Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I already have an m4-2000; how good or bad would this be at suppressing the MKE AP5?

Is there a ton of loss of efficiency?  Or is it still a damn good option?

I assume I'd have to find some kind of muzzle device to accept the m4-2000 on the AP5 threads.
View Quote
Other than the slight issue of pushing a 9mm bullet through a 5.56mm bore can, I don't see why you couldn't.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I already have an m4-2000; how good or bad would this be at suppressing the MKE AP5?

I assume I'd have to find some kind of muzzle device to accept the m4-2000 on the AP5 threads.
View Quote

9mm is bigger than 5.56mm
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ummmm

Damn good option. Can’t wait for the video
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't that a 5.56 suppressor?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

See what happens when ideas pop up here?
View Quote

Yeah it costs money lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

.355 > .223
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Just bought a ZF -5. Awesome price under $1800 after add to cart! $1829 shipped

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/zenith-zf-5-9mm-8.9-3-30rd-mags-blk#product_detail
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just bought a ZF -5. Awesome price under $1800 after add to cart! $1829 shipped

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/zenith-zf-5-9mm-8.9-3-30rd-mags-blk#product_detail
View Quote

MKE Still a better deal imho For 7 hundred bucks less
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
If you know the model number you can use gun deals to search.
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/787450829596

That said, if you are looking locally you can search dealers through century's website and track down who may have the better pricing locally if want to avoid shipping fees and transfer fees. For example, in NC Bratz Tactical seems to have the better pricing in the state depending on the model compared to having one shipped, but that's a heck drive for me:
https://www.bratztactical.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/ap5-m-one-9mm-blk-45-bracecahg6036ab-n
https://www.bratztactical.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/ap5-m-one-9mm-blk-45-301cahg6036a-n
https://www.bratztactical.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/ap5-p-one-9mm-blk-575-301cahg6035a-n
https://www.bratztactical.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/ap5-one-pist-9mm-blk-89-301cahg6034a-n
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure you get it by now.
But grab a 223/556 round and a 9mm round and you'll see the problem with trying to run 9mm through your m4-2000
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't have one.

Luckily, my son does.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought some AC unity mags (30&40 round) before my state’s mag ban. Will these AP5 models feed these mags ok?  This thread has got me aroused.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These different rails look interesting but I  notice most of them cowitness with the sights.

Any of them on risers with see-through under the mount?

I’ve always found HK sights to be a bit busy.

Back in the day when we had century Cetmes we used UTG cheap mounts, and they held up fine on 762.

Didn’t really want to scope that old Cetme, but with the century canted sights it was easier than cutting off the rear site and re-welding it or torquing the barrel
View Quote

Can verify that the ultra low profile pic mounts like the one from MFI or B&T plus a scalarworks mount with T2 allows you to see the irons under the optic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone running a rugged obsidian on their fullsize? Was thinking it or OSS RAD9
View Quote

@Jm11513

Not a full size, but the obsidian works fabulous on my K.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Sweet, i would thank you, but my wallet doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Very
Expensive
Thread
Attachment Attached File

MI rail went right on easy, feels solid to me. Can still use irons.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been wanting one of these and finally made the purchase. Should be at my FFL tomorrow, I'm excited. I'e wanted one for so long and I just couldn't pass this up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine shows up tomorrow as well, I may get a full size today coming also. *sigh*
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Mine will be damn near identical, except a different light and red dot.

I'm glad to hear about the obsidian. I expect to get it out of jail in the next month or so.

ETA: Any issue with the sight post light rail and the the obsidian? @astrapat
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

.355 > .223
View Quote

shit even my 308 can aint big enough.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

how long are we waiting here?  I ordered on Aug 3rd and I haven't seen any shipping information. - from atlantic.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

how long are we waiting here?  I ordered on Aug 3rd and I haven't seen any shipping information. - from atlantic.
View Quote

I ordered 8/1 and its out for delivery as week speak.

