Page / 248
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really?

View Quote

And all the other things that go into winning a weekend. LOL

Is pot legal in Belgium because i think Lewis m might have partaken in the devils lettuce. ??
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The issue with the Sky presenters are the non-F1 drivers. Brundle, Hill, Davidson, Di Resta, and Karun are all pretty good at talking F1, Crofty is a bit of an idiot, as are the two wenches they have presenting.
View Quote
Did anyone catch Karun making fun of Croft during qualifying? Croft said something about Davidson being too skinny, Karun came back with something like "right, he should try the Crofty diet"
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great race - I'm in love with rain and the chaos it brings. Too bad the last rain was heavy enough to stop the race; it would have been great if it was just heavy enough to keep things going and all the tire strategizing that would have ensued.

LeClerk and Ferrari are just a shit show. For quite a while I was amused but now I'm almost starting to feel sorry for them

And Sargeant? Anyone want to take bets if he survives the season? What a total bust he's been. DeVries probably did better than him and he's already gone.
View Quote

Post-race James Vowles said Logan's shunt was due to a hydraulic failure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Podium celebration listed Gasly as Ocon. That wasn't ESPN's fault though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 1:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, so I was not the only one who was tweaking. I thought I kept hearing Ocon being said but saw Gasly.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When you podium so rarely, nobody recognizes you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When you podium so rarely, nobody recognizes you.
View Quote

I saw a meme on IG that was a capture of the podium displaying OCON OCON OCON as Gasly walked out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did anyone catch Karun making fun of Croft during qualifying? Croft said something about Davidson being too skinny, Karun came back with something like "right, he should try the Crofty diet"
View Quote

Yeah I caught that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Nigel Mansell is selling his personal collection of helmets, suits, trophies, etc.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/home/lots/nm23
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nigel Mansell is selling his personal collection of helmets, suits, trophies, etc.

View Quote

There's some cool stuff there. Brings back some memories of watching him as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is he hard up for cash or something? Dieing and none of his family want to keep the stuff?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is he hard up for cash or something? Dieing and none of his family want to keep the stuff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's getting pretty old.

Some of those items really should be in a museum though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's some cool stuff there. Brings back some memories of watching him as a kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. The red 5 FW14 and the B in 92 were my jam when I first started watching.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine how much that stuff is worth now in the post Drive To Survive market.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Imagine how much that stuff is worth now in the post Drive To Survive market.

View Quote

You can get a GP trophy for 5k.  A first place GP trophy from 10-50k.

Podium hats around 250.

All in pounds Sterling.

When you look at pages 6-7 you can find some cheap memorabilia.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has had a habit of selling high value items.

He sold a golf course he owned in 2007 for $23 million.
He sold his 1989 Ferrari 640 and his 1991 FW14 in 2022 for 7.6 million euros. Seb bought the FW14.

At some point it is just stuff you have been sitting on for decades and it’s the right time to sell. I’m sure he is keeping quite a few helmets etc. that have the most sentimental value.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it odd that the go-cart is what attracted me the most?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He's getting pretty old.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's getting pretty old.

He only just turned 70. I hope I have more than 7 years before I have to start selling off my stuff
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Likely won’t affect Red Bull, but will make the Ferrari even more of a dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Is there any iota of detail that there FIA doesn’t try to control??  

Is flex wing technology that big of a game changer?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Ferrari 640 seat and steering wheel would make a pretty awesome base for a sim.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reach a stage in his life where none of these things matter much to him anymore.

I sort of went through this 5 years ago. Sold off lots of Baseball / Basketball / NFL cards and Comics that I held since childhood.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#25]
ITALIAN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

FRIDAY 09/01
FP1 7:30AM - ESPN2
FP2 11AM - ESPN2

SATURDAY 09/02
FP3 6:30AM - ESPN2
QUALI 10AM - ESPN2

SUNDAY 09/03
RACE 9AM - ESPN

Five Incredible Battles at the Italian Grand Prix
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It has been on the radar for a few years and it can provide a fairly significant effect. See Aston’s poor form recently as a result of an FIA crackdown on their front wing.

The fun bit is the process. The FIA counts on the impetus and the brain power of the teams to “self police”. In the case of Aston, a rival team investigated, figured out what they were probably doing, and then submitted a technical brief to the FIA. With that data, the FIA confirmed and made Aston change the structure of their front wing.

This new TD is either a more broad form application of the Aston investigation or Aston said “fuck that” and showed the FIA what everyone else is probably doing.

