Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're not wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have literally heard homeless drug addicts that almost certainly suffer from a mental disorder yelling/rambling on the sidewalk that sound more intelligent and coherent than Groot.

You're not wrong.

"I got this MVP, man."

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Assuming you guys aren't watching the Nick version of the broadcast, so far it's super annoying but only because of a Nate "I played football" Burleson.

But other than that it's kinda cool. The graphics are all like what was in my screenshot, and the commentary is targeted directly to kids. They're referencing other Nick programming or making comparison to kid type situations. So if you're a kid who has no idea what football is, they're doing a good job of making it understandable. But overall, as an adult who watches football it's obviously not for me and it's hard to enjoy.
View Quote

LOL I had to check....didn't know that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And now its going to be super annoying hearing him get hyped up again.

179 yards 0 passing TD 1 INT 5 sacks and 74.8 passer rating will become an 'MVP level of play' story line
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His offense only managed to find the end zone twice against a team with a depleted defense, but Groot finally got his first playoff win.

And now its going to be super annoying hearing him get hyped up again.

179 yards 0 passing TD 1 INT 5 sacks and 74.8 passer rating will become an 'MVP level of play' story line

I think vast majority of it comes from the media who were hyping the fuck out of him last season.  When it became obvious the insane amount of hype was unwarranted rather than admit they were wrong they instead tried to manipulate the narrative in an attempt to make themselves appear right.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think vast majority of it comes from the media who were hyping the fuck out of him last season.  When it became obvious the insane amount of hype was unwarranted rather than admit they were wrong they instead tried to manipulate the narrative in an attempt to make themselves appear right.

View Quote

To be fair, they were tearing him down also.  There was no in between, it was either criticism or praise.  He needed this win more than anyone
As far as his speech, I also made jokes about him but when you listen to him speak (and understand what he says) it’s all about his mother, God, or his teammates.  He’s grown on me
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Assuming you guys aren't watching the Nick version of the broadcast, so far it's super annoying but only because of Nate "I played football" Burleson.

But other than that it's kinda cool. The graphics are all like what was in my screenshot, and the commentary is targeted directly to kids. They're referencing other Nick programming or making comparison to kid type situations. So if you're a kid who has no idea what football is, they're doing a good job of making it understandable. But overall, as an adult who watches football it's obviously not for me and it's hard to enjoy.
View Quote

He is horrible.  Granted it's a small sample size, but I don't think I have ever heard him talk for more than a minute in which he didn't make some reference to himself having played football.

It's like he can't help himself.  Someone else will be talking about a topic and then he'll break in with "that reminds me of when I was playing for the Lions and..." and then he'll proceed to ramble on about something that has next to nothing to do with what the other person was talking about.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To be fair, they were tearing him down also.  There was no in between, it was either criticism or praise.  He needed this win more than anyone
As far as his speech, I also made jokes about him but when you listen to him speak (and understand what he says) it’s all about his mother, God, or his teammates.  He’s grown on me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have missed that.   All I saw was them hyping the hell out of him and then giving him a pass for a postseason performance that other QBs would have been crucified for.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s a catch, but probably still won’t be overturned.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
LoL dropped pass...
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Right through his HANDS!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Huh. Trubs came to play.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Goes on 4th down in the 1st quarter? Who does that?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't mind it but that play they called sucked...
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Oooof.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s a good decision.

Running out of bounds before the sticks on a 4th down in a playoff game is a horrible decision.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#16]
What a horrible penalty to take Could easily be the difference between 3 with a FG and 7 with a TD based on making that a 3rd and 20
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]
With Hill currently 0 for 1 with an INT Wilson's 17.7 QBR might be in danger of being dethroned for worse of the weekend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Man that's a close one but not sure he ever was able to make a football move before he was hit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Assuming you guys aren't watching the Nick version of the broadcast, so far it's super annoying but only because of Nate "I played football" Burleson.

