Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 393
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GB uses collegiate cheerleaders, from UWGB I think. I don't think they're paid either. Not exactly a lot of professional cheerleader/dancer/model types yearning to spend their college years in a tiny cold city in the middle of nowhere. Plenty of normal cute college girls, not a ton 10's.

I honestly don't know any Packer fans, or anybody in WI, that cares that the Packers don't have a professional squad. If anything most people probably prefer having the local college squad do it. Rural WI in general is big on a sense of community and when it comes to the Packers that seems to be something that brings people together from all over the state. We like seeing stuff that's "home grown." You also see it big time when a WI kid gets his shot at playing for GB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very hot, but she still can’t hold a candle to the Packers cheerleaders that’s for sure.
GB uses collegiate cheerleaders, from UWGB I think. I don't think they're paid either. Not exactly a lot of professional cheerleader/dancer/model types yearning to spend their college years in a tiny cold city in the middle of nowhere. Plenty of normal cute college girls, not a ton 10's.

I honestly don't know any Packer fans, or anybody in WI, that cares that the Packers don't have a professional squad. If anything most people probably prefer having the local college squad do it. Rural WI in general is big on a sense of community and when it comes to the Packers that seems to be something that brings people together from all over the state. We like seeing stuff that's "home grown." You also see it big time when a WI kid gets his shot at playing for GB.
I don't doubt that almost all of the female fans would, but are you telling me the majority of non-rural best friend male Packers fans would rather have this cheering in front of them:

Than this?

Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

See both of my replies above. I answered this directly.

This is just another Ray Rice style response from the league. Well... Normally it would be a 1 game suspension, maybe 3 or 4, but the public are watching, and this looks bad on us, so let's just suspend him for the whole fucking season because we can, because the CBA is so bad it says I can punish anyone, for any length of time I want, without any reason or justification or following prior history of punishments."
View Quote
That does not mean they are wrong....he has extenuating circumstances you seem to ignore over and over.

They bargained for it last time and didn't care enough to get it in writing vs just caring about more money, money, money and less pad practices....there is always going to be an unprecedented case at some point.

The NFL is at least trying to do something....I'd rather have him out than somebody he crippled for life. Want it in the next CBA, stick to your guns and strike if need be over it. My moneys says they won't.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That does not mean they are wrong....he has extenuating circumstances you seem to ignore over and over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See both of my replies above. I answered this directly.

This is just another Ray Rice style response from the league. Well... Normally it would be a 1 game suspension, maybe 3 or 4, but the public are watching, and this looks bad on us, so let's just suspend him for the whole fucking season because we can, because the CBA is so bad it says I can punish anyone, for any length of time I want, without any reason or justification or following prior history of punishments."
I didn't ignore anything. I even reported his three suspensions in my reply. However, supporting a disciplinarian who hands out punishments that suit his own interests at his own times is simply ridiculous.

No one would support a judge sentencing a jay walker to 10 years in prison on their 3rd offense after simply giving him two tickets previously. Especially with no precedence, no warning, and no written statute allowing it.

Just because courts have ruled Goodell can punish people arbitrarily, however he wants, doesn't mean it should be supported or applauded because he used it THIS TIME against a player despised by many fans.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I didn't ignore anything. I even reported his three suspensions in my reply. However, supporting a disciplinarian who hands out punishments that suit his own interests at his own times is simply ridiculous.

No one would support a judge sentencing a jay walker to 10 years in prison on their 3rd offense after simply giving him two tickets previously. Especially with no precedence, no warning, and no written statute allowing it.

Just because courts have ruled Goodell can punish people arbitrarily, however he wants, doesn't mean it should be supported or applauded because he used it THIS TIME against a player despised by many fans.
View Quote
I'm supporting the NFL for doing this because it was the right thing to do. You want strict black and white rules and that is never going to happen in all situations. I've seen more consistency in the years following Rice situation. Are they perfect no but it is better. It doesn't help when appeals keep bringing punishment down.

