Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]

The bottom left is the oof zone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

So basically this is the Saints last chance for the forseeable at a Superbowl as well?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Interesting how all 8 of the top left quadrant are playoff teams.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Every team in the top half of the graph is a playoff team with the exception of the Dolphins who didn't make it because they play in a really strong and competitive conference.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
And it looks like there's a good chance Dan Quinn is Dallas's new DC:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

His last efforts lost him some record breaking games lol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, but the Browns were already playing a prevent defense in the second quarter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ben Roethlisberger had 4 INTs and still had a QBR 50 points higher than Russell Wilson's.

Yeah, but the Browns were already playing a prevent defense in the second quarter.

Stuff like that would be relevant if it was passer rating.  Not so much for QBR.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't bet sports. Maybe I should have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we doing a prediction pool?

Bills
Rams
Bucs
Ravens
Saints
Browns

Did you parlay that bet?

If you do get into it, just a heads up: you can’t just pick 10 point favorites to win the game.  Well, I mean you can, but you’d have to risk about $550 just to win $100.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you do get into it, just a heads up: you can’t just pick 10 point favorites to win the game.  Well, I mean you can, but you’d have to risk about $550 just to win $100.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we doing a prediction pool?

Bills
Rams
Bucs
Ravens
Saints
Browns

Did you parlay that bet?

Out of curiosity, If I wanted to bet those 6 teams to win, point spread not considered, where all 6 teams have to win combined or it's a loss, what sort of payout would I have been looking at?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as he’s just the DC I’m okay with this.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the most underrated DCs I’ve ever seen was the HC of an 0-16 team.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
While wearing a purse Juju claimed he didn’t regret his “the Browns is the Browns” comment.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Tree went with Gordon Ramsay for his Seahawks video.

#LetRussCook

I can't wait for his Steelers video.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Here are picks 19-24:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#15]

I totally forgot that the Seahawks traded their first round pick FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS to the Jets for..... Jamal Adams.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looking forward to David_ESM's trivia this week. Ben's 47-68, 4 TDs, and 4 picks has to be a record or two.
View Quote

Ben Roethlisberger became the first player to throw at least 4 touchdown passes AND 4 interceptions in the same game since Ryan Fitzpatrick against the Patriots on Sept. 30, 2012. He is the first to ever do that in a postseason game.

Ben Roethlisberger has set the record for most completions in a game (47), most attempts in a playoff game (68), and 2nd most yards in a playoff game (501). He joins Tom Brady as the only QBs to ever throw for over 500 yards in the post season (Tom, SB LII, 505 yards).

Ben is now the only active NFL QB to ever lose a playoff game to the Cleveland Browns.
Their last playoff win was in 1994, Baker Mayfield hadn't been born yet. They also had lost 8 straight road playoff games. Their last road playoff win was against the Cowboys in 1969.

The Browns 28 first quarter points was an NFL post season record for the most points scored in a single quarter.

The Browns ended a 17 game losing streak at Heinz field. They have defeated Pitt twice in a single season for the first time since 1988.

Was the first time the Steelers have surrendered 35 points in the first half since the 1970 merger.
The Steelers have given up 93 combined points in their last two playoff games.

The Steelers have won just 3 playoff games in the last decade. Those 3 wins came against the AJ McCarron led Bengals, the Matt Moore led Dolphins and the Alex Smith Chiefs. They are 3-6 overall since their SB loss to the Packers in 2010. Ben is 3-7 in his last 10, including losses  to Blake Bortles, Time Tebow, and now Baker Mayfield.

In the Super Bowl Era, only 11 playoff home teams have lost after scoring 28+ points. The Steelers have 4 of them, 3 for Tomlin.

The last time the first play from scrimmage resulted in a defensive TD in any game was in 2018 Week 1, when Sam Darnold threw a Pick-6 on his first career pass.

Since OBJ tore his ACL on Oct 25th, Baker Mayfield has 20 TDs and 1 INT.

The Browns point differential on the season is now 0.

Baker Mayfield was not pressured on ANY of his 34 dropbacks. 2nd most dropbacks without a pressure in the last 5 years. He got rid of the ball in an avg of 2.34 seconds which was 0.25 seconds faster than in any other game this season.

The AFC North has won only one home playoff game since the Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII.

List of QBs who have thrown 3+ interceptions in the first half of a playoff game in the last 20 years:
2007 - Ben Roethlisberger vs Jags (L)
2014 - Russel Wilson vs Packers (W)
2015 - Brian Hoyer vs Chiefs (L)
2020 - Ben Roethlisberger vs Browns (L)

Since the Seahawk / Patriot Super Bowl, the Seahawks have had 8 playoff games, and they have not scored more than 10 points in the first half of any of them.
Russell Wilson was the Seahawks highest graded player on offense with a 77.1.

