Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a stat that claimed the Chiefs had a grand total of 4 offensive snaps that were NOT 5 man protection.

Can anyone confirm this?  It seems hard to believe the Bucs were getting pressure all game, Mahomes bailing at the first hint of trouble (even sometimes when the protection was good) and running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and Andy Reid seeing what was happening with 5 man protection was just....

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not exactly a relevant (to Houston) example, but on McAfee's show LeSean McCoy mentioned how Chip Kelly was having the team piss tested daily for hydration purposes. They're professionals not college kids, shit like that isn't going to fly...and clearly didn't.
View Quote

If you remove Pete Carroll (because he began in the NFL), I believe it was something like in the last 20 years, only Chip Kelly has had a winning record coming from college to NFL coaching, and no one would call Chip Kelly a success either.

College coaches just can't make that transition from treating everyone the same (a bunch of kids playing for no money, with the same goal) to understanding everyone's a man, men worth millions of dollars, who all have their own agendas.

Urban Meyer will be really fun to watch this year. You could already see he still has that disconnect when he didn't think any of his players would have a problem with him hiring that Iowa guy who was accused of being a racist who physically harmed black athletes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw a stat that claimed the Chiefs had a grand total of 4 offensive snaps that were NOT 5 man protection.

Can anyone confirm this?  It seems hard to believe the Bucs were getting pressure all game, Mahomes bailing at the first hint of trouble (even sometimes when the protection was good) and running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and Andy Reid seeing what was happening with 5 man protection was just....

https://media2.giphy.com/media/QMHoU66sBXqqLqYvGO/giphy.gif
View Quote

I could believe it. Maybe if I get bored I will rewatch and count.

When I did watch all of their offensive snaps the other time I did a review, I was already commenting on how shocking it was on most plays that both Kelce and the RB were just dipping right out on their flats and on some plays were actively moving out of the way of the pass rush.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its funny how a shit load of money clears up a lot of frustration.
View Quote

Money only temporarily relieves frustration when someone is passionate about their work. If he truly wanted a championship and got distracted by the money I'd bet he'll regret it later. Still...regret isn't as bad when you're rich as fuck.

As an example... Tom Brady probably could have signed a contract for more money, but that's clearly not been as important to him throughout his career.

Don't get me wrong, JJ can do what he wants and if he's happy then good for him. But like HK said, it kinda changes my opinion of him when he goes from "I want to win" to "I like money." Not necessarily a bad change, just a change.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
A look at some of the defensive pass rushers Wilson is scheduled to face next year:
  • JJ Watt and Chandler Jones (TWICE)
  • Aaron Donald (TWICE)
  • Nick Bosa and Arik Armstead (TWICE)
  • Khalil Mack
  • Cam Jordan
  • Danielle Hunter
  • Deforest Buckner
  • Chase Young
  • Josh Allen
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Money only temporarily relieves frustration when someone is passionate about their work. If he truly wanted a championship and got distracted by the money I'd bet he'll regret it later. Still...regret isn't as bad when you're rich as fuck.

As an example... Tom Brady probably could have signed a contract for more money, but that's clearly not been as important to him throughout his career.

Don't get me wrong, JJ can do what he wants and if he's happy then good for him. But like HK said, it kinda changes my opinion of him when he goes from "I want to win" to "I like money." Not necessarily a bad change, just a change.
View Quote

I agree...my level of respect for him went down a notch. His choice to do what he wants but so is mine to see it that way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the players making bank: yes.

For the fans seeing their team not only be dead last in their own division for Super Bowl odds but to have the odds be TWICE as worse as the 3rd highest team in the division: not so much.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/QMHoU66sBXqqLqYvGO/giphy.gif
View Quote

Seems legit. We already talked about how their makeshift O line didn't get much help from TE's and RB's.

I can sort of understand not changing it up also. First it would make getting the big plays they needed a little harder, second they've been successful not doing that (even during comebacks), and third and maybe most importantly it looks more and more like Reid's head wasn't in the game possibly due to his son.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
and third and maybe most importantly it looks more and more like Reid's head wasn't in the game possibly due to his son.
View Quote

I've said it multiple times already, but I'll say it again.