I get it Goodell bad, players union good. Quite frankly the NFL are damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Like I said if they want to limit his powers then do it in the CBA. They didn't feel it was worth it back then. Time to step up in the next one or let it go.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't doubt that almost all of the female fans would, but are you telling me the majority of non-rural best friend male Packers fans would rather have this cheering in front of them:

https://newscdn.weigelbroadcasting.com/Tkaqm-1496442138-56878-blog-5658225_G.jpg

Than this?

https://i.imgur.com/7ubdTvu.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guess there was a reason he was missing kicks. Should have seen it coming when the Patriots went for it on a 4th and 8 instead of attempting a 53 yarder.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://newscdn.weigelbroadcasting.com/Tkaqm-1496442138-56878-blog-5658225_G.jpg

Than this?

View Quote
Snort.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone knows the Pats defense is good, but thought this was a nice stat about their secondary.

Quarterbacks are just 3 of 27 for a total of 97 yards with 4 interceptions on passes that travel 20 or more yards versus New England.

Of course that was done facing the likes of Ben Roflsburger, Josh Rosen, Ryan Fitztragic, Luke Falk, Josh Allen and Matt Barkley.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Tyreek Hill was back in practice today.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not just IR.  He is done for the season.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't care who your team is this speech Mahomes gives at only 24 years old to the offense before the game winning drive against the Lions is EPIC!  Speech starts at 3:55 if you want to skip the highlights.

Mahomes speech to offense before the game winning drive against the Lions
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't care who your team is this speech Mahomes gives at only 24 years old to the offense before the game winning drive against the Lions is EPIC!  Speech starts at 3:55 if you want to skip the highlights.

View Quote
He should be talking to the defense like that as well LOL.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He should be talking to the defense like that as well LOL.
View Quote
I think it's going to take more than a motivational speech to help that defense.  Stafford did play well, but it's the poor run defense the last couple weeks that is bothersome.  When I look at New England for example...it may sound odd, but I want to make Brady throw it.  It's really Andy and Pat against that defense and the Chiefs defense being able to stop the run to help even up the time of possession to give Pat more chances with the ball.  The Lions game had value because of the defensive system although obviously not the same talent level.  The Chiefs struggled, but things were learned.  Lots of zone man 2 and cover 1 robber and doubling Kelce as well as chipping him with the DE when possible.  When the back went into the flat the DE on that side would often go that way to help and they would only rush 3.  It's about identical to how New England has played Pat in two games so far.  Of course they always throw things in and do different things too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
“EPIC”? That was pretty tame and generic, IMO. The way you hyped it up I was expecting something like Tebow’s halftime speech at the National Championship or something.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everyone knows the Pats defense is good, but thought this was a nice stat about their secondary.

Quarterbacks are just 3 of 27 for a total of 97 yards with 4 interceptions on passes that travel 20 or more yards versus New England.

Of course that was done facing the likes of Ben Roflsburger, Josh Rosen, Ryan Fitztragic, Luke Falk, Josh Allen and Matt Barkley.
View Quote
you can stop pretending you're not scared of seeing my skins this weekend. haskins or McCoy or maybe keenum is ready to expose those NE frauds......
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Gostkowski has been playing with a broken hip
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gostkowski has been playing with a broken hip
View Quote
Yup, that'll do it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
With his history he should be banned from the league.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carr and gruden are defending burfict.
Believe year long suspension is too long.
I think it is too and I fucking HATE Burfict. But that hit was not worth the LONGEST suspension in NFL HISTORY for on the field conduct. Even with his past history. No way.

And I would expect it to be reduced on appeals. Start high, settle middle.
With his history he should be banned from the league.
I agree.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Burfict should consider himself lucky he isn’t facing assault charges and prison time.
View Quote
He would see that as street cred.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

you can stop pretending you're not scared of seeing my skins this weekend. haskins or McCoy or maybe keenum is ready to expose those NE frauds......
View Quote
Need to go back in time and bring the hogs back.
Redskins are my NFC East team.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Gruden has given up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Than this?

View Quote
If I wanna see T&A I'll tell my wife to get over here, or I have the internet. I wouldn't even care if there were zero cheerleaders on the sidelines, I'm watching football not bimbos.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If I wanna see T&A I'll tell my wife to get over here, or I have the internet. I wouldn't even care if there were zero cheerleaders on the sidelines, I'm watching football not bimbos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Than this?

