Site Notices
Page / 139
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe sedentary isn't quite the right word.

We hang out at the house most of the time. The wife and I do go for walks when it's nice outside. Having a dog again would at least push me to not make excuses for not walking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife said an Aussie was a hard no from her

I keep telling you: Ridgeback, although Canaan Dog would work well. But it might be too close to Valentine’s appearance for her.

Canaan says they don't like a sedentary lifestyle.

We're homebodies.

If you’re truly pretty sedentary, that changes a few things. And pretty much eliminates most of the herding breeds entirely.

We hang out at the house most of the time. The wife and I do go for walks when it's nice outside. Having a dog again would at least push me to not make excuses for not walking.

A lot of the sighthounds can work well with that. A corgi or basset hound would be fine. Some of the long and low terriers could be fine. Or you could go to the other end of the spectrum and look at Bullmastiffs, Leonbergers, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, and other large and lazy types.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm helping. I'm very helpful. The most helpful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why we keep you around.

I'm helping. I'm very helpful. The most helpful.

Are you channeling the prezzydent?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wrong.

I should just be able to do whatever the fuck I want to with my property.

I should also be able to order a Dillon Minigun out of the Sears catalog as God intended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how it SHOULD be

Wrong.

I should also be able to order a Dillon Minigun out of the Sears catalog as God intended.

Not going to disagree in the least.

I want a fully armed and operational aircraft carrier.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another month without my GODDAMN CANS.

They are gonna be banned like the day before I get approved. I fucking know it.
View Quote

Where you at? I'm at 332 days on my Ghost 45 and that was after like a 300 day wait while they built the damn thing
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Statewide shelter in place here.

Thanks, Karens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gubernor issued a statewide lockdown starting Friday at 5

Statewide shelter in place here.

Thanks, Karens.

We're effectively in that, just not official so cops can't pull you over asking for papers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Embed a shard of ceramic in the balls and maybe one will connect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to load up my paintball gun for the one hoodrat that drives past the house with the subs up to 11.  Fuckers need to change their drug delivery route between Newark and Geneva.

Embed a shard of ceramic in the balls and maybe one will connect.

Pepperballs, even better.  Thru the open window, make 'em choke.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A lot of the sighthounds can work well with that. A corgi or basset hound would be fine. Some of the long and low terriers could be fine. Or you could go to the other end of the spectrum and look at Bullmastiffs, Leonbergers, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, and other large and lazy types.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep telling you: Ridgeback, although Canaan Dog would work well. But it might be too close to Valentine’s appearance for her.

We're homebodies.

If you’re truly pretty sedentary, that changes a few things. And pretty much eliminates most of the herding breeds entirely.

Wife wants a GSD.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Friend of mine thinks she might have it, not tested.  But she's healthy and it won't be worse than the flu.  She's a farmer, and routinely helps out the local Mennonites.  Brought someone to the hospital a couple weeks ago, thinks that might have exposed her.

But, does anyone actually know anyone personally that has died from this?  Not a "report of" or gov't numbers.
View Quote

Nope.

I'm pretty damn sure I had it in late December. Never felt so shitty in my life. High fever, never ending cough, felt like I got ran over by a train 87 times....

Took 2 or 3 weeks to finally get my lungs cleared out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is Karen's car still there?
View Quote

Nah..She gone.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Swissies are awesome. So are Bernese.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I love seeing family fb posts about how everyone with degrees are non essential and how stupid these checks are and if anyone accepts it they should be deported and shit like that.

Like 2 hours later he wants daddy gov to give his unemployed/divorced daughter and her kid more money. Whatever they get isn’t enough.

Nobody will point out the irony to him.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Eh.

I think a wall built out of the bodies of your enemies has a certain psychological effect on invaders.
View Quote

Well..They ARE the enemy anyhow...So, Yes?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shutting down campgrounds and parks is the most retarded thing ever.  Other than in your own house, they're some of the safest places to be.  Bring your own shit, hang out just with immediate family (just like at home), take your shit home with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The state just shut down all of our state parks.  Because we sure wouldn't want people doing things outdoors, away from other people. Like camping and hiking.

Shutting down campgrounds and parks is the most retarded thing ever.  Other than in your own house, they're some of the safest places to be.  Bring your own shit, hang out just with immediate family (just like at home), take your shit home with you.
Yep.  It's just feel good bullshit to make the public think they're doing something.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can we just nuke Newark?? Elizabeth, Camden, and Trenton too...

Please and thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to load up my paintball gun for the one hoodrat that drives past the house with the subs up to 11.  Fuckers need to change their drug delivery route between Newark and Geneva.

Can we just nuke Newark?? Elizabeth, Camden, and Trenton too...

Please and thank you.

Newark NY is a small village, Newark NJ is a larger shithole.  I have no problems going to Newark NY, we're there all the time.  It's more of a drug distribution point for other areas, like Geneva, which is trying to be a little Rochester with their gangs.  Most of Geneva is fine, though.  They know not to stop in my town, they only drive thru.  When I hear gunshots, I just get jealous of the people that own 20 acres behind me.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A mastiff is about 5x larger than what I have in mind.

I like the 40 - 60 lb sized doggies. Small enough they don't eat you out of house and home, and big enough burglars won't fuck with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Quite frankly, I want our last dog. She would lay around the house, and then she would hear a leaf fall in the backyard and she would race out there barking her fool head off to keep her pack safe.

Sounds like you need an English Mastiff.

They were bred to do exactly what you describe. Lay around and then sound the alarm when "threats" appeared.

"A mouse farted 3 miles away! Come fix it! Now now now!"

A mastiff is about 5x larger than what I have in mind.

I like the 40 - 60 lb sized doggies. Small enough they don't eat you out of house and home, and big enough burglars won't fuck with them.