The more, and more, and more, and more, that we look at it and time goes by, the more flabbergasted I am with the apparent colossal coaching failure the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl.

I just don't get it. Someone of Reid's caliber, with that coaching staff in place, it just is fucking mind blowing, MIND BLOWING, how huge of a failure they were both entering that game and at adjusting during the game.

The Bucs came out in the exact same defense they played the Chiefs in during the 2nd half of their regular season game. They just came out with much more intensity and fully healthy. Also against a weaker Chiefs offensive line.

So how, with 2 weeks to prepare, with none of the normal distractions because of Covid, did they not come into that game prepared to face that 2 deep safety defense from the beginning? How did they not come into that game knowing they would need to help their offensive line and scheme for it? And how did they not adjust for either the entire game?

I just don't get it. I don't know how that happens.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which a big reason why I think no QB will ever come close to Brady's 7.  Hell, he might even have more than 7 by the time he's done.
View Quote
Agreed.  I get why someone like Mahomes mentally has to chase the guy, but IMHO he ends up with 2-3 superbowl wins in his career.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The more, and more, and more, and more, that we look at it and time goes by, the more flabbergasted I am with the apparent colossal coaching failure the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl.

I just don't get it. Someone of Reid's caliber, with that coaching staff in place, it just is fucking mind blowing, MIND BLOWING, how huge of a failure they were both entering that game and at adjusting during the game.

The Bucs came out in the exact same defense they played the Chiefs in during the 2nd half of their regular season game. They just came out with much more intensity and fully healthy. Also against a weaker Chiefs offensive line.

So how, with 2 weeks to prepare, with none of the normal distractions because of Covid, did they not come into that game prepared to face that 2 deep safety defense from the beginning? How did they not come into that game knowing they would need to help their offensive line and scheme for it? And how did they not adjust for either the entire game?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and third and maybe most importantly it looks more and more like Reid's head wasn't in the game possibly due to his son.

Britt Reid's fuckup was on Feb 4th. The Super Bowl was on the 7th. Most of the game planning should have been done before the crash.

I can maybe understand a scenario where Reid has his head up his ass in the game and Bieniemy doesn't have the sway to force a change, but it never should have gotten to that point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would take unnamed sources from the Texans with an extremely large grain of salt. Like picture one of those rocks of salt they haul out of the cave mines.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Since winning his first league MVP in 2011, Rodgers and the Packers have only lost in the playoffs to teams they lost to in that same regular season.

2012: Week 1 v San Francisco (30-22)
Divisional round @ San Francisco (45-31)

2013: Week 1 @ San Francisco (34-28)
Wild Card v San Francisco (23-20)

2014: Week 1 @ Seattle (36-16)
NFCCG @ Seattle (28-22)

2015: Week 16 @ Arizona (38-8)
Divisional Round @ Arizona (26-20)

2016: Week 8 @ Atlanta (33-32)
NFCCG @ Atlanta (44-21)

2019: Week 12 @ San Francisco (37-8)
NFCCG @ San Francisco (37-20)

2020: Week 6 @ Tampa Bay (38-10)
NFCCG v Tampa (31-26)
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would take unnamed sources from the Texans with an extremely large grain of salt. Like picture one of those rocks of salt they hall out of the cave mines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would take unnamed sources from the Texans with an extremely large grain of salt. Like picture one of those rocks of salt they hall out of the cave mines.

Un-named Texans source, reported by a Bills media member, after not getting Watt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Anonymous sources.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does Buffalo have the same NYC income taxes? Cost of living is pretty damn low in both cities. I don't blame a guy for choosing a dome in Arizona, and a division with Seattle, LA, and SF over a division with outdoor Boston and NYC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really want to know what the difference between the Bills and Cards offers was.

The Bills are pretty much a lock to win their division, and they might be the AFC team most likely to make it to the Super Bowl this year.

The Cards are a giant grey area, and I'm skeptical they can win their division, much less go any further.

I think I'd need a 20%+ difference to make me choose AZ over Buffalo.

