User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate you guys
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
HK factory mags are $61.59 at Primary Arms with the code SAVE12.
HK Magazines

They run this same sale and discount code every other week it seems so if you don’t get it today don’t sweat it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK Magazines

They run this same sale and discount code every other week it seems so if you don’t get it today don’t sweat it.
View Quote

5 minutes after I bought 4!

What's the go-to mag clamp/coupler? The one that doesn't start with "HK".
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yes

ETA: make sure to set it up for peak operational operations

https://distortion.io/i/5BdjJW.jpg
View Quote

So retro it hurts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It's the tits.

How are you liking that brace o' yours?

That's what I chose for my AP5 (standard) - with the Mod1C
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Atlantic is OOS on the AP5-P Core
Finally was able to pick up my full size yesterday and it has me wanting to order the little brother even more
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's the tits.

How are you liking that brace o' yours?

That's what I chose for my AP5 (standard) - with the Mod1C
View Quote

Hey Solo.  The KES/Mod1c brace combo is the cat’s pajamas!  It deploys and retracts with ease.  I also have this combo on my AP5. I haven’t taken the little fella to the range, yet. Looking forward to it this weekend.

Will file F1 in a few days. Already have the KES stock and the A3 Tactical vertical grip (at a different location), of course .
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hey Solo.  The KES/Mod1c brace combo is the cat's pajamas!  It deploys and retracts with ease.  I also have this combo on my AP5. I haven't taken the little fella to the range, yet. Looking forward to it this weekend.

Will file F1 in a few days. Already have the KES stock and the A3 Tactical vertical grip (at a different location), of course .
View Quote
Thanks for the info bruh - DO want the KES stock as well (If I got this right, we just "swap "the rear ending tail hook adapter and the hook itself and we install the shoulder thing and that's a stock; Will shot mine when I pick her up and SEE if the tax stamp is justified for her in my case) . It's tempting
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info bruh - DO want the KES stock as well (If I got this right, we just "swap "the rear ending tail hook adapter and the hook itself and we install the shoulder thing and that's a stock; Will shot mine when I pick her up and SEE if the tax stamp is justified for her in my case) . It's tempting
View Quote

They sell a butt plate ($25) for the Tailhook Mod1c. Of course, It converts it to a stock. It’s actually very nice. I have one (at a different location, of course.).

The KES stock assembly comprises of the butt plate attached to the forks. It’s installs in about a minute.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Friday apparently.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I found the best looking mp5 ever. Someone posted here. Can't recall who.

check the rear site

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yes

ETA: make sure to set it up for peak operational operations

https://distortion.io/i/5BdjJW.jpg
View Quote

Looks like the stock that was on my first m249
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you ARFcom for pointing me to a $1200 HKMP5 clone that somehow turned into a $2500 MP5 clone after I added the brace, the RDS, the binary, the Pic mount, and 3 more magazines!

I did sell my $1700 Scorpion with all the similar doodads to finance it!

BTW, anyone had issues with binary not doing the binary mode out of the box - had to play with the height adjustment screw and still to just pass the dry fire check - will test this weekendAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you ARFcom for pointing me to a $1200 HKMP5 clone that somehow turned into a $2500 MP5 clone after I added the brace, the RDS, the binary, the Pic mount, and 3 more magazines!

BTW, anyone had issues with binary not doing the binary mode out of the box - had to play with the height adjustment screw and still to just pass the dry fire check - will test this weekendhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277406/20220810_090707_jpg-2483764.JPG
View Quote
Brilliant - looks awesome.

What binary trigger did you go with (is there more than the Franklin) - where?

I want.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HK Magazines

View Quote

For me, Lanbo's were still cheaper, as they didn't charge me tax.  And the shipping was cheaper at a flat $10.

MAG HK SP5K 9MM 30RD BLK  $65.04

I got all my mags & accessories showing-up today.  Now if Atlantic would just ship already.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Update: still no sign of shipping the actual firearm from Atlantic - but the accessories are still flowing in.

B&T Brace  - with additional (necessary) Tailhook Mod1C (pictured above).

Shown, for reference, with previously received KES brace (below - also with its own Tailhook Mod1C).

Both simply amazing pieces of hardware - keep in mind there's no plastic in either. It's all metal, everywhere.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I want.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, anyone had issues with binary not doing the binary mode out of the box - had to play with the height adjustment screw and still to just pass the dry fire check - will test this weekendhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277406/20220810_090707_jpg-2483764.JPG

I want.

I went with Franklin as it was what  I had in my scorpion...

BTW, here is a compare of them in similar picsas I put them on the screens of my PC :)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Update: still no sign of shipping the actual firearm from Atlantic - but the accessories are still flowing in.

B&T Brace  - with additional (necessary) Tailhook Mod1C (pictured above).

Shown, for reference, with previously received KES brace (below - also with its own Tailhook Mod1C).

Both simply amazing pieces of hardware - keep in mind there's no plastic in either. It's all metal, everywhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326068/small_jpg-2484011.JPG
View Quote
Where did you find Tailhook Mod1C???

I want one!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Where did you find Tailhook Mod1C???

I want one!
View Quote
Truth is: one I already had it (for an AKS74u that I used to run with that brace type until I got an SB tactical triangle) and the other one I got on Gunbroker the other day at a 'premium price' (50 bucks over the usual MSRP of USD150).

I chose the least expensive one on Gunbroker - some are going for USD300 and above... until they come out with the next batch which is somewhere now in August (I read)

ETA Samal, your weapons, pictures - beauty!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#21]
How does this TPM trip lever work/function with registered sears?

