BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm actually surprised that was as entertaining as it is.

I thought of something crazy though... In 2018 the Rams & Chiefs game outscored the one in the clip. Fucking nuts.
View Quote

I enjoyed the highlight clip too.  How did I never hear of this new league until reading this page?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He's played more than 3 seasons, unless we're just cherry picking 3 years.
View Quote

No QB has that win percentage that fits the stats (for their careers). So it has to be a 3 year stretch for someone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No QB has that win percentage that fits the stats (for their careers). So it has to be a 3 year stretch for someone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I kinda figured it had to be. I couldn't think of any QB that was that successful with that short of a career. When I thought "successful and short career" I thought Luck, but he played more than 3 years. Stats would probably fit in a 3 year period of his as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:

The winning percentage and stats reflect 45 NFL games over the course of 20 seasons.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The winning percentage and stats reflect 45 NFL games over the course of 20 seasons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Russell Wilson may end up being a Dallas Cowboy.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fuck.
View Quote

I seriously doubt that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/64jVVzB87tzG/giphy.gif

So Brady’s play off career... Jesus.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fuck.
View Quote

man I hope not.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Also, this is crazy:

I want to believe...
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]
So for the 17th regular season game, they are reporting it will likely be a cross-conference game, and they will alternate home field advantage per year. So the AFC will have one extra home game vs the NFC in 2021, then switch.

Really smart way to handle it.

Edit: Other reported details:

No extra bye week. 17 games in 18 weeks.
Week 1 2021 will be Sunday Sept 12th 2021.
Week 18 2021 will be January 9th 2022.
Super Bowl will be February 13th 2022.
Wild Card weekend will have 2 Sat games, 3 Sun games, 1 Mon game

Peter King reporting all the 17th games as:
SEA at PIT
LAR at BAL
ARI at CLE
SF at CIN
GB at KC (WOO!)
CHI at LV
MIN at LAC
DET at DEN
WFT at BUF
NYG at MIA
DAL at NE
PHI at NYJ
NO at TEN
TB at IND
CAR at HOU
ATL at JAX
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Numbers are really impressive, if accurate/verifiable, I could see this easily becoming a mandatory piece of equipment in high schools for soccer/football.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/27/us/fda-brain-injury-device/index.html

(CNN)A new device that could help reduce the risk of traumatic brain injury during head impacts was given the green light by the Food and Drug Administration on Friday. The device is authorized for athletes 13 and older, and can be used during football, soccer and other high-impact sports.

The C-shaped device, called the Q-Collar, fits around the back and side of the neck. It works by clamping down on blood vessels in the neck, which increases blood volume in the skull. This limits the movement of the brain inside the skull, which researchers believe generally causes traumatic brain injury.

The FDA said it based its recommendation on a number of studies, including one that compared changes in brain structure between high school football players who wore the Q-Collar versus those who did not. All participants were 13 years and older.

The researchers used advanced imaging techniques to look at changes in the brains of nearly 300 study participants before and after the season. They found changes in deep structures of the brain in 73% of participants in the no-collar group, while no significant changes in these same structures were found in 77% of participants in the collar group.

Carolina Panthers' Linebacker Luke Kuechly, who retired at 28 after suffering a series of head injuries, was seen wearing the Q-Collar in his final seasons with the NFL.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci fans would all be thrilled to see Baltimore tie down Lamar to a long term, mostly guaranteed, highest in the NFL salary deal...

Edit: It is interesting that talking about paying a league MVP big money is kind of controversial.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

Did not see that coming. Cardinals out of nowhere with the overpay.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

View Quote

LOL...yeah went for the money. About winning my ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]
With last night's loss to the Phoenix Suns, the Minnesota Timberwolves have officially surpassed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the worst winning percentage in the history of American sports.

Damn Tom Brady, 15 wins at a 75% rate, fucking up the Bucs record and letting the Timberwolves take over.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Call me crazy but my Steelers should look at him.
But only if they can fix the damn o-line.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're crazy.