Does Buffalo have the same NYC income taxes? Cost of living is pretty damn low in both cities. I don't blame a guy for choosing a dome in Arizona, and a division with Seattle, LA, and SF over a division with outdoor Boston and NYC.

Yeah, I have to believe that playing indoors in Arizona for eight games, another game in Los Angeles, and another game in San Fran (plus the real possibility of additional games either indoors or in decent climates with the other seven games) helped play into it. I'm sure taxes also played a big part, as NY must rob you more than AZ does.

(but it's all about WINNING...lol)
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I picked the Chiefs to win based partly on coaching. On no planet did I think an Andy Reid coaching staff would get outclassed by a Bruce Arians staff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Britt Reid's fuckup was on Feb 4th. The Super Bowl was on the 7th. Most of the game planning should have been done before the crash.

I can maybe understand a scenario where Reid has his head up his ass in the game and Bieniemy doesn't have the sway to force a change, but it never should have gotten to that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's why I said "possibly due to his son."

Reid has fucked up when it counted before, it's not exactly mind blowing that it could happen still.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, that's some awfully sour grapes right there!

JJ Watt:

5× Pro Bowl selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
5× First-team All-Pro selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
3× Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Pro Football Writers Association NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Sporting News Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Pro Football Focus Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
3× Pro Football Focus Best Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
4× Kansas City Committee of 101 AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
2× NFL sacks leader (2012, 2015)
AP NFL MVP runner-up (2014)
Bert Bell Award (2014)
Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year (2017)
Pro Bowl Defensive MVP (2014)
Ranked No. 5 in the Top 100 Players of 2013
Ranked No. 12 in the Top 100 Players of 2014
Ranked No. 1 in the Top 100 Players of 2015
Ranked No. 3 in the Top 100 Players of 2016
Ranked No. 35 in the Top 100 Players of 2017
Ranked No. 84 in the Top 100 Players of 2018
Ranked No. 12 in the Top 100 Players of 2019
Ranked No. 45 in the Top 100 Players of 2020
First player with multiple 20-sack seasons (2012, 2014)
4× PFWA All-NFL Team (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
6× AFC Defensive Player of the Month (Sep. 2012, Dec. 2012, Sep. 2014, Dec. 2014, Nov. 2015, Sep. 2018)[110]
Houston Texans franchise records
Most career sacks (101.0)
Most career forced (25) and recovered fumbles (16)

But clearly the Houston defense is far better off without him.  He was just holding them back!  Now we're going to see the genius of the Texan's front office!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

JJ Watt:

3× Pro Football Writers Association NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
4× Kansas City Committee of 101 AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Bert Bell Award (2014)
6× AFC Defensive Player of the Month (Sep. 2012, Dec. 2012, Sep. 2014, Dec. 2014, Nov. 2015, Sep. 2018)[110]

But clearly the Houston defense is far better off without him.  He was just holding them back!  Now we're going to see the genius of the Texan's front office!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJ Watt:

Bert Bell Award (2014)

Lol

The guy is definitely past him prime though and would have probably hurt himself in preseason in Buffalo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really want to know if his drop off in 19 and 20 is his fault or not. If something suggests he can still play at a top level he would be an excellent FA pickup for lots of teams, but if you get 2019 or 2020 TY then not so much.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I really want to know if his drop off in 19 and 20 is his fault or not. If something suggests he can still play at a top level he would be an excellent FA pickup for lots of teams, but if you get 2019 or 2020 TY then not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to ignore things that are mostly attributed to the QB... For 2019 and 2020 he was very average (in the 50th to 100th rankings) in yards of separation, catch rate, contested catch rate and yards after the catch.

Graded high 70's by PFF both years. Which is about what you would expect for an average team's #1 WR I guess.

He currently has been making top 20 WR money (avg yearly), but I could easily list 20 other wide receivers I would rather have for that same price. Tyler Lockett has a similar play style to TY, and Tyler comes in at top 25 in all of those same categories, and has been working for 30% less money. Now Lockett is due a pay raise, but I think TY is due a pay cut based on the last two seasons.

