Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Caption: Territorial Defense Forces of Zhytomyr Oblast captured a Russian cargo truck loaded with pretty interesting munition - 9M113 "Konkurs-M" tandem anti-tank guided missiles, made in 2016.
1:29 PM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Caption: Russian forces abandoned another R-149 series command and staff vehicle recently; precise location unknown. 3:59 PM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Caption: Equipment of the pilot of the Russian Su-25 jet, which was shot down today - a NAZ-7M survival kit, AKS-74U assault rifle and Makarov pistol. Notice damage of the rifle, received either during a firefight or from an anti-aircraft missile. 8:43 AM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Caption: A Russian T-72B tank was captured by Ukrainians and instantly looted - all ERA (External Reactive Armor) blocks containing explosives were stripped for later use. 4:31 AM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

Caption: A modern Russian BMD-4M airborne IFV was abandoned in Hostomel during yesterday's attack by the Ukrainian special forces. 6:43 AM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Caption: We can confirm that a OFZAB-500 high-explosive incendiary fragmentation bomb (500kg) were recovered. Naturally, the use of these extremely potent munitions near civilian areas is very dangerous.
5:51 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Caption 1: From images of the crash site in Chernihiv, we are able to determine that the plane shot down was a Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback", a modern Russian fighter-bomber.

Caption 2: Note tail number of 24.  A Russian two-seater jet was shot down above Chernihiv today. Pilots successfully ejected, however one of them was already captured. 5:42 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Claimed video of above shootdown:

Claimed video of pilot ejecting from above shootdown:

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad. Just another needless brother war that'll end after a few thousand young men get killed, and the politicians will still sleep in a warm bed afterwards.
View Quote

News flash....ALL wars have been like that since time beginning.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Caption: We can confirm that a OFZAB-500 high-explosive incendiary fragmentation bomb (500kg) were recovered. Naturally, the use of these extremely potent munitions near civilian areas is very dangerous.

https://i.postimg.cc/QxYDzL28/FNFXk-Sv-Xo-AABi-T5.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRmzNJdc/FNFXl-Jq-WYAEBPLs.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/PrJsY3PB/FNFXlu-AWQAAtn-X6.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wjRCb152/FNFXm-Sp-XMAEurwv.jpg

View Quote

It would appear that a decent number of them are faulty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/QxYDzL28/FNFXk-Sv-Xo-AABi-T5.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRmzNJdc/FNFXl-Jq-WYAEBPLs.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/PrJsY3PB/FNFXlu-AWQAAtn-X6.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wjRCb152/FNFXm-Sp-XMAEurwv.jpg

I wonder what that ash like substance coming out of the munition in the middle two images is?
The fuse?

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Caption: Two T-90A, both with the famous "Javelin Cage" captured in working condition in the South by Ukrainian forces. 6:05 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Caption: It appears that the first Orlan-10 drone operated by Russian Forces has been down; precise location is unknown as accounts vary. 7:42 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Caption: This is an Orlan-10. 8:09 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Caption: LNR forces* (Note Z marking) lost multiple vehicles today, precise location unknown, in Luhansk. Two destroyed BMP-1 along with another burning BMP/MT-LB based vehicle can be seen along with two unarmoured vehicles, although their relevance is unclear.
7:38 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

* LNR (????´????? ????´???? ?????´?????, or Luganskaya Narodnaya Respublika) translates to Luhansk People’s Republic, a separatist controlled region of Ukraine that is pro-Russian and fighting with regular Russian forces against Ukrainian national forces.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Caption: #Ukraine: More Russian aviation was claimed to be downed today in the area of Mykolaiv.
Although the precise location cannot be confirmed, we can observe that this appears to be a Mil Mi-35M helicopter that has been shot down: tail number "RF-13017". 6:48 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Caption: A stuck Russian T-72B3 tank with a notorious "Javelin cage" was abandoned by the Russian forces. 7:57 AM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Caption: A stuck Russian T-72B3 tank with a notorious "Javelin cage" was abandoned by the Russian forces. 7:57 AM · Mar 4, 2022 ·

https://i.postimg.cc/qMTCj5PZ/FNAqypi-WUA0-Cqv-N.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/q7SNnbcw/FNAqz-OKWUAs3-El5.jpg

View Quote

What is the javelin cage supposed to do? Stop a javelin?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/qMTCj5PZ/FNAqypi-WUA0-Cqv-N.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/q7SNnbcw/FNAqz-OKWUAs3-El5.jpg

The idea was to pre-detonate the javelin so it would not penetrate to turret top armor, like an RPG cage on a Stryker, but it doesn't seem to have been well tested.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

in theory it prematurely initiates the warhead which with a single shaped charge like a standard RPG HEAT round can be effective, but AFAIK the Jav has two HEAT type warheads to deal with this very issue as well as reactive armor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]

CIA gonna be posting on Ukraine.Craigslist.org "Wanted: Russian barn-finds, cash paid, no title needed." in a few weeks.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Caption: LNR forces* (Note Z marking) lost multiple vehicles today, precise location unknown, in Luhansk. Two destroyed BMP-1 along with another burning BMP/MT-LB based vehicle can be seen along with two unarmoured vehicles, although their relevance is unclear.
7:38 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

https://i.postimg.cc/zBzBZskx/FNFu9ea-Xo-AMj-OAi.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qMh7TX8H/FNFvi-Ia-Xo-AYoi-WF.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/LsT9TyML/FNFw-F-y-Xw-Ag-Epgi.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/8zgTV8pL/FNFw-JVPXo-AY4zi-M.jpg

