Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
In this thread, a bunch of people who don't know shit are jumping to conclusions.

<----------Currently in the 1ST Infantry Division in the middle east  ( not Iraq)

EDIT: Ok, let me just throw this out there since it isn't a secret or anything. the 1St INF DIV headquarters is coming.......to KUWAIT. We've known about it for a couple months now, it's no big deal. We're talking about 700 people give or take, mostly staff Officers and support troops, not door kickers and face stabbers. They are coming to KUWAIT, not IRAQ. 1 ST Brigade ( ME) has been here since June as part of a planned 9 month roatation our coming here had nothing to do with ISIS, Units cycle in and out of Kuwait for training and as a regional reaction force. We've been doing this for years.

Relalx guys, we aren't going to invade Iraq, as much as I'd like to. We are sitting here doing mundane training and trying to stay hydrated. Our biggest worry is whether or not the DFAC is going to run out of carrot cake cuz that shit is on point.

Find another reason to hate Obama today, it's not like there's a shortage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not questioning the abilities of our military.  More doubting that decisions will be made with best security of the troops in mind.  If there are only 500 troops in country spread all over in smaller groups who will they rely on for security?  Will air assets be available at the discretion of the ground commander or will the white house have to authorize every time a soldier wants to flip the selector to auto?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you trying to be a Drama Llama or do you just like opining on subjects you know nothing about?  

You're right of course.  Dear Leader would never place Americans in a hostile country with inadequate security measures and fail to provide needed support because he's trying to pretend it's not as bad as it seems and he doesn't want to offend our enemies.

I'm sure our enemies would never try to take advantage of an exposed weakness.

It's called war. If only there was some some force it there that was trained to do that sort of icky stuff.

And politicians politicizing war? Neva bin dun befo.

I'm not questioning the abilities of our military.  More doubting that decisions will be made with best security of the troops in mind.  If there are only 500 troops in country spread all over in smaller groups who will they rely on for security?  Will air assets be available at the discretion of the ground commander or will the white house have to authorize every time a soldier wants to flip the selector to auto?

There are already 1,600 there.  There are more troops in the region that could arrive quickly as well.  That's in addition to the DIV HQ that will be sent to the region.  If you think security is not planned for I don't know what to tell you.  

Obviously so, since we're already blowing shit up from the air in Iraq and Syria.  

I realize you're trying to draw the comparison between Benghazi and what the ROE may be in Iraq.  The two situations are not the same - at all - and to call it an apples to dildos comparison would be a disservice to dildos.  

There are Team Members that are serving and may very likely be sent over for that mission.  Your uninformed speculation of ROE, number of troops that are there/are going to be sent there, their C2, and other items that you know nothing about is, at best, unproductive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In this thread, a bunch of people who don't know shit are jumping to conclusions.

<----------Currently in the 1ST Infantry Division in the middle east  ( not Iraq)

EDIT: Ok, let me just throw this out there since it isn't a secret or anything. the 1St INF DIV headquarters is coming.......to KUWAIT. We've known about it for a couple months now, it's no big deal. We're talking about 700 people give or take, mostly staff Officers and support troops, not door kickers and face stabbers. They are coming to KUWAIT, not IRAQ. 1 ST Brigade ( ME) has been here since June as part of a planned 9 month roatation our coming here had nothing to do with ISIS, Units cycle in and out of Kuwait for training and as a regional reaction force. We've been doing this for years.

Relalx guys, we aren't going to invade Iraq, as much as I'd like to. We are sitting here doing mundane training and trying to stay hydrated. Our biggest worry is whether or not the DFAC is going to run out of carrot cake cuz that shit is on point.

View Quote

Happy to see some things never change!  That cake is AWESOME!

Edit for spellen
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes we will, he is only the President. One of many before and there will be many after. We just have the unfortunate timing to be alive when the worst ever is in office.
Don't be a drama Queen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course he is, as he said he was not going to.  

The maxim of, whatever he says, the opposite is what he will do holds true.

I no longer give him that credit. I'm seeing a buffoon who is so blatantly incompetent that he simply has no fucking idea what he's doing. This nation is at risk and I mean that in all seriousness. We may not survive the next 2 years under this idiot.

Yes we will, he is only the President. One of many before and there will be many after. We just have the unfortunate timing to be alive when the worst ever is in office.
Don't be a drama Queen.

Normally I'd agree with you but as I ponder this POTUS and his administration I have an instinct that very tangible and permanent damage is being done to this nation, purposeful and by design.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Normally I'd agree with you but as I ponder this POTUS and his administration I have an instinct that very tangible and permanent damage is being done to this nation, purposeful and by design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course he is, as he said he was not going to.  

The maxim of, whatever he says, the opposite is what he will do holds true.

I no longer give him that credit. I'm seeing a buffoon who is so blatantly incompetent that he simply has no fucking idea what he's doing. This nation is at risk and I mean that in all seriousness. We may not survive the next 2 years under this idiot.

Don't be a drama Queen.

Yes, indeed.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Edit for spellen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit for spellen

I am in complete agreement with my colleagues on the carrot cake

e
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

e
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit for spellen

e

I didn't even know they had it at Buehring. I didnt go over by the dessert section because the first coupkes i went evrrything was really dry.  Mongolian was pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna skip bashing Lord Obama and just say, "stay safe American Forces."
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It will be spun that he's simply following the suggestions of the military leaders. You know, the ones that he initially ingored.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He LIED?!?!?

It will be spun that he's simply following the suggestions of the military leaders. You know, the ones that he initially ingored.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You put some ground troops in,
You pull all ground troops out,
You put more ground troops in,
Then you flounder all about...
View Quote

Well played...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
get in your track and follow me, I am the mechanized infantry..........  What upsets me most about this is the fact that we had (in the not too distant past) secure faclilities and infrastructure there, but we walked away from it.  Now we will have to fight to retake those areas (as this war expands) and good kids will die in the process.   This is like watching two trains getting ready to crash into each other, but not being able to do anything about it.  God help us.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same here...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also:  SOMETHING Is wrong- Bad wrong- to get this idiot to commit troops.

I get the same feeling.

Same here...

As do I....
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, I rost.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top