BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 139
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The one in my neighborhood got caught. Charged with 12 felonies.
View Quote

Well shit
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One of my coworkers came in today and dropped that she found out she was like 25 weeks preggers.
Everyone had been talking about how she was losing weight. Guess it was just moving around.

Big oof.
View Quote

Oh my
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#3]
When marketing goes wrong
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The state just shut down all of our state parks.  Because we sure wouldn't want people doing things outdoors, away from other people. Like camping and hiking.
View Quote

Right? Everywhere I would hike to get away from people, closed
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Concur. Before I got my mastiff, I looked into bernese pretty heavily. Their short life spans and health issues turned me away. I started looking into swissies as an alternate when my Monroe popped up on the rescue site.

Now I'm all mastiff all the time.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271514/Mastiff-MP-1092346.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Swissies a lot. The cancer rates in Berners scare me.

Concur. Before I got my mastiff, I looked into bernese pretty heavily. Their short life spans and health issues turned me away. I started looking into swissies as an alternate when my Monroe popped up on the rescue site.

Now I'm all mastiff all the time.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271514/Mastiff-MP-1092346.jpg

Pictured: 6 ton per day poop generators under construction.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sears catalog? Ok boomer baby yoda ass clapper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
They have us mowing
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

100% direct result. We’re seeing about a 25-30% death rate in confirmed positives who are sick enough to be hospitalized.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Friend of mine thinks she might have it, not tested.  But she's healthy and it won't be worse than the flu.  She's a farmer, and routinely helps out the local Mennonites.  Brought someone to the hospital a couple weeks ago, thinks that might have exposed her.

But, does anyone actually know anyone personally that has died from this?  Not a "report of" or gov't numbers.

I can account for quite a few dead folks. As can my in-laws, who are morticians down in Albany.

Direct result of bad beer?  

100% direct result. We’re seeing about a 25-30% death rate in confirmed positives who are sick enough to be hospitalized.

Christ almighty...
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Even if nobody is gonna use it, gotta be able to see the equipment.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know these feels.

Up until last week, my grandparents were still wanting to get their own groceries. Mind you, both of them have beat cancer, are in their later seventies, and my grandmother is missing part of a lung. It took both of my RT parents, my paramedic uncle, and a lengthy video call for them to agree that we, the family they have, can drop off groceries on their back patio and wipe stuff down with Lysol wipes before we leave

Next trip, I'm taking puzzles for my grandmother and models for my grandfather. Give them something to keep them busy, yanno?
View Quote

Yep.
My gma keeps making stops by her friends houses and finally we grounded her. We agreed that she sends me a list and I drop it off. If she wants to get out of the house she can drive around but NOT stop anywhere. If she wants to walk down to the post office that’s fine. She’s going fucking nuts but has a ton of puzzles of different types to keep her occupied,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#11]
SD, how full of shit do you think the Chinese numbers are, from a professional standpoint?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep.
My gma keeps making stops by her friends houses and finally we grounded her. We agreed that she sends me a list and I drop it off. If she wants to get out of the house she can drive around but NOT stop anywhere. If she wants to walk down to the post office that’s fine. She’s going fucking nuts but has a ton of puzzles of different types to keep her occupied,

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/329536/2102BC3D-C78E-45B5-98F6-A5A3A8527C24_jpe-1346594.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know these feels.

Up until last week, my grandparents were still wanting to get their own groceries. Mind you, both of them have beat cancer, are in their later seventies, and my grandmother is missing part of a lung. It took both of my RT parents, my paramedic uncle, and a lengthy video call for them to agree that we, the family they have, can drop off groceries on their back patio and wipe stuff down with Lysol wipes before we leave

Next trip, I'm taking puzzles for my grandmother and models for my grandfather. Give them something to keep them busy, yanno?

Yep.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/329536/2102BC3D-C78E-45B5-98F6-A5A3A8527C24_jpe-1346594.JPG

I have a grandma car
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SD, how full of shit do you think the Chinese numbers are, from a professional standpoint?
View Quote

Multiply what they're saying by 87
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know these feels.