Did you register for email updates? I received a tracking email on 8/4.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Some guy on here has a full-size mp5 with a custom k looking fore end and an RMR in place of rear site - it also has a full-size stock. It looks magnificent

ETA: I think his name is @mp03
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Mine will be damn near identical, except a different light and red dot.

I'm glad to hear about the obsidian. I expect to get it out of jail in the next month or so.

ETA: Any issue with the sight post light rail and the the obsidian? @astrapat
View Quote

You’ll have to remove the forward tang and do some slight contouring after removal. 10min job and rail is still very solid when mounted.

@Undaunted

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I ordered 8/1 and its out for delivery as week speak.

Did you register for email updates? I received a tracking email on 8/4.
View Quote

sure did, gave 'em a call; guy sounded confused as to why it didn't go out and told me he'd call me back.  I'll be calling back in an hour if I don't hear anything.  nothing's easy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Other than the slight issue of pushing a 9mm bullet through a 5.56mm bore can, I don't see why you couldn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Thanks for those pics!

And don't underestimate my ability to screw it up!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

sure did, gave 'em a call; guy sounded confused as to why it didn't go out and told me he'd call me back.  I'll be calling back in an hour if I don't hear anything.  nothing's easy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here's the email Atlantic sends out.  It states 4-5 business days to ship (I'm still waiting impatiently for mine to ship ordered Friday).

We received your order placed today and wanted to take a moment to say Thank You !  Due to the huge influx of orders and Covid 19 workplace restrictions orders may take up to 4- 5 Business days to ship out once placed & all necessary info sent to our office. We strive to get orders out quicker when possible and we will email you with shipping and tracking info once your order has shipped. If you have any questions please feel free to email us and thanks once again for your order.

Are they shipping these handguns 1 or 2 day air?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bout a week for mine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone measured the bolt gap on their MKE AP5?

Mine came in at .014, debating on whether or not I want to go ahead and stamp it or just run a brace for a while and see if it shrinks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Here's the email Atlantic sends out.  It states 4-5 business days to ship (I'm still waiting impatiently for mine to ship ordered Friday).

Are they shipping these handguns 1 or 2 day air?
View Quote

Covid is over; just tell us that you're slow.  Yeah they forgot about mine in some way shape or form since I got an update that said it was released for shipping.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let us know how it goes, I’m thinking about buying a Wolfman but if my Sandman will work I’ll just use that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

@FilthyCasual

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I bought some AC unity mags (30&40 round) before my state’s mag ban. Will these AP5 models feed these mags ok?  This thread has got me aroused.
View Quote

Absolutely. The AC unity mags have a little pad on the front of the magazine where it goes inside the mag well.  That pad can be sanded down so that the magazines fit your gun tightly.  So unmodified those magazines will generally be pretty tight in most guns until you adjust that pad down until it locks up perfectly. I’ve never had an issue with those but I primarily use my metal HK and metal POF mags
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Absolutely. The AC unity mags have a little pad on the front of the magazine where it goes inside the mag well.  That pad can be sanded down so that the magazines fit your gun tightly.  So unmodified those magazines will generally be pretty tight in most guns until you adjust that pad down until it locks up perfectly. I’ve never had an issue with those but I primarily use my metal HK and metal POF mags
View Quote

Cool. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Can’t pass these prices, I ordered a K this morning.

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Some guy on here has a full-size mp5 with a custom k looking fore end and an RMR in place of rear site - it also has a full-size stock. It looks magnificent

ETA: I think his name is @mp03
View Quote

@razzman has a set-up like that on his SP5 for competition.

I think since this pic he's chopped the hood on the front sight.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I am very surprised that magpul has not been making magazines yet for these.  $60 a mag is too much; magpul could be putting their own brand out for 1/2 the price point.

tri-rails for these?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm sure you get it by now.
But grab a 223/556 round and a 9mm round and you'll see the problem with trying to run 9mm through your m4-2000
View Quote

Not if you look at the bases.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am very surprised that magpul has not been making magazines yet for these.  $60 a mag is too much; magpul could be putting their own brand out for 1/2 the price point.

tri-rails for these?