He'll end up being a veteran backup somewhere. I think there's a play to be made for Jacksonville here. Pick up Smith to be the week 1-2 starter before Lawrence comes in. Then be the vet teacher/backup for Lawrence. In the same way Hasselbeck backed up Luck in Indy.

Also potentially free up Minshew to seek out greener pastures.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

View Quote

AZ loves them some Texans players?

I can't blame the guy for going after that kind of money, but you'd have thought his priorities would be elsewhere at this point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can't blame the guy for going after that kind of money, but you'd have thought his priorities would be elsewhere at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

Green Bay, Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh... All were clearly interested and making offers.

He wanted the bag, not the ring.

But good for him for getting that much, especially the guarantee.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Well shit.

I can't imagine a real contender shelling out 15M a year for him though, so I guess he was after the money.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well shit.

I can't imagine a real contender shelling out 15M a year for him though, so I guess he was after the money.
View Quote

Bigly. Cardinals gave him top 10 money, with 75% guaranteed. Considering he has missed 32 games in the last 5 seasons and is now 32 years old... Good for him for cashing in. Cardinals leveraged the dollars hard.

Since they still have Murray on that rookie contract, they have some cap space to play, but I think they are still a few more pieces away. Watt (if healthy) will improve them, but they are still sitting in the "Wild Card Contender" spot, not "Super Bowl Contender".
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Wilson to Chicago! Make it happen! It won't... But I can dream.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ouuuuuch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#27]
JJ will have to pick a new number. #99 is retired with the Cardinals for Marshall Goldberg. Played for the Chicago Cardinals, 1939-43, then again after serving in the Navy during the war, 46-48.

He also played both ways, has 19 career INTs and 9 fumble recoveries. Was also the punt/kick returner.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really want to know what the difference between the Bills and Cards offers was.

The Bills are pretty much a lock to win their division, and they might be the AFC team most likely to make it to the Super Bowl this year.

The Cards are a giant grey area, and I'm skeptical they can win their division, much less go any further.

I think I'd need a 20%+ difference to make me choose AZ over Buffalo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I really want to know what the difference between the Bills and Cards offers was.

The Bills are pretty much a lock to win their division, and they might be the AFC team most likely to make it to the Super Bowl this year.

The Cards are a giant grey area, and I'm skeptical they can win their division, much less go any further.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Buffalo have the same NYC income taxes? Cost of living is pretty damn low in both cities. I don't blame a guy for choosing a dome in Arizona, and a division with Seattle, LA, and SF over a division with outdoor Boston and NYC.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#31]
BAHAHAHA!

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL...yeah went for the money. About winning my ass.
View Quote

I call $23 million winning!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

View Quote

I can't fault anyone for getting as much money as they can if they view football as nothing more than a job, but I gotta admit Watt basically saying "even though I'm already set for life I pretty just care about making as much money as I can" does lower my opinion of him.  I thought he was a competitor that really wanted a ring before he called it quits.  Guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's such a crap shoot to get a title.   Just ask all those guys fighting to get on KC last year.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's such a crap shoot to get a title.   Just ask all those guys fighting to get on KC last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which a big reason why I think no QB will ever come close to Brady's 7.  Hell, he might even have more than 7 by the time he's done.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Run Russell, ruuuuuunnnnn!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I call $23 million winning!
View Quote

A ring.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Green Bay, Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh... All were clearly interested and making offers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

Yeah clearly, just kind of surprising considering the money he's made already and how everybody seems to emphasize the importance of rings. And getting an opportunity to play professional ball with your brothers? I really don't have any frame of reference for that but I'd imagine that would be a pretty special experience.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You're crazy.

He'll end up being a veteran backup somewhere. I think there's a play to be made for Jacksonville here. Pick up Smith to be the week 1-2 starter before Lawrence comes in. Then be the vet teacher/backup for Lawrence. In the same way Hasselbeck backed up Luck in Indy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're crazy.

