Site Notices
Page / 248
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah WTF.
View Quote

It defies any sort of logic how they manage to fuck something up every damn time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There will be a maximum lap time of 1:41 during qualifying to try to limit the nonsense. This includes in laps at out laps.
View Quote

It's coming into play now.

Investigations inbound
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Investigations inbound
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will be a maximum lap time of 1:41 during qualifying to try to limit the nonsense. This includes in laps at out laps.

Investigations inbound

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe sainz benefited from both leclerc and Verstappen far slipstream
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Wowser!
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Woohoo Sainz, looking good this weekend so far.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

No penalty given
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#8]
No further action on Ferrari… wow they held on…
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Man that's a tight top 3
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe leclerc paid the fact of having no slipstream at all.

It’s so close that even a very far one could have helped
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No penalty given
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No penalty given

I’ll bite my tongue…
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice job, Ferrari. Now let's see how you do in the race itself.
View Quote

I believe they purposely changed the setting to favor the race more than quali comparatively to the past
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Fantastic job
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I’ll bite my tongue…
View Quote

Well, they didn’t give a penalty to Verstappen in Austria for impeding, you think they were gonna take a pole away from Ferrari in Monza for stepping aside and letting cars that were on on fast lap through ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Leclerc just confirmed that not having any slipstream prolly costed him the pole
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well, they didn’t give a penalty to Verstappen in Austria for impeding, you think they were gonna take a pole away from Ferrari in Monza for stepping aside and letting car that were on on fast lap through ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll bite my tongue…

Well, they didn’t give a penalty to Verstappen in Austria for impeding, you think they were gonna take a pole away from Ferrari in Monza for stepping aside and letting car that were on on fast lap through ?

I honestly don’t care that they were not penalized (even if they were guilty, etc.).

But change teams and home tracks and some folks would have lost their minds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I honestly don’t care that they were not penalized (even if they were guilty, etc.).

View Quote

they only would have if there was a omnidirectional selective enforcement of the rules.... what happened in Austria before proved there wasnt one in this case.

Also, the rule was introduced for a purpose and has exceptions included in it. Basically they wanted drivers to avoid jamming the track in the last sector. The reason both Ferrari were slower was because they slowed down to let some driver through in their fast lap, not because they jammed traffic. Which is one of the exceptions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

they only would have if there was a omnidirectional selective enforcement of the rules.... what happened in Austria before proved there wasnt one in this case.

Also, the rule was introduced for a purpose and has exceptions included in it. Basically they wanted drivers to avoid jamming the track in the last sector. The reason both Ferrari were slower was because they slowed down to let some driver through in their fast lap, not because they jammed traffic. Which is one of the exceptions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shouldn’t be shocked that Ferrari were the only team that ran into that issue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I shouldn’t be shocked that Ferrari were the only team that ran into that issue.
View Quote

maybe they were the only ones not impeding at all ?

are you seriously going to bother about something totally insignificant that happened in Q1 and that litterally didnt damage anyone at all ? (and which nobody even noticed but the chrono ?)
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice job, Ferrari. Now let's see how you do in the race itself.
View Quote

They will get destroyed by Max tomorrow.  They might have the pace during a few laps in Quali, but they aren't even close in race pace.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They will get destroyed by the RB-19 tomorrow.  They might have the pace during a few laps in Quali, but they aren't even close in race pace.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Ferrari’s race pace is fine, for a couple of laps after the start.  Before tire-eater mode kicks in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will get destroyed by the RB-19 tomorrow.  They might have the pace during a few laps in Quali, but they aren't even close in race pace.

Fixed it for you

Your continued insinuation that Verstappen isn't the best driver in the field is just laughable at this point.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess Stroll has just given up at this point???  -GOOD-
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your continued insinuation that Verstappen isn't the best driver in the field is just laughable at this point.
View Quote

He's just trying to troll me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ferrari’s race pace is fine, for a couple of laps after the start.  Before tire-eater mode kicks in.
View Quote

This.  Max will be around them within 5 laps if not into the first corner. Granted I hope Max plays it some what safe as I want to see him claim a record that will likely not be beaten for a long long time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#29]
LOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lec needs to take out Ves on lap one and give Carlos a chance. KAMIKAZE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This.  Max will be around them within 5 laps if not into the first corner. Granted I hope Max plays it some what safe as I want to see him claim a record that will likely not be beaten for a long long time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one might be a bit tricky for Red Bull. Granted, there isn’t much actual long run data (everyone was only doing 5-7 laps) and tire wear is on the lower side, but there hasn’t been the usual evidence of RB dominating.

