BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 248
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm good to see lewis get his shit pushed in by Max for another 2 seasons.  It'll be awesome if he's never a winner in the next 2 years too.....and then finally retires and fucks off after being a loser for 4 years straight.
View Quote

But how do you really feel though?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm good to see lewis get his shit pushed in by Max for another 2 seasons.  It'll be awesome if he's never a winner in the next 2 years too.....and then finally retires and fucks off after being a loser for 4 years straight.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Personally, I like it when Coulthard is in the F1TV booth, he cuts the drivers no slack and it is hilarious. Hinchcliffe was pretty good as well at Silverstone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All i ask is that he doesn’t become a commentator for F1TV.  ??

Someone who has won 7 WDCs and arguably could have had 9, probably would know a little something about F1, so yeah, I’d rather listen to his color commentary than any combination of Chandhok, Button, Patrick, and Crofty.

??????

If Sky sports wants him fine with me, i don’t want him on F1TV.

He may be a SME doesn’t mean i care to hear him pontificate on how hard it was for him and his struggles.

Personally, I like it when Coulthard is in the F1TV booth, he cuts the drivers no slack and it is hilarious. Hinchcliffe was pretty good as well at Silverstone.

I love the F1TV team and coverage. For me it’s been well worth the subscription costs compared to watching it free on ESPN/ Sky sports
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I love the F1TV team and coverage. For me it's been well worth the subscription costs compared to watching it free on ESPN/ Sky sports
View Quote
My only wish is that they'd hire Steve Matchett. At least bring him onboard during the US rounds.

m
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

Of all the former champions that I might care to listen to, LH is not one of them.

As long as Vettel didn't preach about climate change nonsense, I imagine he might be entertaining as an analyst. Better than Bernie Collins because he's at least understandable. Bernie is SkySport's Gerald from Clarkson's Farm.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another Sotherby's Auction.

THE SCHUMACHER COLLECTION

View Quote

I may have to spend some $$$

That wing plate was projected to be $3-4000

It's at $15.5k right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If he replaces Danica I would be okay with it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All i ask is that he doesn’t become a commentator for F1TV.  ??

If he replaces Danica I would be okay with it

Maybe he could wear one of his skirts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Any of those mentioned would be better than listening to Lewis.
View Quote

You’re drunk. Listening to Danica talk at times is cringy. Does she know what she is talking about, most times yes. Does she sound half like a goldfish while trying to womansplain it, yes.

Chandok, sir - you won shit all nothing in F1 and were known for crashing.
Please take a seat.

Button is decent when he’s not trying to be a celebrity suck ass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol….I just realized what the times were at Vegas (local).

P1 and P3 are at 10:30 pm
P2 and Qualifying are at midnight
The race starts at 11:00 pm
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another Sotherby's Auction.

THE SCHUMACHER COLLECTION

That one is a bit nutty.

I’m a bit surprised at how low some of the other bids are at this point. The race worn helmets should end up at $30-$40k. The replicas are super cheap as well for something produced by the original manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol….I just realized what the times were at Vegas (local).

P1 and P3 are at 10:30 pm
P2 and Qualifying are at midnight
The race starts at 11:00 pm
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
How the fuck does Red Bull get such top speed with such a rear wing on Verstappen ???

More and more I believe in the whole sliding rear of the Red Bull theory.

There is a video of engineer Ugo Notaro with picture trying to explain/illustrate the topic.

In this theory the rear wing and rear train could be sliding in the longitudinal axis
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I take it practice session 1 is going well??
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#15]
The livery on the Alphas looks fantastic but the car seems to be a dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Better than Bernie Collins because he's at least understandable. Bernie is SkySport's Gerald from Clarkson's Farm.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting description from Horner on the new flexi wing TD.

“We have seen a few rubbery nose boxes”.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like this is another alternative tire allocation test weekend.  Specified tires to be used in each qualifying session, plus a reduction in the number of sets from 13 to 11.  They tried it once before, but it was a rainy weekend, so the teams didn’t burn through the dry tires like they normally would.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see teams complaining about running out of tires.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LOL

Of all the former champions that I might care to listen to, LH is not one of them.

As long as Vettel didn't preach about climate change nonsense, I imagine he might be entertaining as an analyst. Better than Bernie Collins because he's at least understandable. Bernie is SkySport's Gerald from Clarkson's Farm.
View Quote

That's why I like James Hunt's commentary on the old races.  He sounds exactly like the drunk posh Brit you'd want commenting on F1.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm OK with this. Even better would be to see another team rise and give Max Bull a hard time, while Lewis spectates from midfield
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Pérez in Tokyo drift !
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#22]
checo
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Checo is writing his own way out of RBR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
checo
View Quote

So you’re saying I’ll have something to look forward to when I watch the practice sessions tonight!?