Yep.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

100% direct result. We're seeing about a 25-30% death rate in confirmed positives who are sick enough to be hospitalized.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Friend of mine thinks she might have it, not tested.  But she's healthy and it won't be worse than the flu.  She's a farmer, and routinely helps out the local Mennonites.  Brought someone to the hospital a couple weeks ago, thinks that might have exposed her.

But, does anyone actually know anyone personally that has died from this?  Not a "report of" or gov't numbers.

I can account for quite a few dead folks. As can my in-laws, who are morticians down in Albany.

100% direct result. We're seeing about a 25-30% death rate in confirmed positives who are sick enough to be hospitalized.

The stats I'm curious about is what other ailments they had that helped it along.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep.
My gma keeps making stops by her friends houses and finally we grounded her. We agreed that she sends me a list and I drop it off. If she wants to get out of the house she can drive around but NOT stop anywhere. If she wants to walk down to the post office that's fine. She's going fucking nuts but has a ton of puzzles of different types to keep her occupied,

View Quote

Buy her a membership here.  She'll never leave the house.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#17]
3300 deaths in China vs 5100 deaths in the US, yeah I fucking bet that's real accurate.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have a grandma car
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know these feels.

Yep.
My gma keeps making stops by her friends houses and finally we grounded her. We agreed that she sends me a list and I drop it off. If she wants to get out of the house she can drive around but NOT stop anywhere. If she wants to walk down to the post office that's fine. She's going fucking nuts but has a ton of puzzles of different types to keep her occupied,

I have a grandma car

Is yours a "sport"?  If not, you better get those big-ass sunglasses.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
3300 deaths in China vs 5100 deaths in the US, yeah I fucking bet that's real accurate.
View Quote

If I've learned anything about government numbers, it's not to trust government numbers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems legit. It's just crazy that the first person to person transmissions were in December, and we actually believed them until late January and early February.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

And only 80k cases with an epicenter of a city of over 11m people? Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#22]
When things weren't so stupid outside...

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

You know you have my phone # right?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t trust anything China has to say. As such, I don’t pay attention to their numbers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure my wife had it late last year also. They told her it was the flu, but they didn't actually run a test. She had a nasty cough in her chest, high fever, and she lost her sense of smell and taste.  She was down for about 2 weeks, and still has a lingering cough.
View Quote

I had something similar at the beginning of Feb but I was never running a fever. Lost my voice and all taste and smell. Bad cough and sinus pressure and drainage.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The stats I'm curious about is what other ailments they had that helped it along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone under about the age of 55 usually has significant underlying conditions. Those over 55 may not have any, but often have things like diabetes, copd, heart issues, etc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. I do.

That was the last ride I took in NJ/NY/PA before I moved to FL.

Showed up at the Ex's house at 7:00AM and collected my Kiddo. Ex was less than pleased...LOL.

Took kiddo for a nice day long scoot around the 3 states. Went up through High Point, NJ, through Port Jervis and Hawks Nest. Then down through PA. Then back home by 9PM that night.

Twas an AWESOME day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We're effectively in that, just not official so cops can't pull you over asking for papers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gubernor issued a statewide lockdown starting Friday at 5

Statewide shelter in place here.

Thanks, Karens.

We're effectively in that, just not official so cops can't pull you over asking for papers.

We have so many exceptions in the ruling that they couldn't really do anything any way.

Unless you're meeting in a group and refuse to disperse when asked, but that could be done before all this anyway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pepperballs, even better.  Thru the open window, make 'em choke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to load up my paintball gun for the one hoodrat that drives past the house with the subs up to 11.  Fuckers need to change their drug delivery route between Newark and Geneva.

Embed a shard of ceramic in the balls and maybe one will connect.

Pepperballs, even better.  Thru the open window, make 'em choke.

Film this in vertical video, please and thank you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nah..She gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Karen's car still there?

Nah..She gone.

Well, so much for a test vehicle
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well..They ARE the enemy anyhow...So, Yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh.