Breaking DRS after a pass is going to be a bitch so we could see a combination of dualing DRS battles between 2nd and 3rd keeping the pressure on or just straight persistent harrying via DRS from 2nd to apply the pressure, but their has to be no opportunity to nurse the tires.

ETA: Looks like all of the long runs today were done on softs, so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
LOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lec needs to take out Ves on lap one and give Carlos a chance. KAMIKAZE!
View Quote

The way Leclerc’s been driving lately, there’s good chance of that happening.  Greater than 50-50 chance that they’ll touch at the first corner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Laughs in HAAS.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This one might be a bit tricky for Red Bull. Granted, there isn’t much actual long run data (everyone was only doing 5-7 laps) and tire wear is on the lower side, but there hasn’t been the usual evidence of RB dominating.

Breaking DRS after a pass is going to be a bitch so we could see a combination of dualing DRS battles between 2nd and 3rd keeping the pressure on or just straight persistent harrying via DRS from 2nd to apply the pressure, but their has to be no opportunity to nurse the tires.

ETA: Looks like all of the long runs today were done on softs, so who knows.
View Quote

We'll see.  Max didn't get a tow?  But Sainz did for sure...that easily accounts for the difference.  And we've seen time and time again....Ferrari does decent in Quali...but then is a massive shit show during the actual race for a variety of reasons.  Their car just doesn't have the race pace to keep up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

never said that though. he is without argument the best (not always the fastest, but the more reliable and constant for sure). that being said, the only reason he would 'destroy' anyone tomorrow, is 90% on the RB-19.

your continued belief that he crushes the championship for other reasons than an ultra dominating car is ridiculous. Suffice to go back to the first half of 2022 to realize that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Ferrari's only chance tomorrow, and its about 5% is to split startegy with 2 drivers.. I would let Sainz, if he start on P1, to go as long as possible for 1 pit stop and I would stop leclerc ultra early, for an undercut and 2 pit stops..

that would force red bull to cover, one or the other strategies, and MAYBE, maybe.. it could work.

but again, its 5% at best
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

btw, if he so dominant, please explain me how Perez, who is average at best, beat him so 'many' times (I would say 5-6 times if we dont count the DNF or mechanical failures ? )
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We'll see.  Max didn't get a tow?  But Sainz did for sure...that easily accounts for the difference.  And we've seen time and time again....Ferrari does decent in Quali...but then is a massive shit show during the actual race for a variety of reasons.  Their car just doesn't have the race pace to keep up.
View Quote

max got about the same tow from leclerc than sainz got fom max, I would say.

the only one without a tow was CHarles
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d say there is 95% chances you are right.

These were race pace on fp2 though

Max, Norris, Perez , leclerc, ham, sainz, russel
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146967/CE5F8E91-77B6-4B34-A19F-24DFF0DDF333-2940611.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146967/CE5F8E91-77B6-4B34-A19F-24DFF0DDF333-2940611.png

Looks like that is only showing 3 laps for Leclerc which doesn’t really account for much.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

never said that though. he is without argument the best (not always the fastest, but the more reliable and constant for sure). that being said, the only reason he would 'destroy' anyone tomorrow, is 90% on the RB-19.

your continued belief that he crushes the championship for other reasons than an ultra dominating car is ridiculous. Suffice to go back to the first half of 2022 to realize that.
View Quote

That’s true for anyone. Without the car, it’s not gonna happen
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are there different colored vaginas on the screen? I can't be the only one who sees that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks like that is only showing 3 laps for Leclerc which doesn’t really account for much.
View Quote

And four for Perez and 5 for Verstappen.

That’s because that was the extent in fp2
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That’s true for anyone. Without the car, it’s not gonna happen
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why are there different colored vaginas on the screen? I can't be the only one who sees that.
View Quote

Vulvae is the term you are looking for. This is a technical discussion, words have meaning for fuck sake (pun intended)
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. There just isn’t enough data. Last year a one stop was preferable so they are going to be on them for a while.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Indeed. There just isn’t enough data. Last year a one stop was preferable so they are going to be on them for a while.
View Quote

If I were Ferrari I’d make 2 stops for leclerc. Try it all. Push it to the max. separate your strategy from max with one driver, so if something unexpected happen you have a chance. If you are doing the same race as the RB-19 you have lost already
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If I were Ferrari I’d make 2 stops for leclerc. Try it all. Push it to the max. separate your strategy from max with one driver, so if something unexpected happen you have a chance. If you are doing the same race as the RB-19 you have lost already
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what they did last year.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

And then if it doesn’t work, people will be complaining that Ferrari fucked up the strategy again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#50]
If I were Ferrari I would get the cars in 1st and 2nd, then fuck up the strategy so that they finish 9th and 11th.
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top