View Quote
Not at all surprising.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The painted areas on that track actually mark higher traction areas to help keep them from sliding. The red paint indicates the start of an extremely aggressive surface to slow cars prior to the barrier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting theory that the new floor on the Ferrari may have been part of the reason Leclerc went off.

https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/1008545/1/ferrari-s-upgraded-floor-indirect-cause-leclerc-s-latest-dnf

Basically, downforce created by new floor required them to run a setup with a pointy front end to keep the front tire deg in check, and Leclerc got caught out by some oversteer he couldn’t correct.  Not sure how much I believe it, but even if they ran a setup with a bit of oversteer, the driver should be able to handle it.  Sainz was able to the whole race, and Leclerc was controlling it until he went off.  We’ll probably never know the real truth unless either Leclerc or Ferrari say it’s anything different than just driver error.

He might have been able to until he hit the paint. The lines and lines of paint- I don’t know about there but paint is usually a different friction coefficient. Perhaps on a normal track he would have been able to correct but once he was already in a slide then hit 50% paint it was all over

The painted areas on that track actually mark higher traction areas to help keep them from sliding. The red paint indicates the start of an extremely aggressive surface to slow cars prior to the barrier.

Wow didn’t know that thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, bye
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, bye
Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank god
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Seb for race director.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hulkenback

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good, one less whiner to listen to. Now HAM, please exit stage right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It’s time. I don’t know what happen to Seb over the last couple years(TBI maybe?) but he’s not the badass he once was.  Remember when he “checked” Hamilton in Baku? That was one of the most gangster things I’ve ever seen and it completely frazzled lulu.

Hamilton & Vettel Come To Blows | 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Or when he moved the podium boards in Canada?

Sebastian Vettel moves No 1 board away from Hamilton's car after losing Canadian GP

Seb will always be a legend in my eyes, regardless of the SJW stuff at the end. He’s had an amazing career, been fun to watch and gives some of the best interviews of anyone.

Viel Gluck Seb!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don’t think Lewis will go quietly into the night.

Expect a NASCAR style “victory tour” and Sky “remembering the legend” vids for each weekend with Sarah McLachlin’s “In the arms of an angel” as the soundtrack.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats sadly a meme account.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Expect a NASCAR style “victory tour” and Sky “remembering the legend” vids for each weekend with Sarah McLachlin’s “In the arms of an angel” as the soundtrack.
View Quote

Lol. Quoting for posterity. Probably exactly how it will go down.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

With a heavy dose of "We wuz robbed!".
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It’s time. I don’t know what happen to Seb over the last couple years(TBI maybe?) but he’s not the badass he once was.  Remember when he “checked” Hamilton in Baku? That was one of the most gangster things I’ve ever seen and it completely frazzled lulu.

Viel Gluck Seb!
View Quote

Like the rest of us, he got old.  Racing is a young man's sport.  As you age, your ODA loop gets longer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

With a heavy dose of "We wuz robbed!".
View Quote

I saw something about Kravitz talking points after the French GP on Masi leaving the FIA and going on about how Masi cost Hamilton his 8th title and how they're all still collectively butt hurt about it. Hamilton, Toto, SkySports journalists, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like the rest of us, he got old.  Racing is a young man's sport.  As you age, your ODA loop gets longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Viel Gluck Seb!

It has more to do with drifting priorities and a commitment level. In Vettel’s case, you can make a pretty good mid career argument with his kids (2014) and a further drift recently with all of the eco stuff. He was renowned for going the extra mile in his championship days (visiting with Pirelli, spending a ton of time at the Red Bull factory).

The opposite is Alonso, who at 40 (five years older than Vettel) is probably racing at a level that rivals his best ever. He has to rely more now of experience, but the commitment is still there and not competing with anything else.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

FRIDAY 07/29
FP1 8AM - ESPNU
FP2 11AM - ESPN2

SATURDAY 07/30
FP3 7AM - ESPN2
QUALI 10AM - ESPN2

SUNDAY 07/31
RACE 9AM - ESPN

Top 5 Dramatic Moments | Hungarian Grand Prix

Sebastian Vettel On His F1 Retirement

Drivers React To Sebastian Vettel's Retirement

Sebastian Vettel: Genius And Joker!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#17]
40 out of the 71 responses to the survey said predicted that Vettel would retire at the end of this season.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t think that’s always the case.  Alonzo is still pounding around and doing great in a middling car.  And, to be fair, now that Hammy has the car more to his taste, he’s doing pretty good for his age too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Vettel speech confirms everything I didnt like lately with Vettel..

the woke shit is over the top
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good riddance.  He will be free to pick up garbage and campaign for Greta
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Goodbye Seb. It's great he was a 4 time champ and he was fun to watch, but the SJW shit just completely tarnished the shine for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't think that's always the case.  Alonzo is still pounding around and doing great in a middling car.  And, to be fair, now that Hammy has the car more to his taste, he's doing pretty good for his age too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's always the case.  Alonzo is still pounding around and doing great in a middling car.  And, to be fair, now that Hammy has the car more to his taste, he's doing pretty good for his age too.
Plenty of old guys still kicking ass in sports cars. I think in F1 it's the constant demands of the media/sponsorship commitments that take more of a toll as you get a bit older.
24/7 your life is scheduled by a PR person.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Goodbye Seb. It's great he was a 4 time champ and he was fun to watch, but the SJW shit just completely tarnished the shine for me.
View Quote
When Leclerc came to Ferrari he completely took the wind out of Seb's sails.
It's been all downhill since then.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don’t think that’s always the case.  Alonzo is still pounding around and doing great in a middling car.  And, to be fair, now that Hammy has the car more to his taste, he’s doing pretty good for his age too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alonso is a freak. He has no life outside of racing. Others spend the off season away from the track doing other things, spending time with family, etc. When Alonso isn’t racing he’s racing, if he isn’t in an F1 car he’s in a go cart, off-road truck, jet ski, LeMans car, Indy car, all he does is race.

