the first-ever game of the new Dallas Renegades XFL team.
Hopefully those numbers will keep going up.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Youtube video for the curious that missed the all the action;

XFL 2020 - Best of Week 1
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm liking it.  Feels like football.
View Quote
Yep. The football is actually pretty decent. For the most part, it looks like real football played by good players and not a gimmick.

Know what would be an attractive draw? Exhibition games between various collegiate teams and XFL teams. Imagine the XFL Champion playing against the Div. I Champ in springtime during spring practices.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:36:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep. The football is actually pretty decent. For the most part, it looks like real football played by good players and not a gimmick.

Know what would be an attractive draw? Exhibition games between various collegiate teams and XFL teams. Imagine the XFL Champion playing against the Div. I Champ in springtime during spring practices.
View Quote
As I said in a different thread, I think a "WE WANT BAMA" sign would be funny, but perhaps in poor taste.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top