Home teams went 2-4 in the Super Wildcard round.

Taylor Heinicke had a 92.0 PFF grade. That was the highest single game grade given to a Washington QB in 14 years. He was the highest graded QB on Saturday. Tom was second at 90.8.

In Tom Brady's last 16 post season games (considering it a complete regular season), dating back to 2014: 5,345 yards (334 per game), 32 TDs, 13 INTs, 2 rushing TDs, 30.3 PPG, 13-3 record. Remember, that is nothing but playoff opponents and includes 4 Super Bowl appearances.

Ke'Shawn Vaughn was 5 years old when Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl, this year, Vaughn's first NFL touchdown was thrown to him by Tom.

John Harbaugh now has sole possession of the most all-time road playoff wins by a head coach with 8. Tom Landry and Tom Coughlin have 7.

On a team with Derrick Henry, the only rushing first down the Titans had was a QB sneak by Tannehill.

After the Titans loss, Terrell Davis remains the only player in NFL history to have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season and then won a playoff game (1998).

The Ravens' Wild Card win over the Titans marks the first playoff win for an AFC North team since January 15, 2017.

The Bucs Saints game will be the first time Tampa Bay has ever faced an NFC South opponent in the post season.

Drew and Tom will combine for the oldest quarterback matchup in NFL history for the THIRD FUCKING TIME this year. It will be their first time playing each other in the post season. They first faced each other in 1999 when Tom played for the Michigan Wolverines and Drew for the Purdue Boilermakers. "I guess it was inevitable," - Brees

According to current gambling lines, this will be just the 3rd time since 2007 that Tom Brady has been a post-season underdog (29 games total).

Bears coach Matt Nagy says they held a meeting solely about CJ Gardner-Johnson's instigating tactics, and Anthony Miller still fell for it and got ejected.

Cole Kmet on his bogus unsportsmanlike conduct penalty: "My mom was upset because she knows her son would never do anything like that."

Philip Rivers has the most career passing yards (63,440) and passing TDs (421) of any quarterback without a Super Bowl appearance.

Remaining QB draft order:
1 - Baker
1 - Goff
7 - Allen
10 - Mahomes
24 - Rodgers
32 - Jackson
32 - Brees
199 - Brady
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I totally forgot that the Seahawks traded their first round pick FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS to the Jets for..... Jamal Adams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fun fact: you have as many interceptions in the 2020 NFL season as Jamal Adams does.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ben Roethlisberger has set the record for most completions in a game (47), most attempts in a playoff game (68), and 2nd most yards in a playoff game (501). He joins Tom Brady as the only QBs to ever throw for over 500 yards in the post season (Tom, SB LII, 505 yards).
View Quote

It was hilarious to hear Al Michaels gush over Roethlisberger's stats even calling them "impressive." When you throw 68 passes with reckless abandon against a mostly soft defense in a blowout how could you NOT have a bunch of completions and yards?  Not to mention the 4 INTs on that "impressive" stat line.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fun fact: you have as many interceptions in the 2020 NFL season as Jamal Adams does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did set a new NFL record for sacks from his position, and did it in just 12 games.
He now is slated for 3 surgeries this off season due to injuries.
Shame the Seachickens are gonna waste him and his efforts.

Much like Mack in Chicago. Great player, doing great things, on a team that can't finish the job.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I'd be willing to play for the league minimum.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, if you draw a horizontal line at about 11-5, all of them are playoff teams except the dolphins.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Switched to NFLN and as expected the Lamar hype is in full swing. He wins one playoff game against one of the worst defenses in the regular season and Mahomes/Rodgers better watch out
View Quote

Lol. Good observation.  You forgot to mention Titans were a #2 (IIRC) offense and a +2000 yd running back got stuffed to 40 yds.  Tannehill did what, 160 yds?   It was a team win
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Weird stuff last night.

1) If you told me the browns would score 4 TDs in the first quarter (NFL playoff record, any quarter)
2) Ben Rothlisberger would set NFL record for pass completions (46) along with 500+ passing yards*
3) Score a total of 85 points
4) Browns were without several of their coaches including O-line and Head coach

*Ben's insane stat line  47/68  69%  501 yards 4 TD / 4 INT

Browns came out with a playoff win in Heinz field. I believe that phrase hasn't been said in 2 decades.
In fact, it's been over 17 YEARS since the Browns beat the Steelers at Heinz. (October 21st, 2003)

They've had a huge monkey on their back. That's insane.

Also can't help but watch that game and come away with this- Baker Mayfield is a good QB.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Steelers have won just 3 playoff games in the last decade. Those 3 wins came against the AJ McCarron led Bengals, the Matt Moore led Dolphins and the Alex Smith Chiefs. They are 3-6 overall since their SB loss to the Packers in 2010. Ben is 3-7 in his last 10, including losses  to Blake Bortles, Time Tebow, and now Baker Mayfield.
View Quote

With all the hype and attention they get it's crazy to think that since their Super Bowls over a decade ago the Steelers and Packers have not won a conference championship.