Self policing “tit for tat” isn’t new, but it has been amplified since the budget cap came into effect. Previously, teams would always try to quietly copy if possible, but the game is now to try to get the other guy knocked out of their planned development cycle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Ferrari special livery honoring their Le Mans victory

Alfa Romeo special livery for this weekend

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Really like the Alfa livery.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

His mustache is as iconic as Fittipaldi's sideburns.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm very tempted to take a shot at his 1993 PPG cup. But I think the estimates are low for a lot of that stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#31]

The merc front wing flexes like a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ferrari special livery honoring their Le Mans victory the only damn thing worth mentioning about Corse & Scuderia Ferrari's performance the last decade

View Quote

FTFY. :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This new TD is either a more broad form application of the Aston investigation or Aston said “fuck that” and showed the FIA what everyone else is probably doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm definitely leaning toward the latter because ...

Self policing “tit for tat” isn’t new, but it has been amplified since the budget cap came into effect.
Previously, teams would always try to quietly copy if possible, but the game is now to try to get the other guy knocked out of their planned development cycle.

This. A budget cap will completely fuck up your development cycles if one choose an engineering path that is suddenly banned after having already committed resources and capital to the thesis.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It has been on the radar for a few years and it can provide a fairly significant effect. See Aston’s poor form recently as a result of an FIA crackdown on their front wing.

The fun bit is the process. The FIA counts on the impetus and the brain power of the teams to “self police”. In the case of Aston, a rival team investigated, figured out what they were probably doing, and then submitted a technical brief to the FIA. With that data, the FIA confirmed and made Aston change the structure of their front wing.

Self policing “tit for tat” isn’t new, but it has been amplified since the budget cap came into effect. Previously, teams would always try to quietly copy if possible, but the game is now to try to get the other guy knocked out of their planned development cycle.
View Quote

AM loves squealing on other teams when they get caught or penalized for something.  The Alonso effect.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:43:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Ferrari Pitstop Practice ?????? https://www.facebook.com/reel/1038403887291741?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=KgZOmC
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

AM loves squealing on other teams when they get caught or penalized for something.  The Alonso effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been on the radar for a few years and it can provide a fairly significant effect. See Aston's poor form recently as a result of an FIA crackdown on their front wing.

The fun bit is the process. The FIA counts on the impetus and the brain power of the teams to "self police". In the case of Aston, a rival team investigated, figured out what they were probably doing, and then submitted a technical brief to the FIA. With that data, the FIA confirmed and made Aston change the structure of their front wing.

This new TD is either a more broad form application of the Aston investigation or Aston said "fuck that" and showed the FIA what everyone else is probably doing.

Self policing "tit for tat" isn't new, but it has been amplified since the budget cap came into effect. Previously, teams would always try to quietly copy if possible, but the game is now to try to get the other guy knocked out of their planned development cycle.

Do you honestly think no other team squeals when they see something they don't like? They all do it.

m
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#37]
If I had to guess this will be Ham's last 2 years in F1, but who knows...

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

All i ask is that he doesn’t become a commentator for F1TV.  ??
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Another Sotherby's Auction.

THE SCHUMACHER COLLECTION

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s sad that they had to wait to announce George’s contract extension as well. He signed a few months ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn, I was really hoping for Ham to hang it up after this year.  His whining and the commentators fellating him have been obnoxious.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Preview for the Alpha Tauri documentary that is coming out soon.

Whatever it takes – the Race before the Races | Official Trailer
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If he replaces Danica I would be okay with it
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone who has won 7 WDCs and arguably could have had 9, probably would know a little something about F1, so yeah, I’d rather listen to his color commentary than any combination of Chandhok, Button, Patrick, and Crofty.

??????
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Damn, I was really hoping for Ham to hang it up after this year.  His whining and the commentators fellating him have been obnoxious.
View Quote

Perhaps you are watching a different series?
The commentators basically say Max can finish on their faces the way they go on about him.

And as for whining, listen to Max whenever something isn’t going just his way? He friggin’ excoriates his team over the radio - or worse, basically tells his team to go fuck off, he’s going to do what he wants (see: MEX GP 22).
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a J-O-B for folks that didn’t quite make enough racing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Someone who has won 7 WDCs and arguably could have had 9, probably would know a little something about F1, so yeah, I’d rather listen to his color commentary than any combination of Chandhok, Button, Patrick, and Crofty.

??????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??????

If Sky sports wants him fine with me, i don’t want him on F1TV.

He may be a SME doesn’t mean i care to hear him pontificate on how hard it was for him and his struggles.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm good to see lewis get his shit pushed in by Max for another 2 seasons.  It'll be awesome if he's never a winner in the next 2 years too.....and then finally retires and fucks off after being a loser for 4 years straight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He may be a SME doesn’t mean i care to hear him pontificate on how hard it was for him and his struggles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

??????

Personally, I like it when Coulthard is in the F1TV booth, he cuts the drivers no slack and it is hilarious. Hinchcliffe was pretty good as well at Silverstone.
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top