View Quote
Magpul has stated in the past that they're not confident there's enough meat to the feed lips and wall thickness to make a robust enough double feed MP5 mag from their polymer design.  Their new drum mag uses a single-column feed so it can overcome this.

That said, several other companies are making polymer double feed mags now and there's not too much rumbling out there about them being all bad, but it's also a smaller market segment than the AR world.

As for rails, if you want picatinny then there's the KAC and the Surefire rails, pricey and harder to get.  B&T makes a fore end with rails as well.

For lower profile with MLok, Midwest Industries, PTR, and a couple others all make something there, I like the MI one the best.  These are usually a lot easier to get a hold of.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#42]
New desk gun has arrived, lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Gathering the parts as I wait.
One of the (two) braces that I purchased for this project already showed up - so it pleases me to let the reading public know here that at least this company here is extremely serious about their business - the brace you see on top of the picture (which has been shown around in this thread already) is not necessarily super expensive - though it does come in incomplete format (in the sense that, it's a tailhook brace, it needs another bit to be completed, which is the actual tailhook that has been around for a while and looks very good and it's very functional - very sturdy piece of polymer as well - not pictured here as I didn't receive it just yet - I purchased the now out of stock Tailhook MOD1C, the compact one, which looks way better on an MP5 build than the larger, common Tailhook Mod1).

This brace is a KES MP5 pattern  which comes at USD280 without the above mentioned tailhook piece (for an additional USD140). Definitely pricey - but I do like it way better than any SB tactical option at this point.

Many of us are waiting on their shipping so I like to keep this thread updated as I anticipate receiving a firearm pattern I've wanted since I was a kid

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I just realized I need a quick detach for the sd brace.

Is there a 2 point out there with a clip for the sight post, but a qd for the brace?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I ordered my standard size AP5 from Atlantic on July 29th, still have not received an email saying it is shipped. This thread really got me worked up to get a gun I have wanted for 30+ years.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just realized I need a quick detach for the sd brace.

Is there a 2 point out there with a clip for the sight post, but a qd for the brace?
View Quote
A lot of slings out there have open ends that allow the user to add their hardware of choice.

Here's a great company that makes an excellent 2-point.  They come without attachment hardware, but they also sell QD swivels and HK hooks, you could get one of each and just put it together yourself.

https://www.citizengearco.com/shop/the-stark-sling/2

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A lot of slings out there have open ends that allow the user to add their hardware of choice.

Here's a great company that makes an excellent 2-point.  They come without attachment hardware, but they also sell QD swivels and HK hooks, you could get one of each and just put it together yourself.

https://www.citizengearco.com/shop/the-stark-sling/2

View Quote

Thanks. I was about to click, but notice they have a 2 month lead time. I've never been accused of being patient.

Eta: I'm just going to grab a qd swivel and work with clips.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Not to hijack, but I want to know more about that 3rd gen SW.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks. I was about to click, but notice they have a 2 month lead time. I've never been accused of being patient.
View Quote
Ha, true, they're a small outfit.

The Magpul MS1 comes without hardware on the ends that you can add yourself, as do some of the Vicker's slings I believe.  But either way they're lots of options out there that let you add your own attachment hardware.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not to hijack, but I want to know more about that 3rd gen SW.
View Quote

It's a 5906 with adjustable rear site. My first auto, and one of two handguns I purchased when I turned 21 years old. The other was a 7.5", stainless Super Redhawk in .44 mag.

I'm largely a glock and AR shooter, but still have a strong affection for my first loves.

I'm an office guy most days, so the smith has desk duty. While its still a pleasure to shoot, the weight and lack of a weapon light dissuaded me from keeping it as a carry gun.

@fishkepr
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top