$10M a year. Otherwise let him go. And I think that is the generous we want him to stay in Indy price.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Was due $5M in cash, cap hit of $6M. Dead cap is $3.3M. Frees up $2.7M.

Guy is coming off 3 very poor years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Was due $5M in cash, cap hit of $6M. Dead cap is $3.3M. Frees up $2.7M.

Guy is coming off 3 very poor years.
View Quote

Watch GB sign him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol

The guy is definitely past him prime though and would have probably hurt himself in preseason in Buffalo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJ Watt:

Bert Bell Award (2014)

Lol

Do you think he’s a selfish, locker room cancer who holds back his team by being on the field?  Because that’s the gist from that Twitter post.

Did the Cardinals overpay fir an older player? Could be.  But the Bills were very interested in Watt right up until he passed, sbd suddenly he’s a trash player.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do you think he's a selfish, locker room cancer who holds back his team by being on the field?  Because that's the gist from that Twitter post.

Did the Cardinals overpay fir an older player? Could be.  But the Bills were very interested in Watt right up until he passed, sbd suddenly he's a trash player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJ Watt:

5 Pro Bowl selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
5 First-team All-Pro selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
3 Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3 Pro Football Writers Association NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3 Sporting News Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3 Pro Football Focus Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
3 Pro Football Focus Best Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
4 Kansas City Committee of 101 AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
2 NFL sacks leader (2012, 2015)
Bert Bell Award (2014)
4 PFWA All-NFL Team (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
6 AFC Defensive Player of the Month (Sep. 2012, Dec. 2012, Sep. 2014, Dec. 2014, Nov. 2015, Sep. 2018)[110]

Lol

Do you think he's a selfish, locker room cancer who holds back his team by being on the field?  Because that's the gist from that Twitter post.

Did the Cardinals overpay fir an older player? Could be.  But the Bills were very interested in Watt right up until he passed, sbd suddenly he's a trash player.

Guy is a local sports reporter for a Buffalo outlet. Definitely some salt in that tweet. I also question how many "sources" a guy working the sports desk at a channel 4 level news agency may actually have.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you think he’s a selfish, locker room cancer who holds back his team by being on the field?  Because that’s the gist from that Twitter post.

Did the Cardinals overpay fir an older player? Could be.  But the Bills were very interested in Watt right up until he passed, sbd suddenly he’s a trash player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJ Watt:

Bert Bell Award (2014)

Lol

i'm sure someone here can post about how much of a positive asset Watt is to defenses.

i'm not his biggest fan, and i'm sure after last season he rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way, but i don't really hold that against him.

as far as chasing money and not the ring, i can't ever blame a player for going after money. i'm sure i'll never be in a position to turn down millions of dollars in salary so i'm not gonna blast a guy for getting every penny he can while able. maybe he felt his best and happiest fit was in AZ, and there's also a lot to be said about being happy at work, which in the end football is his job.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJ Watt:

Bert Bell Award (2014)

Lol

No. I would have loved to see him in Buffalo for the right price but I expected him to play a limited schedule.  But with their luck he would slip on a wet floor and get a concussion and retire.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

i'm sure someone here can post about how much of a positive asset Watt is to defenses.

i'm not his biggest fan, and i'm sure after last season he rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way, but i don't really hold that against him.

as far as chasing money and not the ring, i can't ever blame a player for going after money. i'm sure i'll never be in a position to turn down millions of dollars in salary so i'm not gonna blast a guy for getting every penny he can while able. maybe he felt his best and happiest fit was in AZ, and there's also a lot to be said about being happy at work, which in the end football is his job.