That’s not what I asked, but if you’re telling me the answer to the question I asked you is “yes,” then:

Link Posted: 10/2/2019 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That’s not what I asked, but if you’re telling me the answer to the question I asked you is “yes,” then:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUySTNfFds1K3phXmo/giphy.gif
View Quote
If you wanna know which female I'd rank higher, the professional is obviously more attractive.

But on a whole I'd rather the college girls get the chance to experience cheering on the sidelines of a pro game.

I don't really pay any attention to them though, so honestly they could be some real deal ogres and I wouldn't give a fuck. Pretty much the only time I notice them is when a player runs through them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you wanna know which female I'd rank higher, the professional is obviously more attractive.

But on a whole I'd rather the college girls get the chance to experience cheering on the sidelines of a pro game.

I don't really pay any attention to them though, so honestly they could be some real deal ogres and I wouldn't give a fuck. Pretty much the only time I notice them is when a player runs through them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUySTNfFds1K3phXmo/giphy.gif

I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm talking about you saying that "most people probably prefer having the local college squad do it."

Females I get.  Unless they are lesbians they pretty much never want to see a hotter woman getting WAY more attention than they do.  However, if you're going to tell me that the majority of non-rural best friend male Packers fans would rather have this cheering in front of them at a game...

Instead of this...

Then...

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm talking about you saying that "most people probably prefer having the local college squad do it."

Females I get.  Unless they are lesbians they pretty much never want to see a hotter woman getting WAY more attention than they do.  However, if you're going to tell me that the majority of non-rural best friend male Packers fans would rather have this cheering in front of them at a game...

Instead of this...

Then...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/uBdpE1XS0JJd8oK422/giphy.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Instead of this...

Then...

Well this is from the Wiki on GB's cheerleaders.

The Packers last had professional cheerleaders in 1988.[2] Green Bay television station WFRV did a poll and found that approximately 50% of fans wanted cheerleaders and 50% did not.
I don't know what the percentages would be today, but all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome was similar. I like seeing hot chicks as much as the next guy, I just don't have any desire to have them needlessly inserted into a football game. Of the males I know well, I would be surprised if any of them felt different. In today's world I'd actually expect quite a few females to view the lack of a professional squad as some kind of sexism.

I'm honestly kind of surprised you think this is some  big deal. Maybe because you're a Cowboys fan and they have the most famous cheerleaders in the world it seems like a bigger deal? To me cheerleaders are just something they show on tv for 2.5 seconds during breaks in the game or something you look past while in the stadium watching a game. And not just the Packers ones, even the pro squads are the same way. If they're going to be there why not let it be some college girls who will remember the experience forever vs someone who is just collecting a check.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know what the percentages would be today, but all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome was similar. I like seeing hot chicks as much as the next guy, I just don't have any desire to have them needlessly inserted into a football game. Of the males I know well, I would be surprised if any of them felt different. In today's world I'd actually expect quite a few females to view the lack of a professional squad as some kind of sexism.

I'm honestly kind of surprised you think this is some  big deal. Maybe because you're a Cowboys fan and they have the most famous cheerleaders in the world it seems like a bigger deal? To me cheerleaders are just something they show on tv for 2.5 seconds during breaks in the game or something you look past while in the stadium watching a game. And not just the Packers ones, even the pro squads are the same way. If they're going to be there why not let it be some college girls who will remember the experience forever vs someone who is just collecting a check.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instead of this...

Then...

The Packers last had professional cheerleaders in 1988.[2] Green Bay television station WFRV did a poll and found that approximately 50% of fans wanted cheerleaders and 50% did not.

None of this is a "big deal." I just find it somewhat amusing seeing you attempt to make the case that the majority of heterosexual male members of an NFL fanbase would rather have those Packers cheerleaders pictured above (I'm tired of posting that pic ) cheering in front of them at a game over something like this.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Of course it could be worse.  Your cheerleaders could be a bunch of guys.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I saw the Pats are giving The Nuge a tryout.   I hope he makes it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

“EPIC”? That was pretty tame and generic, IMO. The way you hyped it up I was expecting something like Tebow’s halftime speech at the National Championship or something.
View Quote
Oh I’m sorry I forgot that you are the only one that knows anything about football and you’ve already established that Dak is better than Mahomes.  I’m out I’ll let you guys go back to talking about cheer leaders while I study coaches film.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