* LNR (????´????? ????´???? ?????´?????, or Luganskaya Narodnaya Respublika) translates to Luhansk People’s Republic, a separatist controlled region of Ukraine that is pro-Russian and fighting with regular Russian forces against Ukrainian national forces.
View Quote

That's so cute, even the little turrets pop off, just like their big cousins(T-72).
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

in theory it prematurely initiates the warhead which with a single shaped charge like a standard RPG HEAT round can be effective, but AFAIK the Jav has two HEAT type warheads to deal with this very issue as well as reactive armor.
View Quote

I doubt that the first warhead in a javelin will blow the armor aside but if the first charge goes the second goes and an extra meter of stand-off isn’t saving Ivan. Would help against an RPG-7 I bet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Russian Mi-24 shot down

Screen shots

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Ukrainian Armed Forces shot down Russian MI-24
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
CIA gonna be posting on Ukraine.Craigslist.org "Wanted: Russian barn-finds, cash paid, no title needed." in a few weeks.
View Quote

You've got to wonder how many CIA guys are running around Ukraine on the ground right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Based on the reports and pictures so far, who is winning?

U or R
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

U or R
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

U or R
View Quote

yup.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Question; If a tank with reactive armor is dead-lined, can the reactive armor be repurposed for IED's or other such uses?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

U or R
View Quote
Raytheon
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Question; If a tank with reactive armor is dead-lined, can the reactive armor be repurposed for IED's or other such uses?
View Quote

See post #4 on this page.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Raytheon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

U or R
Raytheon

And General Dynamics (Stinger)
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

U or R
View Quote

China
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:18:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Caption: One of the first glimpses of a PPZR Piorun MANPADS in the hands of Ukrainian forces.
Essentially a very heavily upgraded 9K38 Igla, this Polish system was provided to UA recently and may help explain some of the the recent Russian Air Force losses. 5:51 PM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Caption: Apparently, a Russian Mil Mi-8 attack helicopter was shot down today above Odessa.
We can give the correct ID for this helicopter: an Mi-8AMTSh with tail number "RF-91165"
8:56 AM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Caption: In the vicinity of Mariupol, Ukrainian forces captured a 122mm Grad-pattern MRL, killing 5 Russian soldiers; possibly an ambush. Note RPG-26. 2:56 PM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Caption: The 58th Independent Motorized Infantry Brigade of the Ukrainian Army captured a T-72B yesterday, apparently in good condition. 2:47 PM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Caption: Another Russian supply truck destroyed in Chernihiv recently. 2:33 PM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Caption: A T-80U captured by the Ukrainian Army in recent days, possibly in Kharkiv.
2:27 PM · Mar 5, 2022 ·

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:19:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You've got to wonder how many CIA guys are running around Ukraine on the ground right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Ukraine is claiming they have gotten something like 16000 volunteers from around the world to come help them fight.  I wonder how many of those volunteers are named Lynch?
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Did they used to work for chic fil a in those cow costumes?
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah no joke. Was trying to figure out if they were Russian or Ukrainian, since they do not appear to be carrying AKs, I was thinking Ukrainian? But the pattern is similar to the Russian Klyaksa pattern (below) but more pronounced.  Russian Tactic-9 pattern, less so. Does not look like typical Ukrainian winter pattern to me.

Russian Klyaksa pattern

Russian Tactic-9 pattern

Ukrainian Winter pattern

Looks more like this Russian "Blot" commercial pattern? But why the non AK rifles? Spetnatz?
It's a mystery.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Looks more like this Russian "Blot" commercial pattern? But why the non AK rifles? Spetnatz?
It's a mystery.

View Quote

Over a week ago I recall seeing the video footage of those guys moving down that road and they were being followed by well over a dozen media people less than 100 yds away filming and taking pics, is that not in this thread? If not I don't recall where I saw it.   Seemed like a staged training OP or some other orchestrated media effort.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#42]
RA T90A, out in the wild, in it's natural state.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know what anti tank equipment they're
using but, it really fucks those tanks up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reportedly, Javelins, British NLAWs and various RPG types.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Over a week ago I recall seeing the video footage of those guys moving down that road and they were being followed by well over a dozen media people less than 100 yds away filming and taking pics, is that not in this thread? If not I don't recall where I saw it.   Seemed like a staged training OP or some other orchestrated media effort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a mystery.

Could well have been a staged photoshoot knowing the MSM in any country.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget lots of very well aimed artillery.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And lets not forget the TB2 drones. Just read they have received more and they are actively hunting.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/defending-ukraine-listing-russian-army.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And lets not forget the TB2 drones. Just read they have received more and they are actively hunting.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/defending-ukraine-listing-russian-army.html
View Quote
I think they are also using the TB2s for laser guided arty. Cool birds.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Captions: A UA soldier is now equipped with Sweden supplied AT4 light anti-tank weapon. 5.000 will be delivered, and if 20% of those score a hit at some point a thousand ???? vehicles will be destroyed.
9:10 AM · Mar 6, 2022 ·

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top