Checo isnt having a good season.  ??
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm dead curious who's gonna get the seat.  I think Ricky is out, that wrist fracture with pins is really going to fuck his career even more than it was.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Disney pulled it's channels from Spectrum.  It included ESPN.  Is F1 TV Pro my only option?  Is it worth the money per year?  It's only $80 per year but still.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Disney pulled it's channels from Spectrum.  It included ESPN.  Is F1 TV Pro my only option?  Is it worth the money per year?  It's only $80 per year but still.
View Quote

F1 TV is worth every penny for not having to listen to the Sky F1 team alone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

+2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

+3

Do it!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

+3

Do it!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

+3

Do it!!

+4

Very happy with F1TV the past 3 years.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

+4

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

+3

Do it!!

+4

I'm the stingiest person I know. Best $80 I spend all year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm the stingiest person I know. Best $80 I spend all year.
View Quote

+eleventy. Best deal in streaming there is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he wants to lay the foundation for his retirement I would be interested in some of his tears along with more coffee mugs with his whiny radio messages.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Disney pulled it's channels from Spectrum.  It included ESPN.
View Quote

I literally switched to Spectrum last week and just saw this today when I sat down to watch the recordings of P1 & P2.
Thank goodness I haven't cancelled DISH yet.

I can't afford to keep both for long but at least I'll get to watch this race.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm dead curious who's gonna get the seat.  I think Ricky is out, that wrist fracture with pins is really going to fuck his career even more than it was.
View Quote

It seems even the Universe wants RIC gone now...4 bites at the apple, nothing to show. He is more a F1 Personality then driver. I saw STR saying that thier hands and necks are by far the things that get the most abuse in the car. Maybe a few yrs ago yes, but the cars are way more G now and the race schedule now is insane.

If he gets Checos seat...I am.done
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not too worried about Danny Ric coming back from the wrist injury. From what I could determine through all the different reports and the bandaging he sported leaving the medical center, it looked more like a Colles Fracture that boxers and drunks get from hitting skulls or walls.

They'll probably take the hardware out in the off-season like they did for Fernando. Internal fixation like that is more likely just to allow him a quicker return to the car, than the normal 4-6 weeks a fracture takes to heal. Until he shares more details of it, it is all speculation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not too worried about Danny Ric coming back from the wrist injury. From what I could determine through all the different reports and the bandaging he sported leaving the medical center, it looked more like a Colles Fracture that boxers and drunks get from hitting skulls or walls.

They'll probably take the hardware out in the off-season like they did for Fernando. Internal fixation like that is more likely just to allow him a quicker return to the car, than the normal 4-6 weeks a fracture takes to heal. Until he shares more details of it, it is all speculation.
View Quote

He had a break in a metacarpal.

I have seen a couple of quotes recently saying it was a “complicated break”.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I had a weird thing happen this morning.  I was watching FP2 on F1 Live app on my phone.  The usual crew from F1 Live was providing commentary.  I started to drop my phone and must have clicked on timing and scoring.  Then I clicked on the globe looking icon, and it switched to Sky Sports audio.  Crofty, etc.

Did I tap into the matrix?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It seems even the Universe wants RIC gone now...4 bites at the apple, nothing to show. He is more a F1 Personality then driver. I saw STR saying that thier hands and necks are by far the things that get the most abuse in the car. Maybe a few yrs ago yes, but the cars are way more G now and the race schedule now is insane.

If he gets Checos seat...I am.done
View Quote

Ya, they'd have to be super desperate to give Checo's seat to Danny now.  I think i'll be one of the young guns...hell could even be the guy who stepped in for Danny.  He did not suck at all for his first race with almost no seat time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I had a weird thing happen this morning.  I was watching FP2 on F1 Live app on my phone.  The usual crew from F1 Live was providing commentary.  I started to drop my phone and must have clicked on timing and scoring.  Then I clicked on the globe looking icon, and it switched to Sky Sports audio.  Crofty, etc.

View Quote

Yes

If you are not one of us then you are one of them ....

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
The globe icon is the "international feed", so you'll get the Sky broadcast team.
At least in a web browser on a PC. I don't use the phone app.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The globe icon is the "international feed", so you'll get the Sky broadcast team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wow.  I thought I missed Sky, but I'm not sure now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#44]
There will be a maximum lap time of 1:41 during qualifying to try to limit the nonsense. This includes in laps at out laps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There will be a maximum lap time of 1:41 during qualifying to try to limit the nonsense. This includes in laps at out laps.
View Quote
Too bad. The 2019 fiasco was comedy gold.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#47]
I always love the monza rear wings, slick
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#48]
F1TV telemetry showed Alonso doing a 1:50 following his deleted lap.

No idea if that is legit, but it is 9 seconds slower than the maximum limit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Lol @ Ferrari.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol @ Ferrari.
View Quote

Yeah WTF.
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top