Hell, since the worst play in Super Bowl history the better half of a decade ago, the Seahawks haven't even gotten out of the divisional round.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Browns 28 first quarter points was an NFL post season record for the most points scored in a single quarter.

In Tom Brady's last 16 post season games (considering it a complete regular season), dating back to 2014: 5,345 yards (334 per game), 32 TDs, 13 INTs, 2 rushing TDs, 30.3 PPG, 13-3 record. Remember, that is nothing but playoff opponents and includes 4 Super Bowl appearances.
View Quote

The 1987 Super Bowl saw the Redskins score 35 points in the second quarter.

That stat about Brady is beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's interesting that the teams that won more games this year are also the teams that made the playoffs?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

With all the hype and attention they get it's crazy to think that since their Super Bowls over a decade ago the Steelers and Packers have not won a conference championship.

Hell, since the worst play in Super Bowl history the better half of a decade ago, the Seahawks haven't even gotten out of the divisional round.
View Quote

I had this theory that the seahawks have gotten steadily worse since SB 48.  Let's take a look

2013 - 13-3  WON SB
2014-  12-4  LOST SB  (worse)
2015-  10-6  LOST DIV (worse)
2016-  10-5-1 LOST DIV (better)
2017-  9-7  Missed playoffs (worse)
2018- 10-6 LOST WC
2019- 11-5 LOST DIV
2020- 12-4 LOST WC

So I guess it's not really true.
They have been "improving" since 2017 but still. Their Division (Rams / 49ers / Arizona) has been pretty garbage for the most part the last decade- although the 49ers and Rams both made the Superbowl once (and lost)

How annoying would it be to be a fan of a team that makes playoffs almost every year (8 times in the last 10 years) but flames out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That stat about Brady is beyond ridiculous.
View Quote

I didn't believe you so I looked it up. You are correct.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since Aaron's (2010), Ben's (2010) and Russell's (2014) last Super Bowl appearances, they have combined for a 12-19 post season record with 4 conference championship appearances (0 victories).

Tom Brady has gone 17-6 himself since 2010, with 5 Super Bowl appearances (3 victories) and 8 conference championship appearances.

The greatest shame of Peyton's, Drew's, Aaron's, Ben's, Wilson's careers is going to be the fact they had to play at the same time as Tom.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Collin Cowherd was talking about Lamar J. saying its Ok to be an average passer if you are the fastest man in the NFL???????

Sometimes he makes great points and then he just goes full retard. His waffling on players and teams is pretty impressive as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I had this theory that the seahawks have gotten steadily worse since SB 49.  Let's take a look

2013 - 13-3  WON SB
2018- 10-6 LOST WC
2019- 11-5 LOST DIV
2020- 12-4 LOST WC

They have been "improving" since 2017 but still.

How annoying would it be to be a fan of a team that makes playoffs almost every year (8 times in the last 10 years) but flames out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had this theory that the seahawks have gotten steadily worse since SB 49.  Let's take a look

2013 - 13-3  WON SB
2018- 10-6 LOST WC
2019- 11-5 LOST DIV
2020- 12-4 LOST WC

If you were to ask NFL fans, who were at least somewhat objective, who the best three NFC teams have been the past half decade most of them would probably say "Packers, Saints, and Seahawks."  Myself included.

And yet during that time the Packers and Saints haven't won a conference championship and the Seahawks haven't even been to one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stat should have read most in the first quarter of a post season game. I mis-typed it in switching it over to Arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you were to ask NFL fans, who were at least somewhat objective, who the best three NFC teams have been the past half decade most of them would probably say "Packers, Saints, and Seahawks."  Myself included.

And yet during that time the Packers and Saints haven't won a conference championship and the Seahawks haven't even been to one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2013 - 13-3  WON SB
2018- 10-6 LOST WC
2019- 11-5 LOST DIV
2020- 12-4 LOST WC

Doesn't help that only 1 NFC team has won the Super Bowl in the last 6 seasons, and it was with Big Dick Nick at the helm. In an offensive shootout with the Pats.

Damn Nick. Damn him for ruining a second 3 out 4, and a possible NFL first, 4 out of 5 for the Pats.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's interesting that the teams that won more games this year are also the teams that made the playoffs?
View Quote

NFC East teams find that interesting. They're sitting there thinking "why bother?"
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He did set a new NFL record for sacks from his position, and did it in just 12 games.

Much like Mack in Chicago. Great player, doing great things, on a team that can't finish the job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think the biggest question is that of positional value and the value of draft picks.