View Quote

I don't blame guys for choosing money (or whatever else) either, but when you say one thing and do another.... Well, it doesn't put you in the best light.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Plot twist:

If he's productive next year, I'll be happy he's in the NFC. If not, I would have preferred he would have boat-anchored one of these AFC teams.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't blame guys for choosing money (or whatever else) either, but when you say one thing and do another.... Well, it doesn't put you in the best light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, the thing i won't put against him is he didn't say 'championship or bust.' i know that's splitting hairs, but the cards may have a good shot at winning that division.

i was just thinking about it today, and each NFC south team has made the super bowl in the past decade (ok 11 years but you get my point). hell, the hawks, rams and niners all made it in less than the past decade. i def think the cards have a shot. i'm not saying they'll make it, but they have a shot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Steelers under Tomlin are as bad or worse than Reid for adjustments.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Plot twist:

If he's productive next year, I'll be happy he's in the NFC. If not, I would have preferred he would have boat-anchored one of these AFC teams.
View Quote

i hate those speculative tweets. i wish no one would say shit if they're not willing to give the details. it's like everyone speculating the lions could've gotten more than two firsts a third and a starting QB for stafford. i'm sure if a deal that much better was out there they would've taken that deal.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You're crazy.

He'll end up being a veteran backup somewhere. I think there's a play to be made for Jacksonville here. Pick up Smith to be the week 1-2 starter before Lawrence comes in. Then be the vet teacher/backup for Lawrence. In the same way Hasselbeck backed up Luck in Indy.

Also potentially free up Minshew to seek out greener pastures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call me crazy but my Steelers should look at him.
But only if they can fix the damn o-line.
You're crazy.

He'll end up being a veteran backup somewhere. I think there's a play to be made for Jacksonville here. Pick up Smith to be the week 1-2 starter before Lawrence comes in. Then be the vet teacher/backup for Lawrence. In the same way Hasselbeck backed up Luck in Indy.

Also potentially free up Minshew to seek out greener pastures.
He is more mobile than Big Ben.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Plot twist:

View Quote

I doubt it.

Maaaaybe in $/yr but I'll bet the guarantee wasn't there.

Titans are the most believable considering they've shown they're willing to overspend on defensive lineman.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I doubt it.

Titans are the most believable considering they've shown they're willing to overspend on defensive lineman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plot twist:

I doubt it.

these tweets always seem to come from someone chasing clout. yeah the guy has 50K followers, but it seems he's trying to get to a higher status. i doubt many of us have heard of the guy until now, no shock he's leaking this info.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't believe it for a minute. Edit: Or it was something stupid like it was a 4 year deal, with way lower yearly avg, but adds up to more money.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#44]
SI reporting Dak wants 2nd highest yearly average (behind Mahomes) with the second largest contract ever (behind Mahomes).

Said it's about respect. Reportedly his camp/agent said that the Cowboys cap problems are not their problem.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
SI reporting Dak wants 2nd highest yearly average (behind Mahomes) with the second largest contract ever (behind Mahomes).

Said it's about respect. Reportedly his camp/agent said that the Cowboys cap problems are not their problem.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

that screams it's all about being able to pimp out the biggest available contract and nothing about respect. dak just wants to be 'that guy' with 'that contract.'
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny how It's about "respect" to get paid more than everyone else.

What a team player
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#48]
To be fair, he has all the power. What do you do with power? You flex it.
They offer him a deal he doesn't like, he says no. What can the Cowboys do about it? Franchise tag him, or let him walk.
They tag him. He gets $38M fully guaranteed, and then gets to bet on himself playing well, and do it all over again next season.
They let him walk. In this market? THIS off season? A dozen teams are offering him a deal before the end of the day.

Kinda like JJ's camp. What does, "I want to play for a contender," mean? It either means you're taking a discount to play on a good team, or you're flexing that a lower level team needs to PAY UP.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Every NFL football player should do whatever they can to earn as much of a contract as they can.  I can understand in certain situations taking a little less than perhaps the highest offer, but that should be up to the individual.  No player should ever be concerned in any way about the salary cap.  The cap is an artificial construct.  If the NFL as a body should become very concerned with the size of the cap as it relates to fielding competitive teams, the NFL can change the cap, how big it is and how it works.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

that screams it's all about being able to pimp out the biggest available contract and nothing about respect. dak just wants to be 'that guy' with 'that contract.'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be worse.  I remember when Dez was demanding his mega deal he tweeted out "I'm a loyal guy, but don't test my loyalty."

It's like: "dumbass, if your loyalty breaks when tested you weren't loyal in the first place."
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top