Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I use to be a Brees fan, but I lost all respect for him after that shit.  Believe whatever you want, but at least have the courage of your convictions.  Don't be a pussy that falls to your knees and begs forgiveness the second your beliefs are questioned.

Though I will commend him on his ability to piss off BOTH sides of a controversial issue.  I mean you basically have to be trying to pull that idiocy off.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I use to be a Brees fan, but I lost all respect for him after that shit.  Believe whatever you want, but at least have the courage of your convictions.  Don't be a pussy that falls to your knees and begs forgiveness the second your beliefs are questioned.

Though I will commend him on his ability to piss off BOTH sides of a controversial issue.  I mean you basically have to be trying to pull that off.
View Quote

Yeah his PR on that who cluster was laughable.  He instantly caved and just pissed off everybody.

The optics on the whole social change bullshit is stupid.  The NFL wasn't even fact checking names, criminals who were shot that should NOT have been honored.  But a military KIA name rustles jimmies.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well I had hoped you knew Moose.  I was talking about Kevin.  I've been watching Redzone for a few years now, but before, I could remember when you'd get out or market games or whatever on Fox and he was usually on the call when it wasn't Joe and Troy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just fooling about.  Moose Johnson won 3 Super Bowls with the Cowboys.  I promise you, I know who he is.  

Well I had hoped you knew Moose.  I was talking about Kevin.  I've been watching Redzone for a few years now, but before, I could remember when you'd get out or market games or whatever on Fox and he was usually on the call when it wasn't Joe and Troy.

Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago the following were all former players who played their entire careers with the Cowboys:

CBS's A Team color commentator

ESPN's A Team color commentator

FOX's A team color commentator

FOX's B team color commentator
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holy shit:

View Quote

Didn't we just listen to over a week of the "experts" telling us their "sources" told them Pederson would be the Eagles' HC next season?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
As for the firing itself: I'm not sure what the Eagles were expecting. Pederson is 3 years removed from winning a Super Bowl with a backup QB, his current QB is arguably THE worst in the NFL (whose 4 year extension starts NEXT season), and his team had injury issues.

But then again, this is the same franchise that fired Andy Reid after he got them to the conference championship seemingly every other year.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Lifelong Saints fan here and loved Brees.    I absolutely can't stand him now.     I'd rather watch Taysom play.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy shit:

View Quote
Ooof
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Metcalf might be is the scariest WR in the NFL and WHEN Russ can sling it.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.

Russ has looked god awful down the stretch, some of it was against some better defenses (statistically), but comparing him to the first half of the season it was like watching Pat Mahomes turn into Sam Darnold.

First 8 games he threw for 3+ TD's in 6 of 8 (75%).
Last 9 games he threw for 3+ TD's in 1 of 9 (vs the Jets) (11%).

First 8 games he threw for over 300 yards in 5 of 8 (63%).
Last 9 games he threw for over 300 yards in 0 of 8 (0%). He only broke 250 in 1 of 8.

First 8 games his passer rating was over 100 in 6 of 8 (75%).
Last 9 games his passer rating was over 100 in 3 of 9 (33%).
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Has a great running but an below average (at best) passing QB ever won a Super Bowl?
View Quote

A quote, unquote, running quarterback, has never won the Super Bowl period, no matter their passing capabilities.

John Elway and Steve Young COULD run, but they weren't running quarterbacks.
Elway's best rushing season was 304 yards total.
Young broke 500 in a season once, but he averaged about 25 yards per game over his career.

Steve McNair was one yard short of winning a Super Bowl, but even he, a possible "running quarterback" averaged less than 25 yards per game over his career.

Edit: Russell Wilson is probably the closest with his one Super Bowl, his best rushing season was 849 yards, broke 500 four other times, averages almost 32 yards per game over his career. But I would call him elusive rather than a "running quarterback". Rushing accounts for about 10% of his career yards. MORE EDIT: He also was forced into a lot of those yards through having to carry the team on his back with a Ferris wheel of injured running backs since Marshawn Lynch's decline/retirement.

Double Edit: Looking at the best running quarterbacks:
Michael Vick, 21% of career yards from rushing
Cam Newton, 15% of career yards from rushing
Randall Cunninham, 14% of career yards from rushing
Lamar Jackson, 29% of career yards from rushing so far

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Drew Brees is WOKE fam.