Sure, draft picks are "lottery tickets" or whatever, but some are more valuable than others, and you have to hit on those to build/maintain your franchise.

Then there's the question of positional value. Outside of a great QB, I'm not sure I agree with the idea of sending two firsts and then some to another team for any position. I would argue that it wasn't worth it for Mack, Ramsey, or Adams.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not annoying at all. I'd rather watch them get their chance than end up struggling to make it over .500 every season like other teams.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I think it's an important point that playoff games CANNOT be overlooked. There is much more pressure.

During the regular season, you can beat up on inferior opponents often dealing with injuries, short weeks, and losing records.

During the playoffs, every game is an elimination game and every team you face has a strong winning record (well, okay a few exceptions here).  

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol. Good observation.  You forgot to mention Titans were a #2 (IIRC) offense and a +2000 yd running back got stuffed to 40 yds.  Tannehill did what, 160 yds?   It was a team win
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Switched to NFLN and as expected the Lamar hype is in full swing. He wins one playoff game against one of the worst defenses in the regular season and Mahomes/Rodgers better watch out

Baltimore's defense did their part, but Vrabel put on one of the worst coached playoff performances I've seen in a long time. Tennesee shot themselves in the foot repeatedly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's not annoying at all. I'd rather watch them get their chance than end up struggling to make it over .500 every season like other teams.
View Quote

Fair point. Not trying to be a dick here.

MOST NFL fanbases would be happy to trade their team's record for the seahawks in the last decade. Except the Patriots pretty much.
Winning a Superbowl is hard. It takes a very good team, good coaching, and sometimes luck (injuries or lack thereof)
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I had this theory that the seahawks have gotten steadily worse since SB 48.  Let's take a look

2013 - 13-3  WON SB
2018- 10-6 LOST WC
2019- 11-5 LOST DIV
2020- 12-4 LOST WC

They have been "improving" since 2017 but still. Their Division (Rams / 49ers / Arizona) has been pretty garbage for the most part the last decade- although the 49ers and Rams both made the Superbowl once (and lost)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2013 - 13-3  WON SB
2018- 10-6 LOST WC
2019- 11-5 LOST DIV
2020- 12-4 LOST WC

The Seahawks are straight up screwed as long as Carroll is there:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Metcalf might be is the scariest WR in the NFL and Russ can sling it. Lockett seems to always make plays.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Collin Cowherd was talking about Lamar J. saying its Ok to be an average passer if you are the fastest man in the NFL???????

Sometimes he makes great points and then he just goes full retard. His waffling on players and teams is pretty impressive as well.
View Quote

They built their whole offense around his running abilities.  If he is a middle of the pack passer and a top runner he will still wins lot of games until age and injuries slow him down.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They built their whole offense around his running abilities.  If he is a middle of the pack passer and a top runner he will still wins lot of games until age and injuries slow him down.
View Quote

But not the big ones is my point. Yes he one one playoff game, lets not count our chickens before they are hatched yet. Don't get me wrong he is a great QB. But not the fastest player in the NFL.

My main point was about Cowherd more than Lamar.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#44]

You keep saying that, but Burkhardt has been doing Fox calls for 7 years.  He's been on plenty of games and his voice is pretty recognizable.  And Moose is not a forgettable color guy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Has a great running but an below average (at best) passing QB ever won a Super Bowl?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

MOST NFL fanbases would be happy to trade their team's record for the seahawks in the last decade. Except the Patriots pretty much.
Winning a Superbowl is hard. It takes a very good team, good coaching, and sometimes luck (injuries or lack thereof)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're all good, no worries.

I'm just putting it out there. I'd love to have seen GB go to more SB's, but ultimately as a fan I watch them for entertainment and winning games consistently every season is often more entertaining.

SB or bust is often the mentality people portray, but first things first you've gotta get your ticket to the dance. Even if you can consistently do that, the talent across the NFL is so damn good that it's extremely hard to have dynasties like the Pats did. Those dynasties are the outliers, you only set yourself up for disappointment if your expectations are at that level.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You keep saying that, but Burkhardt has been doing Fox calls for 7 years.  He's been on plenty of games and his voice is pretty recognizable.  And Moose is not a forgettable color guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was just fooling about.  Moose Johnson won 3 Super Bowls with the Cowboys.  I promise you, I know who he is.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was just fooling about.  Moose Johnson won 3 Super Bowls with the Cowboys.  I promise you, I know who he is.  
View Quote

lol

When I did the same thing for week 17 I felt the same way. I know who these guys are, but honestly their commentary and career as commentators doesn't stand out at all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I had hoped you knew Moose.  I was talking about Kevin.  I've been watching Redzone for a few years now, but before, I could remember when you'd get out or market games or whatever on Fox and he was usually on the call when it wasn't Joe and Troy.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top