I know Seb loves F1, he’s more knowledgeable about the sport and it’s history than anyone else on the grid but I think he recognizes the opportunity costs too. He has a family with small kids and other hobbies and passions. I think he has a long list of things he’d rather be doing than sitting in a back of the grid car.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

FRIDAY 07/29
FP1 8AM - ESPNU
FP2 11AM - ESPN2

SATURDAY 07/30
FP3 7AM - ESPN2
QUALI 10AM - ESPN2

SUNDAY 07/31
RACE 9AM - ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9RKKiCD92U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tGGT-N9AA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPMmVwH8pQw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYS17viQpM
View Quote

My favorite part of the Hungarian GP last year was HAM lining up by himself like a total jackoff for the restart when everyone else was smart enough to pit for slicks.  ?? OCO can have a repeat performance.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My favorite part of the Hungarian GP last year was HAM lining up by himself like a total jackoff for the restart when everyone else was smart enough to pit for slicks.  ?? OCO can have a repeat performance.
View Quote

That was hilarious.

Next to Baku last year and Mark Weber's scream when HAM locked up at the restart, the restart for Hungary was the best.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#27]
There will be many questions about some of the upgrades.

AM’s rear wing end plates are an extreme grey area interpretation of the rules.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/f8dfg5k1vhe91.png
View Quote

Gonna be banned by Spa, it's not "in the spirit of the regulations"
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/f8dfg5k1vhe91.png

I would agree.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#30]
They claim they've had approval at every step.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They claim they've had approval at every step.
View Quote

It’s all a bit of a bureaucratic process.

It is a legal grey area which gets the initial approval. Once it gets brought to the track and everyone gets to see it as a public “example A”, the actual discussions and review begin (spirit of the rules).

They are playing with one of the key features of this generation of car (dirty air and the ability to follow).
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's all a bit of a bureaucratic process.

It is a legal grey area which gets the initial approval. Once it gets brought to the track and everyone gets to see it as a public "example A", the actual discussions and review begin (spirit of the rules).

They are playing with one of the key features of this generation of car (dirty air and the ability to follow).
View Quote

Yeah the other teams are going to have something to say about it for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I was a big fan of his back in the day, too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Does Leclerc Make TOO MANY Mistakes?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't watch, as just the green shit is insanely hypocritical anyway.

I'm pretty new to paying attention, but it seemed like this was a way to stay "relevant" when he left Ferrari.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Perez behind Russell on hards him on softs.  What the hell.  I know it's only FP1 but come on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Hamilton: How far are we ?
Box : 1.9
Ham: 1.9 on the same tires ?

EHL OH EHL !
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I’m a bit confused as to why we keep hearing that Ferrari “might” have upgraded the power unit.

Outside of the MGU-K, control electronics, and Energy Store (which have a Sep 1 homologation date), all of the other components are frozen and require the below process to change for reliability:

An engine supplier wishing to make changes can submit a written application to the FIA's Technical Department, outlining the reasons for the request. As well as a detailed explanation, the manufacturer must include evidence outlining the research into the issue and how they have proven the change will rectify it.

The submitted explanation and proposed solution will then be circulated by the FIA between all the engine manufacturers, in order to get a better understanding of whether the original manufacturer's request is justified and fair. If the FIA are satisfied by what the other manufacturers say about the solution, then permission may be granted to make the change.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm pretty new to paying attention, but it seemed like this was a way to stay "relevant" when he left Ferrari.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think so, I think he really believes it. Of all the drivers he’s the least likely to be in the lime light, I don’t think he has any social media and he seems to keep his private life private.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Well….that could be it until Sunday morning qualifying.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well….that could be it until Sunday morning qualifying.
View Quote

What happen?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What happen?
View Quote

Much rain expected tomorrow
=
Clean track on Sunday
=
Like Austria
=
Bad news for redbull ?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don’t think so, I think he really believes it. Of all the drivers he’s the least likely to be in the lime light, I don’t think he has any social media and he seems to keep his private life private.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s got Instagram now…

https://instagram.com/sebastianvettel?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think he just joined IG because that’s where he made the retirement announcement.  But that said, I think he’s a nice guy, and not an arrogant douche like sone other drivers, and if that’s what he believes and he wants to go off an do that and be with his family more, then more power to him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I know it's only fp2 but.... Mando Norris getting it done.

Perez wants to get replaced.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think he just joined IG because that’s where he made the retirement announcement.  But that said, I think he’s a nice guy, and not an arrogant douche like sone other drivers, and if that’s what he believes and he wants to go off an do that and be with his family more, then more power to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s going to be an influencer now. 2 posts and 2,000,000 followers has to be some kind of record. I forgot he’s got a YouTube channel too but it’s mostly just videos of his 911 GT2RS MR flying on the Nurburgring, the Mustang he’s restoring and a clip of him crashing his Tesla.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He’s going to be an influencer now. 2 posts and 2,000,000 followers has to be some kind of record. I forgot he’s got a YouTube channel too but it’s mostly just videos of his 911 GT2RS MR flying on the Nurburgring, the Mustang he’s restoring and a clip of him crashing his Tesla.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to his YouTube page? I wasn’t aware he had one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, his instagram says "THERE IS STILL A RACE TO WIN"

I'd bet a case of Pmags he's talking about climate change.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, his instagram says "THERE IS STILL A RACE TO WIN"

I'd bet a case of Pmags he's talking about climate change.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crashing a Tesla without context is enough to get the Arfcom title of Based. Seb will be an Arf hero in no time.
Page / 277
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top