None of this is a "big deal." I just find it somewhat amusing seeing you attempt to make the case that the majority of heterosexual male members of an NFL fanbase would rather have those Packers cheerleaders pictured above (I'm tired of posting that pic ) cheering in front of them at a game over something like this.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9daf641ca935b02d992614ccee620e3f/tenor.gif?itemid=4544886

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/046F3DBD-30C9-4328-9C8B-968C18AE6F3B_png-1108332.JPG

https://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/5.4eaglescheer2.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg
View Quote
When I was younger I'd probably stand a chance with a couple of those GB cheerleaders...the Dallas ones not so much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I just did a quick Google search on all the kickers the Pats are trying out to replace Gostkowski.  Ugh, what a motley collection of has beens
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When I was younger I'd probably stand a chance with a couple of those GB cheerleaders...the Dallas ones not so much.
View Quote
I wouldn't be interested in any of those Packers cheerleaders but I'm sure they're nice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very hot, but she still can’t hold a candle to the Packers cheerleaders that’s for sure.

I think the "normal" college girls on the GB squad make sense for GB.  It's the one NFL team that has more of a college feel to the fan base.

I also think the one-step-removed-from-a-gentlemen's-club dance routines for most of the other teams make a lot of sense in their home markets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think the "normal" college girls on the GB squad make sense for GB.  It's the one NFL team that has more of a college feel to the fan base.

I also think the one-step-removed-from-a-gentlemen's-club dance routines for most of the other teams make a lot of sense in their home markets.
View Quote
I personally knew two Eagles cheerleaders and they were far from strippers. Those GB cheerleaders aren't making the squad at most Division 1 programs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just did a quick Google search on all the kickers the Pats are trying out to replace Gostkowski.  Ugh, what a motley collection of has beens
View Quote
And the "never weres." Younghoe Koo? Jesus Christ...
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Met a Vikings cheerleader once, she was going for her PhD in physics.

The culture in Green Bay is different from big cities. Obviously most heterosexual men would prefer to look at professional semi strippers than local college cheerleaders in certain circumstances.

Most people I know don’t pay much attention to the cheerleaders. If you want to look at scantily clad hot women, there are more than a few ways to do that. People watch football games and go to football games to watch... wait for it... keep waiting... football.

Unless you’re my parents and you go to watch the marching band.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Met a Vikings cheerleader once, she was going for her PhD in physics.

The culture in Green Bay is different from big cities. Obviously most heterosexual men would prefer to look at professional semi strippers than local college cheerleaders in certain circumstances.

Most people I know don’t pay much attention to the cheerleaders. If you want to look at scantily clad hot women, there are more than a few ways to do that. People watch football games and go to football games to watch... wait for it... keep waiting... football.

Unless you’re my parents and you go to watch the marching band.
View Quote
At the games I've been to nobody cares unless your seats are near where they are cheering. Way too much other stuff going on in a big stadium.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I personally knew two Eagles cheerleaders and they were far from strippers. Those GB cheerleaders aren't making the squad at most Division 1 programs.
View Quote
So what?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So what?
View Quote
You're right. I shouldn't care that the rural men enjoy that sense of community with their best friends at Packers games. Green Bay is different & unique by NFL standards and the same applies to their cheerleaders.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g
View Quote
He made it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said one step removed.  NFL cheerleaders aren't strippers.  But they do a lot of gyrating and shaking in very abbreviated outfits.  It is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're right. I shouldn't care that the rural men enjoy that sense of community with their best friends at Packers games. Green Bay is different & unique by NFL standards and the same applies to their cheerleaders.
View Quote
It's all good!

I see the Burflict appeal is going to be on Oct. 8th. My guess is they will reduce the games suspended from 12 to 6-8. Next time he's out for good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's all good!

I see the Burflict appeal is going to be on Oct. 8th. My guess is they will reduce the games suspended from 12 to 6-8. Next time he's out for good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good!

Hopefully his next victim won't be out for good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He made it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g
He made it.
I bet he's being grabbed off the waiver wire in fantasy leagues right now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And the "never weres." Younghoe Koo? Jesus Christ...
View Quote
He was great in college.
Page / 393
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top