A keeshond could work if you don’t mind shedding
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Eh.

I think a wall built out of the bodies of your enemies has a certain psychological effect on invaders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would cause too much unemployment, which is bad.

Repurpose those fuckers somewhere else...

Don't we need ditch diggers at the wall construction sites?

Eh.

if I'm not going to get any goddamn zombies out of this crisis I should at least be able to get some drinking vessels made from the skulls of my enemies.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How about we just eliminate the ATF, the NFA, and all gun control laws??

Let shit sort itself out.

Yeah..there may be blood in the streets for a few weeks...

But society will be a better place afterwards.

It's for the children.
View Quote

Reducing burdensome government has only been tried once, and it was successful.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with my mother..."yeah we're trying to keep away from everyone, well except when I went over to my neighbors, and the day before when some friends came over" ... Mom, if you get this dad will get this and he definitely would die ... "Yeah that would be bad so we're being real careful, anyways I gotta get off the phone, my church meeting starts soon, bye!"

View Quote

I know these feels.

Up until last week, my grandparents were still wanting to get their own groceries. Mind you, both of them have beat cancer, are in their later seventies, and my grandmother is missing part of a lung. It took both of my RT parents, my paramedic uncle, and a lengthy video call for them to agree that we, the family they have, can drop off groceries on their back patio and wipe stuff down with Lysol wipes before we leave

Next trip, I'm taking puzzles for my grandmother and models for my grandfather. Give them something to keep them busy, yanno?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wife wants a GSD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're homebodies.

Wife wants a GSD.

That’s exactly opposite of what you’ve described.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not going to disagree in the least.

I want a fully armed and operational aircraft carrier.
View Quote

I'm going to have to decline that one...

The maintenance and refueling on that is going to be killer....

I would, however, take a F-16 for a rip....

Group Buy
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope.

I'm pretty damn sure I had it in late December. Never felt so shitty in my life. High fever, never ending cough, felt like I got ran over by a train 87 times....

View Quote
I'm pretty sure my wife had it late last year also. They told her it was the flu, but they didn't actually run a test. She had a nasty cough in her chest, high fever, and she lost her sense of smell and taste.  She was down for about 2 weeks, and still has a lingering cough.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Where you at? I'm at 332 days on my Ghost 45 and that was after like a 300 day wait while they built the damn thing
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friend of mine thinks she might have it, not tested.  But she's healthy and it won't be worse than the flu.  She's a farmer, and routinely helps out the local Mennonites.  Brought someone to the hospital a couple weeks ago, thinks that might have exposed her.

But, does anyone actually know anyone personally that has died from this?  Not a "report of" or gov't numbers.

Nope.

So no worse than living in government housing, and then moving out after a few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also worked great on this zinga.

Butt no zongas

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191040/20134227_17_600_799_jpg-1345730.JPG

Good God yes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wrong.

View Quote

Sears catalog? Ok boomer baby yoda ass clapper.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Eh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would cause too much unemployment, which is bad.

Repurpose those fuckers somewhere else...

Don't we need ditch diggers at the wall construction sites?

Eh.

Smells though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Generations of Americans have led very charmed lives.  We’re spoiled and ignorant about some of the harsh realities other people lived in not even a century ago and which some today still do.
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can account for quite a few dead folks. As can my in-laws, who are morticians down in Albany.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/329536/EBD0F9DE-9A89-49D0-9E73-36908E567F81_jpe-1346570.JPG

6 months? Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Wow. That's kinda awesome.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#33]
My dad's still going to work.  He only works part time, in the mornings.  Does copier/multi-function/printer tech work.  He's 73.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#34]

That's, like, inspirational and junk.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/329536/EBD0F9DE-9A89-49D0-9E73-36908E567F81_jpe-1346570.JPG
I would like a pistol can, mainly just to run on a 9mm upper. But these wait times are bullshit.  I think I am done with NFA stuff and will just be content with what I already have unless something changes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Swissies a lot. The cancer rates in Berners scare me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can account for quite a few dead folks. As can my in-laws, who are morticians down in Albany.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Direct result of bad beer?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Where the big titty bitches at?
View Quote

Yonder *points*
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like Swissies a lot. The cancer rates in Berners scare me.
View Quote

Concur. Before I got my mastiff, I looked into bernese pretty heavily. Their short life spans and health issues turned me away. I started looking into swissies as an alternate when my Monroe popped up on the rescue site.

Now I'm all mastiff all the time.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Shooting 3 inch shells out of it will expand the gas porting chamber and will cause ejection problems with all 2 3/4 shells from now on. I bought 2 very nice clean 1100’s that had been done that way and took forever to figure out the problem.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure my wife had it late last year also. They told her it was the flu, but they didn't actually run a test. She had a nasty cough in her chest, high fever, and she lost her sense of smell and taste.  She was down for about 2 weeks, and still has a lingering cough.
View Quote

I tested negative for the flu. They called it a respiratory infection....
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, fuck. Did a 20 hour shift yesterday through this morning and I thought I was going to get to relax at home tonight.  Nope. Working another night shift tonight.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214090/20200401_201500_jpg-1346074.JPG
View Quote

Fuck
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Any cerakoters out there doing some quarantine discounts?

*not oly kote*
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got my super essential paperwork today. So no I can cross state lines.
View Quote

Yay
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Speaking of...

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

100% direct result. We’re seeing about a 25-30% death rate in confirmed positives who are sick enough to be hospitalized.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, because mechanical systems exist outside of friction
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Went for a ride last night and about 30 minutes after I got home, I heard a shit load of police sirens. A thread popped up on the neighborhood Facebook page wondering what was going on.

High speed chase with a guy on a red sportbike.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271514/Monkey-Puppet_2-1346496.jpg
View Quote

Whoops
Page / 139
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top