He can’t take a full regular season anymore. And he can’t move at all behind the line. Not a good combo for QBs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah clearly, just kind of surprising considering the money he's made already and how everybody seems to emphasize the importance of rings. And getting an opportunity to play professional ball with your brothers? I really don't have any frame of reference for that but I'd imagine that would be a pretty special experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHATTTTTT!?!?!?!?

I am curious on how his relationship with Hopkins is. Do they have a special enough friendship to have played a part in this deal? Or was it just a bonus on top of the huge money offer?

Edit: Playing opposite Jones and knowing it meant he might not be double teamed every snap probably helped as well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course it's a crapshoot, but there are shots with higher and lower percentages.

Buffalo, GB, TB, KC, etc. are probably locks for the playoffs. AZ? Contender but they're clearly more of a "on the way up" than a "at the top" team. There's a lot of shit to stumble on on your to the top.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am curious on how his relationship with Hopkins is. Do they have a special enough friendship to have played a part in this deal? Or was it just a bonus on top of the huge money offer?

Edit: Playing opposite Jones and knowing it meant he might not be double teamed every snap probably helped as well.
View Quote

He said he wanted to play for a winner/contender. I guess pretty much most teams have a better chance than the Texan's. I guess his bar was pretty low for those standards.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no idea what their personal relationship is like, but I imagine D-Hop likes AZ more than Houston and he would be in the perfect position to sell JJ on the pros of signing there. Who else would intimately know all the BS happening down in Houston and be able to go "that shit doesn't happen here" ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He said he wanted to play for a winner/contender. I guess pretty much most teams have a better chance than the Texan's. I guess his bar was pretty low for those standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been trying to remember if HE said that, or if the talking heads stated he said/wanted that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have been trying to remember if HE said that, or if the talking heads stated he said/wanted that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He said that, I'm pretty sure it was tweets. I can try and find them.

QUICK SEARCH: Non JJ tweets but quote is his, recent one.

“I don’t think it’s any secret that I don’t have 10 years left in this league,” Watt said when asked if he wants to finish his career with the Texans. “I personally believe that I do have a few more great ones left in me, but I’m not looking to rebuild. I’m looking to go after a championship, and that’s what I want to do.

“Whatever is in the best interest of the Houston Texans, that’s in the best interest of myself. I’m interested in winning a championship in this league. That’s every player’s goal.”

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have no idea what their personal relationship is like, but I imagine D-Hop likes AZ more than Houston and he would be in the perfect position to sell JJ on the pros of signing there. Who else would intimately know all the BS happening down in Houston and be able to go "that shit doesn't happen here" ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outside of Houston, that level of bullshit doesn't happen anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if he did, once you hit a certain amount of money, everything comes into play.

ARI: JJ, we want you to play for us.
JJ: Sorry guys, I'm hoping to get a shot at a ring before I retire.
ARI: $$$
JJ: Thanks for the offer man, but really, I want to compete.
ARI: $$$$$$
JJ: Uhhh... That's a lot of money, but still no.
ARI: $$$$$$$$$$
JJ: *Puts on Cardinals shirt, tweets photo of himself*
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Even if he did, once you hit a certain amount of money, everything comes into play.

ARI: JJ, we want you to play for us.
JJ: Sorry guys, I'm hoping to get a shot at a ring before I retire.
ARI: $$$
JJ: Thanks for the offer man, but really, I want to compete.
ARI: $$$$$$
JJ: Uhhh... That's a lot of money, but still no.
ARI: $$$$$$$$$$
JJ: *Puts on Cardinals shirt, tweets photo of himself*
View Quote

Its funny how a shit load of money clears up a lot of frustration.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Outside of Houston, that level of bullshit doesn't happen anywhere.
View Quote

I don't even mean that big stuff we've been watching and commenting on.

You don't just start doing stuff like that without there being smaller, less talked about, issues that likely impacted the players on a daily basis.

Not exactly a relevant (to Houston) example, but on McAfee's show LeSean McCoy mentioned how Chip Kelly was having the team piss tested daily for hydration purposes. They're professionals not college kids, shit like that isn't going to fly...and clearly didn't.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top