Site Notices
Page / 277
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed. I may actually buy tickets to go to our homegrown Austin race.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree. He was way out there when he lost the rear end. I was wondering initially if he got on to marbles but the crash seemed really strange as he was coasting.

Its nice to have a three team fight even though the Mercs aren't quite there yet.

You’re not gonna love the third party pricing for the tickets…
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think it would be an improvement for sure but there isn’t a lot of overtaking opportunities, maybe it would be different with the new cars.

I disagree. There needs to be a heel, Mercedes is like the evil empire in Star Wars to me. Luis has been the driver we love to hate for most of the last decade and now it looks like the torch is being passed to RUS. His comments about Williams and the incessant bitching about his failed dive bomb on Perez has made me like him a lot less in just this week alone. They’re the perfect bad guy.
View Quote

I gotta disagree there are plenty of other potential bad guys.  Merc, Lewis, and Toto are pure toxic trash at this point.  They bring nothing to the sport other than social justice warrior shitbags....and enough of the sporting world has been destroyed by that.  Its not needed in F1.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
LEC seems to be upset to the point of it being out of character here, he seems to be angry at the car. Usually he immediately takes responsibility and is very down and dejected at his mistakes, here he genuinely seems to be pissed at the car.

I'm probably reading too much into it but I'm not 100% convinced it was all LEC that caused that crash.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The transmission is engaged when coasting.

Ultimately, you want/need consistency. If you watch Charles’ qualifying run through that corner, he never sees 0% throttle. If expected (whether automated or based on driver input), this is totally workable. The minimum load is constant.

The problem comes when you are on old tires and change the load mid corner. The change from 0% to that small throttle application at that point in the corner was the cause of the spin. Either Charles got greedy and messed up or he wasn’t in control of that input and wasn’t expecting it.

ETA: Something I just noticed that would solve the issue. Charles saw both throttle and brake at the same time. Was that consistent through that corner for the previous laps or an anomaly?

View Quote

there was also some abnormal gusting right at that moment apparently.

lets not forget Verstappen made kinda the same mistake in Barcelona, exited the track.. and won because leclerc engine blew...
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LEC seems to be upset to the point of it being out of character here, he seems to be angry at the car. Usually he immediately takes responsibility and is very down and dejected at his mistakes, here he genuinely seems to be pissed at the car.

I'm probably reading too much into it but I'm not 100% convinced it was all LEC that caused that crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3YlgsvRsA0
View Quote

this, or pissed because he couldnt engage the R....

but you are right. this seems out of the usual for a mistake of his.

ps: The unsafe release of Sainz.. is on Sainz actually. the red light was still ON when he went.... Ferrari botched the pit stop for sure, losing time on a rear tire, but they never cleared him.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh….all the pieces are in place and the odds are high.

Are you ready Ferrari fans?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting theory that the new floor on the Ferrari may have been part of the reason Leclerc went off.

https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/1008545/1/ferrari-s-upgraded-floor-indirect-cause-leclerc-s-latest-dnf

Basically, downforce created by new floor required them to run a setup with a pointy front end to keep the front tire deg in check, and Leclerc got caught out by some oversteer he couldn’t correct.  Not sure how much I believe it, but even if they ran a setup with a bit of oversteer, the driver should be able to handle it.  Sainz was able to the whole race, and Leclerc was controlling it until he went off.  We’ll probably never know the real truth unless either Leclerc or Ferrari say it’s anything different than just driver error.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Interesting theory that the new floor on the Ferrari may have been part of the reason Leclerc went off.

https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/1008545/1/ferrari-s-upgraded-floor-indirect-cause-leclerc-s-latest-dnf

Basically, downforce created by new floor required them to run a setup with a pointy front end to keep the front tire deg in check, and Leclerc got caught out by some oversteer he couldn’t correct.  Not sure how much I believe it, but even if they ran a setup with a bit of oversteer, the driver should be able to handle it.  Sainz was able to the whole race, and Leclerc was controlling it until he went off.  We’ll probably never know the real truth unless either Leclerc or Ferrari say it’s anything different than just driver error.
View Quote

He might have been able to until he hit the paint. The lines and lines of paint- I don’t know about there but paint is usually a different friction coefficient. Perhaps on a normal track he would have been able to correct but once he was already in a slide then hit 50% paint it was all over
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They were a lot cheaper the first year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree. He was way out there when he lost the rear end. I was wondering initially if he got on to marbles but the crash seemed really strange as he was coasting.