View Quote

Didn't know about this, thanks.  Maybe I will prefer it
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Patterson’s F-bomb made it on the Nickelodeon broadcast, just in case anyone is wondering.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Patterson's F-bomb made it on the Nickelodeon broadcast, just in case anyone is wondering.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Patterson’s F-bomb made it on the Nickelodeon broadcast, just in case anyone is wondering.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Gardner-Johnson?

Apparently, that guy REALLY needs punching.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Other than Talib, does anybody remember another recent player that seems to be involved in on-field drama (without there being an obvious cause to the drama, like with Burfict or Suh) more than CJGJ?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not sure why you think that's "dumb". Against the Packers with a 5 man front he went 11/24 121 yards 1 TD 2 INT 40.5 passer rating. Henry was held to 4.3 YPC 98 yards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Henry is averaging 2 YPC and they keep feeding him the ball.

Combine that with some 4th down decision, and Vrabel might be the team's weakness.

Looks like they are playing him pretty similar to how the Packers did. 5 man front and make Tannehill beat them over the top.

That's dumb. Tannehill is one of the best pocket passers in the league right now.

Stacking the box is working because Tennessee is stubbornly sending their downs down the toilet.

Not sure why you think that's "dumb". Against the Packers with a 5 man front he went 11/24 121 yards 1 TD 2 INT 40.5 passer rating. Henry was held to 4.3 YPC 98 yards.

Tannehill needs a strong running game to thrive.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#28]
The Weekend is doing the Super Bowl halftime show?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]
4th and 3 and the Bears jump.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This game has had a few key plays where the Bears shot themselves in the foot like that one.

Dude running down the sideline without trying to re-enter the field on punt coverage negated a roughing the kicker penalty.

Red zone unsportsmanlike penalty that resulted in a 3rd and 20.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meanwhile Andy Dalton had 3 50+ yard completions to 3 different receivers in the same game.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#33]
wow this game sucks, and who could seriously wanna watch this on nickelodeon??
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two good defenses, and Trubisky is one of the QB's
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was curious where the Bears and Saints ranked so I looked it up.  When looking it up I noticed the Titans have the 5th worst defense in the NFL.  So today Groot and his offense found the end zone twice against the 5th worst defense in the NFL (that was also missing some key players) and apparently that warrants a shit ton of praise and hype.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This game has had a few key plays where the Bears shot themselves in the foot like that one.

Dude running down the sideline without trying to re-enter the field on punt coverage negated a roughing the kicker penalty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, look.  Another one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time for Foles?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#38]
This 8k camera is like an instant 6 pack beer goggles
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh, look.  Another one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, look.  Another one.

Well they have no one to blame but themselves for this one. Put up a good D effort there just to give the Saints a new set of downs on the 1 yard line. Bears gonna Bear
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well they have no one to blame but themselves for this one. Put up a good D effort there just to give the Saints a new set of downs on the 1 yard line. Bears gonna Bear
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, look.  Another one.

I was talking about the holding call on the sack that would have made it 3rd and goal from the 20.

Seemed a little ticky tack, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#41]
By punting when they are down by 18 with about 7 minutes left the Bears are announcing they have ZERO interest in trying to win this game.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Now the Bears are calling timeouts down 21-3 with 3 minutes left and the Saints have the ball in the red zone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Bears are trying to lose.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bears are trying to lose.
View Quote

While simultaneously trying to make the game last as long as possible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#45]
That ball was 3-4" short
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#47]
In a postseason game that's already over you decided to have you 87 year old QB with 87 broken ribs attempt to extend himself and dive over a pile at the goal line exposing his ribs.

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#48]
"Tony, it's like when you and I go out to dinner... it's all about the tip."
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That ball was 3-4" short
View Quote

I couldn’t overturn that.

The pylon cam looks like it’s in, and the cameras in the background aren’t flush with the plain.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
"Tony, it's like when you and I go out to dinner... it's all about the tip."
View Quote

i thought he said 'it's all on the table.'
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top