Is there a pic of this?

I don't need an HK33K clone. But, I might want to buy one now.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Is this the correct trigger housing to go with the full size model?

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-sef-navy-style-polymer-housing-push-pin-p2462.htm/
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-sef-navy-style-polymer-housing-push-pin-p2462.htm/
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote
... is this one the one that requires modification OR will it just pop in, no questions asked?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
... is this one the one that requires modification OR will it just pop in, no questions asked?
View Quote
Drop right in.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

And if you're handy, you can cut down one of these and save $100.  I just received the two I ordered and they are in excellent condition (and were only $9 before they went up to $25).

HK G3, 91, PTR – SEF Push Pin – Navy Style Housing – Good Shape
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Nobody needs a 9 mm pistol much less a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Drop right in.
View Quote
Well - fuck it, another USD140 down the throat of this project.

Fuck this thread

(Kidding - thanks @D_Man!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I and the other members that have filled 9 pages shall reflect on your wisdom.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 9mm AR on a shitload of steel targets is some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

This will be no different, possibly even better.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And if you're handy, you can cut down one of these and save $100.  I just received the two I ordered and they are in excellent condition (and were only $9 before they went up to $25).

View Quote

Nice... just bought one and I'm handy enough I can cut one of those down
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. We should only own guns that we need.
I take it you only have a 10/22 and a .38

This fukin place sometimes...
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Dbl
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because we can. Just bought an AP5-P
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

What all is involved with cutting it down?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I went...

Bought a full size Ap5!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn you all! Another $300 spent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What all is involved with cutting it down?
View Quote
The G3/HK91 trigger housings have those two pin holes on the rear to pin it to the receiver and stock.  MP5's just have the one.

Basically, you just need to cut off the rear hole of that metal bracket and profile it to be short enough to match up with the end of the MP5 receiver.  The remaining hole can be left intact, or you can trim down the top/rear edge like a lot of them have.  That's it, and when it's done the modified area is unseen under the stock or endcap, so it's pretty clean.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Picked my FF AP5 on Monday, absolutely love it!

Broke it down, cleaned and lubed it, installed the brace and diddled it for a few... hours. Taking it to the range Friday after work.

Costs are starting to add up, but honestly I'm in it for what feels like half of last years price.

$1229 delivered
$20 transfer
$41 30 rd KCI mag
$100 2 pk MKE mags

Still need to order a magpul handguard, sight base, mag coupler and maybe 2 HK mags. I haven't decided if I'm going to form 1 and order the KES stock, or keep it a pistol and order the KES brace and a tailhook. I have the SB on it right now and while it works, doesn't give the look I've always wanted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread drove me to pick one up as well. Got the full size AP5 for 1100$ also went ahead and ordered 500 rounds for it. Think I got one of the last ones that cheap, makes me want to get the AP5-P aw well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Ha! Good thing I found this thread late because I bought one earlier!
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:26:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Buy a real HK.  Many of the clone are either cosmetically deficient or mechanically not competent.

The POF guns especially have issues.
View Quote

No they don't. Stop parroting things you've read online without actual experience in clones.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#43]
My ptr runs great with a Franklin trigger
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No they don't. Stop parroting things you've read online without actual experience in clones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy a real HK.  Many of the clone are either cosmetically deficient or mechanically not competent.

The POF guns especially have issues.

I think I will be able to make a fair comparison soon. I already have an SP5 and have been wanting a SP5K-PDW but they are pretty hard to find for anything less than full ass rape prices. The MKE's, by all accounts are the closest thing out there to an actual HK made MP5. At 1/3 the price of an HK SP5, it was a no brainer for me to go with the MKE for my K gun.

My AP5-P should be here tomorrow but my son already has an AP5 and AP5-P that I was able to check out side by side with my SP5. The differences between them are pretty minor and other than its not a "real deal HK", there is little to fault the MKE with. My only minor complaint is I wish it came with an ambi trigger group but when you factor in the price difference, I think it would be extremely hard for any rational person to logically argue that the HK is worth 3x as much $
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

you know what, this guy is right.  I'll cancel my order, refuse the gun from my ffl and send it back.  

HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUY IS RIGHT, SEND YOUR MKE's BACK!  DISARM YOURSELVES QUICKLY!
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Now I want a Franklin, binary trigger (PS my order at Atlantic has had label created - shipping today - it's happening)

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think I will be able to make a fair comparison soon. I already have an SP5 and have been wanting a SP5K-PDW but they are pretty hard to find for anything less than full ass rape prices. The MKE's, by all accounts are the closest thing out there to an actual HK made MP5. At 1/3 the price of an HK SP5, it was a no brainer for me to go with the MKE for my K gun.

My AP5-P should be here tomorrow but my son already has an AP5 and AP5-P that I was able to check out side by side with my SP5. The differences between them are pretty minor and other than its not a "real deal HK", there is little to fault the MKE with. My only minor complaint is I wish it came with an ambi trigger group but when you factor in the price difference, I think it would be extremely hard for any rational person to logically argue that the HK is worth 3x as much $
View Quote

they just jelly they left $2k on the table for the HK tax, you're giving them a much kinder trial.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Now I want a Franklin, binary trigger (PS my order at Atlantic has had label created - shipping today - it's happening)

View Quote

The cheapest I found was Grabagun using their "Grab a Quote".  I think it's $525.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The cheapest I found was Grabagun using their "Grab a Quote".  I think it's $525.
View Quote
(Thanks!)
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#50]
What's the consensus on the mount and sight for absolute co-witness, if it's possible?
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top