Its nice to have a three team fight even though the Mercs aren't quite there yet.

My first time going was 2015, still great pricing then.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2013 wasn't bad either. I think I paid ~$300 for Fri-Sun bleacher seats at T11. Might consider going again at that price point, but yea, today, I'll pass as I already checked COTA it off my bucket list. Especially since they were still rocking the 2.5l V8 in '13 which sounded amazing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

2013 wasn't bad either. I think I paid ~$300 for Fri-Sun bleacher seats at T11. Might consider going again at that price point, but yea, today, I'll pass as I already checked COTA it off my bucket list. Especially since they were still rocking the 2.5l V8 in '13 which sounded amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not looking forward to the Vegas GP pricing but I’ve wanted that race to happen since 2000 when it was a finalist along with Indy. Spanish GP a few years back was surprisingly inexpensive, cheapest part of the weekend for sure.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Imagine if Alonso was in Perez's car this year.
View Quote

I was thinking about this. Far better than Perez but old enough that Max won’t see him as a threat to his long term success at RB. IMO Alonso hasn’t lost a beat and may be driving better than ever, some of the stuff he’s been doing over the last couple seasons is simply brilliant. Max could learn a lot from him and having him as a teammate for a couple seasons may be what it takes to get Max from great driver to all time great.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went in 2015 because GovX had free tickets.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The food was the best part of the trip.
View Quote

Did you go to Franklin's or did Zhukov feed you?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Little bit of unsubstantiated chatter (supposedly coming from a German F1 reporter) that the new Haas upgrade is going to turn it into a “white Ferrari”.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Little bit of unsubstantiated chatter (supposedly coming from a German F1 reporter) that the new Haas upgrade is going to turn it into a “white Ferrari”.
View Quote

I'm okay with this as long as they update the livery to John Surtees' NART colors.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Salt Lick. Believe it or not, but Franklin's wasn't a "thing" back then - or he was just starting out. I also cooked chili and some other stuff.
View Quote

I was looking at GA tickets for the US GP for 3 days and it was only $510 or so. Wife would want to go, but not do GA, and have to scrounge a place to sit, etc. Not to mention plane tickets and hotel.  There were some main grandstand 1st row at the start/finish for a reasonable price but for 2 people it would be around $5-6K for the trip. That's almost nice BNVD money.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I was looking at GA tickets for the US GP for 3 days and it was only $510 or so. Wife would want to go, but not do GA, and have to scrounge a place to sit, etc. Not to mention plane tickets and hotel.  There were some main grandstand 1st row at the start/finish for a reasonable price but for 2 people it would be around $5-6K for the trip. That's almost nice BNVD money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Salt Lick. Believe it or not, but Franklin's wasn't a "thing" back then - or he was just starting out. I also cooked chili and some other stuff.

F1's newfound popularity, thanks at least in part, to the reality drama show "Drive to Survive" has definitely had an effect on prices. I went in 2015, 3 day pass, turn 1 in the bleachers. Great seats. Cost was ~700, which I still thought was ridiculous at the time. It's been a couple of years since I last checked ticket costs for the same seats, but I imagine they have gone up a bit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#26]
We may not know if Leclerc was taking one for the team by blaming himself instead of the car but Sainz sure did in the post race interview. At 1:10 he says “the team has done a very good job at strategy this year” compared to who? They’ve probably lost more points to poor strategy calls than the rest of the teams combined.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

F1's newfound popularity, thanks at least in part, to the reality drama show "Drive to Survive" has definitely had an effect on prices. I went in 2015, 3 day pass, turn 1 in the bleachers. Great seats. Cost was ~700, which I still thought was ridiculous at the time. It's been a couple of years since I last checked ticket costs for the same seats, but I imagine they have gone up a bit.
View Quote

For my 3 day club Silverstone ticket it was 800. I felt I got a lot of value out of it considering the other track activities, reserved seat and separate club area.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just finished watching. George is perfect for Mercedes. What an insufferable little bitch.
View Quote
Sheriff Woody is a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He might have been able to until he hit the paint. The lines and lines of paint- I don’t know about there but paint is usually a different friction coefficient. Perhaps on a normal track he would have been able to correct but once he was already in a slide then hit 50% paint it was all over
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The painted areas on that track actually mark higher traction areas to help keep them from sliding. The red paint indicates the start of an extremely aggressive surface to slow cars prior to the barrier.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it's going to blow up with three laps left and drop their strategists' IQs by 87%?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For my 3 day club Silverstone ticket it was 800. I felt I got a lot of value out of it considering the other track activities, reserved seat and separate club area.
View Quote

Even having to sit amongst the Hamilton fans?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#33]
A little late, but I ran across this vid on Instagram yesterday and had a chuckle. It's a bus of Max fans returning from the race (Austria?). They got pretty creative with the bus graphics!