SaY HeR NaMe!!! What a pickle smoocher. Don't see the GOAT Brady pulling this stupid shit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As for the firing itself: I'm not sure what the Eagles were expecting. Pederson is 3 years removed from winning a Super Bowl with a backup QB, his current QB is arguably THE worst in the NFL (whose 4 year extension starts NEXT season), and his team had injury issues.

But then again, this is the same franchise that fired Andy Reid after he got them to the conference championship seemingly every other year.
View Quote
This is the result of a clash between Doug and the Front Office. It's been going on since last year when the FO told Doug to fire his OC. Doug hasn't been able to hire the guys he wants and has been forced to do things he didn't want to do as far as playing certain players. It came to a head finally. And, the Andy Reid thing, when they fired him it was the best choice for both Andy and the organization. Gotta remember that Andy's son had just passed away and he had basically lost the locker room. He needed a fresh start somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy shit:

View Quote

lol  at least the Eagles will be in the dumpster with us.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#14]
In case the site goes down I setup an ar15 NFL discussion group on Discord https://discord.gg/ueZzN9c8ZB

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In case the site goes down I setup an ar15 NFL discussion group on Discord https://discord.gg/ueZzN9c8ZB

View Quote

Bookmarked, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Didn't we just listen to over a week of the "experts" telling us their "sources" told them Pederson would be the Eagles' HC next season?
View Quote

Was one of them Adam Schefter lol????
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was true at the time. And it was logical.

Quoted:

I know you dislike McAfee, but Rapoport was a guest on his show, and he has a theory that Pederson deliberately butted heads with Lurie so he would get fired as a way out to greener pastures.

There are a surprising number of signs pointing to Pederson going to the Jets.

The Rap interview: https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1348715766695268352
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine having a 7 figure a year salary when you're job could basically just be surfing tweeter looking for rumors and waiting for other people to break news at which point you tweet about it claiming your "sources" told you.  Hell, you don't even have to be right about it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know you dislike McAfee, but Rapoport was a guest on his show, and he has a theory that Pederson deliberately butted heads with Lurie so he would get fired as a way out to greener pastures.

View Quote

Intradesting....

Still not a good look for a coach on the way out if he wants a HC job. Its a good thing to not have an owner interfere about decisions and leave it up to the hired GM and head coach etc., but when the owner doesn't like the direction, latest season screwups and all the crap that went with it sometimes they have to step in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, he didn't really say that was his theory.

Schefter's theory was Pederson had no incentive to compromise what he wanted because he knew he had opportunities elsewhere. Basically a win-win scenario. Do what you want while calling your bosses bluff or the boss wasn't bluffing and now you get out to a spot where you'll be able to do what you want.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Imagine having a 9 figure a year salary when you're job could basically just be surfing tweeter looking for rumors and waiting for other people to break news at which point you tweet about it claiming your "sources" told you.  Hell, you don't even have to be right about it.
View Quote

Did you mean 6 figure or at worst 7 figure?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine having a 9 figure a year salary when you're job could basically just be surfing tweeter looking for rumors and waiting for other people to break news at which point you tweet about it claiming your "sources" told you.  Hell, you don't even have to be right about it.

Haha, yup.  Should have been 7.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#26]
In today's episode of The Days of our Steelers, it sounds like Pouncey is about to retire, and Claypool has his first infamous quote:

Whatever tirade video Tree releases this week is gonna be a blast.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In today's episode of The Days of our Steelers, it sounds like Pouncey is about to retire, and Claypool has his first infamous quote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErettvAXEAE_4Tf?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

So they suffered the most humiliating postseason defeat in franchise history, but he thinks the team that beat them is going to lose next week "so it's all good"?

There have probably been things NFL players have said 12-24 hours following a tough loss that made them look worse than this, but I sure can't think of one off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the Bucs can't win it all this year, I hope the Browns do just to see this guy's response.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If the Bucs can't win it all this year, I hope the Browns do just to see this guy's response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I don't have any money on it, I just want to be entertained. I don't much cares who wins, but yeah, I guess if I had to pick Brady winning another one would be pretty cool.