I think a wall built out of the bodies of your enemies has a certain psychological effect on invaders.

Well..They ARE the enemy anyhow...So, Yes?

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's all good and well but many people live for years and decades with "other ailments".  The flubro argument that these people would've died soon even without covid is pathetic and ignorant.

If causation is truly something you want to dig into you should first familiarize yourself with the but-for test.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes. I do.

Showed up at the Ex's house at 7:00AM and collected my Kiddo. Ex was less than pleased...LOL.

Took kiddo for a nice day long scoot around the 3 states. Went up through High Point, NJ, through Port Jervis and Hawks Nest. Then down through PA. Then back home by 9PM that night.

Twas an AWESOME day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I do.

Twas an AWESOME day.

Sounds like a great day
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Even if nobody is gonna use it, gotta be able to see the equipment.
View Quote

Yerp
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A keeshond could work if you don’t mind shedding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Quite frankly, I want our last dog. She would lay around the house, and then she would hear a leaf fall in the backyard and she would race out there barking her fool head off to keep her pack safe.

Sounds like you need an English Mastiff.

They were bred to do exactly what you describe. Lay around and then sound the alarm when "threats" appeared.

"A mouse farted 3 miles away! Come fix it! Now now now!"

A mastiff is about 5x larger than what I have in mind.

I like the 40 - 60 lb sized doggies. Small enough they don't eat you out of house and home, and big enough burglars won't fuck with them.

A keeshond could work if you don’t mind shedding

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have a grandma car
View Quote

That’s gonna be mine eventually.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's all good and well but many people live for years and decades with "other ailments".  The flubro argument that these people would've died soon even without covid is pathetic and ignorant.

If causation is truly something you want to dig into you should first familiarize yourself with the but-for test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the but-for test similar to a dick-fer?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a grandma car

gma car bros
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don’t trust anything China has to say. As such, I don’t pay attention to their numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sensible position to take.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#40]
57° out and hey that thing Phurball said works!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which also ties into the dick-butt test.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Buddy of mine had a Keeshound.

Bubba was super smart. He could count to 3.

Extremely fluffy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A Remington TiRant. Interesting.
View All Quotes

All of my dead air stamps say BP firearms
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have a grandma car
View Quote

I have a papaw truck.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
if I'm not going to get any goddamn zombies out of this crisis I should at least be able to get some drinking vessels made from the skulls of my enemies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would cause too much unemployment, which is bad.

Repurpose those fuckers somewhere else...

Don't we need ditch diggers at the wall construction sites?

Eh.

I think a wall built out of the bodies of your enemies has a certain psychological effect on invaders.
if I'm not going to get any goddamn zombies out of this crisis I should at least be able to get some drinking vessels made from the skulls of my enemies.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Neighbor just got a yellow lab puppy. Their kid is playing with it in the front yard and it's cute to watch. I think the kid is actually wearing out the puppy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That’s exactly opposite of what you’ve described.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife said an Aussie was a hard no from her

I keep telling you: Ridgeback, although Canaan Dog would work well. But it might be too close to Valentine’s appearance for her.

Canaan says they don't like a sedentary lifestyle.

We're homebodies.

If you’re truly pretty sedentary, that changes a few things. And pretty much eliminates most of the herding breeds entirely.
Maybe sedentary isn't quite the right word.

We hang out at the house most of the time. The wife and I do go for walks when it's nice outside. Having a dog again would at least push me to not make excuses for not walking.

A lot of the sighthounds can work well with that. A corgi or basset hound would be fine. Some of the long and low terriers could be fine. Or you could go to the other end of the spectrum and look at Bullmastiffs, Leonbergers, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, and other large and lazy types.

Wife wants a GSD.

That’s exactly opposite of what you’ve described.

I know
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What a world.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly so. Take diabetes, for instance. Many people live with it for decades, no problem. It still counts as an ‘underlying condition’ when considering beer flu. Beer flu still caused the death, not complications from diabetes.
Page / 139
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top