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#34]
The legal papers just dropped for Red Bull-Porsche and they are going all in.

Porsche is buying a 50% equity position in Red Bull Technology.

Press release from the Competition Council relating to the proposed concentration concerns the establishment of a joint venture by Dr. ING. H.C.F PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT and RED BULL GMBH as well as the equity investment of Dr. ING. H.C.F. PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT in RED BULL TECHNOLOGY LTD
In accordance with article 13 of law 104-12 relating to freedom of prices and competition and Article 10 of Decree No. 2-14-652 taken for its application, the Competition Council makes available to the public the “transaction summary” below, containing the information communicated by the parties.
This information has been compiled by the notifying parties, who are solely responsible for it. Any inaccurate or distorted information contained therein in no way prejudges the position of the Competition Council on the proposed transaction.
The publication of this press release does not attest to the completeness of the file provided for in article 9 of decree n° 2 -14-652 taken for the application of law 104-12 on the freedom of prices and competition.
I. First operation relating to the creation of a joint venture
Names of companies and groups involved in the first operation:
Dr. ING. H.C.F PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT;
RED BULL GMBH.
Nature of the first operation
Creation of a joint venture.
Economic sectors concerned in the first operation
The manufacture of a power unit (powertrain).
II. Second operation relating to the acquisition of a stake and control.
Names of companies and groups involved in the second operation:
Dr. ING. H.C.F PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT;
RED BULL TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Nature of the second operation
Acquisition of 50% of the shares of the target.
Economic sectors concerned in the second operation
The development and manufacture of Formula 1 chassis.
Period within which interested third parties are invited to make their observations known
10 days from the date of publication of this press release, i.e. August 4, 2022.
NON-CONFIDENTIAL SUMMARY OF THE TRANSACTION PROVIDED BY THE PARTIES
On July 8, 2022, the Competition Council received notification of a concentration concerning two transactions which the notifying party considers to be interdependent consisting of (i) the creation of a joint venture by (a) Dr. ING. H.C.F PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT, a company incorporated under German law which is a subsidiary 100% indirect from the German company VOLKSWAGEN AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT; and by (b) RED BULL GMBH, a company incorporated under Austrian law, who and the parent company of the RED BULL group;
And at the same time (ii) the acquisition of Dr. ING. H.C.F. PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT joint control through the acquisition of 50% of the shares of RED BULL TECHNOLOGY LTD, a UK subsidiary services company wholly owned by RED BULL GMBH.
The Joint Venture which will be set up by Dr. ING. H.C.F PORSCHE AKTIENGESLLSCHAFT and by RED BULL GMBH will develop and manufacture a unit of power for RED BULL TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Also RED BULL TECHNOLOGY LTD develops and manufactures chassis for one of the two RED BULL
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dang. See that makes me want to go for Red Bull.

But Red Bull fans can be kinda bleh.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Disregard
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
El Plan getting creative.

https://i.redd.it/bpcv38ddm5e91.jpg
View Quote

If you're brave enough...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
El Plan getting creative.

https://i.redd.it/bpcv38ddm5e91.jpg

Turns out it is just a missing element.

Nothing to see….
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#43]
The key details revealed about Porsche buying into Red Bull in F1
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn Porsche is spending that Macan money fast, LMDH and a 50% stake in RB F1! Hopefully this venture into F1 goes better for them than it did last time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Good, one less whiner to listen to. Now HAM, please exit stage right.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I was thinking about this. Far better than Perez but old enough that Max won't see him as a threat to his long term success at RB. IMO Alonso hasn't lost a beat and may be driving better than ever, some of the stuff he's been doing over the last couple seasons is simply brilliant. Max could learn a lot from him and having him as a teammate for a couple seasons may be what it takes to get Max from great driver to all time great.
View Quote
His point total doesn't really reflect what a great season he's had so far (behind Ocon in pts). No way would he have been caught sleeping on a restart like we saw with Perez. For me, Alpine has been the surprise of the mid pack teams.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder who is going to fill the seat….

Just kidding. It’s AM, who cares.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Haas’ new “Ferrari” sidepods

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, bye
Page / 277
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top