The Browns winning would be pretty funny if only to see the Steelers' players forced to eat even more crow.

It's impressive though how the Steelers WRs have an ability to turn neutral fans against their team when they've never even won a playoff game.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah his PR on that who cluster was laughable.  He instantly caved and just pissed off everybody.

The optics on the whole social change bullshit is stupid.  The NFL wasn't even fact checking names, criminals who were shot that should NOT have been honored.  But a military KIA name rustles jimmies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Though I will commend him on his ability to piss off BOTH sides of a controversial issue.  I mean you basically have to be trying to pull that off.

IIRC, Jerry Jones wanted to do something for LEOs that were killed.  The NFL said no.  But, hey, feel free to honor a convicted felon that was shot after he attacked someone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Saw that there was a strong rumor of pouncey is retiring. Wonder if Decastro will too.

Ugh thought Claypool would be smarter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But not the big ones is my point. Yes he one one playoff game, lets not count our chickens before they are hatched yet. Don't get me wrong he is a great QB. But not the fastest player in the NFL.

My main point was about Cowherd more than Lamar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They built their whole offense around his running abilities.  If he is a middle of the pack passer and a top runner he will still wins lot of games until age and injuries slow him down.

But not the big ones is my point. Yes he one one playoff game, lets not count our chickens before they are hatched yet. Don't get me wrong he is a great QB. But not the fastest player in the NFL.

My main point was about Cowherd more than Lamar.

Cowherd is an idiot.  I don’t think LJ will not be a great long term QB but they will be dangerous the next couple years and then I expect him to fade away.

There are only a couple truly top level guys.  If you can’t get one of the Jackson is an interesting option.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Saw that there was a strong rumor of pouncey is retiring. Wonder if Decastro will too.

Ugh thought Claypool would be smarter.
View Quote

He went to ND. Why would he be smart?  Lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If I don't have any money on it, I just want to be entertained. I don't much cares who wins, but yeah, I guess if I had to pick Brady winning another one would be pretty cool.

The Browns winning would be pretty funny if only to see the Steelers' players forced to eat even more crow.

It's impressive though how the Steelers WRs have an ability to turn neutral fans against their team when they've never even won a playoff game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may have a different perspective, but watching your team get eliminated by an iffy team that goes nowhere was always more frustrating to me than watching them get eliminated by an obvious contender.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]
File this in the trivia section:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Steelers have 21 free agent players.
Big questions on who they will try and keep.

Not to mention if key players retire.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice, he played 2 games for Green Bay last year so should be somewhat familiar with the playbook already.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will he even be able to play This week Bc of covid protocols? Isn’t there a ten day wait period ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quinn to Dallas is happening.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like 2021 opponents released.

NFC east paired against AFC west and NFC south.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Looks like 2021 opponents released.

NFC east paired against AFC west and NFC south.
View Quote

Enjoy that first place schedule.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Will he even be able to play This week Bc of covid protocols? Isn't there a ten day wait period ?
View Quote

If signed from the practice squad, he was already in covid protocols and thus doesn't need to wait. Same for Snacks Harrison.

Two really great moves to bolster the O and D lines.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I still can't believe Philly got rid of the guy who won them their only superbowl 3 years ago with a backup QB.

I'm pretty sure McCarthy will be coach for life in Dallas if he can bring Jerry a superbowl.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Veldheer played with GB last year, signed him out of retirement. Came off the bench after Bulaga got hurt and played significant snaps in week 17 and in week 19, and played at a high level. In the off season there was talk about resigning him to replace Bulaga, but they signed Rick Wagner instead. The theory was Veldheer would be a phone call away in an emergency. Obviously this year the Colts called him first, but with GB losing Bak and reshuffling the line it looks like they've pounced on their opportunity to pick him up.

It's very good news for GB fans, Bak's injury made things a little worrisome, and this should help a lot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What did I miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I miss?

Check around GD and Team. Site was down for a lot of people today due to Go Daddy pulling some shady shit since the site domain is hosted through them.

Go Daddy has turned off the backend on numerous other sites in the past, and I guess they were accusing ar15.com of hosting illegal activity on the forum
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top